PDA

View Full Version : Minimoto

Coyote
4th October 2004, 17:31
Those minimoto bikes look like really good fun. Have any of youse got one, I'ld like to know what you think of them, worth getting one?

Bleck K6
4th October 2004, 18:21
Those minimoto bikes look like really good fun. Have any of youse got one, I'ld like to know what you think of them, worth getting one?
A few of us went & test rode some at MT Wellington go kart track a couple of years ago(I think DEATH was with us to)
They were really good fun but I would prefer to go for a decent road ride in the weekends than spend the money on 1 of those.
Back then I thought if I was to get into cheap racing I would have bought a rg150 , That would be a hoot.
Does anyone know if they still have the 150 class?

Coyote
4th October 2004, 18:27
The 150 class is called Streetstock. The VIC club is adding 250 4 strokes into the class aswell. I hope to get a 250 and join in.

Wenier
4th October 2004, 18:38
a mate of mine has one he lives out upper hutt way. they took it down to the boy racer night at riverbank. He rides an R6 he may have seen him.

Bleck K6
4th October 2004, 18:40
The 150 class is called Streetstock. The VIC club is adding 250 4 strokes into the class aswell. I hope to get a 250 and join in.
Sounds like the way to go, I think it would be a cheaper & more enjoyable way to get into racing than the minimotos.

Blakamin
4th October 2004, 18:44
BUCKETS!!!!

scroter
5th October 2004, 13:21

i double teamed on a mates one for an endurance race at Tokoroa. As im not as flexible as the front runners i could only get my feet flat on the pegs so every time i went round a corner my boots were flat on the ground. this left me about mid to rear of the pack. so i started messin around doin wheelies every time i hit a straight. i didnt land one right and flipped the bike. too big grazes and small damage to the bike(worst was kill switch wire ripped off).

would i do it again, doubtful there too hard to ride and no were near as much fun as the road bike.

oh and i was the wrost injury of the day...... until some chick broke her leg.