PDA

View Full Version : Ride this weekend! (25-26 August)

klyong82
23rd August 2007, 19:02
Thought I will post this on behalf of Bomma so that everyone interested for this weekends ride can ask questions etc.

"FROM BOMMA'S EMAIL - don't sue me for plagiarism"

When: 10 am Saturday 25 August (Shift to Sunday if weather is crap on Sat)Where: Meet by the gym on Symonds St.Departure: We will be leaving from the gym at 10.30 sharp so come early to makesure you dont get left behind.Where to: We are heading up north, probably up as far as Waipu (about 200kms).Is that it: When we get there, we will have a chat and see if anyone wants to head up further. If yes then we keep going, if not then we make tracks heading back!!Who For: People of all skill levels are welcome. This ride is mainly targeted at learner riders but if we get enough people, we will split into two groups, alead pack and a joy ride pack, just to accomodate for the differences in skilland experience. A good chance to get out on the road to pick up some tips and get experience on open roads (and we dont mean open roads as in auckland city late at night when there's no traffic).

It is probably going to be cold :cold: so wear warm cloths. haha

Folcan
23rd August 2007, 20:46
If I wasnt heading to hamiltron I would be keen :P

EJK
23rd August 2007, 21:00
Is this for AUT and UoA students? lol
How about Unitec like myself? :lol:

Jahdafario
23rd August 2007, 21:42
Mate, this ride is for anyone and everyone, even I'll be there, :)

Dan

klyong82
23rd August 2007, 21:53
All welcome whether or not you are uni student or working...Dan will be there with his brand new spanking blue VTR 1000? whoops VTR250

Squiggles
23rd August 2007, 22:05
weather is looking mint for the whole weekend (looks like it gets a bit sad on monday though)

come on learners, lets get you all out there, my group will be riding at your pace :)

Jahdafario
23rd August 2007, 22:10
haha, only time until i'll be rockin up on a 1000, only time...

monday poor weather?, thats bad, ive got restricted test at 3pm on monday, bugger

Cr1MiNaL
23rd August 2007, 22:16
Heya is this ride just for learners... ? Will there be any 600'ds thous?

Chrislost
23rd August 2007, 22:30
man! why all the rides on saterdays!
some of us have work :crybaby:

klyong82
23rd August 2007, 22:30
weather is looking mint for the whole weekend (looks like it gets a bit sad on monday though)

come on learners, lets get you all out there, my group will be riding at your pace :)

sweet so should we make it a two day trip?

klyong82
23rd August 2007, 22:32

everyones welcome. there will be some 600 and a couple of 1000's but majority 250's.

bomma
23rd August 2007, 22:35

hey raj,

ill be there with the zx7r and kim with his 929, dnt know who else is rocking up but if there are other bigger bikes coming along then yea we will be splittin up and leaving the learners behind just like the ride organised by mav a lil wile back.

EJK
23rd August 2007, 22:36
I'm in baby! I'm IN lol Noobs FTW :D

This ride needs more newbies, I don't want to be the only "Snail" in the group ;)

bomma
23rd August 2007, 22:36
"FROM BOMMA'S EMAIL - don't sue me for plagiarism"

hehe will see you in court :bleh:

EJK
23rd August 2007, 22:43
hehe will see you in court :bleh:

Can I get a permission to advertise this ride on "250cc Club" Category in this forum? lol

bomma
23rd August 2007, 22:46
Can I get a permission to advertise this ride on "250cc Club" Category in this forum? lol

only if i get royalties :P hehe buy me a :apint: and we'll call it even :lol:

EJK
23rd August 2007, 22:48
only if i get royalties :P hehe buy me a :apint: and we'll call it even :lol:

Agree~~~d lol :bleh:

Edit: Done :D

carbacca
23rd August 2007, 22:57
UoA Grad here ;) might come along

klyong82
23rd August 2007, 23:05
the more the merrier.

klyong82
23rd August 2007, 23:16
man! why all the rides on saterdays!
some of us have work :crybaby:

oh but u will be racing on Sunday! Some of us have to go to church :crybaby:

EJK
23rd August 2007, 23:17
+1 here <_< lol

skidMark
23rd August 2007, 23:48
which one of ya was it on the gsx250 on the motorway that i stopped to chat to in newmarket...corona jacket....forgot his kb name...told me about the ride...

Mole_C
24th August 2007, 01:15
If chris can help me fix the bike and get a new helmet sat morning ill try join ya somewhere :Pokey: Going the same way as we did on the last ride i came on?

Squiggles
24th August 2007, 06:08
I'll say it now so its clear to everyone:

Come along and dick around, endangering any of the new guys, and i will not hesitate to tell you to fuck off.

Squiggles
24th August 2007, 06:10
which one of ya was it on the gsx250 on the motorway that i stopped to chat to in newmarket...corona jacket....forgot his kb name...told me about the ride...

that'd be ehab

Squiggles
24th August 2007, 08:59
now on the calendar:
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&ea=attend&e=1357

Mole_C
24th August 2007, 10:39
I'll say it now so its clear to everyone:

Come along and dick around, endangering any of the new guys, and i will not hesitate to tell you to fuck off.

Is that aimed at me and my tiny wheelies or just coincidently after my post? :crazy:

klyong82
24th August 2007, 11:03
Is that aimed at me and my tiny wheelies or just coincidently after my post? :crazy:

Nah it is aimed for everyone especially me.

Squiggles
24th August 2007, 15:51

coincidence :)

trump-lady
24th August 2007, 16:18
I might be there.......... dependant on tonights escapades :)

EJK
24th August 2007, 16:19
Aah! I'm going to Mt. Eden Motorcycle at 9am to buy myself a pair of discounted boots! So please wait for me! lol
Don't leave without meeee~ :D

P.S. The forecast seems fine :)

babyblade250rr
24th August 2007, 16:31
ooohhh sounds like fun, maybe i should come too hmm should i shouldn't i, should i shouldn't i :wacko:

Cr1MiNaL
24th August 2007, 18:33
hmm.. don't mind a wee run, as long as its not too fast ...Im up in Albany so no point comin back down to the city to meet u lads.. just flick me a pm as to the time ud like to meet me... I cud either meet u on the motorway offramp going north or.. meet u at the gassy at albany...

When u say north u mean Wellsford? I know some trick roads heading north.

edit: was gonna bring a pillion but now shes backed out, and my pegs n seat are on... so if anyone wants a ride... must have ur own gear and yea ill pic up (ps: no guys on my bike plz !)

klyong82
24th August 2007, 20:12
Aah! I'm going to Mt. Eden Motorcycle at 9am to buy myself a pair of discounted boots! So please wait for me! lol
Don't leave without meeee~ :D

P.S. The forecast seems fine :)

Bomma and I will probably stop at Mt Eden Motorcycles after the ride to try to bid for that $1 Kawasaki auction at 4pm. Hey perhaps all of us can go to the auction and manipulate the price somehow :banana:

klyong82
24th August 2007, 20:16
ooohhh sounds like fun, maybe i should come too hmm should i shouldn't i, should i shouldn't i :wacko:

Join us babyblade if you are not working. This route is personally one that I like. A lot of scenie views along the way. You can show me your new exhaust can too.
:drool:

EJK
24th August 2007, 20:32

You know you want to ;)

babyblade250rr
24th August 2007, 20:55
ahh what the hell, ill be there team good chance to catch up with a few of my fellow kb'ers and the ride sounds good so count me in!!

Squiggles
25th August 2007, 01:08
I might be there.......... dependant on tonights escapades :)

woohoo, just returned from mine, see you all in the morning :Punk:

babyblade250rr
25th August 2007, 07:50
well all heres what metservice has to say about the weather,

Saturday

Max: 15°C Min: 8°C
(Day) (Overnight)
Cloudy periods, early western shower. Light winds.

so looks pretty reasonable to me should be a good day

babyblade250rr
25th August 2007, 07:51
And metvuw's two cents worth looks pretty clear the whole day too!!:cool:

trump-lady
25th August 2007, 14:58
Im a dork...........I rode got lost...was late..........u all left with out me. So I rode to "I dunno" I was picking a car every five minutes and following it for 5 mins. Ended up somewhere, dunno where but managed to find home.....but was gone for 3 hours, kinda fun getting lost and refound.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR was perfect day for riding..........Im so angry I missed the ride Im getting very very drunk tonight!

hope theres another one soon. I have to ride to whangerei next weekend Saterday if anyone wants to tag along. Or perhaps u guyz could orginize a ride up there next Sat? :) :) :)

carbacca
25th August 2007, 15:18
got back just now. i split off back to auckland from wellsford, hope you guys had fun towards waipu.

babyblade250rr
25th August 2007, 17:53
well thanks to all for the fannnnntassstic ride today was great and i learnt alot about what my cibby likes and doesnt like, seems to like most things tho haha,

now there's a few guys i met today but i'm very bad with names so you'll have to forgive me.

can the following people private message me so i can add you to my buddies list.

firstly the captain of the slow team on the TL1000 that sounds like a earthquake heading towards you.

My man with the rgv 250 posing the east coast for the photo shoot or was it west??

the guy on the white gn,

and finally the guy i rode with, to drop him back to his place of residence.

Oh yeah and that funny guy on the cbr 900 that had a screw in his rear tyre haha just kidding kim

babyblade250rr
25th August 2007, 17:55
Oh yeah i must not forget the young gal on the zzr250 purple i think it was, nice riding and great tailing you down the highway!!

babyblade250rr
25th August 2007, 17:58
and kyle i remember your name with the white fzr, not sure what your screen name is can you private message me too

cherz bruda

twinkle
25th August 2007, 18:18
good ride guys :wari:

Squiggles
25th August 2007, 18:30
firstly the captain of the slow team on the TL1000 that sounds like a earthquake heading towards you.

ya didnt even hear me engine braking from 8000rpm :gob:

carbacca
25th August 2007, 18:31
those asians with those cameras please post some pics up ;)

HungusMaximist
25th August 2007, 18:44
Mean ride guys, all in all it was a sweet ride!

I have to admit ,Squiggles V Twin engine sounds farking fantastic.

Looking forward to the photos!

Cr1MiNaL
25th August 2007, 18:54
Yea nice little pootle, whered u guys go to after the caltex in Wellsford, the 3 of us had a nice hoon chasing down a gixxer thou and a Ducati 999, I sure showed them 600 power :buggerd: ;) Nice mature riding all round. Good on u all for riding your own rides, though we did stop every 5 kms to regroup :mad: ... one more ride on my nackered rear tire and its burnout time :devil2: Cheers to the organizers and :kick: to Steven for not waiting up for me when I was refueling zzzzzz...

HungusMaximist
25th August 2007, 19:11
Yea nice little pootle, whered u guys go to after the caltex in Wellsford, the 3 of us had a nice hoon chasing down a gixxer thou and a Ducati 999, I sure showed them 600 power :buggerd: ;)

Hope you had fun chasing down some pansies.

On the other note, your wheelies down at Mangawhai Heads were a bit of a pansy. :laugh:

I expected a full blown 70 degrees from you :eek:, but instead you gave us those half arsed 5 cm ones.

klyong82
25th August 2007, 19:34
Pictures are up...have a look. Great ride guys. Thanks for organising the ride Stephen...:headbang:

klyong82
25th August 2007, 19:38
Im a dork...........I rode got lost...was late..........u all left with out me. So I rode to "I dunno" I was picking a car every five minutes and following it for 5 mins. Ended up somewhere, dunno where but managed to find home.....but was gone for 3 hours, kinda fun getting lost and refound.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR was perfect day for riding..........Im so angry I missed the ride Im getting very very drunk tonight!

hope theres another one soon. I have to ride to whangerei next weekend Saterday if anyone wants to tag along. Or perhaps u guyz could orginize a ride up there next Sat? :) :) :)

Hi sorry you missed it. We departed at about 10 minutes to 11am from Uni. Don't worry there will be more rides coming up soon. I am gonna get drunk too....tonight

klyong82
25th August 2007, 19:44
Oh yeah and that funny guy on the cbr 900 that had a screw in his rear tyre haha just kidding kim

Haha i am sure that tyre will still give me at least 1000km;s before it needs to be replaced. haha. I am glad I made it home without having to call for a trailer. Will take it to cycletreads tomorrow to get it fixed.

Cr1MiNaL
25th August 2007, 19:53
Hope you had fun chasing down some pansies.

Cough* * I didn't see you in my rear view mirrors.. lol :2guns:

On the other note, your wheelies down at Mangawhai Heads were a bit of a pansy. :laugh: I expected a full blown 70 degrees from you :eek:, but instead you gave us those half arsed 5 cm ones.

Lol yea dude, wheelies don't work so well on a nackered rear... and that my friends is how U get busted seals...

erix
25th August 2007, 20:30
Oh, I am so disapointed that I have missed the trip, Have to see a friend off in airport at 10am, could't make it. hope you guys had a wonderful trip and hope there will be another soon.....

went to mt eden instead, the 6R sold at 13K and a Aprilia RS250 sold for 6K (saw some on trade me asking for 7-8k....)

so...how many people went today? and how far did u guys ride (in how much time)?

klyong82
25th August 2007, 20:40
[QUOTE=YamahaR64Life;1180706

Lol yea dude, wheelies don't work so well on a nackered rear... and that my friends is how U get busted seals...[/QUOTE]

Hi Raj,

What is your email? I got a 2.4MB quicktime video of you doing the wheelie.

bomma
25th August 2007, 21:51
hey guys
AWESOME ride today!!! loved takin those sweepers...just sittin back and givin a bit of throttle really makes you appreciate the civil engineers who's great idea it was to make a mountain a gigantic passing lane :2thumbsup:

ill be putting up some pics later on too so keep an eye out.

thanks raj for waiting for us at wellsford, i didnt think we'd be seeing you again

and to the fulla going up north coming weekend ill try and organise another ride mate so you can have a convoy droppin you off :)

bomma
25th August 2007, 21:56
, though we did stop every 5 kms to regroup :mad: ...

thats coz everytime there was a turnoff id point for the second guy to stop and be a waypoint but nobody did so i had to stop and everytime i stopped everyone behind me went round the corner and pulled over :chase:

Cr1MiNaL
25th August 2007, 22:01
thats coz everytime there was a turnoff id point for the second guy to stop and be a waypoint but nobody did so i had to stop and everytime i stopped everyone behind me went round the corner and pulled over :chase:

Woot lol O.o Ol biker mentality aye... we like to hoard in groups... perhaps we feel safer in numbers... I know I do ! :scooter:

bomma
25th August 2007, 22:07
Woot lol O.o Ol biker mentality aye... we like to hoard in groups... perhaps we feel safer in numbers... I know I do ! :scooter:

haha bro ill tell you a story, on the way upto westgate from uni a right cunt in a van was tailgating one of the smaller bikes. me n stephen were at the back so steve pulls up tellin the guy to back off...so he swerves into the lane in front of me nearly hittin me and then tailgatin another small bike,

so i change lanes and am tryna get in front of the van to cut him off and get him off the bikes ass and the cunt wudnt let me merge and he was seriously about a metre behind the bike so i sped up cut in front and slowed right down and steve gets beside him on the other lane so he cant change lanes and get past....we got him down to 80kph and off everyones ass

what a cunt...was hopin he'd turn into westgate petrol station so we could exchange some....words :bash:

klyong82
25th August 2007, 22:14
haha bro ill tell you a story, on the way upto westgate from uni a right cunt in a van was tailgating one of the smaller bikes. me n stephen were at the back so steve pulls up tellin the guy to back off...so he swerves into the lane in front of me nearly hittin me and then tailgatin another small bike,

so i change lanes and am tryna get in front of the van to cut him off and get him off the bikes ass and the cunt wudnt let me merge and he was seriously about a metre behind the bike so i sped up cut in front and slowed right down and steve gets beside him on the other lane so he cant change lanes and get past....we got him down to 80kph and off everyones ass

what a cunt...was hopin he'd turn into westgate petrol station so we could exchange some....words :bash:

Darn u had some action behind there.......should teach that sob a lesson.....

Cr1MiNaL
25th August 2007, 22:15
Yea was that on the motorway aye... I saw that cunt... was like wtf is he tryin to do... I usually tap my rear brakes n it does the job or just weave in my lane (they get scared apparently). Some cage drivers have the mental capasity of sheep.

bomma
25th August 2007, 22:20
i just dont see the point in cars sittin on a small bikes ass....its not gonna go any faster unless you get on its tail and start pushing....

some people just deserve a good smash to jolt some sense into em

im just glad dat pretty much every cage on the ride moved over and gave us way

it helped that raj was in second gear making sure that all they could hear was his r6 roaring :D

EJK
25th August 2007, 23:00
...and finally the guy i rode with, to drop him back to his place of residence...

PM sent :Punk:

Nice ride mate lol
My Scorpio had tought time catching you up lol

motorbyclist
26th August 2007, 00:21
Hi sorry you missed it. We departed at about 10 minutes to 11am from Uni. Don't worry there will be more rides coming up soon. I am gonna get drunk too....tonight

oh gutted! i woke up at 10:30 and thought you guys had left!

who's riding tomorrow?

Squiggles
26th August 2007, 03:18
i think im heading to pauanui 2mo afternoon/evenin :cool:

motorbyclist
26th August 2007, 12:17
nah i've got a mate's to be at at 5

motorbyclist
26th August 2007, 13:35
wait, you mean monday?

that could work.... anyone else?

motorbyclist
26th August 2007, 13:36
no, weather due to turn to shit...

ehab2weelr
26th August 2007, 17:23
mean ride but sence now kyle has a fzr250 i was efficily the slowest bike in the fast grup. as i was reminded by bomma( thanks a** hole :Pokey:) hahahah. mean ride. loved it wen evry one ditched me n left me in the dust very careing of you guys :(. but it only meant that i can take the corners harder without woring bout the rider infron falling and f**kin it up 4 me as has hapened on my first binn. :lol:
slow riders you did gud :banana:

ehab2weelr
26th August 2007, 17:34
Cheers to the organizers and :kick: to Steven for not waiting up for me when I was refueling zzzzzz...

na man we waited 4 u at the next bp, i leaft my bike on the road so u can find us:clap: , but u still so how end up 20min ahead of us. tel me how did we leav u behined if we cought up to u? :confused: :laugh:

Cr1MiNaL
26th August 2007, 18:24
redundant post

Cr1MiNaL
26th August 2007, 18:41
na man we waited 4 u at the next bp, i leaft my bike on the road so u can find us:clap: , but u still so how end up 20min ahead of us. tel me how did we leav u behined if we cought up to u? :confused: :laugh:

Actually I was there about 45 mins prior to the fast groups arrival...( I was surprised I didn't c u guys en route, I was beginning to feel a little
"nub") was shooting the shit with a few other bikers I found *nice how u can rock upto any biker and talk to them as if they were ur long lost buddies... that was after I stopped again to take a piss at the caltex on the way, went to a mates place n dragged him outa bed and got him used to his new R6. And I was nanning it as it was wet:sunny: I was like weren't there a few 250's and 4hundies ... damn I must be slow as...:shit::bye: All good though.. still waiting on that guy who took some sexy shots of my bike to post up or identify himself like Kim kindly did...

Folcan
26th August 2007, 20:33
Sorry to hear about the mishaps on the ride. Sounds like I missed out on a good ride though. I would have liked to have gone on it, but I didnt feel like riding up from ham haha as im visiting my parents in ham for the weekend.

Hopefully I can make it to the next one. im keen to get my new VFR out on a ride.

bomma
26th August 2007, 21:49
Hopefully I can make it to the next one. im keen to get my new VFR out on a ride.

sounds like a lot of fullas round uni haf jumped onto new bikes!! :rockon:

ehab2weelr
27th August 2007, 10:37
sounds like a lot of fullas round uni haf jumped onto new bikes!! :rockon:

yea every one but me :angry: hahah
lets hope my time comes soon :innocent:

2wheeljunkie
27th August 2007, 14:17
all i can say is that i loved the ride on sat..wat a joy to ride the fzr 250 ehh..except that it had starting problems which i just sent to cyclespot for them to deal with..YASS! cant wait for the next ride..and yeaa funny thing, the dealer told me its a five speed bike but i managed to find a 6th gear..hahaha:Punk: