PDA

View Full Version : What a weekend!!

sunhuntin
25th August 2007, 20:02
man... i dont think ive ever done more ks in 3 hits!

hit the road at lunch time thursday for new plymouth. took the surf highway up. bloody gorgeous roads up there! i even learned to corner a bit better! LOL.
met il4, chainsaw spom , nadroj [kevin] and boob johnson. cheers for the bed, john, and cheers for very exciting pillion ride, kev! damn near shat meself a few times. lmfao.
chainsaw spom [you know who you are!!!] is awesome to ride with. kept a good distance, except for when cars overtook... hed come right up behind to keep them pulling in on top of me, lol. awesome awesome rider! :2thumbsup
came back down yesterday. nothing major to report... hit 115k passing a truck. lol.
today, the local triumph club had their annual charity ride, so i headed off to that [was nearly late, due to a certain chainsaw running all night thursday leaving me very tired, lol.] :buggerd: :girlfight: :Pokey:
bloody good turnout... bout 92 bikes, and over 100 registrations. rego was $10 each, with some putting more in. money went to the alzheimers assn [sp?] had an auction at the end.... with all funds going to the same place. picked up a gorgeous paua necklace for $25. dunno what for, since ill never wear the thing! LOL. did try for tattoo and piercing vouchers, but got outbid.
only thing that coulda made the day better was if it hadnt rained, but even that wasnt too bad.

so... three days riding. filled the bike on thursday, and needed to fill again before we reached np. put $1.36 in yesterday morning in np, and filled again this morning. hit reserve just above whangahu coming back. so need to fill yet again. lmfao. worth is though... lil bike loved it! she hit bang on 120k today, and didnt want to slow down. she was hardly even shaking, which was good, considering the vibrations in the bars at 100/110 are huge.
neighbour dragged out his old enfield... got quite a lot of attention, too! bloody nice bike. was covered in oil by the time we got back, lol.

depending on my hours next week, i may trip up to napier. missed the head shave this week, so might try for then, if it still counts. and if yungatart dont go to the skin, neither do i!! so if anyone has some nice, direct routes, let me know! im generally not a fan of back roads... has to have a state highway number, lol.

Lteejay
26th August 2007, 08:17
Jealous - gotta find some time to go for a long ride myself. Sounds like you had a blast. Blings for the 120 :banana:

07fatboy
26th August 2007, 13:36
sounds like you had a ball good onya:Punk:

nadroj
26th August 2007, 21:39
Lucky I didn't have your ankles under my armpits!
Btw thanks for the warning re the chainsaw.

canarlee
26th August 2007, 22:08
Btw thanks for the warning re the chainsaw.

are inline4s neighbours playing up again???

sunhuntin
2nd September 2007, 19:46
and... yet another wicked weekend!! thanks heaps to yungatart, mstrs and hxc for putting me up for a night. great to finally meet all of you. you are awesome!! cheers to team cudby for busting my front brake lever... still works for when i need it, lol. cant recall who all i met this weekend... wasp27 was there i think? and stickchick [sorry.... im crap with names!!]

love the new shaved head... and so does mum :shit: thanks for that yunga... you did an awesome job!

Stickchick
2nd September 2007, 22:26
It was great to meet ya and yep you got my name right. Hope to see you in HB again too. The do suits ya too, have to say you are one brave lady thats for sure

yungatart
3rd September 2007, 08:24
It was good to have you here, Sunhuntin.
Thanks sooo much for your courage and generosity for hXc and Mack!

janno
3rd September 2007, 08:38
Yay for the mighty Virago 250!! I learned on one o'dem. Can't kill 'em with a brick . . .

Sounds like a winning weekend all round - what will work say about your 'do?

MSTRS
3rd September 2007, 08:49
We all had fun too. You are welcome any time
And this... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=1189788&postcount=160

sunhuntin
3rd September 2007, 18:36
Yay for the mighty Virago 250!! I learned on one o'dem. Can't kill 'em with a brick . . .

Sounds like a winning weekend all round - what will work say about your 'do?

yeh... she ran real well... that is till it was decided my brake lever needed to be bent inwards. o well... another part [or two :confused:] for the shelf, lol.
nah, she ran sweet. kickin along at 110k outside palmy. stopped at mcds in bulls for tea and to let the sun go down [sunstrike was getting bad] i have learned my discman doesnt like 110k... skipped every few mins. bought an ipod of a kid today for $50, and only just got it sorted. IPOD ROCKS!

work dont care... if id gone to the skin id be living in a hat till it grew out, but its ok. boss was working when i got home, and he didnt set any restrictions on it, so must be all good. the one guy i had to worry about didnt even say anything. lol.

honestly, ladies, i dont see what the big deal is? :mellow: i dont call it bravery... i call it something i do every day [riding alone for any distance] i am honored to be involved, and id ride any distance to do it again. :sunny: it was well worth it, the shave was just a bonus. lol.