PDA

View Full Version : Whangarei ride pictures: Sept 1st

HungusMaximist
2nd September 2007, 19:55
Here ya go boys and girls, the photos of yesterdays right up to Whangarei.

The good news was we all managed to get up Whanga and back before nightfall.:sunny:

The bad news, Luke's one month old R6 crashed on a right hand corner on state highway 16. :shit:

I can't tell you how it happened as I was a few bikes behind Luke but by the time I got around the right hand bend all I saw all this blue bike on the left hand side of the road.

So I quickly stopped and rushed to to see what the hell happened. His bike was lying in a pool of engine oil on the left hand side of the road, and Luke well, was pretty tattered but not broken. We quickly helped him push his bike onto the other side of the road and found a even ground to examine his bike.

Luckily, for Luke he took a small beating compared to his bike, he received a few grazes here and there *phew. But as for the bike, it had bent forks, your usual tank dents, road rash, missing indicators, and the engine was leaking oil.

The next thing was gonna have to be a 'towie' but it was a coincidence that a local dad taking his kids bout for a walk bumped into us, he offered to let us store the bike in his barn until we can sort our shit out. What a good chump aye, and after we pushed his bike back in the man's barn I asked Luke what actually happened. He mentioned hitting a fucken 'pot hole', and the thing he knew, he lost his turning line and ended up in the ditches.

Good thing that the slow pack eventually arrived and they all parked their bikes just before that fucken pot hole. A near miss for Issac when he hit that pot hole also, because he nearly had his g/f at the back bounce off.

In the end, Luke managed to get his dad to bring his trailer. He has insurance so good on em on that but fuck, a month into his ownership, then binning on a shit corner with a pot hole.

Futhermore, that local dad mentioned that bend was notorious for taking people out and leaving them in his paddock. Think it's a good time to call up the district council and get em to fix that hole.

Here are before and after shots of the R6.

carbacca
2nd September 2007, 20:06
i took a pic of the pothole. its bloody effing huge

HungusMaximist
2nd September 2007, 20:07
Here's a few photos of the bend and where his bike was lying. The last photo show a straight down shot, the brown stuff is dirt, to soak up the oil.

Notice the pool of murky shit on the road, that was where his bike was lying in, it was a pool of engine oil. As for luke, I think he landed in the ditch. His helmet took a beating, visor flew off but received no concussion.

So you any of you hero riders, watch out!

Macstar
2nd September 2007, 20:18
There were a few trecherous sections heading north (that pothole for one that attributed to the R6's demise) and that huge unavoidable 4 inch lip across a whole lane from the road sinking. Did anyone else have problems with that, or was it just the lost guys that went too far north?

Fortunately I got to see the SV guy slam in to it first (it threw him off his foot pegs) so I was able to brace myself for it - but even then the impact was so severe at 70-80kph I thought I was gonna blow my forks out!

But in saying that - thanks again guys for another good ride and I was happy to have a chance to hang back with the learners and watch them tackle the northern roads. Following Squiggles line probably helped, but overall I thought the learner bunch looked really good out there - no one was slamming on the brakes half way through corners or swerving radically - smooth riding all round - good stuff.

HungusMaximist
2nd September 2007, 20:20
Here it is...

HungusMaximist
2nd September 2007, 20:31
And finally here's all the general photos.

One on Symonds St of Nish, Issac and Kim. Both of ya looking staunch while Nish gives his talk. :bleh:

BP in Kumeu.

And the rest of the crew outside Burger King in Whangarei.

Raj's scratched R6 - long story short - it happened in his garage!

klyong82
2nd September 2007, 20:41
There were a few trecherous sections heading north (that pothole for one that attributed to the R6's demise) and that huge unavoidable 4 inch lip across a whole lane from the road sinking. Did anyone else have problems with that, or was it just the lost guys that went too far north?

Fortunately I got to see the SV guy slam in to it first (it threw him off his foot pegs) so I was able to brace myself for it - but even then the impact was so severe at 70-80kph I thought I was gonna blow my forks out!

I hit another pot-hole about 100km/h between Dragaville and Whangarei and it gave sort of an electro-shock to my wrist as though it was gonna break. I was worried whether was my wheel rim bent. fortunately nothing so far.

Bren
2nd September 2007, 20:54
Flippin'eck...ya can fill that drum roll with water and call it a friggin swimmin hole!

klyong82
2nd September 2007, 21:04
Here are my pics for the ride. I snapped pictures of bikes this time.

Check out the green 07 zx6r. Don't you just love green.....

HungusMaximist
2nd September 2007, 21:06
I hit another pot-hole about 100km/h between Dragaville and Whangarei and it gave sort of an electro-shock to my wrist as though it was gonna break. I was worried whether was my wheel rim bent. fortunately nothing so far.

Ha. That was most probably the massive lip in the fucken road. It was just horrendous. I thought my front was gonna go bust after I hit that.

Some dude (can't remember his name) on the White/Red CBR had a chat to me about that in Burger King, he actually got a bit of free air from that lip. His front must have flew up and did a bunny hop. :lol:

I couldn't believe how much broken and uneven surfaces there were on that ride.

Our detour through Dargaville was funny yet stupid. It had nice long straights, but it got really boring very quickly.

carbacca
2nd September 2007, 21:10
you guys when to dargaville?? wtf you were THAT lost??

klyong82
2nd September 2007, 21:11
Ha. That was most probably the massive lip in the fucken road. It was just horrendous. I thought my front was gonna go bust after I hit that.

Some dude (can't remember his name) on the White/Red CBR had a chat to me about that in Burger King, he actually got a bit of free air from that lip. His front must have flew up and did a bunny hop. :lol:

Our detour through Dargaville was funny yet stupid. It had nice long straights, but it got really boring very quickly.

Yes the detour was fun. I was trying to keep up with Lance but he was flying in the wind....haha you should see his footwork as he attacks the bends.

klyong82
2nd September 2007, 21:13
you guys when to dargaville?? wtf you were THAT lost??

well the road was so good that we just had to continue.

carbacca
2nd September 2007, 21:15
haha thast two weeks in a row i had to leave the group and then something interesting happens. i miss all the fun as it seems

HungusMaximist
2nd September 2007, 21:23
Didn't we over take you on our way up to Whangarei?

Haha.... j/ks...

klyong82
2nd September 2007, 21:25
Didn't we over take you on our way up to Whangarei?

Haha.... j/ks...

Yes we overtook u on the way to wellsford and the crazy white altezza was behind our backs all the way. That was fun

ehab2weelr
2nd September 2007, 21:26
i blame nish for that....:rolleyes:
he whent to check out the root before...and didnt spot that swimming pool....:pinch:
good eye bra...so much for putting my life in ur hands...:Pokey:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahah

EJK
2nd September 2007, 23:22
2nd photo from the left: We got a man down! lol

Jahdafario
3rd September 2007, 00:03
aww I'm so gutted I missed that ride, I think I saw a VTR or 2 in those photo's :), go the lil v-twins, (i swear they sound like farm quad bikes).. sad aye... :(,

better be a next week ride, oo look at that, its 12.02
This week,

anything planned for 8th/9th September??

motorbyclist
3rd September 2007, 18:02
aww I'm so gutted I missed that ride, I think I saw a VTR or 2 in those photo's :), go the lil v-twins, (i swear they sound like farm quad bikes).. sad aye... :(,

better be a next week ride, oo look at that, its 12.02
This week,

anything planned for 8th/9th September??

see the thread, suggest a ride

edit: ride in that thread is no longer to new plymouth, suggestions welcome, i've suggested the roads out to piha and/or bethels with lunch on the beach

bomma
3rd September 2007, 21:39
i blame nish for that....:rolleyes:
he whent to check out the root before...and didnt spot that swimming pool....:pinch:
good eye bra...so much for putting my life in ur hands...:Pokey:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahah

lol aint my fault i went up through helensvile when i went up to whangarei on tuesday....was rajs idea to skip past helensville!!

surprised u didnt go down too ehab....thought you might have made a habit of it :lol:

ehab2weelr
4th September 2007, 13:05
surprised u didnt go down too ehab....thought you might have made a habit of it :lol:

yea i thought abut it.... but i just cant afford another bin for some time :whistle:.
might do soon though....:clap:

2wheeljunkie
4th September 2007, 15:46
yeaa i wanna ride..f**k this sucks big time..as soon as i get my bike someone better be organising a ride..and somewhere far too.! :banana:

Chrislost
5th September 2007, 15:20
i found a pothole that looks similar to the one in the photo.
it didnt seem that big and i even rode through it twice to check if it would throw me off or not.
i think that if it moved 20m along the road i could use it as an excuse but where it is it didnt seem able to throw me into the ditch:wari:
mind you a vfr is alot slower then a R6

bomma
5th September 2007, 15:40
i found a pothole that looks similar to the one in the photo.
it didnt seem that big and i even rode through it twice to check if it would throw me off or not.
i think that if it moved 20m along the road i could use it as an excuse but where it is it didnt seem able to throw me into the ditch:wari:
mind you a vfr is alot slower then a R6

if u want a bin u shud send ehab thru it :lol:

Chrislost
5th September 2007, 17:27
He dosnt want to ride with me because he thinks that the vfr with one bar is too fast for him.
he dosnt know how slow i actually are

motorbyclist
5th September 2007, 17:47
i even rode through it twice to check if it would throw me off or not.

:rofl:

and if it did?

2wheeljunkie
5th September 2007, 23:58
chris shud be our safety hazard guy..send him on the rides first soo he can tell us where pot holes and other potential hazards are b4 we embark on rides..thanks chris..:Punk:

ehab2weelr
6th September 2007, 12:05
He dosnt want to ride with me because he thinks that the vfr with one bar is too fast for him.
he dosnt know how slow i actually are

o no no. i would ride with u, i just dont wana be tacken out by u when u bin the vfr on one of those potholes..:laugh: :bleh:

2wheeljunkie
6th September 2007, 14:34
i will ride behind u chris..and if we have to tow yer bike, the scooter will come in handy..its 50cc but its got heaps of torque....:buggerd:

bikerboy011
13th September 2007, 19:55

That was me on the Red/Black CBR... :rolleyes:

Yes the detour was fun. I was trying to keep up with Lance but he was flying in the wind....haha you should see his footwork as he attacks the bends.

ahahhaha lmao:cool: i guess i improved:lol:, i think i should go to a track day maybe next year when i upgrade:cool: