PDA

View Full Version : 86 GSXR 750:pegs too high.

sedge
2nd October 2004, 16:46
Right, I've got this problem... I've always popped the ball of my foot up on the pegs when I'm going quick, lets me move around the way I want, my riding style is kind of based on this...

I've bought this new bike to use as a fun\track bike, problem is I can't get my legs up far enough to do this properly on the new bike, once I get them up there I'm pretty much not on the seat anymore, just kind of jockey floating. This means I can't turn or change gear properly coz I can't flick my weight around without upsetting the bike.

Any hints as to how I can do this better ?, I'm fine if I don't put my feet up but then I don't have the confidence to ride quick, it's odd.

I'm thinking I could raise the seat for a little extra leg room (I am pretty tall), I didn't have this problem on my old ZXR750 and they were supposed to be pretty bad for leg room too.

Maybe I just need to ride it more often ? Anyone ?

F5 Dave
4th October 2004, 11:42
Are the footpeg hangers std? you could make up some plates to lower the hangers/ shift back for more room?, but have to gauge how easy they scrape if you do.

FROSTY
4th October 2004, 11:51
There was a yank crowd doing peg conversion kits for GSXr7/11's
They were basicly a lowered footpeg -Ill see if I can find some details.

sedge
4th October 2004, 12:08
(XJ\Frosty) awesome, cheers... not too sure about scraping them though, I do tend to lean a bit ;) and this bike will see the track eventually... I'll try fitting some jack down plates for the pegs and see what happens.

I guess worst case will be that I just don't get on with the bike and buy another one for racing :)... Wont sell the GSXR though, just move the pegs way back and make it into a drag racer or something... now all I need is a longer swingarm and an 1100+ engine... heh heh... the Mrs would LOVE that...

Sedge.

scroter
4th October 2004, 13:59
i dont really know bugger all about them but being too high sounds strange. lowering them will cause ground clearance problems especially on the track i would have thought. have you touched down anywhere yet and if so the pegs or something else. if your touching somewhere else i think lowering would be fine. maybe try stretching before you ride. hope it works out ok for ya

F5 Dave
4th October 2004, 14:04
&/o getting the back of the knee of the leathers cut out & replaced with lycra or stretch kevlar if they are not already done so. Made a heck of a diff to the girl's leathers & comfort whilst perched on pilion.

kerryg
4th October 2004, 14:14
Right, I've got this problem... I've always popped the ball of my foot up on the pegs when I'm going quick, lets me move around the way I want, my riding style is kind of based on this...

I've bought this new bike to use as a fun\track bike, problem is I can't get my legs up far enough to do this properly on the new bike, once I get them up there I'm pretty much not on the seat anymore, just kind of jockey floating. This means I can't turn or change gear properly coz I can't flick my weight around without upsetting the bike.

Any hints as to how I can do this better ?, I'm fine if I don't put my feet up but then I don't have the confidence to ride quick, it's odd.

I'm thinking I could raise the seat for a little extra leg room (I am pretty tall), I didn't have this problem on my old ZXR750 and they were supposed to be pretty bad for leg room too.

Maybe I just need to ride it more often ? Anyone ?

Yoga lessons? :killingme

sedge
4th October 2004, 15:31
Thanks Kerry :/...

Leathers already have stretchy bits, the problem is long legs, with my feet on the pegs normally my ankles are already up my arse... Yoga... heh heh... now relax and gently inhale the entire boot... no no... from the other end...

Actually, I think I'll just have to learn to ride floating slightly above the seat... So if you see someone ride past floating above the seat on a red and black GSXR... they don't have piles, they're just trying to ride quickly.

White trash
4th October 2004, 15:34
Sedge, the pegs are fairly low on these bikes, it's just that the seat is also low in relation.

Take the seats off, send 'em to Cajun, and have an inch of foam added.

Makes a huge difference.

You'll also get better feel from the front wheel with the new riding position.

sedge
4th October 2004, 15:48
Actually I might try that... I'll get another seat from the wreckers and get it raised a bit... I think I might need two inches though (clown feet)

If I can get that sorted this would be a cool bike, it feels like it's going to fall apart and coughs it's way to redline but seems to be OK deep down.

Sending a PM now.

Cheers,

Sedge.

kerryg
6th October 2004, 13:32
Thanks Kerry :/...

Leathers already have stretchy bits, the problem is long legs, with my feet on the pegs normally my ankles are already up my arse... Yoga... heh heh... now relax and gently inhale the entire boot... no no... from the other end...

Actually, I think I'll just have to learn to ride floating slightly above the seat... So if you see someone ride past floating above the seat on a red and black GSXR... they don't have piles, they're just trying to ride quickly.

Try Karma Sutra position number 6: "Dog Mounting Soccer Ball"...... :niceone: