PDA

View Full Version : Missing bikes Uni area

klyong82
30th August 2007, 18:21
Hi all,

Not sure if you are aware that in the last week there been bikes stolen at the uni motorcycle parks. There was a green ZXR400 been stolen on Symond St. and a CBR250 with Tyga bodykit nicked at AUT's St. Paul St. motorcycle parking.

Obviously there might be a syndicate behind this so uni students please take safety precautions where you park your bikes at uni and make sure to secure it in any way you can. If you see unusual activities at the bike park report to someone or ask questions!!

Initially I thought these s.o.b were targeting 250 or 400cc bikes but Nish has just told me that an Aprillia RSVR 1000cc belonging to a lecturer was also nicked (they cost nearly $30,000 new). So these ba**tards are pretty much stealing whatever they can get their hands on.

If we catch them in the act I think they need a good lesson:ar15::spanking: before handing them to the cops.
So take care all.

SlashWylde
30th August 2007, 20:01
If we catch them in the act I think they need a good lesson:ar15::spanking: before handing them to the cops.

What's that you say? Hold their faces against a hot muffler?

Hmm, I'm thinking that's probably illegal, but certainly a just punishment.

klyong82
30th August 2007, 20:14
What's that you say? Hold their faces against a hot muffler?

Hmm, I'm thinking that's probably illegal, but certainly a just punishment.

Been a chinese the punishment i had in my mind was using a pair of chopsticks and breaking every single bone on the fingers if you know what I mean...haha..

fireliv
30th August 2007, 20:19
Damn thats terrible!!!!!!

I hope you catch the bastards!!!!!!!!! I would be gutted if it was my Jessie.

Good luck getting them back

breakaway
30th August 2007, 21:20
Were the bikes which got stolen actually secured in any way?

skidMark
30th August 2007, 21:23
somebody needs to set them up some undercover cops...thjat actually loook like people not cops...follow them back...probably find a massive garage full of bikes...

klyong82
30th August 2007, 21:35
Were the bikes which got stolen actually secured in any way?

No, I think the bikes were just parked there & it is a case of two people picking the bike and loading it into a ute etc.

Squiggles
30th August 2007, 22:18
Nish has just told me that an Aprillia RSVR 1000cc belonging to a lecturer was also nicked (they cost nearly $30,000 new).

knew about that one, was always going to happen with it being parked long ways right next to the roadside, not locked to anything... they probably just pulled up in a truck, lifted it in and burned off in under 60 seconds

be smart with your parking, even just a disklock or a cable one could cause enough hassle to put anyone off taking your bike

perhaps we should aim for a a couple of cams aimed out at the street? dont know if the uni has any security cams :mellow:

McJim
30th August 2007, 22:19
And when these perpertrators turn up in A&E with 'srehtorB owT' burnt into their faces, every bone in their hands snapped by chopstick and burnouts having been performed on their nuts who do you think the coppers will come looking for?

SlashWylde
30th August 2007, 22:31
And when these perpertrators turn up in A&E with 'srehtorB owT' burnt into their faces, every bone in their hands snapped by chopstick and burnouts having been performed on their nuts who do you think the coppers will come looking for?

Oohh! Oohh! I know the answer to this one! It's... ummm.... yeah, it'll be the guy who did the burn out. For sustained loss of traction.

skidMark
30th August 2007, 22:32
yeah that rsv 1000 was always in a silly place, but what the hell all these people around and nobody does anything?

Macstar
30th August 2007, 22:54
I was paranoid about getting my bike pinched from uni so I bought a disc lock and a steel chain covered in some sort of kevlar-type cloth (aparently hacksaw proof). Cost over $200 and weighed about 6kgs. I used to leave the chain locked around a street post at uni cause it was too heavy to cart around daily. Then one day some bastard stole my chain lock!!!! I figured it was either the Akl city council or some drunk students that lifted it up over the top of the sign post (would have taken two people to get that high). I couldn't believe it - but then I got full motorycle insurance for $270.... Be quite good actually if someone pinched my bike - provided I got a full payout, then I could buy this bad boy:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=115995267

motorbyclist
31st August 2007, 00:04
oh, and a few weeks back while i was borrowing my dad's r6 we think someone had a go at the ignition. bit strange really as i parked right outside the main entrance to the engineering school: you'd think somebody would've noticed and reported it

yeah that rsv 1000 was always in a silly place, but what the hell all these people around and nobody does anything?

lol i always thought it would get clipped by some retard in a car/bus

ehab2weelr
31st August 2007, 11:26
ok as i am well known to the smc im gana organise a meeting some time when im free try to get as many people to show up. and disscus the mater. taking into consideration the value of bikes niked. and the idea of installing camras. and well talk 2 uni and try getn somthn done bout it. cos i for one would h8 it if i go and find my bayby gone. even though i have full insurence...
sory for ur loss to those who lost.......
hope u all had insurance and hope 2 c u riding soon :Punk:

boostin
31st August 2007, 11:34
Go in to the security desk and see if they have any cameras covering symonds street, I know that they do have cameras around the place.

The security desk is on that road that leads up to the new business school, down behind HSB. If you can't find it ask any security gaurd wondering around.

HungusMaximist
31st August 2007, 14:22
Double Post...

HungusMaximist
31st August 2007, 14:23
Fuck, this is just unbelieveable.

People just nicking bikes all these bikes. :eek:

Definitely some sort of action plan must be put in place ASAP to stop these cunts.

Let me know how it works out aye Kim.

But then again, is it also down to your own responsibility in putting protective measures on your bike.

There's also a thread on KB where some guy is selling alarms under $100. Heaps of people have bought it and it's frikking good. Do a search and ask around.

Hanne
31st August 2007, 15:11
Hi all,

Not sure if you are aware that in the last week there been bikes stolen at the uni motorcycle parks. There was a green ZXR400 been stolen on Symond St. and a CBR250 with Tyga bodykit nicked at AUT's St. Paul St. motorcycle parking.

Shit! I knew about the Aprilia, but THREE bikes in a week??
Usually there are so many bikes along symonds street that if you lock the steering it is impossible to get your bike out without taking out several others parked beside you. I guess it would be a lot easier in the mid semester break, though, less camoflague = less security.

motorbyclist
31st August 2007, 19:02
cos i for one would h8 it if i go and find my bayby gone. even though i have full insurence...

i would hate to have either of my my babies nicked...

there's just so many hours invested in them and i know them inside out, finding a replacement and starting all over again is not a nice thought:no:

bomma
31st August 2007, 19:09
fyi: im gonna be keepin a big spanner and a sledge hammer so if you see any one giving any bikes the "eye' gimme a text or a call and we'll go give him the "bash"

motorbyclist
31st August 2007, 19:19
fyi: im gonna be keepin a big spanner and a sledge hammer so if you see any one giving any bikes the "eye' gimme a text or a call and we'll go give him the "bash"

uh, i just use my helmet.... it gets a bit of momentum uout there at the end of your arm:msn-wink:

that and i buy gloves with solid knuckle armour, and have found a new use for the caribinas on my keychain :whistle:

Grub
31st August 2007, 19:28
ok as i am well known to the smc im gana organise a meeting some time when im free try to get as many people to show up. and disscus the mater. taking into consideration the value of bikes niked. and the idea of installing camras. and well talk 2 uni and try getn somthn done bout it. cos i for one would h8 it if i go and find my bayby gone. even though i have full insurence...
sory for ur loss to those who lost.......
hope u all had insurance and hope 2 c u riding soon :Punk:

There seems to be something going weird with your keyboard. Only half the letters are getting posted, making the words come out all funny.

bomma
31st August 2007, 19:30
uh, i just use my helmet.... it gets a bit of momentum uout there at the end of your arm:msn-wink:

yea but helmets are worth soo much and theyre not very protective after too many knocks...a sledge hammer also looks a lot better as a weapon :devil2:

erix
31st August 2007, 20:50

I've got your number!!! Calling you for extra helper should be a very good idea! Given that you must have lots other bikers number too....:2thumbsup:

Sorry for the lost bikes! Hope they are all insured. I once left my keys on my bike for more than 2 hours before I realize it and ran to the bike. I always think uni should be a safe place to park, I dont even bother using my disclock at uni. seems I should start using them from now on.:oi-grr:

obstacle
31st August 2007, 21:28
I dont even bother using my disclock at uni. seems I should start using them from now on.:oi-grr:

This is what I was wondering - how many of these stolen bikes are alarmed or using disk locks, or even just the old chain through the wheels?

I was having this chat with a mate the other day and I suspect that all it would take to steal a bike would be to use the screwdriver like they do in cars and you've got yourself a bike. Maybe i'm wrong, i don't know how a motorbike ignition works but i'd think it'd be much the same as a car...

klyong82
31st August 2007, 21:50
This is what I was wondering - how many of these stolen bikes are alarmed or using disk locks, or even just the old chain through the wheels?

I was having this chat with a mate the other day and I suspect that all it would take to steal a bike would be to use the screwdriver like they do in cars and you've got yourself a bike. Maybe i'm wrong, i don't know how a motorbike ignition works but i'd think it'd be much the same as a car...

You could probably use a screw driver for older bikes but modern 600 and 1000cc bikes are fitted with some form of ignition immobiliser HISS etc. I am pretty sure that Aprillia had one.

I have a disc lock for my bike but the only thing I am worried is people picking up bikes and loading it onto UTE and drive off. Perhaps might be good to invest in a Xena disc lock has built in 105db alarm. Anyone has one?

erix
1st September 2007, 01:11
I have a disc lock for my bike but the only thing I am worried is people picking up bikes and loading it onto UTE and drive off. Perhaps might be good to invest in a Xena disc lock has built in 105db alarm. Anyone has one?

Yeah, the disclock is useless if these bastards use UTE:nono:. But for the chain method, finding a proper thing to chain with can be a problem.
The best solution I can think of now is find a mate who has similar time schedule at uni, then chain your bike with your mates. Share the keys(and even share the cost of the fxxk expensive but strong chain). This can make the bastards think twice (or more than twice, I hope most of these low life bastard doesnt even have brain) as they will have to move two bikes at the same time.:crazy:

And SMC should be the perfect place to finding your "The other half" of you.:lol:

motorbyclist
1st September 2007, 01:47
the trick is to make your bike slightly less appealing than the ones parked either side lol

sAsLEX
1st September 2007, 03:59

You can hotwire an NC30 in about 5 secs with a paperclip, not sure how hard the steering lock would be to force

ehab2weelr
1st September 2007, 11:28
There seems to be something going weird with your keyboard. Only half the letters are getting posted, making the words come out all funny.

hahahah :rolleyes:. sorry man, just so used to txt language. ill do my best to mack sure i dont skip letters. :niceone:
and allso uni keybords are useless... too many people use them and they start to breake down. hah

Aitch
1st September 2007, 11:36
I despise thieves!!!!!! Lazy useless gutless morons...........tazer's too good for them!!!!!