PDA

View Full Version : First solo

Ange!
2nd September 2007, 20:18
YAHOO! have done my first solo ride on new bike, from Timaru to folks in Moeraki - what a blast. Encountered roadworks with deep grit, car accident at Waitaki bridge - police towey but nil else so first taste of being stuck in a line of traffic then slow riding - then off on the staights to Oamaru passin the odd one or two. Got to Oamaru round 3.30pm and bottle necks ++ at round abouts and the one set of lights (god get me out of here!). Roads south of Oamaru Fab twisty and hills and very familiar, comming over the Herbert hill was bliss I could see home. Negotiated the gravelly dipping steep road (never noticed before how forbidding it looked - funny that) then up on to the pavers of the driveway - made it 1 1/2 hrs I'm on my way!! :yes:

Lteejay
3rd September 2007, 14:59
Wow - impressive for your first solo ride - good on ya.

Keystone19
3rd September 2007, 15:11
Good on you Ange - great effort! There'll be no stopping you now!

rossi
3rd September 2007, 15:44
well done on the ride :2thumbsup

Macktheknife
3rd September 2007, 16:14
Awesome, well done, sounds like you had fun too.

Str8 Jacket
3rd September 2007, 16:38
Awesome Ange! :niceone: Its a neat feeling, eh!

surfchick
3rd September 2007, 17:18
oh no now you're addicted :love:
corners
corners
corners
corners
corners
corners
corners
corners:love:

McDuck
5th September 2007, 10:33
lol congrats 1
i will soon be riding...
(altho i am going to make my first ride 3hrs plus..)
1.5 hurs is good for a 'girl'
(i am running away now.....)

Mrs Oakie
24th September 2007, 20:10
I know what you mean. That first "big" ride in the big wide world gives you a great sense of accomplishment. Mine was from Chch to Temuka! It was action packed but that is another story and Mr Oakie was proud of the way that I handled all the action. It is our together time and just gives you a huge sense of freedom from stresses of everyday living. I am so annoyed i didn't get back into riding sooner. But summer is coming and I can go for a jaunt after work and tea. Can't wait. Oh and don't diss Oamaru, it is our home town!!! Nah only kidding could not live there again, traffic light or not!!!!!

Bren
24th September 2007, 20:32
Good on ya girl....you deserve a speights to wash the bugs outta your teeth...

Hopefully I will be up and running soon....cross fingers and might see ya on the flip side....

BMW
25th September 2007, 06:48
Thats a dam good ride for a first one on ya own!

Now you will be out all the time!

Good one!

NighthawkNZ
25th September 2007, 07:09
Congrates on your first time out... it only gets better... yup the twisties can be addictive can't they :baby: The trick is not to get over confident on them while still building that confidence.... sounds funny but seen it happen many times (even with experienced riders)

Any way relax and have fun:banana:

Trudes
25th September 2007, 07:10
Awesome!! Well done to you!

Hawkeye
25th September 2007, 07:26
Brilliant..... Great first ride.:banana:

Well Done

Grub
25th September 2007, 07:50
Hey ange, that was a very cool route without all the roadworks, accidents and {gasp} traffic lights :) Bling to that girl!

Did you feel like you have entered a whole new world? A place where everything looks different and new and exciting? That's what gets us out on road trips most weekends

Ange!
2nd October 2007, 18:36
Yep love the independence - not experienced enough to take a pillion - so freedom :woohoo:. Don't really expect I'll ever be taking a pillion either! Used to adrenaline with horse competitions but this is wayyy different. Will have to temper my impatience as I re-read my above thread :yes: