PDA

View Full Version : Which day do you think? Opinions wanted please.

Aa7
28th August 2007, 12:37
i was reading through the thread about how long everyone has held a learner license for and I decided that I should pull finger and sit the test so I went and booked my test at the AA. Upon reading through the forms I came across this paragraph regarding the tests and wanted to get everyone here on the KB forums theoretical opinion on what day they think would be the final day for a cancellation.

Here is the paragraph word for word from the form…
"If you do not advise your driver licensing agent of a cancellation or change at least 2 working days (excludes weekends and public holidays) before the date of your appointments, the fee will not be refunded."

So my question is, if the test was theoretically booked for a Wednesday morning/afternoon. What day, after reading the paragraph above would you say was the last day that a test could be cancelled. Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday or Friday?

sunhuntin
28th August 2007, 12:52
monday?

MSTRS
28th August 2007, 13:01
I'll bet AA says Friday before.

Nasty
28th August 2007, 13:02
Its simple .. don't think of cancelling ... organise it for a time that suits and get other stuff to work around it. I did including my job - I turned up late that day. I did an 8 am appointment on a Friday.

skelstar
28th August 2007, 13:05
You could try asking the people that actually have the answer?!?!

Aa7
28th August 2007, 13:10
Doh! I should of mentioned in my first post that I have the right answer from AA and I'm not thinking of cancelling. I just wanted to see what the general consensus was from the forum members and how they dechipered the wording on the form. I'll post the answer up in a few days after there have been a few more answers from forum members

peasea
28th August 2007, 13:46
Doh! I should of mentioned in my first post that I have the right answer from AA and I'm not thinking of cancelling. I just wanted to see what the general consensus was from the forum members and how they dechipered the wording on the form. I'll post the answer up in a few days after there have been a few more answers from forum members

Any day ending in 'y' the week before.

Coldrider
28th August 2007, 15:28
Would the answer be how many days it takes AA staff to do 2 days work, I say the Monday the week before the appointment on the following Wednesday.
PS Getting your licence is more important than anything else in life.:soon:

Maha
28th August 2007, 15:37
I'll bet AA says Friday before.

You are probably right (this time) John.....but im guessing the Thursday before..:whistle:

Sniper
28th August 2007, 15:41
You want to get technical, work in 24 hour blocks. I would argue that as long as its 48 hrs prior to the time of the test, you should be OK

Boob Johnson
28th August 2007, 17:41
Put us out of our misery already!

Jantar
28th August 2007, 18:05
The clueis in the wording "at least 2 working days (excludes weekends and public holidays) before the date of your appointments". Note the word DATE. This means no later than close of business on friday for a wednesday appointment.

Winston001
28th August 2007, 18:18
Friday - provided Monday or Tuesday aren't public holidays.

Curious_AJ
28th August 2007, 21:43
i think it'd be friday... i did my test on a friday, and they said that the last day i could cancel was the tuseday.