PDA

View Full Version : Bit fell off... Do I need it?

Disco Dan
24th August 2007, 14:01
Umm... A bit of plastic fell off my bike yesterday... slid down from where it was 'sitting' and started melting on the headers... it sits between the radiators and the block, clipping on (somehow) to something that obviously was not there... Do I need it??

What is it for? Heat sheild maybe???

imdying
24th August 2007, 14:10
Need is a strong word, but.... if it gets to 30 degrees, and you're in traffic, then you'll appreciate having something help duct air into the radiator.

Disco Dan
24th August 2007, 14:10
I think it clips onto the fan on the back of the radiator... but could only get one clip on if it was at a strange angle.

made a right nasty mess... :crybaby: plasticy smoke bellowing up as I was riding to work... :devil2:

NinjaNanna
24th August 2007, 14:24
Possibly its a weather sheild to help prevent water and shit getting up to where your coils are mounted under the tank, on top of the rocker cover

imdying
24th August 2007, 14:32
That's a good point, water in the coils would suck.

Disco Dan
24th August 2007, 21:22
crap. So that means I should really get a new one... *sigh* could not figure out how the smegging thing clipped on though... :pinch:

imdying
25th August 2007, 09:22
No, just reuse that one... drill some holes to run some cable ties through.

T.W.R
25th August 2007, 09:55
On the schematics diagram they describe the bit as a cover seal.
comparing your pic and the diagram, your piece is broken away from it's mounting points at the top of the radiator (check the diagram, part # 49016)

Disco Dan
25th August 2007, 10:14
On the schematics diagram they describe the bit as a cover seal.
comparing your pic and the diagram, your piece is broken away from it's mounting points at the top of the radiator (check the diagram, part # 49016)

Holy smoke! Its meant to go Horozontal ! ...so me trying to put it in vertically was why it fell off... :doh:

Cher for that!!!! :2thumbsup:2thumbsup