PDA

View Full Version : Cost of couriers

Coyote
1st September 2007, 17:54
I've seen 'something I'm not willing to let others know about for fears of a bidding war' on trademe. It's in Hamilton and I want it sent down to Upper Hutt or at least a depot in Wellington. I've looked up on the courier sites to see how much it'd cost, but they're very cagey on price. I've found out it's be "two sectors / >150km" and "requires a base ticket and 4-12 extra tickets" but they will not say how much a 'ticket' is.

The only useful info I've found is the maximum weight of 25kg's, which might mean I need to send 2 packages. Can anyone give me a rough idea on courier costs? Do you know who's best to deal with slightly larger packages? Cheers.

MyGSXF
1st September 2007, 18:07
I buy & sell a lot on TM. I generally always use NZ Post, as they are the cheapest!

I have sent bike tyres.. & also a 4 person tent & 2 blowup airbeds in a parcel.. no worries.

Go to the NZ POst website. www.nzpost.co.nz & look up their parcel sizes/prices.

According to the pamphlet I have in front of me now.. max cost for a parcel weighing between 20 - 25kg.. for within an Island, but over 150ks.. is $21.45!! :Punk: (how far is Hamilton to Upper Hutt??? as under 150ks is only $9.95!!)

Their max dimension formula:

length = 1.05m
length + girth = 2.5m
volume (length x width x height) = 0.125m3

Max weight: 25kg

Hope this helps!!

Jen :rockon:

Coyote
1st September 2007, 18:35
I buy & sell a lot on TM. I generally always use NZ Post, as they are the cheapest!

I have sent bike tyres.. & also a 4 person tent & 2 blowup airbeds in a parcel.. no worries.

Go to the NZ POst website. www.nzpost.co.nz & look up their parcel sizes/prices.

According to the pamphlet I have in front of me now.. max cost for a parcel weighing between 20 - 25kg.. for within an Island, but over 150ks.. is $21.45!! :Punk: (how far is Hamilton to Upper Hutt??? as under 150ks is only $9.95!!)

Their max dimension formula:

length = 1.05m
length + girth = 2.5m
volume (length x width x height) = 0.125m3

Max weight: 25kg

Hope this helps!!

Jen :rockon:
Cheers. Forgot to look them up, they actually have prices (shock horror). Upper Hutt in just north of Wellington. I'm not sure about dimensions and weight, I'll have to ask the seller but I'm guessing it'll be around $30-40 in total for 2 parcels.

However I might be cheeky and ask for some help off KB. I'm sure someone on their way to Manfeild would take it there for me to pick up possibly for a ride on it.

All this is providing I win the auction of course.

MyGSXF
1st September 2007, 18:46
All this is providing I win the auction of course.

Good luck!! :Punk:

Coyote
1st September 2007, 19:11
Good luck!! :Punk:
Cheers

I've just found out a minimoto bike is 95x50x57cm so a fair bit over the maximum demensions for a courier company. I'm gonna have to look elsewhere :wacko: Should I deal with Mainfreight or the likes of them?

Mully
1st September 2007, 20:30
Try ECL, Express Cargo Ltd.

Can't be bothered finding their number, but give them a call.