PDA

View Full Version : A little piece of me died

Boob Johnson
24th August 2007, 15:18
When watching this.

Ok brace yourself folks......if you like classic/muscle cars & don't want to watch one getting stacked then.........WALK AWAY..........DON'T HIT THE LINK!!!

DON'T DO IT!!! :laugh:

Truely painfull to watch....

http://www.break.com/index/dumb-woman-crashes-shelby-cobra3.html

007XX
24th August 2007, 15:23
When watching this.

Ok brace yourself folks......if you like classic/muscle cars & don't want to watch one getting stacked then.........WALK AWAY..........DON'T HIT THE LINK!!!

DON'T DO IT!!! :laugh:

Truely painfull to watch....

http://www.break.com/index/dumb-woman-crashes-shelby-cobra3.html

OMG!!!! The stupid, stupid tart....:gob:

can I hurt her, please!!!:angry2:

madmal64
24th August 2007, 15:25
She was probably told to take it easy, and we know that (most) women do not like being told what to do.
Oh well:doh:

Maha
24th August 2007, 15:25
OMG!!!! The stupid, stupid tart....:gob:

can I hurt her, please!!!:angry2:

Wouldn't blame the female V, if someone offered you the chance to get behind the wheel of such a vehicle you would yes?... Its the mans fault....this time...:whistle:

McJim
24th August 2007, 15:29
It's a testamaent to the superb handling of american vehicles :rofl:

007XX
24th August 2007, 15:31
Wouldn't blame the female V, if someone offered you the chance to get behind the wheel of such a vehicle you would yes?... Its the mans fault....this time...:whistle:

yeah, ok...but hang on...ANYONE who knows anything about these cars is aware that it's not like regular tread of the mill jap car...

You can't bloody drive it the same...it takes skills and muscles! Hence the name of muscle car...

her over inflated (and very misleaded) confidence as well as ignorance ruined a beautiful piece of engineering...

Bet you she nagged him until he gave up:spanking:

sorry, rant over...I love them Shelbys...and Mustangs...and Corvettes :drool:

Boob Johnson
24th August 2007, 15:41
Sorry didn't catch any of the above post's.............

My eyes are still bleeding :brick:

McJim
24th August 2007, 15:44
A daft geezer in Ponsnobby did that to a Lamborghini last year. Switched off the traction control (1967 cobra doesn't have traction control of course) and gave it a footfull going round a corner.

Surprise surprise, embedded the car in a lamp post I think.

justsomeguy
24th August 2007, 15:49
The good news is that isn't a Shelby Cobra but a Superformance Replica.

The bad news is that bitch and the idiot who let her drive it are probably still alive.

007XX
24th August 2007, 15:50
A daft geezer in Ponsnobby did that to a Lamborghini last year. Switched off the traction control (1967 cobra doesn't have traction control of course) and gave it a footfull going round a corner.

Surprise surprise, embedded the car in a lamp post I think.

Aaaiiiii... shoot him I say!

And for once i will also talk like a girl and ask:

Why is it that the driver is always a bald, fat, 5o something greasy act?

McJim
24th August 2007, 16:00
Aaaiiiii... shoot him I say!

And for once i will also talk like a girl and ask:

Why is it that the driver is always a bald, fat, 5o something greasy act?

It's the law of financial attraction. Dollars stick to bald aging fat men much more easily than they stick to young muscular blokes with hair.

The difference is women mean it when they give oral sex to good looking poor blokes. Unfortunately sincerity isn't one of the redeeming features of a blow job.

Ocean1
24th August 2007, 16:01
I don't believe it was an original. Still, I'm surprised some idiot would let a novice drive something like that.

Can't rabbit on too much, I've lost one too, a 429. :Oops:
No damage but it was veeery close... :sweatdrop

Ocean1
24th August 2007, 16:03
The difference is women mean it when they give oral sex to good looking poor blokes. Unfortunately sincerity isn't one of the redeeming features of a blow job.

And besides, you'de rather have the Cobra huh? :innocent:

007XX
24th August 2007, 16:04
It's the law of financial attraction. Dollars stick to bald aging fat men much more easily than they stick to young muscular blokes with hair.

:killingme :killingme

McJim
24th August 2007, 16:06
And besides, you'de rather have the Cobra huh? :innocent:

If I had the money to buy a cobra? I'd buy a really nice bike instead:devil2:

avgas
24th August 2007, 16:27
that makes me cry
silly bint

chris
24th August 2007, 16:30
The good news is that isn't a Shelby Cobra but a Superformance Replica.
Absolutely. Shelby didn't use fibreglass.

imdying
24th August 2007, 16:32
I only watched it without the sound, but from what I can see, it's the owners fault... the driver sure didn't seem very comfortable or controlled in the way they reversed out etc, I would've pulled the plug on her joy ride right there.

Boob Johnson
24th August 2007, 16:49
If I had the money to buy a cobra? I'd buy a really nice bike instead:devil2:If I could rep ya Jim I would

I only watched it without the sound, but from what I can see, it's the owners fault... the driver sure didn't seem very comfortable or controlled in the way they reversed out etc, I would've pulled the plug on her joy ride right there.Damn straight, even if you didn't know the outcome initially you could see she wasn't a competent driver at ALL!!

Boob Johnson
24th August 2007, 16:53
The good news is that isn't a Shelby Cobra but a Superformance Replica.yeah def not, not many real ones left. Last I heard there was only one in Australia, as in the closest to us.

janno
24th August 2007, 16:58
Be careful about watching stuff like this Boob, you're little enough as it is! If little pieces keep dying you'll be nothing but a pair of boots:lol::lol: . . .

Taz
24th August 2007, 17:35
Christ it's just an old car. Luckily she didn't crash a new one. Hope she was ok.:rofl:

marty
24th August 2007, 18:26
christ it's not THAT bad. front corner and a bit of fibreglass panelling. i would have thought that THIS>>>>> would have been more of an 'oops' moment

avgas
26th August 2007, 22:22
christ it's not THAT bad. front corner and a bit of fibreglass panelling. i would have thought that THIS>>>>> would have been more of an 'oops' moment
Yeah its like the kid that made his dad's enzo into a 1km bombing run

limbimtimwim
27th August 2007, 12:29
It's a testamaent to the superb handling of american vehicles :rofl:The AC Ace is British.

Mr Shelby shoved a massive engine in it in typical American dunderhead style and called it a Cobra.

Boob Johnson
27th August 2007, 13:08
The AC Ace is British.

Mr Shelby shoved a massive engine in it in typical American dunderhead style and called it a Cobra.Bling comin your way. Surprising how many don't know this.

Carrol certainly did a good job. I can't remember the exact figures but a HUGE number of these were written off a mere few miles away from taking delivery due to the massive power & shit handling, one of the reasons why they are worth so much.

marty
27th August 2007, 13:25
anyone who knows anything about muscle cars know that the AC was a gutless piece of british engineering that needed some serious horsepower to become a classic.

it's a bit like the Roller/Bentley getting an injection of german goodies - still identified as bwitish but far from it.....

Boob Johnson
27th August 2007, 13:27
anyone who knows anything about muscle cars know that the AC was a gutless piece of british engineering that needed some serious horsepower to become a classic.

it's a bit like the Roller/Bentley getting an injection of german goodies - still identified as bwitish but far from it.....Yeah I believe it was a 1.5 or something similar.

It's still happening to this day too. McLaren F1? Was up until recently the fastest road car in the world.............with a German engine. We may have won the war but they DO make better gear than us :shutup:

chris
27th August 2007, 13:34
Yeah I believe it was a 1.5 or something similar.
Early cars had a 2.0L straight six that was replaced with a 2.6L straight six that was also a little under powered. Later cars had the Zephyr 2.6 straight six significantly upping horsepower.

marty
27th August 2007, 13:40
speaking of transplanting - did anyone else notice that a Toyota Camry won the latest Nascar round?

chris
27th August 2007, 13:41
...and you obviously don't know much. The AC Ace was never built as a muscle car in the first place. Shelby stopped making them in the mid 60's as they were financial failure. The 289 was built by AC in the UK from then on.

xwhatsit
27th August 2007, 14:53
It's a testamaent to the superb handling of american vehicles :rofl:

The AC Ace is British.

Mr Shelby shoved a massive engine in it in typical American dunderhead style and called it a Cobra.
Correct. Although I have a soft spot for those mid-60s sports-cars, I've always had problems falling for the Shelby. It always seemed a great shame to me that you had these beautiful Ferrari 250GTOs and Jaguar E-Types and Maserati Tipo 61s roaring around the GT circuits in the 60s, gorgeous, wonderful handling vehicles with elegant 3-litre V12s and the like.

Then Carroll Shelby (an oversized Texan who liked to shoot his mouth off) ruins a lovely balanced-handling two-litre straight six British sports-car by stuffing an overweight V8 lump in it, and begins to win the GT series by virtue of sheer horsepower. It's like what Sketchy Racer was talking about with the supposed introduction of 4-stroke thumpers into the 125 GP class -- an elegant class and style of racing ruined by brute force.

To be sure the Shelby Cobra is an exciting car -- to look at, and certainly to drive. But you don't have to look too far to see why its arrival was lamented by the European racing fraternity -- one of his famous quotes was something along the lines of when racing, `all we really do is drag between the corners'. There's a nice philosophy for you. One contemporary GT driver of the Cobra referred to it as `a turd' in terms of handling.

I don't know if the modern replicas (like what is featured in this video) have improved on the handling somewhat, but I doubt it. You can only push a shit design so far. A big heavy V8 sitting on top of the front wheels is never going to handle very well.

marty
27th August 2007, 15:18
ah yes, but i don't think the 429ci was sourced from the US. As was the 289, which as introduced in the early 60's.

The SHELBY cobra is the classic, and everyone knows, mr shelby is from merka.

check this out from wikipedia:

Shelby's original model, CSX 3015, was kept by Carroll Shelby himself over the years as a personal car, sometimes entering it into local races like the Turismos Visitadores Cannonball-Run like race in Nevada, where he was "waking [up] whole towns, blowing out windows, throwing belts and catching fire a couple of times, but finishing." Shelby later sold CSX 3015 to Jimmy Webb for $10,500. During the collector car bubble of 1989–90, Webb was said to have turned down $1.2 million for the car, but the car was seized by the IRS, after owing millions in back taxes and was auctioned off in 1995 for $375,000.[3] CSX 3015 was auctioned off on January 22, 2007 at the Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Event in Scottsdale, Arizona for $ 5,5 Million USD + commission (a record for Cobras, and a record for a Barrett-Jackson sold price)

avgas
27th August 2007, 17:08
Wasn't it fastest production car for a few years in the 60's? Faster than the 50's Kompressor?

NordieBoy
12th May 2012, 17:01
A little piece of me died today too :(

Carroll Shelby, designer of the Shelby Cobra and other sports cars that placed him in the pantheon of auto industry legends, has died at age 89, his company said today.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/motoring/6910564/Legendary-racer-car-designer-Carroll-Shelby-dies

scumdog
12th May 2012, 17:40
A little piece of me died today :(

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/motoring/6910564/Legendary-racer-car-designer-Carroll-Shelby-dies

He sure lasted a long time for somebody in that career - and was quite good at throwing money into heart research/surgery etc (As he had some kind of massive heart surgery quite a few years ago)

scumdog
12th May 2012, 17:41
Wasn't it fastest production car for a few years in the 60's? Faster than the 50's Kompressor?

0 to 160kph and back to 0 in under 13 seconds.
Or something like that...from memory

Boob Johnson
12th May 2012, 20:54
A little piece of me died today too :(

lol nice thread necro! Ok maybe a bad choice of words :laugh:

RIP Carroll Shelby, what a legend!

A link to his time line at the bottom, makes for great reading! http://www.carrollshelby.com/#/1923-1951