PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Surprise

Yamahamaman
20th July 2003, 17:06
Well, we did not expect a bright sunny day. Everyone must be still out taking advantage of the rainless day. Went for a ride today. AK - Papakura - Clevedon - Miranda - Pokeno - Tuakau - Pukekohe (some cars were using the track) - Auckland Kart Club for a looksee. XCLent.

NOW :beer:

bikerboy
20th July 2003, 19:23
I so wanted to ride today. :argh:

I'm still trying to beat this awful flu. As I've been missing work I didn't feel right about going riding today but I almost did!:D

I sure hope it lasts.:cool:

MikeL
20th July 2003, 20:16
Another brilliant Auckland day. Almost made up for the dismal week.
Did a Ride Right course at Whenuapai today. By lunchtime I was drenched in sweat. Don't know whether it was the hot sun or fear of being made to look a fool. The emergency braking exercise was fun, though!:p

SPman
20th July 2003, 21:11
As long as the Sundays are like today, you can almost put up with the crap weekly weather.

Went on the WIMA linen run then out to Clevedon - Maraitai - Kumeu . All good stuff apart from almost headon-ing a car when I forgot to double check before pulling out to pass and EEK! .....And in front of KiwiDan as well :o:o No emergency braking - but amazing how fast you can pull back into your lane when you have to!

Mitch
20th July 2003, 22:50
Was a fantastic day out there for sure, couldn't get my ass out of bed to do the linen run but had the chance to swap bikes with my mate and had a blat on a Moto Guzzi YEHA I like it, wouldn't go trading in the gixxer but was great for a change!! :D

Slim
21st July 2003, 07:45
It certainly would have been cheaper if I'd gone out for a ride yesterday! :eek:

I was just contemplating getting into my leathers & heading towards Tauranga & the Coromandel when the phone rung. 'Twas Mum wondering if I wanted to go shopping & have a coffee.

4 hours later ....... :gob:

But I've got Wednesday & Thursday off this week, and last nights weather forecast looked promising. :D

fergie
21st July 2003, 09:31
the boss and i went for a blast to hamilton to visit friends, it almost felt like summer for awhile.

the revenue collectors were busy along taniwha county,good to see soo many bikes out there.

roll on summer!

wkid_one
21st July 2003, 13:27
Slim - when you getting the sexy new 600rr?

Slim
21st July 2003, 13:58
Originally posted by wkid_one
Slim - when you getting the sexy new 600rr?
When I win Lotto. :gob:

Or in about 3 years (ie after debts paid off & IoM 2004 attended) sigh

And if I had enough money to upgrade my bike, I'd probably be taking a T595 or 995 out for a test ride first. :D

Mitch
21st July 2003, 14:29
Mmmm 03 T955 with the high pipe Ahhh  I work for the importer and I can't afford one either Slim :(

:D  Nothing wrong with what we're riding at the moment though aye :niceone:

wkid_one
21st July 2003, 15:47
yeah - the new daytona 6 hundy looks good