PDA

View Full Version : Hi People

Teflon
2nd October 2004, 20:55
Nice to have a NZ motorcycle site to visit.

Motu
2nd October 2004, 21:09
Welcome - are you a Du Pont? Do you know Nylon,Dulon,Rayon,or maybe Lyca and Gore Tex?

Angry Puppy
2nd October 2004, 21:34
Welcome also. Nah, it's a mafia thing. Teflon Don and all that?

FB

magnum
2nd October 2004, 22:42
hello :banana:

Ms Piggy
3rd October 2004, 02:41
This is more than just a site to visit Teflon, you get to meet people too and there are some great people here.

Welcome :)

LB
3rd October 2004, 05:01
Hi Teflon, welcome to KiwiBiker.

ching_ching
3rd October 2004, 06:16
Howzit. You sound like a slippery character... oohhh :beer: :wacko:

ching

DEATH_INC.
3rd October 2004, 07:16
Welcome aboard.
There's a few members here from Hamilton.
Just watch out for Quasi's rides,it usually pisses down... :Pokey:

Joni
3rd October 2004, 11:35
Hello. :spudbooge

vifferman
3rd October 2004, 13:10
Hi, Teflon! Welcome to KB.:spudwave:
Wellllll.... tell us about yourself and your 'Storm, then....
Year? Colour? Mods? Mileage?
And the same for your bike.:laugh:

Teflon
3rd October 2004, 20:51
It's a 97, done 105,000 k's.

Mods- 5mm spacer, 15 tooth sprocket front, and 43 rear, aftermarket fork springs, droped the front about a inch, just fairings belly pan.

Binned it on the raglan divi (lowside), so all aftermarket fairings except tail.

Owned this bike for about 3 years and still addicted to the torque.

Juan
4th October 2004, 00:47
Hi, watch out for Slim she is sneaky..... :whistle:

Bazza
5th October 2004, 20:07
105,000k is impressive, I have just bought a new one so looking forward to another 104 plus k's! :)

wari
6th October 2004, 06:30
HUllo ...

HEre's your starterr packe ==> :moon:

The Pastor
6th October 2004, 10:14
This is more than just a site to visit Teflon, you get to meet people too and there are some great people here.

Welcome :)

Like me :D

vifferman
6th October 2004, 10:34
It's a 97, done 105,000 k's. That's a good mileage (or is that 'kilometreage'? :wacko: )

Mods- 5mm spacer, 15 tooth sprocket front, and 43 rear, aftermarket fork springs, droped the front about a inch, just fairings belly pan.
:eek: Man, with that gearing, it must wheelie like a mofo! Although the spacer and fork drop would help in that regard. I've done just the front sprocket and fork drop (dunno what springs are in there, but they're fine except 2-up). The belly pan would improve the looks over the stock one.

Other mods to mine from when I bought it (it's a 97 too, but I bought it last year) :
Braided front brake lines (second set)
A.P.E. manual camchain tensioners.
TPS setting changed to 500 ohm
Unifilter airfilter
Dynojet kitted (supposedly)
Bafflectomy and plugs
Iridium sparkplugs
Softer SBS brakepads
Fitted a clock/voltmeter/laptimer/battery charge meter
Upgraded R/R, mounted on left side subrame rail
55/100W headlight (was 130/90, but blew bulb)
No rear mudguard (previous owner cut it off)
Fitted vacuum nipple to front cyclinder, with 'permanent' vacuum lines for balancing carbs.

vifferman
6th October 2004, 10:35
105,000k is impressive, I have just bought a new one so looking forward to another 104 plus k's! :)Hi, Bazza!:spudwave:
Welcome to KB. Hope you enjoy the 'Storm, and get a good run out of it. Need any advice or answers, feel free to ask me.

Teflon
6th October 2004, 15:14
A.P.E. manual camchain tensioners.

Hey firestormer, who stocks these tensioners?.

These original tensioners are making me paranoid with the amount k's i have done.

Only problem i have had so far is starter clutch. Changed the cam chain @ about 80,000.

vifferman
6th October 2004, 15:29
Hey firestormer, who stocks these tensioners?.

These original tensioners are making me paranoid with the amount k's i have done.

Only problem i have had so far is starter clutch. Changed the cam chain @ about 80,000.When you changed the camchains, did you put new tensioners in? After having the APE ones in a while, I think maybe it would've been less hassle to leave the new CCTs in, and take my chances with things going "Ping! Rattle! Bang! SKReeEEEcH!!" :eek: :buggerd:

No-one stocks them, as far as I know. There is an agent for APE in Hawkes Bay or somewhere (can't recall now) who will import them to order, for a mere 100% or so markup.:crazy: I got his name by Googley searching, contacted him, and asked how much the ($US50) CCTs would cost, and when they'd be available. He replied over a week later, quoted summat like $165, and said they'd take 3 weeks, and I'd have to pay up front.
Got some from a guy on the FireStorm forum in the UK a week later for cost price.

Best idea is if you have a contact in the US, and get them to buy some for you, and PayPal them.
The part is: HT1000VTR and you need 2, plus the gaskets if your OEM gaskets are ferked.
APE's site is here: http://aperaceparts.com/
And the relevant page is: http://www.cbrzone.com/sprockets.html

I might be able to do it for you, but I'm not making any promises (I have both a PayPal account, and friends in the US).

Teflon
6th October 2004, 19:35
According to my mechanic the tensioners were mint.

Think i read some where that they fixed the tensioners in the latter models, so i'm hoping the previous owner got the update, which is most likely.

NC
6th October 2004, 19:43
Herro :spudwave:

inlinefour
28th November 2004, 10:11

and have the site for those working/raining days... :puke: