PDA

View Full Version : Buckets & Motards 26 August Brooklyn

F5 Dave
24th August 2007, 11:07
Yup on again, please get there well before 12.

Lets get a few more Motards this time.

Past the Brooklyn wind turbine, through the gate (no it only looks locked) & down the windy road, first gravel turn off to the right, look for the tiny SLIPWAY sign.

Spectators welcome, free of course. Bring your leathers & ask should get a ride for novices.

Skunk
25th August 2007, 21:32
I'm in. And as we got Slingshot's 'Frankenstein' running so we'll have a noob as well.

Sunday
Long fine spells. Northerlies dying out in afternoon.
13°C

madmal64
25th August 2007, 21:59
Johns a noob? He rides his R6 pretty well!

ajturbo
25th August 2007, 22:45
Johns a noob? He rides his R6 pretty well!

na .. i heard he sucks...

Frankenstein V christine....

which will last the longest?....:bleh:

madmal64
25th August 2007, 22:48

Hmmm might be worth a trip out to Brooklyn to find out!
Could be good for a laugh.
Whats the gravel road like? Rideable on a road bike or should I take the cage?

ajturbo
25th August 2007, 22:57
it is fine for the bike..

it is ok even for the buell...

but as i will have the van........:cool:

Str8 Jacket
25th August 2007, 23:00
I might come up for a looksie...

ajturbo
25th August 2007, 23:38
I might come up for a looksie...

you just want to get into my leathers....

again:eek:

Skunk
25th August 2007, 23:43
Hmmm might be worth a trip out to Brooklyn to find out!
Could be good for a laugh.
Whats the gravel road like? Rideable on a road bike or should I take the cage?
The road is rough. Dirt track. You'll be fine.

Sully60
25th August 2007, 23:44
you just want to get into my leathers....

again:eek:

Not only pimpin but whoring also? I'll never get that dirty feeling out from being in your lower garage, from what I've heard you've been plying young boys with alcohol in there. I though I was special to you AJ but now I know the filthy thruth!

limbimtimwim
26th August 2007, 09:02
Do I need an MNZ race licence? How much does it cost to enter a 'tard?

Stuff my plans for today, I think this is a better idea..

Slingshot
26th August 2007, 09:41
Do I need an MNZ race licence? How much does it cost to enter a 'tard?

Stuff my plans for today, I think this is a better idea..

No MNZ licence required and from what I gather it's $35.

Mel...I will be the noob...you wait until you see the size of the rubber on this thing and then you'll think twice about comparing it to the R6 :eek:

limbimtimwim
26th August 2007, 14:59
This was worth my $35!!!

What a good surface, got to use my 'motard' properly.

I had to go home a bit early, but yeah, will be there next time. Awesome, couldn't stop smiling.

limbimtimwim
26th August 2007, 15:01
Oh yeahss, some of those buckets and their riders are bloody quick too..

Str8 Jacket
26th August 2007, 15:33
Awesome, couldn't stop smiling.

You were going really well out there, getting you're front end up and all! A few more go's and you'll be like super-awesome motard man! That smile was worth a million bucks! Actually so was Slingshots....

Cheers for letting me get into your pants again AJ! Shame I just couldnt get it together out there. :o Tried Luke's RG and someone elses honda?.. But I just wasnt really in a "riding" mood today...Besides, the trip to the track on the A was pretty exciting in itself!

Nice catching up with everyone else too. Fun day :banana:

limbimtimwim
26th August 2007, 16:13
hehehehheheehehhe.

Boot.

Slingshot
26th August 2007, 17:49
Here are some pics from today.

Had a great first day out on the track, managed to get my knee down, lowside the bike and then blow up the motor.

So all in all...a bloody good day.

Str8 Jacket
26th August 2007, 17:52
Here are some pics from today.

Had a great first day out on the track, managed to get my knee down, lowside the bike and then blow up the motor.

So all in all...a bloody good day.

Buggar, was that after we left while you were wearing Doug's leathers?

Slingshot
26th August 2007, 17:52
And a couple more photos:

Slingshot
26th August 2007, 17:57
Buggar, was that after we left while you were wearing Doug's leathers?

I think you were still there...maybe you'd just left. I'm pretty sure it was the first session in Doug's leathers. The track was still being run clockwise.

Wasn't a major, just lost the rear and hit the deck. Picked the bike up and push started it then carried on.

Str8 Jacket
26th August 2007, 18:03
I think you were still there...maybe you'd just left. I'm pretty sure it was the first session in Doug's leathers. The track was still being run clockwise.

Wasn't a major, just lost the rear and hit the deck. Picked the bike up and push started it then carried on.

Must've been the curse of the leathers!... Yeah we left just after you went out. The bike was going well up to then. Looked like you were having heaps of fun!

madmal64
26th August 2007, 20:05
Great pic's there Slingshot & Mrs Slingshot. Those 2 of Korea are awesome!
Will have to bring the leathers up next time. That looks like a shit load of fun.
I might have to go looking for a wee project bike:shutup:

Ivan
26th August 2007, 21:40
Man I loved that meeting,

Was awsome,

Thanks Chris for the use of the quads, Thanks AJ for a go on Christine shes an animal, Thanks to Bayden for orgainising it, Thanks for the weather gods holding out,

I had lots of fun riding round on the cbr 150,

Loved that split second momment we touched dave ahaha, I forgot how buckets was ridden,

I still got a smile on my dial was so much fun

Wasp
26th August 2007, 21:50
hah im typing one handed and i finished b4 u aj

glens photos http://www.waspnz.co.nz/gallery2/

compound head fracture for me :(

ajturbo
26th August 2007, 21:57
luke.......

what the hell can i say about the boy?....
he is one lucky fella to have me as a dad.....

if he was anyone elses... i think i would have chucked him over the edge....

there i was catching him on the quad...( yes we had just swopped.. he had given me the faster one) i was catching real fast like.....
i thought i would take him on the inside....
aparently he didn't want me to do that... so he looked back and swerved that way at the same time..... just as my front wheel hit his back wheel..........

WTF...??? how th ehell i stayied on i do not know.... anyone know?

shit it was funny....wobbling all over the place thinking " frig that ground looks hard... this IS gonna HURT and hurt bad....

but just as suddnly as it started... it was all over and the waters were calm...
i poulled in a couple of lapps later... my knees were still shaking....

hahahahahahaha

Christine got her first victim today....
and yes i told him to take it easy on her... but oh no... and she spat him off

yes doug... he has a fractured elbo thingy and 3 weeks off work....

told you to take it easy on her.... she heard me tell you....

16inch front wheel...:Punk:

go Christine!!!

i brought her a new clutch leaver... she loves me now....:love:

and the racing was great.. thanks to all the other races.. for putting up with me...

ajturbo
26th August 2007, 22:11

Christine won :first: :Punk:

Slingshot
26th August 2007, 22:14
Christine won :first: :Punk:

Frankenstein is dead :crybaby:

quallman1234
26th August 2007, 22:19
Too old for two wheels are we aj? :P

Ouchies, too badi missed it :rockon:

Korea
27th August 2007, 07:46
And a couple more photos:

Thanks for the piccy, but I couldn't help noticing that my cornering looks totally GHEY from that camera angle.
So here is one I corrected with the "gheyness-correction-filter" applied;
YOU CAN'T EVEN TELL IT'S BEEN PHOTOSHOPPED!

:niceone:

Korea
27th August 2007, 08:12
Well I nipped over to Brooklyn and past the wind turbine to the bucket races at Slipway on Sunday.
Remembering the fun (not) I had dirt-tracking the CBR1000RR down to the track last time, I opted to take the car but brought along my leathers on the off chance someone wanted me to crash, er... ride their bucket. And so they did...

Big thanks to Skunk for letting me have a blast out on his 'roided up bucket. Bloody great fun - I was grinning from ear to ear.

Also cheers to Limbimtimwin for a blat on his 'tard - I had no idea what I was doing, but was fun nonetheless.

Thanks also to AJTurbo for the bucket ride offer(next time!).

Seriously good fun folks. I am definitely hooked - will start scoping out bucket options soon~

In the meantime, here's some action photography with some videos to follow (weather and time permitting).

Enjoy~

Korea
27th August 2007, 08:14
More bucket action...

Korea
27th August 2007, 08:16
Still more buckets...

Korea
27th August 2007, 08:18
and more...

Korea
27th August 2007, 08:25
Last one...

Masterchop
27th August 2007, 09:43
In the meantime, here's some action photography with some videos to follow (weather and time permitting).

Enjoy~

Thanks, cool photos there Korea.
Thats me on the mighty GSXR145rr No.14 in the green and white leathers.

F5 Dave
27th August 2007, 09:50
Good day indeed. I must get around to putting that front number board back on. Everything is pretty lax so time to drag that ol' shitter from the garage or Trademe impulse purchase & come along. Bucket, dirtbike or Scooter they can accommodate.

Next race 30 Sept. Sadly I can't make it but will be at the Battle of the Buckets in Chch.

Sully60
27th August 2007, 18:58
Thanks, cool photos there Korea.
Thats me on the mighty GSXR145rr No.14 in the green and white leathers.

Lookin' stylie too!:rockon:

ajturbo
27th August 2007, 20:46
hey Korea... some great photo's there!.. shame that glen has stuffed his legs and his photo taking ablity has also suffered BADLY!

if you look closely in one of the shots, i am coming first........ or is that... i am holding up heaps of other racers?:innocent:

bloody hell luke can lean his bike over....

shame you missed him falling off... hehehehe

Ivan
27th August 2007, 21:03
Mean one of me on the cbr

limbimtimwim
27th August 2007, 21:15
if you look closely in one of the shots, i am coming first........ or is that... i am holding up heaps of other racers?:innocent:Yeah, nearly put my mudguard into the back of your head once... ;)

Skunk
27th August 2007, 21:55
Most excellent pics Korea.

Here's a video of one of the practice sessions...

1tmB1t2R_6g

Slingshot
27th August 2007, 22:34

Here's a video of one of the practice sessions...

Nice vid Skunk, good of you to let me follow you around the track on my first time out :shifty:

Skunk
27th August 2007, 23:00
You got the head off yet?

mud boy
28th August 2007, 08:00
that was a awesome day at buckets!!! and Korea took some awesome photos of me 2 im no. 117:bleh:
thanks Korea!!!!!!

fi5hy
28th August 2007, 17:09
:Oops::2guns:All I can say is go the long chin fark that thing is fast

F5 Dave
28th August 2007, 17:18
:Oops::2guns:All I can say is go the long chin fark that thing is fast
Pity it sounds like a slow fart in an elevator.

Good you've got it sorted a bit better. What do you reckon parts backup will be like if you need anything? ie: can you swap a 'onda gearbox directly in?

I may have to get my rear brake working so I can practise some of those styley skids into the hairpins you were doin.

Maybe Bayden should contract you to get his old duffer going by removing some more parts. Feck that wheelie off the start line was hilarious. . . . Well it was when I realised he wasn't going to land on me.

Korea
28th August 2007, 17:18
Glad you liked the photos.

Here's video number #1:
LBTW, Fishie and Motards
(1 Minute)

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m4XGXdsbtKQ"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m4XGXdsbtKQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

fi5hy
28th August 2007, 17:28
That looks far looser on video than it feels on the bike, I do like the smoke off the tyres :eek:s

Str8 Jacket
28th August 2007, 17:33
That looks far looser on video than it feels on the bike, I do like the smoke off the tyres :eek:s

Fuck yeah, its definately even better actually beng there watching it!

Korea - its a shame that you didnt get any of Simon getting his wheel up, he was going really well there too!

limbimtimwim
28th August 2007, 17:51
The speed difference is depressing/hilarious!!!!!!!

Str8 Jacket
28th August 2007, 18:01
The speed difference is depressing/hilarious!!!!!!!

DUDE! It was your first time!

Anyway, your smile was bigger....

Ivan
28th August 2007, 18:24
Mad you can hear me on the CBR the guy going Brap Brap, As I downshift mint

Skunk
28th August 2007, 18:52
Mad you can hear me on the CBR the guy going Brap Brap, As I downshift mint
Yeah, yay...

limbimtimwim
28th August 2007, 19:50
DUDE! It was your first time!
Anyway, your smile was bigger....I'm thinking 'stuff faster', I'm going to learn how to do that slide into corners thing.

Ivan
28th August 2007, 21:14
Yeah that ws intense the way Fishy came into the corners, it looked like he was crashing thats mad,

And LimBim or wateva your name is Im guessing your the guy on the DRZ 400 the Black one?

And you were doing the mean giggles as you cornered,

I was the one pitted next to you, on the CBR the black headed guy I think I remember you from helping at the sprints last year when I was there on my 125

Sully60
29th August 2007, 10:56
Yeah, nearly put my mudguard into the back of your head once... ;)

Fi5hy just about did the same thing with his chin..... his long chin!:lol:

Slingshot
29th August 2007, 18:31
You got the head off yet?

I was feeling guilty that I'd spent too much time with Frankenstein over the weekend and was out with work last night so tonight has been really the first chance I've had to look at it.

Anyway, have just pulled the motor out and pulled the head off...I've found the problem.

The piston is fucked!!

Don't know where the bits of it are but there were no large chunks in the cylinder, they might be floating around by the crank or they may have been blown out.

So, now I need to find me a new piston and get the head and barrel honed.

Photos to follow:

Slingshot
29th August 2007, 18:48
Here's the damage:

Sketchy_Racer
29th August 2007, 19:44
ewww what a crappy shape head..

maybe look for a TF100 head. thay have a waay better profile than that.

and even maybe bore it out a bit..

For pistons maybe flick tonyB a PM i think he's got one of them.. You could also try him on www.NZSBF.co.nz i think he frequents there more often

how far do you wanna go with this thing??

Skunk
29th August 2007, 19:47
Head looks OK to a rough bugger like me. (Could do with a squish tho). How's the barrel? Piston should be cheap - try http://www.motoequip.co.nz and support a KBer - as Sketchy has pointed out.

I have a honing tool somewhere I think. Call me if you want it and I'll have a look.

edit: site seems to be down at the mo...

Anyway I have a plan devised by Leigh (Skunk Control) to get the ZXR bucket going... Hope to do most of the work this weekend.
Anyone got an AX100 magneto, and side cover?

Slingshot
29th August 2007, 19:56
ewww what a crappy shape head..

maybe look for a TF100 head. thay have a waay better profile than that.

and even maybe bore it out a bit..

how far do you wanna go with this thing??

What makes it a crappy shaped head?

I'm thinking a boring it out might be a good option, would just need to figure out what size it could go to.

I'm keen to go as far as I can but budget will be a deciding factor, I am lucky though, my old man is an engineer so can do the boring stuff etc.

Head looks OK to a rough bugger like me. (Could do with a squish tho). How's the barrel? Piston should be cheap - try http://www.motoequip.co.nz and support a KBer - as Sketchy has pointed out.

edit: site seems to be down at the mo...

Barrel looks ok to me, doesn't seem to be any groves or anything.

What's a squish?

Motoequip have one on trademe here (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-accessories/Engine-drive-train/auction-115025715.htm?p=1) but I'm not sure if the barrel is standard or over bored all ready.

Skunk
29th August 2007, 20:02
Barrel looks ok to me, doesn't seem to be any groves or anything.

What's a squish?

Motoequip have one on trademe here (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-accessories/Engine-drive-train/auction-115025715.htm?p=1) but I'm not sure if the barrel is standard or over bored all ready.
Pop round and I'll lend you a book - Two Stoke Performance Tuning.

Squish is a 'ring' around the edge of the... fug-it to hard to show with words. It improves the combustion.

I have verniers to measure what you have. Tonys site has the std sizes listed.

Slingshot
29th August 2007, 20:08
Pop round and I'll lend you a book - Two Stoke Performance Tuning.

Squish is a 'ring' around the edge of the... fug-it to hard to show with words. It improves the combustion.

I have verniers to measure what you have. Tonys site has the std sizes listed.

Sweet, will probably pop over tomorrow night, will text first.

Just googled squish and found this:

The size of the squish band gap and the shape of the combustion chamber is what varies in achieving that goal. The squish is a part of the head face on the outside of the combustion chamber and is the same shape as the piston top.
The reason for the squish is to force the fuel mixture towards the spark plug as the two faces come together, and the combustion chamber shape is designed to create turbulence to thoroughly mix the fuel and any remaining gasses before detonation.

Skunk
29th August 2007, 20:32
The size of the squish band gap and the shape of the combustion chamber is what varies in achieving that goal. The squish is a part of the head face on the outside of the combustion chamber and is the same shape as the piston top.
The reason for the squish is to force the fuel mixture towards the spark plug as the two faces come together, and the combustion chamber shape is designed to create turbulence to thoroughly mix the fuel and any remaining gasses before detonation.Yep. That's what I was trying to say...

ajturbo
29th August 2007, 23:21
check the numbers on the piston..
if tony doesn't have one i have a contact in England that WILL have one... CHEEP!

ajturbo
29th August 2007, 23:23
Here's the damage:

but what about the valves?:niceone:

limbimtimwim
30th August 2007, 08:17
but what about the valves?:niceone:Yeah, looks like the whole head has melted, melding the valves and the head proper together into a nice sorta domed shape. Weird.

Rashika
30th August 2007, 08:56
great stuff guys, brings a big grin to my face to look at the piccies and video!
gimme more!
Sorry to hear about ya meltdown slingshot, but it'll be back and better than ever :cool:

F5 Dave
30th August 2007, 11:09
OK dude that is chronic detonation that has killed the piston. Detonation is the exploding of end gasses whereas normally the gas burns and heats up pushing the piston down re Boyles law (common myth that it explodes).

Ignition too advanced &/or jetting too lean. I'd bet ignition timing. Stator plate needs to be rotated in direction of flywheel. (anticlockwise). Std position mark is a good start, but as compression increases & an effective exp chamber is put on you may need to retard the ignition from this point.

The head is a non squish type, can work ok on small engines, but not ideal. erm little prone to detonation, but don't throw baby out with bathwater, there is another reason.

As far as CC you can only bore it out to like 104 else you have to keep a 24mm carb. If you want to run bigger you can go up to 125cc but the small carb will be a restriction you can't work around.

Sully60
30th August 2007, 13:31
OK dude that is chronic detonation that has killed the piston. Detonation is the exploding of end gasses whereas normally the gas burns and heats up pushing the piston down re Boyles law (common myth that it explodes).

Quite sure about that Dave? Wouldn't there be some vapourised piston material on the sparkplug and the front (exhaust side) of the piston would look erroded not exploded.
Not to say your theory is wrong but all the detonating engines I've seen start to melt at some point, this doesn't seem to have happened here.

I don't know for sure , just my 2 cents.

Sketchy_Racer
30th August 2007, 14:11
Looking closely at the pics, I can't say I can see any of the common symtoms of detonation (well.. all i've seen is RS125 stuff. so yeh)

To me it looks almost like the piston ring has caught on the ports. But yeah i would never trust my judgement.

Hard to tell without having a look in person

Slingshot
30th August 2007, 15:14
OK dude that is chronic detonation that has killed the piston.

Here I was thinking that it was the burnout that I did just prior to heading out on the track :)

The piston does look more like it's broken apart rather than being vaporised, when we first pulled the plug out (at the track) the gap was completly closed...I'm guessing that a chuck of piston has been squashed between the top of the piston and the plug.

F5 Dave
30th August 2007, 15:18
Detonation can be quite violent or quite subtle - the subtle type burns a hole typically in the middle of the piston or to the exhaust side eroding it away by the port. Or it can violently punch a hole in the top or break ring lands. This is what I suspect here.

. . . Although looking closer at the pics again it is interesting that the ring seems broken at the point & there is more than one broken area.

Hmmm. Is the ring peg at the back still present? Or has it been pushed in? When a ring gets caught it usually digs a trough above the port it gets caught in. Depends how brittle the ring is I guess, if they snapped straight away it would be better but modern rings aren't that brittle usually. What do the ports look like? I always reaaaly chamfer mine. If they were sharp it would be a bad thing.

Yes I saw that burn out.

Skunk
30th August 2007, 15:56
It was running pump 98 and the engine was "ported"; so maybe it should have been running avgas?

Sketchy_Racer
30th August 2007, 15:58
I'd like to think if that damage was caused by det that bad, even leaded fuel wouldn't have saved its arse.

even if it is ported, i doesn't appear that much has been changed in the terms of compression. that just looks like the stock head to me..

F5 Dave
30th August 2007, 16:05
There's no lip on the head, so it must be higher compression than std, but shape looks std.

Korea
30th August 2007, 16:52
Here it is in all its cheesy glory~

4 Minutes of Bucket Racing action with a mean backing track.
(I think I got most everybody in here - the last minute has probably the best action)

Enjoy~!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VWkfBY3ABfQ"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VWkfBY3ABfQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

Ivan
30th August 2007, 18:32
That video rules,

Have you got much more vids without music, or even with it,

That video was awsome

Cant get over how tall I am,

Str8 Jacket
30th August 2007, 19:09
Man if Id known you were filming me right then I would have kicked your arse!

That was fucken BRILLIANT btw...

Rashika
30th August 2007, 19:17
bloody awesum stuff... now whos who?? I can figure mudboy and AJ and skunk, but whos the rest?

dangerous
30th August 2007, 19:22
Here it is in all its cheesy glory

LOL, how do you guys do it? even when ya arse up ya hardly moving, whats that bike #36 you posted and whos is it? its a crack up look at that bloody chamber as for the muffler hahahaha... I love it :third:

Slingshot
30th August 2007, 19:25
bloody awesum stuff... now whos who?? I can figure mudboy and AJ and skunk, but whos the rest?

I'm the one picking up the bike after binning it :doctor:

Str8 Jacket
30th August 2007, 19:31
Im the one being pushed onto the track... Got it started eventually...... lol

Korea
30th August 2007, 19:33
That video rules,

Have you got much more vids without music, or even with it,

That video was awsome

Cant get over how tall I am,

Glad you liked it.
That was probably a collection of the better shots - you're not missing much else.
(a couple of times I was walking around while it was still recording, for about 10 minutes each time - hate it when that happens)

What number are you again Ivan? I'll try and include more shots next time and flick you the whole vid on CD if you're really keen.
Same goes for the rest of you Bucketeers :niceone:

dangerous
30th August 2007, 20:10
Im the one being pushed onto the track... Got it started eventually...... lol

Ohh Rashika, another chick on a bucket... we need a girls play off :headbang:

Ivan
30th August 2007, 21:06
Glad you liked it.
That was probably a collection of the better shots - you're not missing much else.
(a couple of times I was walking around while it was still recording, for about 10 minutes each time - hate it when that happens)

What number are you again Ivan? I'll try and include more shots next time and flick you the whole vid on CD if you're really keen.
Same goes for the rest of you Bucketeers :niceone:

Umm I was number 59 withthe flameson number board,

The CBR 150 the moto X sounding 4 stroke single cylinder,

and also rode #32 RG50,

And raced one of them quads im wearing the silver and black leathers and Side boots etc

Slingshot
30th August 2007, 21:08
. . . Although looking closer at the pics again it is interesting that the ring seems broken at the point & there is more than one broken area.

Hmmm. Is the ring peg at the back still present? Or has it been pushed in? When a ring gets caught it usually digs a trough above the port it gets caught in. Depends how brittle the ring is I guess, if they snapped straight away it would be better but modern rings aren't that brittle usually. What do the ports look like? I always reaaaly chamfer mine. If they were sharp it would be a bad thing.

Yes I saw that burn out.

Here's a couple of close ups of the piston, there's a fair size chunk of one of the rings missing.

The ports look pretty good, almost like they've be beveled off, certainly don't appear sharp.

ajturbo
30th August 2007, 21:32

[quote]

[quote=dangerous;1186166]Ohh Rashika, another chick on a bucket... we need a girls play off :headbang:
yer.. AND she can ride....
but then again most people can ride better than me:crazy:

Skunk
30th August 2007, 21:49
33 is Saxet, Red flag is Wasp crashing, 27 is F5Dave, 36 is Bungbung, 31 is Fishy and 60 is Sully60...

Sparky Bills
30th August 2007, 22:16
Shit that looks like fun!:2thumbsup

speedpro
30th August 2007, 22:45
Looks like fun as usual. Check out what I found the other day. 150cc water cooled 4-stroke, fuel injected, 15hp(ish), alloy frame

Rashika
31st August 2007, 06:27
Looks like fun as usual. Check out what I found the other day. 150cc water cooled 4-stroke, fuel injected, 15hp(ish), alloy frame

ooooooo, now THAT looks interesting! No flippin fairings to smash up, altho that prob means there prob wouldn't be many for sale due to crashing. The future looks intriguing with these new bikes coming out

Rashika
31st August 2007, 06:31
Ohh Rashika, another chick on a bucket... we need a girls play off :headbang:
Hell yeah, the BOB sounds like a plan??? Any other takers from the norf? Apart from skunk, AJ and F5dave...

yer.. AND she can ride....
hmmm... and what are you implying sunshine? :bash:

Shit that looks like fun!:2thumbsup

see, ya should buy yourself a real race bike :clap: :rockon:

Buddha#81
31st August 2007, 07:23
What are the quads? Now that looks like fun.

Ivan
31st August 2007, 09:12
Those Quads were just trial quads,

Thats Mudboy the one that gets the wheel off the ground and my borther on the other one,

They were bloody difficult to ride,

But once you get used to them they are awsome,

And Marton its the most fun ive had for a while, as it isnt SOO competitve,

125s rule,

Buckets are awsome fun.

Youl have to come do it your bound to have something lying round at MotoMart

That CBR I was racing only cost 500 bucks

Sully60
31st August 2007, 09:38
And Marton its the most fun ive had for a while, as it isnt SOO competitve,

What!
Bucket racing is THE MOST competitive racing there is buddy! You just turned up on a funday.

You better turn up top the points round boy! I'm gunna make you earn that beer good next time:2guns:

F5 Dave
31st August 2007, 09:38
Korea I just got around to viewing that, that was awesome:banana:. Well put together.

Obviously with the sampling it doesn't give any impression of speed & most was taken at the slowest point of the track. Clearly there was several bits mixed in & we don't mix the classes up like that in racing.

That no 36 is my old bike. It was resplendent in signal Orange with the std comfortable seat & MX bars & a downpipe. It really was a bucket then and surprisingly effective. It won the Manuatu club champs twice I think, wgtn maybe once, 1st wgtn 2hr, 2nd in Auckalnd 2 hr. 2nd & 3rd in national GP, Ohakune King of the junction & lead BOB at Ruapuna before it expired 10 min from the end (~6 yrs ago). + was great for stand up wheelies!!

But you can blame BungBung for the dubious 'makeover'.

Ivan
31st August 2007, 09:44
Tru Sully,

I will earn it good and proper:Oi:

Ivan
31st August 2007, 09:46
Korea I just got around to viewing that, that was awesome:banana:. Well put together.

Obviously with the sampling it doesn't give any impression of speed & most was taken at the slowest point of the track. Clearly there was several bits mixed in & we don't mix the classes up like that in racing.

That no 36 is my old bike. It was resplendent in signal Orange with the std comfortable seat & MX bars & a downpipe. It really was a bucket then and surprisingly effective. It won the Manuatu club champs twice I think, wgtn maybe once, 1st wgtn 2hr, 2nd in Auckalnd 2 hr. 2nd & 3rd in national GP, Ohakune King of the junction & lead BOB at Ruapuna before it expired 10 min from the end (~6 yrs ago). + was great for stand up wheelies!!

Your bikes are all awsome,

Is the 125 gonna make an apperence at the next round??

bungbung
31st August 2007, 10:06

Oi, it's all about the look. You be the judge:

Ivan
31st August 2007, 10:25
Its cool,

Doesntlook like anythign but when it hits the track the thing sings,

Its cool as,

I heave heard of a sly rumour theres a 2 hour coming up?

dangerous
31st August 2007, 14:04
Shit theres a lot of you KBer's getting right into F4 and F5... awesome now postpone ya next round and let me remind you of New Zealands biggest bucket meet The Battle Of The Buckets You wont regret it :scooter::scooter::scooter:

Rashika
31st August 2007, 15:30
...and just to say that the BEARS club have said we will get a cheap deal for the arvos BEARS racing as well.
So BOB in the morning and BEARS in the afternoon (buckets have their own class and usually around 25 riders in it, prob more if most of the morning riders survive). Bring your post classic or BEARS bikes as well as post classic have a class in BEARS too.

Last year there were 46 people for the BOB... its a bloody fantastic day! ;)

F5 Dave
31st August 2007, 16:57
Oi, it's all about the look. You be the judge:

Yeah that was cool like it was!! Esp the HONDA upside down so you could read it when it was crashed.:lol:

ok maybe it was a bit ugly. . .

Sully60
31st August 2007, 17:49
Hey Korea
Just managed to watch your vid and it rocks dude!

I especially like the bit when F5Dave whoops Ivan right around the outside, a classic moment to look back on for the rest of bucketing eternity! Aye Ivan.:bye:

Hey man are you going to repost the pics you took at Rd 2? Those were cool too but the server crash took them out before most people had a chance to seem them. It would be :cool: to see them again.

Ivan
31st August 2007, 18:08
Hey Korea
Just managed to watch your vid and it rocks dude!

I especially like the bit when F5Dave whoops Ivan right around the outside, a classic moment to look back on for the rest of bucketing eternity! Aye Ivan.:bye:

Hey man are you going to repost the pics you took at Rd 2? Those were cool too but the server crash took them out before most people had a chance to seem them. It would be :cool: to see them again.

Yo Sully to words Fuck up lol

Haha I kind of sit up for a momment i dont know why?

you were no were near me and Dave tho you Grandad

ajturbo
1st September 2007, 07:47
Last year there were 46 people for the BOB... its a bloody fantastic day! ;)

yes it was a great day...
luke came in the top 20!.. on his 50cc bucket... that was OVER ALL!!..

not bad for someone who had NEVER been in a race.....and only 14....

just shows how bad the riders down south are, with my expert coaching and skills, we managed to get a noobe on a standard rg50 ...........:devil2::baby:

and sorry guys and girls.. but $$$$$$$$$$$ or lack of ( committed to the buell rally)will hinder me apperances.........:(:(:spanking:

Rashika
2nd September 2007, 07:43
yes it was a great day...
luke came in the top 20!.. on his 50cc bucket... that was OVER ALL!!..

not bad for someone who had NEVER been in a race.....and only 14....

just shows how bad the riders down south are, with my expert coaching and skills, we managed to get a noobe on a standard rg50 ...........:devil2::baby:

and sorry guys and girls.. but $$$$$$$$$$$ or lack of ( committed to the buell rally)will hinder me apperances.........:(:(:spanking:

piker! You just dont wanna be beaten by a girl... :laugh: :msn-wink:

you forgot to mention how many actually finished... think it was about 25 in total, and even I finished in the early teens. Obviously speed doesn't have much to do with it (cos i def wasn't!), just the ability for racer and machine to survive the 55mins.

ajturbo
2nd September 2007, 07:59
piker! You just dont wanna be beaten by a girl... :laugh: :msn-wink:

you forgot to mention how many actually finished... think it was about 25 in total, and even I finished in the early teens. Obviously speed doesn't have much to do with it (cos i def wasn't!), just the ability for racer and machine to survive the 55mins.

no not 25.. there were about 30+..???

or was that 30+ that crashed/broke down??:innocent::sweatdrop

but there are things happening up here $$ wise...... stay tuned..

Rashika
2nd September 2007, 08:08
no not 25.. there were about 30+..???

or was that 30+ that crashed/broke down??:innocent::sweatdrop

but there are things happening up here $$ wise...... stay tuned..

nah only about 25 actually finished, the rest still got a placing if they completed laps...
The placings were worked out by total number of laps per person, so if any of ya ARE coming down make sure you have good numbers on your bikes, if they cant be seen then you wont get marked down.
Think (hope!) we are going to have a video going on the day as well to help with the lap scorers, they had a MAJOR mission last year!

oooo the last line sounds interesting, new job? won the lottery??? ;)