PDA

View Full Version : Keeway, my new bike

blue eyed savage
24th August 2007, 23:04
got my new bike today. its a keeway super shadow. goes well and i love the look.
first i washed it then had a coffe. looked at it for a wile and went for a short ride. goes better than what i was expeacting but its no sports bike.

anyone eles got one. anyone know how the fuel tap works? wich way is resuve?
when im back in the naki about the 22oct im look for people to do 250cc rides with anyone keen? round the mt or something.

jafar
24th August 2007, 23:09
got my new bike today. its a keeway super shadow. goes well and i love the look.
first i washed it then had a coffe. looked at it for a wile and went for a short ride. goes better than what i was expeacting but its no sports bike.

anyone eles got one. anyone know how the fuel tap works? wich way is resuve?
when im back in the naki about the 22oct im look for people to do 250cc rides with anyone keen? round the mt or something.

Welcome to KB , nice choice of bike :2thumbsup

Drum
24th August 2007, 23:31
Welcome to the site mate.

Never heard of the Keeway till now. Where are they made, and how much did it set you back?

gijoe1313
25th August 2007, 08:04
Gudday, congrats on the new bike and know you will having a lot of fun on your two wheels of freedom! Plenty of good advice on this site and no end of weirdness! :msn-wink:

Looking forward to reading your posts as you relate your experiences! :yes:

babyblade250rr
25th August 2007, 08:14
Yeah congrats on your new steel horse! and welcome to kiwi bikers i'm sure you'll meet plenty of incoherant weirdos like myself and the other lads, (Don't forget the gals! some are pretty weird too lol:laugh:)

and enjoy yourself on this strange yet pleasing site, Don't forget once your in you can never!! get out!! muuaahahaha:devil2:

welcome mate

carbacca
25th August 2007, 08:43
congrat on the new ride, looks like your hooked already ;)

whereabouts are ya in the meantime?? if you are in jafaland theres always plenty of rides going around

Edbear
25th August 2007, 12:33
Welcome to the site mate.

Never heard of the Keeway till now. Where are they made, and how much did it set you back?

They're the Yamaha Virago copy out of China. One of the many, but these are imported by Triumph NZ so hopefully are reasonable quality. They look okay, too. I've been considering the cruiser with screen and bags for the Missus once we get a bit more financial and into the warmer weather and if she does finally decide she'd like her own bike....

blue eyed savage
22nd September 2007, 21:26
thanks to all u bikers out there u guys rock and yes im hooked. the bike goes well. it sits on 100k cost me $4000 so im very happy. been stuck in waiouru for 2 months now go back down south tomrrow. its going to be a good trip. i cant wait. i did a trip round mt taranaki today and loved it. so im looking ford to tomrrow. i start in new plymouth and go to picton and stay the night there the the next day its down to christchurch.
suxs to be all u people at work when im out riding. only one month in the army left the im out and in the naki for good.
man i love being on the road.

blue eyed savage
24th September 2007, 21:11
got down to christchurch today, grate ride. and im learning heeps. like STAY OF THE PAINT. ie dobble yellow lines. not cool when its wet and you go round a corner on the paint, the back wheel spins and ur ass hole puckers up. anyway anyone know how to fix a lose chain? i dont have a center stand so is it possable without one? and i know i have to losen the back tyer so whats the talk when i put it back on.
any help at all would b good.

HTFU
24th September 2007, 21:43
Hey man,

Sounds like you having some fun. I was doing the same on my GN last year. Took 6 months off work and just cruised. Must say it gets a bit lonely out by yourself riding all the time solo. Was cool meeting up with a few riders for some of the riding (did a ride only a few weeks ago with another KB member down to the naki, plan was to go around the mountain but the weather turned to crap, plus I was still on the GN at that stage.

You can get a bike stand that goes under the middle of the bike and raises it up like a jack. Not sure how much they cost I was given mine. Important to keep the chain to the recommended tension. Too tight put stress on everything and wears it all out, too loose and it could fall off. I was adjusting the GN every month. So a stand may be worth it if you are going to keep the bike a while. Read the manual should have all the steps to doing the chain there, otherwise just put any questions on here.

Happy riding. :niceone:

blue eyed savage
28th September 2007, 01:05
thanks for all the suport out there, got my restrted today, love ridind over the port hills after work to. even thow it is a good 25k out of camp.( im in burnham) bike is going good and i hope to ride with u all soon. or just ride with random people, or just ride. its all good.

have a good weekend everyone. and thanks for all the replys.