PDA

View Full Version : I rode it!!!

Drew
17th August 2007, 16:50
Well, the long and the short of it...

I've tried a couple times to build a stunt bike, but it took the initiative of a mate, to send me and my bike down to the shop, and just have them do it for me. And man am I stoked I did!

My FZR750 is very nearly completed, it's got the risers, the front subframe is gone, as are the clocks, and anything else that would normally be mounted in front of the bars, and she's geared down to all hell.

I went down to the shop yesterday, just as one of the mechanics at TSS was riding it back inside. Apparently not one of them could hoist it,
so I throw a helmet on and have a crack, it's been sitting for a year, so it aint runnin that great, but it pulls up instantly off the pipe. So simple to get it all the way up, then hang there. They also chucked the sparte brake disks on it, so now it's got two, and a set of sintered pads right through.

Stoppies so easy it feels like cheating.

Pictures will come next week, as will the cage and twelve bar.

Peace out, and keep one wheel pointin up at all times:Punk:

Sparky Bills
17th August 2007, 17:39
SWEET!
Id love to have a bike i could do that on.
Stunts on the CBR were fun, but it was still a brand new bike without a scratch on it!

Drew
24th August 2007, 11:06
Here it is, not quite finished yet, I take it in for the cage and twelve bar tomorrow.

Fatjim
24th August 2007, 11:27
Niiiice. Hey those Conti's aren't from "Tony's tyre services" are they?

Got a pick of the chain/sprocket?

Drew
24th August 2007, 19:31
Niiiice. Hey those Conti's aren't from "Tony's tyre services" are they?

Got a pick of the chain/sprocket?

Chain and sprockets dont actually look that different. The standard rear is real small, and the front is a 17 tooth, so goin down to a 15 on the front, meant we only needed to go up three at the rear for the desired effect.

It hoists in third like it used to in first, so I can do real slow stuff easy as now.

Took it for a play around home, had heaps of locals grinnin as I wheelied past.

98tls
24th August 2007, 19:37
:clap:Looks like a whole lotta fun to me.Have fun eh

Drew
24th August 2007, 22:26
Fun it is bro, super easy to ride.

chanceyy
24th August 2007, 22:30
looks good drew so when will the rest of us see it ????

flame
26th August 2007, 18:12
It appears the staunch stunt beast is already world famous in our neighbourhood, shortly after hearing the the engine wind up half the people flock from their houses, armed with alcohol and cheezy grins looking to steel the best veiwing platforms!:rockon: while the other half slam their windows closed locking in there underprivilage young children:whocares: up them window slammers.....they dunno what theyre' missing :yes:

Str8 Jacket
26th August 2007, 18:16
, armed with alcohol and cheezy grins looking to steel the best veiwing platforms!:rockon:

Let me guess.... thats you?!

flame
26th August 2007, 18:31
LOL........yep..I was one of them. And i had the best seat! and the biggest bourbon!

deanohit
26th August 2007, 18:51
Awesome, any chance of some pics of the new beast in action?

Drew
26th August 2007, 19:25
Only got a couple of pics at this point, but officer Mikey is away with a family thing, so cant post em till he gets back.

I'm just workin on getting consistant with low speed, constant speed monos at the mo. It is bloody unbelievable, how high the balance point is! When guys go on about hovering at one speed above 100k's like I used to, you can grin inwardly at how much harder it is at the BP. One of my spectators reckons with the twelve bar fitted, it'll only be a couple milimetres off the deck with what I'm doin now.

The other hurdle I've gotta overcome, is that the FZR can only do one rolling stoppie, then the engine cuts off cos all the gas dissapeers from the fuel pick up, and I have to piss about to get it fired back up again, I'm hoping more gas in the tank will take care of it.

koba
26th August 2007, 20:01
Fun it is bro, super easy to ride.

That is Very, very cool!

So thats a FZR that you "would never part with" but almost sold but are probably glad you didn't?

If that doesn't make sense its becuse i'm bikeless and ive lost my mojo :)

Drew
26th August 2007, 22:22
So thats a FZR that you "would never part with" but almost sold but are probably glad you didn't?

The very same. Very glad it didn't sell, I'd have been guted to part with it. I'm sure this wont be the last guise it takes, I think I'll start collecting the bits for it to make it a mint stock version in later years.

For now it's gettin the full stunt monty.

Drew
30th August 2007, 09:56
I've had a couple sessions on it now, trying to master low speed wheelies that dont get faster, lets just say it's harder than it looks, but I'm progressing.

The front is SOOOOO high when I'm doing, I cannot believe I haven't landed on my arse. I had it quite a way past the balance point in the last session a couple times, and it's amazing what can be saved if ya dont panic.

Got a couple of pics courtesy of Flame, but our camera is shit, and it's hard for her to get me in the frame with the delay on the camera.

R6_kid
30th August 2007, 17:36
looking good dude!

Mole_C
31st August 2007, 05:07
Those are some nice balls ya got there :yes:

Drew
31st August 2007, 06:48
Those are some nice balls ya got there :yes:

The wording is a tad suspect, but cheers anyway.

Kflasher
31st August 2007, 07:21
...SOOOOO high ...

Hey dude, I had a trick I tried on a previous bike:
Hook up the side stand cut out switch off the rear swing arm with a rod hanging down, adjust rod so it touches the road (closed circuit) at desired wheelie height and cuts the ignition. This will almost stop you going over and is easily adjustable as well.
Once you find that elusive balance point and master it you can remove it.
I'll be making this mod to my stunter, but still hopping my 400 can even get up that is.

Drew
31st August 2007, 15:39
Hey dude, I had a trick I tried on a previous bike:
Hook up the side stand cut out switch off the rear swing arm with a rod hanging down, adjust rod so it touches the road (closed circuit) at desired wheelie height and cuts the ignition. This will almost stop you going over and is easily adjustable as well.
Once you find that elusive balance point and master it you can remove it.
I'll be making this mod to my stunter, but still hopping my 400 can even get up that is.

It's a good idea, but in pratice it will only make it harder once it comes off.

I can bring the bike back past the balance point now, it's just a matter of growing the nuts to do it repeatedly to stay at a constant speed. I have a set of flash brake pads in the rear, I just need to hack at them with an angle grinder to seat them on the disk properly. Once that's done, I can begin damping the wheelstand with the brake, rather than using the throttle, this should give me more control.

Drew
9th September 2007, 00:45
A very cool day out today, had a large group of people, several cameras, and the mayhem began.

I was having a bit of trouble finding my groove, but I got back to the level I was at in my last session, different people got on and had a turn, very well done to Flame, both Darkman and Deano hooked the next cog for the first time ever.

Couple pics of the fun. #1 me #2Mikey #3Frenchy on the left, me on the right, Darkman making up the background #4Flame

bull
9th September 2007, 18:02
was wicked to see you doing it in the flesh Drew, and with such ease. And the fulla on the Yellow Gixxer was going off too. My youngest son though it was awesome and from a 5 yr old that means you are a legend.

Frenchy
9th September 2007, 18:49
A very cool day out today, had a large group of people, several cameras, and the mayhem began.

was a wicked day had a blast ridding with you, and to see how many people were keen to jump on and give it a go was unreal to! till next time keep it up

Drew
9th September 2007, 19:39
was wicked to see you doing it in the flesh Drew, and with such ease. And the fulla on the Yellow Gixxer was going off too. My youngest son though it was awesome and from a 5 yr old that means you are a legend.

Cheers man, the GT will do it too if ya wanna learn.

was a wicked day had a blast ridding with you, and to see how many people were keen to jump on and give it a go was unreal to! till next time keep it up

Was cool when the both of us were out, pushed me to go that wee bit harder. Busted out some new stuff today, gettin a feel for it, cant wait till you bring the R1 down. I had a wee play on Caseys today, even with standard gearing, it's sooooo bloody easy to wheelie and stoppie to your hearts content.

Really is cool that everyone wanted to get out there, huge props to Garry, Tazman, or whatever that Povey calls himself on here, you came in leaps and bounds today man.

Jimbo600 took to my bike like a duck to water, very cool bro.

Deano was out of action today unfortunately with a sore foot:doh:

We're currently trying to get proper access to the location, and as soon as we do, it's mass gathering time.

Fatjim
9th September 2007, 19:44
Not with bull on it mate. You skinny fellas always seem to forget how much advantage you guys have over larger calibre lads.

Fatjim
9th September 2007, 19:45
I've had a couple sessions on it now, trying to master low speed wheelies that dont get faster, lets just say it's harder than it looks, but I'm progressing.

The front is SOOOOO high when I'm doing, I cannot believe I haven't landed on my arse. I had it quite a way past the balance point in the last session a couple times, and it's amazing what can be saved if ya dont panic.

Got a couple of pics courtesy of Flame, but our camera is shit, and it's hard for her to get me in the frame with the delay on the camera.

Mikey sent me a PM yesterday, is that what he wanted the camera for?

Drew
9th September 2007, 19:51
Mikey sent me a PM yesterday, is that what he wanted the camera for?

I'm not sure bro, wasn't till lunch time he even knew he was coming.

Speaking of cameras, yours was there today Korea, get some pics up ya bastard.

Drew
9th September 2007, 19:53
Not with bull on it mate. You skinny fellas always seem to forget how much advantage you guys have over larger calibre lads.

I will bet, that even you big boned types, could easily do a stand up wheelie on a GN125. Hoisting in second no less!!!

Korea
9th September 2007, 20:02
I'm not sure bro, wasn't till lunch time he even knew he was coming.

Speaking of cameras, yours was there today Korea, get some pics up ya bastard.

Hey, excellent wheelie practice and pukka location for it. Let's hope it can be at our disposal many a time in future.

Sorry, I had my phone camera with but didn't catch anything. Quality was too shite. Next time, I'll bring the complete arsenal of vid/camera toys.

Cheers for encouraging me to get amongst it too - I'm still a complete pussy but now I'm getting the feel for it.

Cheers for the right-hand advice Gary :shit:

When's the next gathering???

bull
9th September 2007, 20:05
Cheers man, the GT will do it too if ya wanna learn.

Cheers Drew, but as that is my only bike and ill need to sell it to have funds for my next bike come October and full license - i had better not even contemplate that offer.

But once ive got my skills higher and have control over which ever bike i upgrade too id definitely be keen to learn how its done properly.:niceone:

And yeah thanks for that Fatjim, ill pick out the positive words from your comment "Calibre":rolleyes:

Drew
9th September 2007, 20:07
Next weekend all going well for another session. You were doin well out there today Korea, be very proud of yourself

Here's a couple wee gems we just found from yesterdays efforts. Excellent work Darkman!!!

merv
9th September 2007, 20:08

Hey you can usually overcome the delay by holding your finger on the shutter button and pressing it half way that ensures the focussing gets done etc then just at the right moment push it the whole way and bingo photos gets taken straightaway. This is a phenomenom of most digital cameras which do piss around a lot if you just try to point then shoot.

Good pics all the same and the others as well - good to see your stunting coming on.

limbimtimwim
9th September 2007, 20:34
Not with bull on it mate. You skinny fellas always seem to forget how much advantage you guys have over larger calibre lads.Actually, sitting right (right) back on the DRZ with my fat ass makes it really easy. So in a way, we have an advantage.

Thanks Darkman for the suggestions on getting it up. The ladies thank you.

flame
9th September 2007, 20:36
Some more piccies of Drew and Frenchy. Thanks everyone involved for an awesome weekend. Lookin forward to getting out there again. Hope us Welly bunch didn't scare you too much Frenchy! Big thumbs up to ya for coming down:yes:
Hope you got some snow boarding time on the way back:cold:

limbimtimwim
9th September 2007, 20:46
Drew's high-chairs and the 'Special K's were very impressive. As Drew would say they were 'Mint'.

If I tried, I'm sure the result would be more chocolate coloured.

Drew
9th September 2007, 20:52
Drew's high-chairs and the 'Special K's were very impressive. As Drew would say they were 'Mint'.

If I tried, I'm sure the result would be more chocolate coloured.

Thanks man, feels real wierd to start with, the high chairs became more natural, but the special K's are off putting, because to move the bike one way, requires a different body shift to the opposite direction change.

You gotta get more time on the bike, you got a couple mingas started, and practice will have you rollin as far as ya want in no time.

Tony was crankin on his R1 too, off the pipe at that low a speed is no easy feat on something so tall geared, well done that man!:2thumbsup

Drew
9th September 2007, 21:04
Still goin through the shots from yesterday, here's Deano "it's easier on someone elses bike" Borelli.

Darkman
9th September 2007, 21:19
Cheers everyone...had a great time...even learnt how to do changes while wheeling. Great stuff Drew, was awsome watching you as always!

Drew
9th September 2007, 21:26
Cheers everyone...had a great time...even learnt how to do changes while wheeling. Great stuff Drew, was awsome watching you as always!Another one who made serious progress with the wheelies.

I notice you haven't changed your signature yet, get on it!

Here's my idea. "Protwins bikes are ghey, I'm turnin it into a stuntaaaahhh!"

scrivy
10th September 2007, 13:42
Hi guys,

Just talked to Chris Lawrance (co-organiser with me of our Taupo Road Race Spectacular) and we thought that there might be some interest from a few people out there to go and pratice a few stunts on their bikes during lunchtime on the first day of our Road Race Spectacular on the 27th of December. I know there are a few of you that would love the tracktime to show off your stunts to the masses, but as an added advantage, I decided that the top few could do the same during lunch break on our second day (the 28th December), and also have some dollars thrown your way as well!!

If interested, PM me. :Punk:

Regards,
Scrivy

driftn
10th September 2007, 17:31
Got some cool shots there guys cant wait till next weekend man.
Kudos to you darkman those stoppies look choice man. From what i saw on the vid you were getting the wheelies sorted to keep it up and you will be better than me(wont take much):rockon:

Frenchy
10th September 2007, 21:59
When's the next gathering???

sooner rather then later i hope. I've been out in the shed tonight putting the R1 together, that little ride with Drew got my arse into gear!! Cant wait!

Frenchy
10th September 2007, 22:08
Some more piccies of Drew and Frenchy. Thanks everyone involved for an awesome weekend. Lookin forward to getting out there again. Hope us Welly bunch didn't scare you too much Frenchy! Big thumbs up to ya for coming down:yes:
Hope you got some snow boarding time on the way back:cold:

Take more then an early morning wake up call to scare me!! thanks heaps for letting me stay and look forward to my next visit!

Drew
11th September 2007, 06:00
sooner rather then later i hope. I've been out in the shed tonight putting the R1 together, that little ride with Drew got my arse into gear!! Cant wait!

Good stuff, I'm hangin out for more time on the bike aswell. The location we were at has been offered to us by the owner, thanks to Tony, he's the giant mofo with the red R1, for sorting that out.

It's all happening now people, so start buyin or buildin your bikes.

hyobad
11th September 2007, 06:06
Good stuff, I'm hangin out for more time on the bike aswell. The location we were at has been offered to us by the owner, thanks to Tony, he's the giant mofo with the red R1, for sorting that out.

some pretty average looking wheelies

this isn't spectator sport is it?

Drew
11th September 2007, 06:16

Na, it's a personal satisfaction kinda deal. No one likes watchin small singles play silly buggers either.

hyobad
11th September 2007, 06:38
Na, it's a personal satisfaction kinda deal. No one likes watchin small singles play silly buggers either.

Three words

Ho. Mo. Sexual.

koba
11th September 2007, 14:49

They sure as shit looked good to me, photos of course don't do 'em justice.

Remember it is in a carpark with gravel all over one end too.

Jimbo managed an unintentional 20 meter rolling burnout when he started on the shit bit with a cold tyre. that was very cool with just the right bit of smoke.
Also its just a practice/Learning session sorta deal at this stage, Tazman rolled up barely able to show daylight under the front and an hour later was hoisting it up to hero levels.

koba
11th September 2007, 14:52

Must need a big single then! If we have permission to use the place all proper like I'm keen on bringing the mutt down, best of all its not far frome home! :clap:

Darkman
11th September 2007, 19:36
Must need a big single then! If we have permission to use the place all proper like I'm keen on bringing the mutt down, best of all its not far frome home! :clap:

SV is getting work done too..will be there soon!!! Talking to Uni lecturers at the mo to try and build a button operated clutch, but one that is digital to only pull as much as the button is pushed in. Any electronic engineers here , Would really appreciate any input.

jimbo600
11th September 2007, 19:53
Ah missed this thread till now. Drew's stunter is the farkin shizzle. Funner than a bag of funny things. I'm getting me a stunt bike thats for sure.

Frenchy
11th September 2007, 20:18

Wicked!! looks like we need to set a date for the next piss up??

Drew
11th September 2007, 20:24
Wicked!! looks like we need to set a date for the next piss up??
Here's how that works best, you tell me when you're comin down, and I'll organise the piss up.:mobile:

The legend Tony that took over the barbe at my place, wants to use his own next time, and it's loads closer to the stunt ground:cool:

Drew
11th September 2007, 20:25

TOO LOUD much? Much too much.

koba
11th September 2007, 20:31
TOO LOUD much? Much too much.

very good point! may have to muffle it down a bit.
Ok, alot!

flame
11th September 2007, 21:01
Three words

Ho. Mo. Sexual.

Ya gotta expect that statement from someone that rides an Aquila :yawn:

Any hoo.......thanks to Jimbo here's some more Drew shots from Sunday's antic's:woohoo: Kinda stylie dont ya think:msn-wink:

skelstar
11th September 2007, 21:04
Those pics look cool! Love the burnout one, bike looks awesome.

Kendog
11th September 2007, 21:12
That looks like an awesome day, count me in for the next session.

Not on my bike, keen to take photos :yes:

Drew
11th September 2007, 21:12
Cheers for postin those gorgeous, miss you.:love:

Thanks to Jimbo for the wicked photography.

The wheel aint very high in the special K shot, I'll have to work on that.

hyobad
12th September 2007, 00:28
The wheel aint very high in the special K shot, I'll have to work on that.

Whats a special K?

Is it "YOUR" move,

K for Kris Kornell, that rockstar guy?

Drew
12th September 2007, 06:07
Whats a special K?

Is it "YOUR" move,

K for Kris Kornell, that rockstar guy?

That's it alright, move designed by me, or me, first done by me, all to solidify my rockstar status, and try being like Chris as much as posible

Kendog
12th September 2007, 06:14
I mentioned this thread to Mrs Kendog and she is keen to get out there and give it a go :rockon:

flame
12th September 2007, 18:55
I mentioned this thread to Mrs Kendog and she is keen to get out there and give it a go :rockon:

Awesome! :niceone: We will probably take it out again this weekend so keep in touch and we'll see ya's there.

jimbo600
12th September 2007, 19:02
Awesome! :niceone: We will probably take it out again this weekend so keep in touch and we'll see ya's there.

Um I'll be in Taupo this weekend so all bike riding is banned.

flame
12th September 2007, 19:09
Um I'll be in Taupo this weekend so all bike riding is banned.

In that case.....we're taking yours!:lol:

Kwaka14
12th September 2007, 19:15
Only got a couple of pics at this point, but officer Mikey is away with a family thing, so cant post em till he gets back.

I'm just workin on getting consistant with low speed, constant speed monos at the mo. It is bloody unbelievable, how high the balance point is! When guys go on about hovering at one speed above 100k's like I used to, you can grin inwardly at how much harder it is at the BP. One of my spectators reckons with the twelve bar fitted, it'll only be a couple milimetres off the deck with what I'm doin now.

The other hurdle I've gotta overcome, is that the FZR can only do one rolling stoppie, then the engine cuts off cos all the gas dissapeers from the fuel pick up, and I have to piss about to get it fired back up again, I'm hoping more gas in the tank will take care of it.

run a small resevoir somewhere in the line so that there is enough gas clear of the pick up still available to the engine...

Sully60
12th September 2007, 20:05
Is this a party anyone can crash?
I feel I've been a good boy for far too long and need to get back into some of my old behavior patterns.
Let me know. I'm also not to shabby with cameras and this looks like some okay subject material, keen to capture some of the good stuff you got goin on!

jimbo600
12th September 2007, 21:39
In that case.....we're taking yours!:lol:

My bike has way too much guacamole for you girlie.

Hey sounds like this stuntin' lark is going to get a bit of a following.

Jeez as if Drew needs any more encouragement.

skelstar
12th September 2007, 22:51
Give me and M a yell if you're going out V. I know M is dead keen to watch some wheelies.

Sully: I'm sure you could tag along dude.

flame
13th September 2007, 14:59
Is this a party anyone can crash?
I feel I've been a good boy for far too long and need to get back into some of my old behavior patterns.
Let me know. I'm also not to shabby with cameras and this looks like some okay subject material, keen to capture some of the good stuff you got goin on!

Hey Sully60, your more than welcome. Seems to be a lot of interest from KB'rs to come along, so feel free to PM Drew or me for the details.

The owner of the grounds is happy for us to use it, as long as we arm ourselves with safety gear etc. (Ive decided that would be a good idea especially if your on Mikeys pit bike.....eh Deano) So a round up of gold coin donations at each session could supply him with beers for his kindness.

Trudy.....I'll flick you a tx when I know for sure a time for this weekend, be great to see you there:)

Trudes
13th September 2007, 19:23
Trudy.....I'll flick you a tx when I know for sure a time for this weekend, be great to see you there:)

Wicked V. Can't wait!! I'm a big pussy, but I'm keen as to give it a go so I can start having fun at the lights on the Hornet!!! (LOL, I didn't just say that!!)
Let me know if there's anything I can bring (munchies, drinkies, moneys, gas etc).

Tony & Carolyn
13th September 2007, 21:07
Hi boz an girlz, Grant the owner of the parking lot is a cool guy and is more than happy we use his land to practice the art of bike abuse!!!! However about 2 years ago he lost a good mate to a bike accident on the property while demostrating his bike to a buyer on the property, he fliped it with no helmet and killed himself!!!!!

So anyone taking part in these sessions must come armed with the appropriate safety gear or you will not be able to ride...... no exceptions!!!!

Grant like's a beer so gold coin donation will be the norm, and for all those that know the site please respect anyone else using it if you head there when we hav'nt organised through Drew as it would be a shame to ruin a good thing.

Let's go stunting people....... what a sight it was to see Drew and Frency ripping off vert wheelies in prefect timing!!!!

jimbo600
13th September 2007, 21:56
Hi boz an girlz, Grant the owner of the parking lot is a cool guy and is more than happy we use his land to practice the art of bike abuse!!!! However about 2 years ago he lost a good mate to a bike accident on the property while demostrating his bike to a buyer on the property, he fliped it with no helmet and killed himself!!!!!

So anyone taking part in these sessions must come armed with the appropriate safety gear or you will not be able to ride...... no exceptions!!!!

Grant like's a beer so gold coin donation will be the norm, and for all those that know the site please respect anyone else using it if you head there when we hav'nt organised through Drew as it would be a shame to ruin a good thing.

Let's go stunting people....... what a sight it was to see Drew and Frency ripping off vert wheelies in prefect timing!!!!

Good call on the safety gear mate. I fell off and got AIDS once. Wouldn't want that again. Seriously though its a goody and I don't believe for one minute that anyone would let someone carry on without wearing the right gear. Especially when riding the pit bike. In fact the pit bike should be banned altogether.

jimbo600
13th September 2007, 21:58
Wicked V. Can't wait!! I'm a big pussy, but I'm keen as to give it a go so I can start having fun at the lights on the Hornet!!! (LOL, I didn't just say that!!)
Let me know if there's anything I can bring (munchies, drinkies, moneys, gas etc).

Be good to see you there Mrs K. Its not a pissing contest, its a good venue to practise having a go in a safe environment.

cowpoos
13th September 2007, 22:05
Give me and M a yell if you're going out V. I know M is dead keen to watch some wheelies.

Sully: I'm sure you could tag along dude.
maybe you should invite the whole crew... you know... f g h r t y e a w v b n m o p c x z w l k ???????

Darkman
13th September 2007, 23:40
maybe you should invite the whole crew... you know... f g h r t y e a w v b n m o p c x z w l k ???????

So what have i done wrong..why is the D not invited????

cowpoos
14th September 2007, 00:37
So what have i done wrong..why is the D not invited????
hahahahaha....good call mate!!! blinged!!!

skelstar
14th September 2007, 08:04
f g h r t y e a w v b n m o p c x z w l k
Thats a bit presumptuous inviting yourself twice poos :mellow:

cowpoos
14th September 2007, 11:42
Thats a bit presumptuous inviting yourself twice poos :mellow:
no...ones colapop...and drews down as Z if you were wondering... zena warrior princess'
ya ya ya aya aya a ya aya aya aya aya ya!!! [<--you know how he babbles on! lol]

hyobad
14th September 2007, 13:33

Whats appropriate about jeans an wheelies? (as showen by all but flame in the photos)

None of you lot crashed whilst wearing jeans?
------***EDIT*****---\\

though going by the looks of things most of you just turn up an watch an can't/dont even try wheelieing anyway.... my two year old says ghey.

skelstar
14th September 2007, 13:55
Get a[nother] hair cut 'hyobad'

hyobad
14th September 2007, 16:13
Get a[nother] hair cut 'hyobad'

i would if some skin head ype hadn't chucked my sharpest cutting implement out, if I wasn't so scared of him an his bad ass biker mates I'd do something about it, seeing as I am, I let it my hair grow.

Tony & Carolyn
14th September 2007, 21:24
Whats appropriate about jeans an wheelies? (as showen by all but flame in the photos)

------***EDIT*****---\\

though going by the looks of things most of you just turn up an watch an can't/dont even try wheelieing anyway.... my two year old says ghey.

By the appropriate gear I mean no exposed flesh, boots, bike jacket, helmet, gloves....... at the end of the day it's your life but why should the owner of the land get drilled by the police or osh for your stupidity????? comon sense is the rule people

Drew
14th September 2007, 21:28

This is very fair comment, another classic example of the KB double standard. I was out there doin stupid shit in jeans, (after being told I shouldn't by my lovely lady), and yet there have been shit loads of threads on here about people not wearing the right gear, and nobody is up in arms! It is my legs, it is not however my car park. The guy that owns it is in fact liable for anyone on it that gets hurt. So if the unthinkable does happen, it's him up shit creek for saying we can use it.

I'm not saying we write a rule book, but without appropriate safety gear, I dont think people should be doin it, me included.

Rant over.

riffer
14th September 2007, 21:39
Any more abusive posts will be removed and the posters infracted.

Nought wrong with a bit of piss-taking, but we're at the limit now.

This has been an excellent thread so far. Play nice.

chanceyy
14th September 2007, 21:45
I'm not saying we write a rule book, but without appropriate safety gear, I dont think people should be doin it, me included.

Rant over.

Good that you recognise this Drew :D found out why you should always wear gear .. if I wasn't wearing mine I would prob have a few broken bones at the mo :yes:

Drew
14th September 2007, 22:15
Good that you recognise this Drew :D found out why you should always wear gear .. if I wasn't wearing mine I would prob have a few broken bones at the mo :yes:

I was more trying to point out the short comings of the PC brigade in here Chance, of course i realise the need for protection, and have had need to employ it more than most, I just get shity with the double standard. I've always stuck up for the people pictured or talked about, as it is thier choice, my only hang up about this instance, is that being on private property, there are the legal ramifications for another person who is not even out there at the time.

Darkman
16th September 2007, 16:49
some pics of today

Darkman
16th September 2007, 16:52
more..........

Darkman
16th September 2007, 16:54
and some more.............

Darkman
16th September 2007, 16:57
mmmmmmmmmmmm...

Darkman
16th September 2007, 17:01
just warming up.......

Darkman
16th September 2007, 17:03
Done!!!!!!!!!!

flame
16th September 2007, 17:15
Hey Darkman! cheers HEAPS for all the footage, thats from Drew too.

Some awesome shots in there. A great day of antics once again, and Im stoked I can clutch up the stunta even though I got a bit high at one point, and of course pretended that it was an intentional effort to be the first to flip it :innocent:

And GO LISSA! for doing your first stunt! your a legend chickie, tell that Sean to grow some boobies and get out there! :shutup:

Darkman
16th September 2007, 17:48
Hey Darkman! cheers HEAPS for all the footage, thats from Drew too.

Some awesome shots in there. A great day of antics once again, and Im stoked I can clutch up the stunta even though I got a bit high at one point, and of course pretended that it was an intentional effort to be the first to flip it :innocent:

And GO LISSA! for doing your first stunt! your a legend chickie, tell that Sean to grow some boobies and get out there! :shutup:

was talking to Sean (happy now?)earlier and we will take some good video footage the next time, using the hornet as the camera horse. I also have another cam we can mount on Drew's bike so we can start to make a good video, and maybe get a website going.

Trudes
16th September 2007, 18:43
Sounds like an awesome day guys and gals, sorry we couldn't make it this time. :sunny:
And go Mel!! Showing the boy what girls are really made of eh!!:Punk:

White trash
16th September 2007, 18:51
Can I see a "twelve" please?

skelstar
16th September 2007, 18:58
...tell that Sean to grow some boobies...
If I did, I'd never leave my bedroom.

cowpoos
16th September 2007, 19:11
If I did, I'd never leave my bedroom.
why????????????????????

Drew
16th September 2007, 19:49

If I could, I'd show ya. I'll be working on that as soon as I mount a hand operated rear brake, and the twelve bar.

Gimme the keys to your bike and I'll scrape that all over the road for ya;)

Drew
16th September 2007, 19:53
was talking to Sean (happy now?)earlier and we will take some good video footage the next time, using the hornet as the camera horse. I also have another cam we can mount on Drew's bike so we can start to make a good video, and maybe get a website going.

That sounds great bro, cheers heaps for your efforts today, get another memory thingy for the camrea tho, I was just gettin warmed up when you said ya couldn't get any more shots, IT'S ALL ABOUT ME, DELETE THE SHOTS OF EVERY ONE ELSE IF YA HAVE TO!!!

flame
16th September 2007, 20:12

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

riffer
16th September 2007, 20:26
Nice twelve flame. :wacko:

No sparks but.

Lissa
16th September 2007, 20:34

And go Mel!! Showing the boy what girls are really made of eh!!
Thanks!!! Glad I got to sit and ride the bike.. more than what some 'other' people didnt do ;) Anyway the reason for no stunts today is because a)I didnt want to make Drew look bad and b) I didnt have my 'stunt' pants on me today.. :( Oh well next time!!!

But serious... great fun, you guys and gal make it look easy. Thanks for letting me have alittle go. :2thumbsup

skelstar
16th September 2007, 20:44
...and b) I didnt have my 'stunt' pants on me today..
Oh yeah, that reminds me, you left your 'stunt' pants down the back of my couch...:o

Do I have to explain that one too poos?

cowpoos
16th September 2007, 20:48

You havn't explained the first one yet!!! and yes...oh.... and do you reckon you could draw me a picture... :)

Drew
16th September 2007, 21:02
You havn't explained the first one yet!!! and yes...oh.... and do you reckon you could draw me a picture... :)

'Ere ya go buddy

Lissa
16th September 2007, 21:06
Good one Drew Drew it for ya Skel!!

Oh yeah, that reminds me, you left your 'stunt' pants down the back of my couch...:o

Umm now that I am unoffically offically a prequel to the prequel to the sequel in the stunt show... (as told by V) I dont think I can communicate with you anymore.... (until you get on the stunt bike and grow some boobies) :D

Drew
16th September 2007, 21:13

Umm now that I am unoffically offically a prequel to the prequel to the sequel in the stunt show... (as told by V) I dont think I can communicate with you anymore.... (until you get on the stunt bike and grow some boobies) :D

How many people are gonna be raping my bike at a show before I get to go out and earn my fee???

cowpoos
16th September 2007, 21:14
'Ere ya go buddy
thanks mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skelstar
16th September 2007, 21:24
He's always been a bit quick on the draw!... we were sorry to hear Vicki :(

I dont think I can communicate with you anymore.... (until you get on the stunt bike and grow some boobies) :D
Don't like you anymore :angry:

Drew
16th September 2007, 22:32

If you have to tell yourself that bro, I'm secure enough to let you.

(Back me up here babe, my abilities are in question)

cowpoos
16th September 2007, 22:36
If you have to tell yourself that bro, I'm secure enough to let you.

(Back me up here babe, my abilities are in question)
I'll back ya up bro!!!

Drew and quick are two words that should never be in a truthful sentance!!!

there ya go bro!!

skelstar
16th September 2007, 22:44
Ba dum tish! :)

I've given you too much rep in the last 6 months, I need to spread it around some more.

Drew
17th September 2007, 05:55
I'll back ya up bro!!!
there ya go bro!!

Talk it up bro, it's just a matter of time till you're chasing me AND Jimmy.

Sully60
17th September 2007, 06:55
Hey Cool pics Darkman.
I hope I didn't scare you to much out there yesterday, you'll learn to stand your ground soon enough!

It was cool to meet some new faces too.

Drew, I wanna be just like you when I grow up, shit did I say that or just think it?

Big up's though,:yeah: that was one of the coolest days out I've had in a long time.
I need some stunt pants though could I borrow yours next time Lissa? erm"tui"

I see why Rossi goes on about those Michelins though, half a day and they're gone, damn! :msn-wink:

Darkman
17th September 2007, 07:52
H

I see why Rossi goes on about those Michelins though, half a day and they're gone, damn! :msn-wink:

I wonder why though????

Sully60
17th September 2007, 08:48
That looks like the tyre was still inflated, did you leave before I finished it off?

Darkman
17th September 2007, 09:02
still was....saw you doing wheelies on it too. Did not take a pic after it poped, but sure i'll have plenty opportunity in the future the way you ride!!

flame
17th September 2007, 21:50

Skels! pfffttttt......quick draw lol, big guns are heavy ya know:bleh:

cowpoos
17th September 2007, 21:58
Skels! pfffttttt......quick draw lol, big guns are heavy ya know:bleh:
bwahahahaha....you've mistaken skels post I think doll....skel ain't talking bout his ego!!!

carver
17th September 2007, 22:02
Well, the long and the short of it...

I've tried a couple times to build a stunt bike, but it took the initiative of a mate, to send me and my bike down to the shop, and just have them do it for me. And man am I stoked I did!

My FZR750 is very nearly completed, it's got the risers, the front subframe is gone, as are the clocks, and anything else that would normally be mounted in front of the bars, and she's geared down to all hell.

I went down to the shop yesterday, just as one of the mechanics at TSS was riding it back inside. Apparently not one of them could hoist it,
so I throw a helmet on and have a crack, it's been sitting for a year, so it aint runnin that great, but it pulls up instantly off the pipe. So simple to get it all the way up, then hang there. They also chucked the sparte brake disks on it, so now it's got two, and a set of sintered pads right through.

Stoppies so easy it feels like cheating.

Pictures will come next week, as will the cage and twelve bar.

Peace out, and keep one wheel pointin up at all times:Punk:

tell zero index.
he was a pro stunter

cowpoos
17th September 2007, 22:09
tell zero index.
he was a pro stunter
you mean just like your the self proclaimed bestist motorbike tester...and rider in the whole wide world!!

flame
17th September 2007, 22:09
bwahahahaha....you've mistaken skels post I think doll....skel ain't talking bout his ego!!!

nor was me:laugh::lol::shake:

Frenchy
18th September 2007, 11:51

Wicked thats good of Grant after what happened to his mate thats the least we can do to say thanks!! any more thoughts on a date drew?? should we make it after the last round of racing or can you not wait thast long. I might bring a couple of mates down with me next time(yes i have some) daren's not bad on his street fighter R1!!

jimbo600
18th September 2007, 17:02
Wicked thats good of Grant after what happened to his mate thats the least we can do to say thanks!! any more thoughts on a date drew?? should we make it after the last round of racing or can you not wait thast long. I might bring a couple of mates down with me next time(yes i have some) daren's not bad on his street fighter R1!!

Fark I aint pulling stunts in front of you lot. It'd be like rootin' your missus in front of Ron Jeremy

skelstar
18th September 2007, 17:07
Fark I aint pulling stunts in front of you lot. It'd be like rootin' your missus in front of Ron Jeremy
Does it count if he's on the TV?

jimbo600
18th September 2007, 17:20

No dude of course not. Mans gotta be there

cowpoos
18th September 2007, 18:44
is wanking and watching porn considered sex?? [for everyone bar HDTboy that is]

Tony & Carolyn
18th September 2007, 18:50

HaHa now there's a name I haven't herd for year's....... How come all the good rider's are twisted????? All I've got to do now is learn to ride then I can join the club!!!!!!

jimbo600
18th September 2007, 21:39
HaHa now there's a name I haven't herd for year's....... How come all the good rider's are twisted????? All I've got to do now is learn to ride then I can join the club!!!!!!

Nowt wrong with your riding bro' and being as you're a big fucker, you is definitely in the club

Tony & Carolyn
19th September 2007, 18:38
Nowt wrong with your riding bro' and being as you're a big fucker, you is definitely in the club

Cheers dude...... who ever said size doesn't matter...... WAS WRONG!!!!! HaHaHa

Frenchy
19th September 2007, 19:35

Heres a 10.30 and a 12 just for you!!

flame
19th September 2007, 19:50
Heres a 10.30 and a 12 just for you!!

Saweeeeet :2thumbsup

We'll have to sort out a weekend for you to come down. Will work out the weekends of racing, so far I know it's this weekend, then the 13th October. And a weekend that fits for you. And a weekend Im not working of course coz I just can't miss out ya know;)

Rossi Gal
19th September 2007, 19:57
Wicked shots! ;) awesome job!

Frenchy
19th September 2007, 20:04
Saweeeeet :2thumbsup

We'll have to sort out a weekend for you to come down. Will work out the weekends of racing, so far I know it's this weekend, then the 13th October. And a weekend that fits for you. And a weekend Im not working of course coz I just can't miss out ya know;)

I'm sill keen as a bean!! but had a little oops on the R1 tonight so have a little work to do!

Wicked shots! ;) awesome job!

Thanks but not as good as the last ones you took i might need to borrow you again to be my PA :niceone:

Rossi Gal
19th September 2007, 20:13
Thanks but not as good as the last ones you took i might need to borrow you again to be my PA :niceone:

:D well, i wasnt going to say anything..but you're right..you need me! ;) just let me know when you're wanting another photo shoot and I'll bring my camera. But serious, nice work!

flame
19th September 2007, 20:26
I'm sill keen as a bean!! but had a little oops on the R1 tonight so have a little work to do!

oh no.....a little oops as in....'I just need to change me undies?' :Oops:

or as in.....'I wont be trying that again till next week!'

Either way, sorry to hear matie, washing undies is hard work, but fixing broken bikes is just :crybaby:. Hope you walked away all sweet tho.

Frenchy
19th September 2007, 21:32
oh no.....a little oops as in....'I just need to change me undies?' :Oops:

or as in.....'I wont be trying that again till next week!'

Either way, sorry to hear matie, washing undies is hard work, but fixing broken bikes is just :crybaby:. Hope you walked away all sweet tho.

I'm all good just need to do a little work on the bike.