PDA

View Full Version : What about that server crash then? (21-23 August)

Hitcher
23rd August 2007, 18:22
Who needs therapy?

Korumba
23rd August 2007, 18:26
How many new Kiwi Bikers will be born in 9 months?

James Deuce
23rd August 2007, 18:27
That was a nice relaxing couple of days with the added bonus of seemingly incredible levels of productivity at work.

Jantar
23rd August 2007, 18:30
In the time that I couldn't get onto I KB, I decided to stand for the local body elections, get a nomination form filled in and signed, prepared a candidate profile etc. Now that KB is back up and running, I'm not sure that I'll find time to campaign. :sweatdrop

NighthawkNZ
23rd August 2007, 18:31
server crash... better than a bike crash...

Hitcher
23rd August 2007, 18:32
In the time that I couldn't get onto I KB, I decided to stand for the local body elections, get a nomination form filled in and signed, prepared a candidate profile etc. Now that KB is back up and running, I'm not sure that I'll find time to campaign.

Local government needs people with more than half a brain. Change your name by deedpoll to Aaron Aardvark and lodge your application.

NordieBoy
23rd August 2007, 18:37
Just when I needed KB to research a helmet it isn't there for me :(

Googles cache had some KB threads so I could catch up on some I hadn't seen :D

Hitcher
23rd August 2007, 18:41
Googles cache had some KB threads so I could catch up on some I hadn't seen

Now that's just sad.

Imagine if it had been restored and there was nothing here apart from a heap of lost and lonely cyberbikers wandering around and everybody had to start again from scratch...

Nasty
23rd August 2007, 19:05
i was seriously bored .. I resigned two and a half weeks ago ... and have little to do really ... apart from remanants of my job that my team haven't taken over .. that's right they have already taken them over! kiwibiker gives them sanity!

madmal64
23rd August 2007, 19:11
I was another that got a lot more work done.
Did feel a little strange but I spent more time on the Aprilia Forums!

deanohit
23rd August 2007, 19:14
I'm already in therapy for it. Was ok for the first 12 hours, and then started getting withdrawl problems and wondering what the hell was I gonna do.

How many new Kiwi Bikers will be born in 9 months?

Too bloody true:niceone:

Colapop
23rd August 2007, 19:20
I was completely fine... my email count on the other hand has gone through the roof!

Deviant Esq
23rd August 2007, 19:41
I got some work done for a change... though it didn't stop me checking to see if KB was back up again every hour or so... :whistle:

pete376403
23rd August 2007, 19:42
I read a whole lot of the "church, state & money" threads in the "jo momma" section of advrider.com. Americans have some issues, thats for sure. But I was sure (desperately sure) that Spank would come through in the end.

Stickchick
23rd August 2007, 19:44
I was completely bored...My job is based on seasons and right now its the off season so Kb has been my saviour at work. I had nothing to do except stare out the window and wish I was riding instead of sitting at my desk

Mom
23rd August 2007, 20:22
I was completely bored...

Have to say life without KB was much the same for me. BUT, not having KB really got me to thinking about how I would get in touch with some people on here that I chat to. There are many on here I communicate with online via KB that I have no way of contacting otherwise, most are probably really glad about that..........LOL

Waylander
23rd August 2007, 20:24
I managed to polish bits of my bike and even went to bed early enough to get enough sleep to not be groggy and half asleep all day at work.

McJim
23rd August 2007, 20:33
I rediscovered text

Steam
23rd August 2007, 20:38
I started my own tiny kiwibiker on trademe forums, and it got 44 replies.
I spent lots of time on Horizons Unlimited (the touring forum)
I felt lost and alone.
ACC covers that though, as it causes bleeding from the eyes.

oldrider
23rd August 2007, 21:07
Never knew how much I missed yah!

Cleaned my bike.

Walked 14 Km. (2X7km actually)

Wondered how MacktheKnife's operation was going.

Watched the news.

Tried logging on and Wallah!!!

Many happy returns KiwiBikers! :clap: :rockon: Cheers John.

xgnr
23rd August 2007, 21:12
I changed my fork oil... a traumatic experience

EJK
23rd August 2007, 21:14
At first I thought it was my computer internet connection lol
I was like "Ah damn! Does this mean I can't go to KB anymore?! F*@#!"
lol

Virago
23rd August 2007, 21:15
I changed my fork oil... a traumatic experience

Funny that - now I'm back on KB, I'm doing "fork oil" too...:whistle:

fireliv
23rd August 2007, 21:20
I wasnt to worried......been to busy to suffer to need to many anti withdrawal tablets. Personally I think Spankme just wanted to go out on his bike without us :crybaby:

Her_C4
23rd August 2007, 21:21
Well now, the server crash has a looooot to answer for. :girlfight:

I got sooo bored I went out and (finally!) bought meself a new toy!!:2thumbsup Yeehaa and isn't he just a bewdeeful thing...:drool::drool:

xgnr
23rd August 2007, 21:22
Funny that - now I'm back on KB, I'm doing "fork oil" too...:whistle:

hur hur very good... at the risk of getting off the topic check the state of this fork oil.... FORK ME!!

Paul in NZ
23rd August 2007, 21:22
I nearly became a productive member of the business community!

scumdog
23rd August 2007, 21:24
I had a premonition

So CB and I threw some food, wine and fishing rods into the boot of the T-bird and took off to Te Anau for some R&R.

Great scenery, the weather was A1 but the fish didn't co-operate.

Did about 418 miles of cruising @ 13.80mpg!!:crazy:

Went to Lake Monowai one day and came back today via Mossburn, Kingston, Q'town, Cromwell and Alexandra

And the old beast never missed a beat.

(Saw bugger-all bikes, about two from memory, shame, the weather couldn't have been better)

Hitcher
23rd August 2007, 21:25
Well now, the server crash has a looooot to answer for.

I got sooo bored I went out and (finally!) bought meself a new toy!! Yeehaa and isn't he just a bewdeeful thing...

There are things called photos, you know...

Her_C4
23rd August 2007, 21:28
There are things called photos, you know...

He he he - really? :clap: Hmmmm.... all will be revealed in good time :yes: and will be worth waiting for :gob::scooter::drool:

Virago
23rd August 2007, 21:35
I had a premonition

So CB and I threw some food, wine and fishing rods into the boot of the T-bird and took off to Te Anau for some R&R...

Oooh, you lucky, lucky man you...

Haven't been down that way for about 6 years - must make time...