PDA

View Full Version : Bucket racing advice wanted

Pumba
2nd September 2007, 21:05
Ok bear with me cause I dont really know what im talking about.

Now ive done a few trackdays and have kind of got addicted. Now knowing myself kind of well I know it will only be so long until I do somthing stupid and the SV (my pride and joy) goes for a slide into the kitty litter. Originally was thinking a 400 track bike of some description, but the thought of Buckets crossed my mind.

So can some of you with a bit of experience in this class tell me the best way to go about it. I know they race out at Mt Wellington Cart Track and next time they are racing I will be getting myself along to have a look, but in the mean time:

What type of bike should I be keeping my eyes open for?
What gear will I be needing?
What is an idea of cost?

Any suggestions/ideas/help/critisim/abuse (this is KB after all:laugh:) would be apreciated.

Buddha#81
2nd September 2007, 21:48
Here's a link to our club http://buckets.nzsbf.co.nz/ ,should tell you all ya need to know. I suggest you go out to Mt Welly and have a yack to the guys and girls racing.

Cost is all depending on what you have already in the way of gear and how flash a bike you want, weather you want a old shitter and do it up.

I thought they were generally around the 150cc ratings? wouldn't you be a little.. um... heavy (trying to be nice) to be anywhere near competitive on a 150?

I was tempted at one point, but a 6'5" bloke weighing 135Kgs ain't even worth looking at em.

ajturbo
2nd September 2007, 22:22
Any /critisim/abuse (this is KB after all:laugh:) would be apreciated.

ah ya tooser.. get a real fuckin life.. we all know that you ride like a nana.. and ya feet stink...
get back into ya cage/cave/puter .. and get a reality check...
this is the real world...

you suck....
and ya sister is not good at it....

ok?:second:

Skunk
2nd September 2007, 22:52
Get your arse to Mt Welly and ask the questions. I started with a road going AX100 and slowly got bits and pieces together until it went fast.

And stops too.

Pumba
3rd September 2007, 08:08
wouldn't you be a little.. um... heavy (trying to be nice) to be anywhere near competitive on a 150?

You mean my gut doesnt look to different to yours:dodge: anything is worth a try, that is why im asking questions first.

ah ya tooser.. get a real fuckin life.. we all know that you ride like a nana.. and ya feet stink...
get back into ya cage/cave/puter .. and get a reality check...
this is the real world...

you suck....
and ya sister is not good at it....

ok?:second:

For that effort you dont even deserve second place, as most of it is true:sweatdrop

Get your arse to Mt Welly and ask the questions. I started with a road going AX100 and slowly got bits and pieces together until it went fast.

And stops too.

Ok so step 1 wil be to get myself along to Mt Wellington, got it.

F5 Dave
3rd September 2007, 12:31
Yeah get out & do it, anyone who has seen Otang race knows that the momentum seems to worked pretty well for him. You're anout the same size as Hussy & he did pretty well. Damn good fun, look at the rules on the various sites. Buy a bike on TM & you're off.

http://amcc.org.nz/

SHELRACING
3rd September 2007, 19:54
Hey Pumba, the next meeting at Mt Welly is 29th and 30th September. Sat 29 is a practice day, Sunday is race day.

If you want to come down on the practice day we can find you a bike to do a few laps. Just bring some decent riding gear. Once you're hooked, and you will be, you'll need decent gear (leathers) and license to race. We can tell you all about that at the track.

Look forward to seeing ya there....

Fallofalot (Steve)

Grub
3rd September 2007, 20:01
So can some of you with a bit of experience in this class tell me the best way to go about it. .

Do NOT ask Wasp!

Should he offer any advice or insights, completely ignore them and do the opposite. You might just survive :)

dangerous
3rd September 2007, 20:18
What type of bike should I be keeping my eyes open for?
What gear will I be needing?
What is an idea of cost?

Any suggestions/ideas/help/critisim/abuse (this is KB after all:laugh:) would be apreciated.

suggestions.. do it
ideas........... honda
help............ there is no helping a bucket racer
critisim........ ride harder ya slow prick
abuse......... ya fat fucker (bet ya not as fat as our gav and I seen him race once)

As far as ya list goes check out my website that our other fat fucker Buddha posted up, its all in there re: gear, cost (but will difer up your way) and Id chose a Honda but if you are a Suzuki rider then get a suzuki, GPs go well but remember you can get a 100 going faster than a 125 due to restrictions.

Skunk
3rd September 2007, 20:23
ideas........... honda

WTF? Gays ride Hondas...

dangerous
3rd September 2007, 20:36
WTF? Gays ride Hondas...

Who pulled your bloody chain smelly? see ya on the 30th?

Pumba
3rd September 2007, 21:30
Hey Pumba, the next meeting at Mt Welly is 29th and 30th September. Sat 29 is a practice day, Sunday is race day.

If you want to come down on the practice day we can find you a bike to do a few laps. Just bring some decent riding gear. Once you're hooked, and you will be, you'll need decent gear (leathers) and license to race. We can tell you all about that at the track.

Look forward to seeing ya there....

Fallofalot (Steve)

Thanks mate, think I will be taking you up on your offer, will drop you a PM closer to the time.

Do NOT ask Wasp!

Should he offer any advice or insights, completely ignore them and do the opposite. You might just survive :)

Duely noted, I will not listen to Wasp:laugh:

As far as ya list goes check out my website

What website is this? All I was able to find is your hompage with lots of bucket photos:scratch:

WTF? Gays ride Hondas...

If the rumors turn out to be true:buggerd:

dangerous
3rd September 2007, 21:42
What website is this? All I was able to find is your hompage with lots of bucket photos:scratch:
:

No you bloody Dorklander, the link buddha posted http://buckets.nzsbf.co.nz/ on the left side is a selection of pages to flick through including what ya need etc, also the break down on what the classes are but remember things may differ slightly up your way this in our local club site.

Skunk
3rd September 2007, 22:31
Who pulled your bloody chain smelly? see ya on the 30th?
If AJ and Sketchy are going yes. I have no money so I'm using them to help pay.

dangerous
4th September 2007, 06:18
AJ is banned and Sketchy if flying down, try F5D or theres some one else cant remember who till they arive here.

ajturbo
4th September 2007, 07:55

well my cunning plan of doing an after hrs job... and using that money to go racing has shit it's self....

luke RG150 needs $300.00 to get him racing.... :pinch:

:crybaby:funny thats what i was going to use to go bucket racing...:crybaby:

Pumba
4th September 2007, 08:05
Here's a link to our club http://buckets.nzsbf.co.nz/ ,should tell you all ya need to know. I suggest you go out to Mt Welly and have a yack to the guys and girls racing.

Cost is all depending on what you have already in the way of gear and how flash a bike you want, weather you want a old shitter and do it up.

No you bloody Dorklander, the link buddha posted http://buckets.nzsbf.co.nz/ on the left side is a selection of pages to flick through including what ya need etc, also the break down on what the classes are but remember things may differ slightly up your way this in our local club site.

Ok, my bad I see it now:spanking:, you southerns never miss an opertunity to put the boot in, do ya:lol:

Sketchy_Racer
4th September 2007, 08:54
well my cunning plan of doing an after hrs job... and using that money to go racing has shit it's self....

luke RG150 needs $300.00 to get him racing.... :pinch:

:crybaby:funny thats what i was going to use to go bucket racing...:crybaby:

Common andy!

I cant find any cheep air fairs. So would rather be able to help to get andrew down. Oh and i think the chances of me racing my 125 next Vic round are very rare :(

dangerous
4th September 2007, 18:48
Common andy!

I cant find any cheep air fairs. So would rather be able to help to get andrew down. Oh and i think the chances of me racing my 125 next Vic round are very rare :(

See it will work out, you can ALL come bucketing the Puna way...

OHH Pumba, theres a cool wee bucket for sale in your neck of the woods here on KB, see the bike trader section, Id go for it (if the owner would answer my questions) and if it was viable to transport it.

Skunk
4th September 2007, 20:22
theres a cool wee bucket for sale in your neck of the woods here on KB, see the bike trader section, Id go for it (if the owner would answer my questions) and if it was viable to transport it.
I'd bring it down for ya! Cost of a ferry crossing... $480. Cheap as.
Edit $490 now... missed a cheap return fare.

ajturbo
4th September 2007, 20:46

oks....
sponorship deal for you Skunk...
$100.00...

BUT you have to let me use ya tools anytime... :woohoo:

dangerous
4th September 2007, 20:56

na na, the questions have now been answered...come on now do me a beter deal than that man :cold:

Pumba
4th September 2007, 21:06
OHH Pumba, theres a cool wee bucket for sale in your neck of the woods here on KB, see the bike trader section, Id go for it (if the owner would answer my questions) and if it was viable to transport it.

Thank dangerous, I prsume you mean this one http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=55696 I have been looking, the Hawkes Bay is still a little way from Auck

Sketchy_Racer
4th September 2007, 21:08
oks....
sponorship deal for you Skunk...
$100.00...

Sweet! we'll take it andy! :clap:

Skunk
4th September 2007, 21:46
I'm not really into charity.:o I should have had my shit sorted ages ago but you know my excuse.

I'd rather get another KBer down to the BoB than take a handout.

Sponsor Sketchy. ;)

Anyway - you know you can use my tools any time I'm not. :whistle:

ajturbo
5th September 2007, 14:26
I'm
Anyway - you know you can use my tools any time I'm not. :whistle:

and i do clean it... so skunk control wont get grumpy:innocent:

Grub
5th September 2007, 14:55

Indeed .... it was with some consternation that we noted on the weekend - you don't have any