PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question, what's wrong with Honda?

erix
25th August 2007, 20:43
Is there interesting things I should know about Honda? Because I sense that some people holding something against it or laugh at it? Heard more than once somebody says their reason of not buying a bike: Because it’s a Honda! Can somebody tell me Why?

Drum
25th August 2007, 20:49
I think it's because the Beach Boys sang a song about a Honda.

There's nothing wrong with them mate.

Boob Johnson
25th August 2007, 20:57
Yeah ignore it, nothing more than banter, they are as good if not better than any other solid brand. No different to everyone south of the Bombays hating everyone in Auckland

(but that one is actually true :girlfight: :yes: :laugh:)

yod
25th August 2007, 21:29
yeah mate...its just wind-up material, nuthin wrong with them....

merv
25th August 2007, 21:44
Best bikes ever made so don't believe anything else you hear like on this thread http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=55466

That Poos guy will disagree, but then he wants you to ride a cheap tart parts bin special.

Jantar
25th August 2007, 21:46
I have ridden and owned many bikes over the years, and in 37 years of motorcycling I have only ever ridden a single Honda that I didn't like. That was the 1975 Goldwing. All other Hondas have been very nice bikes.

But when it comes to buying a bike, I generally prefer Suzuki. Its a bit like asking someone if thay prefer strawberry or raspberry icecream; just because they choose one flavour over the other doesn't mean there is anything wrong with either.

Naturally, many riders will tease others over their choice of brand. In most cases its just good natured banter.

Like:
"What do you get if you cross a motorcycle with a joke?" "Well you get a Yamahahahahahaha."
or
"What's the fastest thing on the bottom of the ocean?" "Its a hippie pipi riding a paua sharky"

Indiana_Jones
25th August 2007, 21:46
Yea, just a running joke we seem to have going on. Like most companies, they make good and bad rides. :)

-Indy

paturoa
25th August 2007, 21:52
Nothing wrong with Honda's.... but their riders ???

erix
25th August 2007, 22:04
Yamahahahahahaha.....i see!
Found the song on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4522DcHiRPo

ajturbo
25th August 2007, 22:42
i have ridden most types of bikes... they all give me the shits..

now i ride a buell....do i need to say more?:blank:

Jantar
25th August 2007, 22:47
now i ride a buell... they all give me the shits..

....do i need to say more?:blank:

No, You have summed them up nicely. :whistle:

xwhatsit
25th August 2007, 22:49
they all give me the shits..

<hints id="hah_hints"></hints>I would've thought the vibes of a Harley engine would just exacerbate your irritable bowel syndrome?

McJim
25th August 2007, 23:00
Pretty much anything by Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki, Ducati, Triumph, Buell, Noto Guzzi or Aprilia will be fine depending on age and maintenance.

Anything assembled in Thailand, China or Korea should be approached with an open mind and preparation to replace parts sooner rather than later.

The running joke is Honda riders are gay, Suzuki riders are sheep with no individual will, Harley riders are generally accountants and lawyers that want to be bad boys but have too much money to be bad etc.

I ride a Ducati therefore I am a poser that likes capuccino. Okay so I happen to take a bit of pride in my appearance and won't say now to a flat white but one person doesn't prove a stereotype does it?

ajturbo
25th August 2007, 23:41
No, You have summed them up nicely. :whistle:

<HINTS id=hah_hints></HINTS>I would've thought the vibes of a Harley engine would just exacerbate your irritable bowel syndrome?

ok you 2...

:hug:

Zapf
26th August 2007, 00:23
Honda builds bikes like a good all round package. More so than the other makers. Hence they can be given the piss sometimes.... But look I own 3 hondas!

NighthawkNZ
26th August 2007, 00:39
Ive said it once I'll say it again... All hondas suck.... except mine...

Mekk
26th August 2007, 01:04
The running joke is Honda riders are gay, Suzuki riders are sheep with no individual will, Harley riders are generally accountants and lawyers that want to be bad boys but have too much money to be bad etc.

I ride a Ducati therefore I am a poser that likes capuccino. Okay so I happen to take a bit of pride in my appearance and won't say now to a flat white but one person doesn't prove a stereotype does it?

Nothing on Yamaha? Must be the best.