PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Guys

Jackrat
2nd October 2004, 14:55
I went to take me dogs for a run in the Waiuku forest today,but the gate was locked.
Went up to the Rangers house and the news is that the forest in now shut to all public access.No more walkin' the dog,no more riding a horse,no more just going for a walk,no fucking nothing.
This is because of the continuing damage done by Trail bike riders.
Even tho' they were given areas to ride,it wasn't good enough for them,they still had to cut fences,ride over young pines,scare stock,ride in the general public areas.
In other words,they fucked it for EVERYBODY.

Motu
2nd October 2004, 15:44
I can't really point the finger and say what stupid pricks - cause I'm one of the guys who early in the 70s rode dirt bikes anywhere we bloody well liked,and set in motion the restrictions dirt bikers now have.But there has been over 30yrs of education and wake up calls,with organsised riding,and areas and times set aside for bikes - they got the whole bloody beach down there,what more do they want? Young guys are all the same,3 million years of evolution hasn't gone very far.

mangell6
2nd October 2004, 15:48
I don't know the youth of today!!

Two Smoker
2nd October 2004, 16:11
I don't know the youth of today!!
i reakon, bloody young hooligans......

toads
2nd October 2004, 17:35
darned teenagers , grrr, don't let me get started ...... rant, foam at the mouth etc

SPORK
2nd October 2004, 18:40
darned teenagers , grrr, don't let me get started ...... rant, foam at the mouth etc
Hey! Show some respect eh? :P
I agree, some people wreck it for everybody. It is the same as in school, some asshat does something stupid and the rest of us suffer the consequences.

Jackrat
2nd October 2004, 20:18
Sorry, but most of the guys that ruined it were far from being teens.
Just a little thought but,the people that own Waiuku forest also own Woodhill.
Some people from this site should keep this in mind next time they decide to ride on the bombing range up that way.
The ARC has already been talking about a total vehicle ban on the beach and you can all kid yourselfs that it's because of 4x4s, but we that live by and use the beaches everyday all know the truth,it's bikes that are ruining it for everybody.Where I live you can't get onto the beach without seeing the "Keep off the dunes" signs,but every weekend I see the same F,,wits blasting all over the dunes.Their not kids.

Firefight
2nd October 2004, 20:28
Sorry, but most of the guys that ruined it were far from being teens.
Just a little thought but,the people that own Waiuku forest also own Woodhill.
Some people from this site should keep this in mind next time they decide to ride on the bombing range up that way.
The ARC has already been talking about a total vehicle ban on the beach and you can all kid yourselfs that it's because of 4x4s, but we that live by and use the beaches everyday all know the truth,it's bikes that are ruining it for everybody.Where I live you can't get onto the beach without seeing the "Keep off the dunes" signs,but every weekend I see the same F,,wits blasting all over the dunes.Their not kids.

yes your so right Jack, 1000 acres of bike park, cared for and marked out with great tracks, and still they ride on the dunes, and yes, most could not be described as teenagers, every week we work on upgarding and tidying tracks, hours spent on a bulldozer in the middle of the week, hours spent of pruning, and clearing,, re marking tracks, replacing stolen signs and arrows, and cleaning out the shithouse only to find that half the pricks shoot up the beach and ride the dunes, and sadly we all become tarred with the same brush, to most other beach users a bikes a bike....

F/F :crazy:

Motu
2nd October 2004, 20:58
Teenagers can't afford most of the bikes I see down there,for some a dirt bike is just another toy,sits beside the jetski,kayak,snowboard - thrill seekers who don't give a shit,some have kids that get presents it's taken me a lifetime not to be able to afford.

2_SL0
3rd October 2004, 14:57
One of the reasons I got out of dirt biking, " Its getting harder to find areas to ride" :disapint:

scumdog
3rd October 2004, 18:32
Bloody teenage larrikins of today!!! in my day we had to beat a hoop from a beer keg with a tyre iron to get anywhere and you couldn't do a skid with them!!! and nobody moaned about us - yeah right!!