PDA

View Full Version : SHIPPING BIKE AUCKLAND TO SYDNEY - need help

jade
30th August 2007, 21:28
Hey hows it going, just being doing a bit of a search but still unanswered questions...
i am looking at taking my bike from auckland to sydney early next year and want to hear from people with experience shipping their pride and joy??
What is involved in getting the bike to comply once in australia ??
Is it difficult ?
What sort of costs could be expected for shipping and compliance ?
How long might it take from auckland to sydney or auckland to brisbane??
and also I would like some links to some good shipping companies

thanx in advance

Ewan Oozarmy
31st August 2007, 13:10
I did a lot of research regarding shipping my bike and car from the UK to NZ before I moved over last year and in my case it really wasn't worth it. It worked out far cheaper and saved masses of hassel in both cases to sell the vehicles prior to leaving and buy the same ones here.

Now that did have something to do with the UK-NAD exchange rates and the 12,000 miles shipping distance, so probably not much use to you :)

Good luck, by the way.....

janno
31st August 2007, 13:58
PM eyetie on this site, or in case he isn't on for a while, email r.meade@sdv.com

He organised shipping my bike and gear from Brisbane to New Plymouth two weeks ago and it was a breeze. Very reasonably priced, too. Mention kiwibiker and he might be able to help you.

jade
31st August 2007, 19:14
Were your goods in the same condition you left them with ?

Grumpy Gnomb
31st August 2007, 19:16
Why dont you pm jetboy as he is a broker and will probably know how do help you

janno
31st August 2007, 19:51
Were your goods in the same condition you left them with ?

Me?

Everything was perfect. But I know how to pack stuff, so I wasn't tempting fate.

I would highly recommend SDV, it was amazingly easy, and super quick. Bike by sea, two weeks door to door. Personal effects by air, cos I only had 1.5cube metres, four days. They did all the customs!!

Then bike to the testing station, and away I went.

pritch
4th September 2007, 17:58
There was a thing in Kiwibiker a year or two back.

Somebody took a bike to Brisbane to tour Oz. Had to spend more time in Brisbane than budgeted running across town and back from one Govt department to another. Each visit brought another set of charges...

Really, it'd be good to find someone who has actually done this. Failing that, the AA might be able to help...

If you are visiting it would probably be easier to hire.
If you're moving - good luck.

sAsLEX
4th September 2007, 23:09
Ask K14 he is shipping his bike to Aus and back soon

duckonin
5th September 2007, 15:55
Get intouch with the owner of (Road and Sport M/C) in Hamilton he takes his bikes to Aus...

fredie
9th September 2007, 22:07
i need all the help i can get:clap: