PDA

View Full Version : My new gloves-Destroved.

FROSTY
4th October 2004, 23:09
I was bloody lucky when I crashed my 750 It wsn't untill i checked my gloves over that I realised how lucky id been.
There was a cut clean through two layers of leather and just scratched my palm on one glove. the other glove was smoothly ground away clean through the leather and the kevlar.
Hmm anyone riding without gloves?

LB
5th October 2004, 04:55
Holy shit Frosty: are these the gloves I sold you? I haven't caught up with the thread yet about you crashing.....

Two Smoker
5th October 2004, 05:56
Maybe its time to buy some Spidi Race Gloves..... Ive crashed in mine 3 times now and they are still sweet too use :niceone: just the $200 price is the problem :wacko:

Wenier
5th October 2004, 06:38
damn thats not to good. Sorry to hear bout the crash, and lucky ya hands are alright.

toads
5th October 2004, 06:50
sorry to hear you've had a crash Frosty, are you ok, bummer about the gloves, but you still have your hands!, hows the bike?

FROSTY
5th October 2004, 10:36
Holy shit Frosty: are these the gloves I sold you? I haven't caught up with the thread yet about you crashing.....
Lynda--yep they were indeedie the spidis ya sold me-um can I get a credit on em now :whistle:
Nahh kidding--hey its the nature of the beast -They did the job they were desighned to do and i can't ask for more than that .
TS--um well ya see they were actually a brand new pair of spidi's
Toads--Bikes pretty buggered cosmeticly. Damage so far is.
-busted top fairing. Mangled gfairing brackets. deep grazed RH fairing lower
Smashed but still complete LH fairing.
Both rear sidecovers cracked and damaged. Bent rear subframe, Broken tailight surround.Lh footpeg bracket cracked, Grazed muffler. Grazed fairing blade/screen. Bent handlebar ,busted brake lever. Twisted possibly bent forks.
Lucky for me I have a spare top fairing and brackets. It would be ridable now if I pulled my finger out and sorted it

Posh Tourer :P
5th October 2004, 12:52
You well and truly f***ed it then didnt ya....

And after all that work we did to make it go.... :bleh:

LB
6th October 2004, 03:51
Hi Frosty - got your voicemail yesterday - I'm just glad you're okay - highsides are nasty.

Kwaka-Kid
6th October 2004, 05:16
Hey Tony... Not sure how bad the damage is to the ZXR750 but if your in trouble for a top fairings and you have all the pieces i might be able to plastic weld it for you ? Even if you dont have all the pieces but want a backup one or something just let me know drop it off and give me a week and ill see all the plastic bits you need repaired, repaired.

P.S Sorry milky your ZXR400 stuff is still here but at least done, will definatly bring it around soon.

jazbug5
6th October 2004, 05:22
Bloody hell.

Glad you're ok. So: hopefully knocks come in threes, and you'll be ok from now on (touches wood).
Good luck sorting the bike.

SPman
6th October 2004, 05:33
Bloody hell.

Glad you're ok. So: hopefully knocks come in threes, and you'll be ok from now on (touches wood).
Good luck sorting the bike.
Knocks come in threes! If only.....

jazbug5
6th October 2004, 05:49
Look, mate- that's the flimsy straw I'm clutching to...!
*Now where's that rabbit foot...*
Are you coming to Tokaanu, SPman?
(sorry, :Offtopic: )

Two Smoker
6th October 2004, 06:09
Yeah i know they were those lightweight Spidi gloves, cost about $129 at Colemans.... Im talking about the Spidi Pro Race Gloves..... way stroger :niceone:

Get KK to plastic weld your fairings for some beers, he does a pretty good job, and the best thing is that he is cheap lol....

FROSTY
6th October 2004, 07:25
yea itsd a pity cos I had so much feel through the controls with em on.
Mind you -you guys gave me so much mike jacks on shite about em I was bound to destroy em lol