PDA

View Full Version : South Island: 2007 Chatto Creek 1000 miler

Jantar
16th August 2007, 22:13
Yes folks, its just about that time of year again. 1000 miles of the scenic South Island in 24 hours.

Entry forms for this year's event are now available at http://chatto-creek-mcc.tripod.com/

Just go to the Summer Programme page and download an entry form. :scooter: :scooter:

Jantar
24th September 2007, 22:38
OK, its getting closer, so who else is all entering? :ride: :ride: :ride:

Zapf
24th September 2007, 23:09
I am considering... why?

Ruralman
25th September 2007, 20:15
OK, its getting closer, so who else is all entering? :ride: :ride: :ride:

So do you (personally) ride this on your own or with another rider or 2 ?

Its definitely on my list of things I want to do - prefer it on a different mount with a bit more grunt and longer range than the T/A but you never know that might have happened by then.....

Jantar
25th September 2007, 20:21
All the riders are sent off at the same time. Some ride by themselves, others in small groups. Generally, the larger the group the slower the overall pace.

Zapf
17th October 2007, 23:16
Any one have suggestions of where to stay for the duration of the event that is easy on the pocket? There might be 2 north island bikers visiting this time.

DougieNZ
18th October 2007, 01:02
Or Maybe 3!!! :eek:

xgnr
18th October 2007, 20:15
Alright so maybe Zapf and I are truly insane and want to attend this (just to compare to the GC you understand. Our bodies have recovered by now :woohoo:)

Zapf does not like tents.:no:

Any thoughts or suggestions as to where to stay and great routes down in the deep South , we are thinking maybe doing the Bert, a wee tour then the Chatto.

Cheers

Stu

FJRider
19th October 2007, 20:45
Which route to the Chatto Creek 1000 miler depends on time available to tour. Best to do the 1000 miler THEN decide where to tour if energy and inclination allows. Those doing the ride will offer advice about where is best. 1000 miles is a large part of the south island,tour first and you may cover the same bits TWICE. Not a lot of time for photo's though.You could get some nice photos of the gas stations though. Pm me with contact phone number (cell or landline) I live 15 km's from Chatto Creek and could arrange something Biker friendly. I'm doing the 1000 miler myself this year. My 5th.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Generally speaking,you aren't learning much when your lips are moving.

xgnr
19th October 2007, 21:11
Hey thanks very much. PM sent.

Cheers

Stu

Jantar
30th November 2007, 19:55
I've just arrived home from the friday night get-together and route briefing. So far 43 riders have registered and a couple more expected in the morning.

This year's route is up to Wanaka; over the crown range to Queenstown; south to Mossburn, Tuatapere and Bluff. Then north via the Catlins to Balclutha and return to Alexandra for the halway point. Next its via Ranfurly to Dunedin, north to Rangitata, and return to Chatto Creek via Tekapo and the Lindis.

Good riding to the KBers entered.

banditrider
30th November 2007, 20:25
I've just arrived home from the friday night get-together and route briefing. So far 43 riders have registered and a couple more expected in the morning.

This year's route is up to Wanaka; over the crown range to Queenstown; south to Mossburn, Tuatapere and Bluff. Then north via the Catlins to Balclutha and return to Alexandra for the halway point. Next its via Ranfurly to Dunedin, north to Rangitata, and return to Chatto Creek via Tekapo and the Lindis.

Good riding to the KBers entered.

Sounds awesome, real jealous. Hope you all have a good safe ride!

Daffyd
1st December 2007, 17:52
Well, they've been trickling past my house since about 5:30 and I expect will continue to do so for some time yet. Went out to the gate to wave encouragement, but after a couple went past I decided I might be spoiling their concentration so went back inside. I've never ridden for 24 hrs staight so I don't know, but I would expect the mind could be starting to wander a tad. Good luck you guys and safe riding.