PDA

View Full Version : Biker down threads - merged from another thread

Katman
4th September 2007, 19:31
he is first and foremost a bikie.

I don't get this. Why is it that some motorcyclists think riding a motorcycle places an individual higher than anyone else. Newsflash - arseholes ride bikes too. (And I'm not refering to the cop in question, merely responding to the quote).

Street Gerbil
4th September 2007, 19:35
I don't get this. Why is it that some motorcyclists think riding a motorcycle places an individual higher than anyone else.

Please, not now. This question was raised and addressed on this forum many times in the past.

MotoGirl
4th September 2007, 19:36
I don't get this. Why is it that some motorcyclists think riding a motorcycle places an individual higher than anyone else. Newsflash - arseholes ride bikes too. (And I'm not refering to the cop in question, merely responding to the quote).

:Oi: Arseholes may also ride bikes, but this doesn't mean we should be any less compassionate when they are involved in a serious accident.

Usarka
4th September 2007, 19:44

arseholes post on internet forums too.....

quickbuck
4th September 2007, 20:00
arseholes post on internet forums too.....

Yep,
Even this one.

Come on guys, this thread is for the Biker Cop that has binned in the course of his duty.
Have a heart.

There is likely to be a close family who are spending tonight hoping for some good news from their partner/ Husband/ dad who didn't come home tonight.

Katman
4th September 2007, 20:18
Katana's too it seems... go and have a wee think about it man, come back when you relise this is a bike forum.

Like I said, I was refering to the quote "above all else he's a bikie". What part of my response don't you understand?

Katman
4th September 2007, 20:38
So if Chris Kahui rode a motorcycle, he'd be your 'brother'? Gimme a break!

scumdog
4th September 2007, 20:40

It would be nice if everybody would keep on topic......

Mom
4th September 2007, 20:44

Chris Kahui, stands accused and is facing trial for a heinous crime, I dont see how you can even bring his name forward as a defense for your purile comments earlier on this thread. There is a fellow (police) motorcyclist injured here, please engage your brain.

My thoughts are with the family and friends of this man, lets hope he makes a full, uncompromised recovery.

Oakie
4th September 2007, 20:48
Why is it that some motorcyclists think riding a motorcycle places an individual higher than anyone else.

Not 'higher' dude. Just 'closer to our hearts'.

Back on topic now. Hope he's not too badly damaged.

Katman
4th September 2007, 20:51
Chris Kahui, stands accused and is facing trial for a heinous crime, I dont see how you can even bring his name forward as a defense for your purile comments earlier on this thread.

So you think no motorcyclist has ever stood accused of a heinous crime? This site just gets sillier and sillier.:msn-wink:

scumdog
4th September 2007, 20:54
So you think no motorcyclist has ever stood accused of a heinous crime? This site just gets sillier and sillier.:msn-wink:

Hmmm..
Hole
Digging
Deeper......

Katman
4th September 2007, 20:59
Btw, the last four reps have been green. It appears I'm not the only one who has thrown away the rose tinted specs.:msn-wink:

scumdog
4th September 2007, 21:04
Btw, the last four reps have been green. It appears I'm not the only one who has thrown away the rose tinted specs.:msn-wink:

And how many red ones?

You worry about rep? - sheesh, I've got about 12,000 green reps, what the hell use are they................

Romeo
To be fair, one of those was to tell you to take a chill pill and let it go ;s.

Virago
...This site just gets sillier and sillier.:msn-wink:

...but you keep coming back.

dangerous
4th September 2007, 21:05

Fuck sakes man.. we are a motorcycle forum why wouldnt we suport a biker thats arsed up, go figger what do you want us to do a thread on the boy racer that drifted around a corner and killed himself??? and FWIW... I gave you a RED rep on ya 2nd post...so that screws your threory :rolleyes: just say you hope the copper gets his shit togeather fast and back out hauling our sorry arses over soon... its not hard man.

Katman
4th September 2007, 21:09
You worry about rep? - sheesh, I've got about 12,000 green reps, what the hell use are they................

Nah, I don't worry about it - I just check it to see whether anyone else shares my fucked up view of the world.:msn-wink:

Virago
4th September 2007, 21:14
Guys, check Katman's post history - enough said.

Katman
4th September 2007, 21:15
I gave you a RED rep on ya 2nd post...so that screws your threory :rolleyes:

No, it just means you weren't one of the last four. Up here for thinking.:weird:

dangerous
4th September 2007, 21:17

LOL... 3 green 4 red

*filling in time while news arives on copper

scumdog
4th September 2007, 21:18

Spot-on that man, confirms my theory...........

nudemetalz
4th September 2007, 21:20
My thoughts are out for the poor cop and his family.
Hoping for a speedy recovery.

NighthawkNZ
4th September 2007, 21:20
Spot-on that man, confirms my theory...........

mine too... :stupid:

Katman
4th September 2007, 21:21
LOL... 3 green 4 red

Yeah sorry, I have trouble counting too.:msn-wink:

Katman
4th September 2007, 21:41
You lot do realise I haven't said one derogatory thing about the cop in the original post, don't you? I simply can't understand this concept that we should treat every motorcyclist as a 'brother' regardless of whether they are a scumbag or not. (Which is about where I came in - with the post "above all else he's a bikie").

Rhino
4th September 2007, 21:43
If you don't like it, you could always f**k off instead of playing the role of a troll.

Katman
4th September 2007, 21:47
If you don't like it, you could always f**k off instead of playing the role of a troll.

You're right, I could. But then I'd miss the pleasure of seeing you bust a blood vessel rhino.:msn-wink:

surfchick
4th September 2007, 21:53
hey katman you've kind of got a ;) tick man - ;) terrets...in your previos posts in this thread
but just the wall of ;) ;) ;) won't protect you from the wrath of kb

Rhino
4th September 2007, 21:56
You're right, I could. But then I'd miss the pleasure of seeing you bust a blood vessel rhino.:msn-wink:
Not busting a blood vessel (at 50+ I'm too old to do that) just wondering what happens when your solitary brain cell gets lonely. :)

Scorpygirl
4th September 2007, 21:56

He ain't going to blow a blood vessel. He has that for me!!!!! :bleh:

Katman
4th September 2007, 22:01
He ain't going to blow a blood vessel. He has that for me!!!!! :bleh:

Umm, let me guess - you meant to say "He has me for that"? All class.:msn-wink:

Scorpygirl
4th September 2007, 22:04
Umm, let me guess - you meant to say "He has me for that"? All class.:msn-wink:

Whatever!!!!!!!!!! :girlfight:

Toaster
4th September 2007, 22:11
And how many red ones?

Maybe Spank should convert the green reps into share options and we can buy into KB shares????

I hope the biker cop is okay - I haven't heard a thing about it and the damn thread keeps running off topic.

Katman
4th September 2007, 22:11
Btw, those of you who don't have the balls to sign your name to your red rep are gay fucks.:msn-wink:

Rhino
4th September 2007, 22:16
Looking at your previous posts regarding "Biker Down" threads, it seems that you don't identify with other bikers out there on the road.

We may not always agree with everything that other bikers do, but they still have relatives that are concerned when they have an "off", so we should be able to offer support to those rellys (sp?).

Does it hurt to offer sympathy and/or condolences to family?

NighthawkNZ
4th September 2007, 22:18
Btw, those of you who don't have the balls to sign your name to your red rep are gay fucks.:msn-wink:

well you will have to wait till you get a few more posts and reps the all will be revieled

Scorpygirl
4th September 2007, 22:22

Most of us post on here bro!!!!!! Who are you calling gay!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Katman
4th September 2007, 22:23
Looking at your previous posts regarding "Biker Down" threads, it seems that you don't identify with other bikers out there on the road.

We may not always agree with everything that other bikers do, but they still have relatives that are concerned when they have an "off", so we should be able to offer support to those rellys (sp?).

Does it hurt to offer sympathy and/or condolences to family?

Sympathy and condolences to family are one thing - "Biker Down" threads are just sensationalist bullshit that does nothing but reinforce the concept that in the event of an accident, regardless of the circumstances, the motorcyclist can sit back and bask in a deluge of sympathy, whether warranted or not. Boob reckons 'Biker Down' threads serve the purpose of reminding us to be careful out there. I say, anyone who needs a thread on a message board to remind them to be careful needs to reassess whether motorcycling is the best mode of transport for them.

scumdog
4th September 2007, 22:32
I say, anyone who needs a thread on a message board to remind them to be careful needs to reassess whether motorcycling is the best mode of transport for them.

I hope you feel the same when Kahrma bites and you're lying in hospital.
Not that I wish it on anybody.

Anyway, back on topic...anybody know anything of the circumstances??

Rhino
4th September 2007, 22:36
Boob reckons 'Biker Down' threads serve the purpose of reminding us to be careful out there. I say, anyone who needs a thread on a message board to remind them to be careful needs to reassess whether motorcycling is the best mode of transport for them.
I take it that you have never fucked up on a bike and done anything stupid.

What Boob means is that if a thread reminds one member of a possible "oops" and saves them from repeating it, it is worth the effort of posting.

Katman
4th September 2007, 22:53
You know what, I sincerely hope that this cop is OK.
Having said that, it seems to me that with threads like this there is a danger that we reach a point where outpourings of sympathy turn into ghoulishness.

That's it in a nutshell. Most of those people crying "Oh my god, biker down" are really just saying "Look at me, I'm part of your bikie gang".

scumdog
4th September 2007, 23:04
That's it in a nutshell. Most of those people crying "Oh my god, biker down" are really just saying "Look at me, I'm part of your bikie gang".

Maybe in YOUR opinion.

But anyway, back to the real world. ( you must be watching Drawn Together or some other fantasy....).

Anybody who gets info please keep us all posted - even katman.

Katman
4th September 2007, 23:08
Fuck off scumdog - you could find out quicker than the rest of us. You're just dragging it out for all it's worth.:msn-wink:

jafar
4th September 2007, 23:08
You know what, I sincerely hope that this cop is OK.
Having said that, it seems to me that with threads like this there is a danger that we reach a point where outpourings of sympathy somehow turn into ghoulishness.

You both have a good point, just a pity you have it in the wrong place.
"Biker down" is a sad thing to see or hear about but it does make you think 'thankfully it's not me'.

lanci
4th September 2007, 23:17
I think that there is a little validity to what Katman is saying but I think that if you don't like these threads, ignore it. (I usually do but........)

I don't think that Katman help's his standing in everyones eyes by being a cunt because quite simply, that is what you are currently playing at.

All the best to the officer though.

Katman
4th September 2007, 23:20
I've been called a cunt by far greater people.:msn-wink:

ceebie13
4th September 2007, 23:25
I've been called a cunt by far greater people.:msn-wink:

Apparently King Cnut was one too but he couldn't spell it!!

Sorry, just adding some light-hearted humour(?) to a serious thread.

Katman
4th September 2007, 23:31
Having said that, I'm always amused at the number of newbie 250 riders that think their opinion counts for shit.

scumdog
4th September 2007, 23:35
Fuck, that must have been when I felt my bowels turn to water. Thank god you couldn't follow through - I might have drowned in my own shit.:msn-wink:

7 months for 155 posts?
C'mon dude, get with the programme or you'll be a noob for ever.

But find a less sensitive thread to post on...

Rhino
4th September 2007, 23:43
Having said that, I'm always amused at the number of newbie 250 riders that think their opinion counts for shit.
Riding an 1100 doesn't give you any more credence than a 250 rider.

Katman
4th September 2007, 23:46
7 months for 155 posts?
C'mon dude, get with the programme or you'll be a noob for ever.

But find a less sensitive thread to post on...

Well excuuuuuuuse me, Mr "I've got 12,000 green reps". You seem to confuse me with someone who gives a shit.

scumdog
4th September 2007, 23:48
Well excuuuuuuuse me, Mr "I've got 12,000 green reps". You seem to confuse me with someone who gives a shit.

Likewise.

And if we're going to be childish....nah, another time.

But you STILL have less than 160 posts.

scumdog
4th September 2007, 23:50

Yup, it's the rider astride - not the size of his ride that counts....

Rhino
4th September 2007, 23:50
You seem to be shitting through your mouth quite well at the moment :laugh:

devnull
4th September 2007, 23:51
Likewise.

And if we're going to be childish....nah, another time.

My thought exactly :niceone:

Katman
4th September 2007, 23:54

You're quite right. But years on a bike is a different thing. I'll happily lock horns with anyone who has 25 years riding experience. The rest of you can just sit back and bide your time.:msn-wink:

Rhino
4th September 2007, 23:57
You're quite right. But years on a bike is a different thing. I'll happily lock horns with anyone who has 25 years riding experience. The rest of you can just sit back and bide your time.:msn-wink:
Ok, I sat my license in 1968 and have been riding continuously since. Currently riding a 1500 Goldwing, with a Kawaksai 750 also in the garage.

scumdog
4th September 2007, 23:58

But you still have less than 160 posts....and the rest of KB agin' ya.

And only 25 years riding? Were ya stuck in a hospital for 20 years or sumthin?

Max Preload
5th September 2007, 00:04

And that matters exactly why? I could understand if someone had nothing else to be proud of... a sort of "looka moi - I've got over 10,000 posts on a messageboard...". But seriously, how sad is that?

Out of interest... can messageboard posts be translated into credits for the purpose of purchasing a life?

Anyhow... as for the bike cop... it's quite likely it's the cop known as nodman to many, famous for trumped up traffic infringements on fellow bikers and karma has just bitten him on the ass. If it is, I salute karma (and even though I personally believe karma is the philosophy of losers I'm willing to set that aside for this particular instance).

However, if it's not nodman, I wish him a speedy recovery.

Holy Roller
5th September 2007, 00:07

I've found that after 25 yrs + of riding experience there is no need to lock horns anymore:blank:

devnull
5th September 2007, 00:10

Only 25? Well, I started riding in 1979.... You do the math.

Some of us grow up as well :tugger:

Max Preload
5th September 2007, 00:11
...with a Kawaksai 750 also in the garage.

Is that a chinese ripoff? :clap:

Katman
5th September 2007, 00:13
Some of us grow up as well :tugger:

Let me know when you do.:msn-wink:

insane1
5th September 2007, 03:07
katman grow up will you hes a cop who rides a bike so he"s one of us nuff said.

Lou Girardin
5th September 2007, 07:02
Please, not now. This question was raised and addressed on this forum many times in the past.

Then think before you post

Lou Girardin
5th September 2007, 07:08
And that matters exactly why? I could understand if someone had nothing else to be proud of... a sort of "looka moi - I've got over 10,000 posts on a messageboard...". But seriously, how sad is that?

Out of interest... can messageboard posts be translated into credits for the purpose of purchasing a life?

Anyhow... as for the bike cop... it's quite likely it's the cop known as nodman to many, famous for trumped up traffic infringements on fellow bikers and karma has just bitten him on the ass. If it is, I salute karma (and even though I personally believe karma is the philosophy of losers I'm willing to set that aside for this particular instance).

Nodman is not on my Xmas card list, but I wouldn't wish this on him on top of what he's already going through.
Don't forget that karma works both ways.

ceebie13
5th September 2007, 07:35
Blimey... in the cold light of day is this bickering still going on?

I reckon short of yet another thread being filed in PD, this one needs some serious editing by the mods because the original sentiment is now unfortunately overshadowed by yet another barrage of back-biting and
petulant bickering.

Come on chaps, it's very easy to get sucked in, but isn't it easier to just switch off and walk away.

chanceyy
5th September 2007, 07:59
thanks for the update BC ...please keep us posted :yes:

NodMan
5th September 2007, 08:11

Sorry to disappoint you MATE!,unfortunately it was another of our dedicated bike cops.

If you have a problem send me a PM, here and now is not the place!

Hope our fellow rider keeps improving. Nodman

scumdog
5th September 2007, 08:26

Sort of same value as saying "I've 25 years riding experience" I guess??:rolleyes::whistle:

Or was the comment a bit of an aeroplane??

(More petulant back-biting and bickering....)

Max Preload
5th September 2007, 09:23
Nodman is not on my Xmas card list, but I wouldn't wish this on him on top of what he's already going through.
Don't forget that karma works both ways.

I wouldn't exactly wish it on anyone either but it sure as hell doesn't particularly bother me either - reports so far indicate he was a victim of his own making.

It's ironic all the sympathy and camaraderie this unknown guy and his family receives when he falls off purely of his own accord and yet when the wife & I almost get clipped by some dopey bitch whilst lawfully riding around minding my own fucking business, and come here and post about it I basically get told I was more wrong for turning and getting the plate than she was. (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1177539#post1177539)

There's something seriously fucked with some peoples attitudes around here.

Tank
5th September 2007, 09:29

As a 250cc riding newbie - I amused that you think your opinion counts for anything more than anyone else's.:tugger:

Sure there is sympathy because this is someone that shares the same interest - but at the end of the day anyone who cannot feel for a man and his family when he has been hurt serving the public really needs a reality check.

So - My opinion on this counts as a reasonable human first, (newbie) bike rider second.

MSTRS
5th September 2007, 09:42

Been doing a little mentoring?

Griff
5th September 2007, 10:02
Here is a good idea!

Mr Kateman Sir,

With respect, you seem to relish highjacking subjects and turning them into a tirade of abuse towards others and in return to yourself.

This is not the sign of a healthy mind.

May I suggest that you open a new special needs thread entitled: "Kateman needs attention" and focus on that one.:msn-wink:

Pixie
5th September 2007, 13:10
Its called comradory clown :rolleyes:

What's that? A socialist fish?

jade
5th September 2007, 19:18
Biker cops looking after us ?
How bout the fuckwit who fined me 1000 dollars on a sunday night metres from my house even though I was explaining all the work I'd had done that day so I could get everything legit the next day - which I did might I add
as for this guy - it looks like a nasty crash - I sorta feel for the guy, barely

Lou Girardin
5th September 2007, 20:58
So it's true, KB has been taken over by the post Nazis.

Skyryder
5th September 2007, 21:04
So it's true, KB has been taken over by the post Nazis.

When this forum got up and went all PC this was only a matter of time.

Skyryder

Macktheknife
6th September 2007, 12:41

This is possibly the most conceited thing I have seen you post so far, and that is saying something.
What makes you think that a person's opinion should only be given value dependant on the size of the bike they ride?
Or that their comments should only be valued on the number of years they have been riding?
I have been riding longer than you, (and many others have too) does that mean my opinion has more validity than yours?

You are demonstrating the reason your argument is seriously flawed, and in doing so, you are also proving the value of your opinion. Both of which leave much to be desired.

ManDownUnder
6th September 2007, 12:51

LOL dude... I couldn't think of a nicer guy on a bike or off... you must have done something pretty stupid to get offside with him. Cop or no, biker or no, Nod's a gent.

ManDownUnder
6th September 2007, 12:55

Are you talking CCs or number of posts... coz you're riding pretty yerself there chap. :girlfight:

Max Preload
6th September 2007, 14:39
LOL dude... I couldn't think of a nicer guy on a bike or off... you must have done something pretty stupid to get offside with him. Cop or no, biker or no, Nod's a gent.

Not me, but a couple of mates, on seperate occasions. I'm inclined to believe them - I've never known them to bullshit except in jest.

ManDownUnder
6th September 2007, 14:49
Not me, but a couple of mates, on seperate occasions. I'm inclined to believe them - I've never known them to bullshit except in jest.

All good - I'll agree to disagree then. I'd personally trust the guy

Max Preload
6th September 2007, 14:58
All good - I'll agree to disagree then. I'd personally trust the guy

Stop being so grown up and fight, damnit! :girlfight:

Katman
6th September 2007, 14:59
Are you talking CCs or number of posts... coz you're riding pretty yerself there chap. :girlfight:

I shall try to explain what I meant. There's a lot of new riders out there with less than a years motorcycling experience who seem all to eager to be sucked into the whole "brotherhood" thing. After 25 years maybe I've just become a little more cynical.

Maha
6th September 2007, 15:57
The words below are from an 05' thread about this very topic and is the very reason why i dont post in 'biker down threads' ...the words are poignant and will be adhered to by me...the person who typed these words is no longer with us and i did not know him....

If you are close to the person who had an incident you will be informed, usually though a network of close friends. If you need to read it off the internet are you really that close to the person? Do you need to know right then and there?

Macktheknife
6th September 2007, 16:04
I shall try to explain what I meant. There's a lot of new riders out there with less than a years motorcycling experience who seem all to eager to be sucked into the whole "brotherhood" thing. After 25 years maybe I've just become a little more cynical.

You are entitled to be cynical, I don't think you are entitled to infect others with it though.

Mom
6th September 2007, 19:18

I was not aware that there was a specific time of "motorcycling experience " that allowed you to identify yourself as a true motorcyclist part of the "brotherhood" if you will. Mate I got my bike license in 1976, you do the maths, and I am no cynic! I think you should quit this topic while you are making a fool out of yourself :done:

terbang
6th September 2007, 19:49
And how many red ones?

You could wallpaper your kitchen with them..!

Ozzie
6th September 2007, 20:34
Got all twisted up here as to where to post, posted on the original one about the copper, considered saying a similar thing here, BUT.......

What a joke!

Some poor bugger got busted up, and all anyone gives a toss about is floating their own boat!

Pathetic, childish, repremandable!!!!!

A guy, biker or no, is injured, quite badly, as a result of him trying to help his fellow human beings.

Did he care if they were a cop? A biker? A lippy dipshit that does little but inflate their own ego on sites like this?

NO

Get well soon dude.

Everyone else, go to a small dark room, grab a mag if you need to, and flatter yourself in private!

quickbuck
7th September 2007, 08:21
yeah go figger, it made for good intertainment between updates... and made the thread not just a sad depressing discusion, its ok Lou mine, SD's etc they all went west.

Yep, mine too :(

I thought what I posted was quite relivent!

Animal
8th September 2007, 21:56
This is probably a dumb question, but does anyone know how the guy is recuperating?

inlinefour
8th September 2007, 22:06
I say, anyone who needs a thread on a message board to remind them to be careful needs to reassess whether motorcycling is the best mode of transport for them.

I say you clearly have no idea of what motorcycling is all about whatsoever katman. Motorcycling is a potentially hazordous passtime, no matter how safe you try to keep yourself. All the safety gear can be work and still a rider can die, as well as anyone else involved with any accident involving a motorcycle. I know you are voicing an opinion and so are others and I allways thought this was what KBer is all about. However I have seen a paradiam shift now from the mods. This thread and another one which was IMO very personal has been allowed to continue. Yet others which where IMO, far far less of a problem. You will see katman that I did sign my rep that I gave you and yes I do think its a bit sad if people don't do it for you. But hopefully your a big boy and will get over it
My only question is for the mods. Why, oh why, is this thread not in PD? :sick:

Katman
8th September 2007, 22:14
You will see katman that I did sign my rep that I gave you

Yeah, I was going to thank you for the green (but I figured you meant it to be red).:msn-wink:

Katman
8th September 2007, 22:16
I say you clearly have no idea of what motorcycling is all about whatsoever katman.

And I say, you don't know me from Adam.

inlinefour
8th September 2007, 22:26
Yeah, I was going to thank you for the green (but I figured you meant it to be red).:msn-wink:

I gave up on worrying about the concept of rep aong time ago. Oh and your right, but then again I don't know who Adam is either.:doh:

Da Bird
8th September 2007, 22:47
This is probably a dumb question, but does anyone know how the guy is recuperating?

Still in the Intensive Care Unit - still sedated in a serious but stable condition.

Not really taking much notice of this thread... will put updates in the other thread about the police bike crash.

BC.

Katman
8th September 2007, 22:51
many KBers will have to do alot of riding to catch me up.:niceone:

I spent four years as a courier (in London) riding 12 hour days, 5 days a week. Does that measure up, bigshot?

inlinefour
8th September 2007, 22:56
I spent four years as a courier (in London) riding 12 hour days, 5 days a week. Does that measure up, bigshot?

As I don't know your age its hard to tell. But then again I'm not interested in getting into a pissing match with you about it either. If you thought my comment was directed at yourself, I will have dissapoint you and tell you that it was not. :whocares::yawn:

scumdog
8th September 2007, 23:02

Next thing you'll be blowing your trumpet about how much green bling you have....:whistle:

Katman
8th September 2007, 23:04
Next thing you'll be blowing your trumpet about how much green bling you have....:whistle:

Sorry, but I recall it was you blowing that horn.:msn-wink:

avgas
8th September 2007, 23:06
Whine whine whine.
I need attention. Listen to me whining about blah blah that you allready know.
Congratulations, you have proved in my minds that yes i should in fact regard motorcyclists in the same mindset as the rest of the world.
Assholes in groups of individuals indeed.
I've got an idea lets start a thread about not everyone who rides a bike.......whines.
Mabey im just feeling negative cos i had a fantastic ride today - i jump on KB to see if anyone else had the same.......only to find attention seeking threads.
Go for a ride and stop filling my internets

Katman
8th September 2007, 23:15
"Your internet"? You do have a rather high opinion of yourself, don't you.:msn-wink:

Katman
8th September 2007, 23:21
In case you have trouble recalling;

"You worry about rep? - sheesh, I've got about 12,000 green reps"

:msn-wink:

scumdog
8th September 2007, 23:24
In case you have trouble recalling;

"You worry about rep? - sheesh, I've got about 12,000 green reps"

I guess it's more than just aeroplanes that go over the top of you...

Katman
8th September 2007, 23:31
I guess it's more than just aeroplanes that go over the top of you...

Man, just admit it - you made yourself look stupid and now you're trying to cover it up.:msn-wink:

:clap:

McJim
8th September 2007, 23:35
Man, just admit it - you made yourself look stupid and now you're trying to cover it up.:msn-wink:

:clap:

From where I'm standing? You're the one looking foolish. But not for long coz you're now on ignore. Good night.:rofl:

Katman
8th September 2007, 23:38
Owwwwhhhhh Jim, you can't mean that.:crybaby:

_Shrek_
9th September 2007, 00:36

hey Katman i dont know you or a chit load of others on here but after reading a heap of these threads I think its TIME YOU PULLED YOUR HEAD IN

like alot of other riders my age and older who have been riding 30+ years dont give a flying continental what age they are or how long they been riding and think sites like this are great for the young ones

we can learn as much from them and they can learn off all our mistakes

cya K

snuffles
10th September 2007, 10:31

Thanks for your input, You have a right to your thoughts and beliefs, but keep them to your fucking self, you loser.

Katman
10th September 2007, 11:28
Gee snuffles, judging by your signature we could be twins.:msn-wink:

Katman
7th February 2009, 21:42
Since a lot of recent posts regarding the current biker down thread have ended in PD, I figured I'd resurrect this one.

MadDuck
7th February 2009, 21:57
Since a lot of recent posts regarding the current biker down thread have ended in PD, I figured I'd resurrect this one.

And tomorrow you will have edited them all because you are a bit pissed :Pokey:

Katman
7th February 2009, 22:03
And tomorrow you will have edited them all because you are a bit pissed :Pokey:

Nah, still have have enough naughty points to preclude deleting posts (remember this thread was from back in my angry days :msn-wink:) but have since realised that 90% of the posts in this thread are actually somewhat irrelevant.

Still. if the moderators choose to remove posts that are addressing an issue that many of us feel strongly about, what else can one do?

MadDuck
7th February 2009, 22:05
Still. if the moderators choose to remove posts that are addressing an issue that many of us feel strongly about, what else can one do?

Ummm would suggesting slitting your wrists make me get shit loads of red rep :wari:

Katman
7th February 2009, 22:14
Ummm would slitting your wrists make me get shit loads of red rep :wari:

I hate to disappoint you but I've got Wonder Womans bracelets on long term loan.

Ixion
7th February 2009, 23:10
Nah, still have have enough naughty points to preclude deleting posts (remember this thread was from back in my angry days :msn-wink:) but have since realised that 90% of the posts in this thread are actually somewhat irrelevant.

Anything that attempts to address the issue of safety here will be relegated to pointless drivel. It is a reflection of the site ethos. If it's hidden in PD, the Heaven Born can pretend it doesn't exist and continue their fanatasy that none ever gets hurt on a motorcycle.

Because we all know that anything that puts forward thoughts about how to ride more safely is by definition pointless (since bins are going to happen anyway, and they're cool, most bins wins) : and drivel ,since noone ever gets hurt on a motorbike so putting forward thoughts on how to prevent something that never happens is obviously drivel.

riffer
8th February 2009, 08:44
Still trying desperately to get some meaning from the latest biker down thread ...

... I'm still wondering how the hell to anticipate a u-turning driver on the wrong side of a blind crest.

Well, other than the old spidey-sense. This latest crash bites home with me because I'm riding this road every day. I can't see any way around this one except to slow down from the 80-100 I go up this road to about 60 and follow the slow trucks up the hill.

And the buggers will find new ways to take us out. There's no escape routes on this road - the cheesecutters have seen to that - and they're about 1m from the lane edge too.

Ixion
8th February 2009, 09:09
Still trying desperately to get some meaning from the latest biker down thread ...

... I'm still wondering how the hell to anticipate a u-turning driver on the wrong side of a blind crest.

Well, other than the old spidey-sense. This latest crash bites home with me because I'm riding this road every day. I can't see any way around this one except to slow down from the 80-100 I go up this road to about 60 and follow the slow trucks up the hill.

And the buggers will find new ways to take us out. There's no escape routes on this road - the cheesecutters have seen to that - and they're about 1m from the lane edge too.

"able to stop in the clear distance of road visible ahead" seems to cover it.

Which might indeed mean having to "slow down from the 80 -100". Which of course no-one (me included) wants to do.But if that's what y' gotta do, that's what y' gotta do.

Which is EXACTLY why this sort of thread is useful and important. Because it drives such unwelcome messages home. We all know that rule. All of us are guilty of ignoring it from time to time, some more than others. These threads force the reluctant to face the reality of what the cost of ignoring it may be. They may still elect to ignore it - total safety would be pretty boring - but at least they will do so with a sharper understanding of the risk they run

No thread, no need to confront the choice. Ignorance is bliss, but it can also be death. Maybe in a few months time some biker will be fanging up that road, remember this thread and ease off a bit. Just enough to stop before hitting the car U turning over the brow.

James Deuce
8th February 2009, 09:12
I see the discussion has been crushed as usual.

I've not seen any factual evidence that there was a U-Turn involved yet. Just an anecdote from someone who spoke to someone.

riffer
8th February 2009, 09:15
"able to stop in the clear distance of road visible ahead" seems to cover it.

Yes. That's my point. In my instance, there's a blind crest with cheescutters on the side. You reach the top and there's about 20 metres until the end of the cheescutters left.

Where the accident occurred the rider most likely COULDN'T see the car until he had 20 metres to stop. At 100 km/hr the laws of physics are against you.

My point is that you can't do the speed the road is signposted for because of the possibility of someone doing something completely mindless.

How can you anticipate completely mindless actions?

riffer
8th February 2009, 09:16
I see the discussion has been crushed as usual.

I've not seen any factual evidence that there was a U-Turn involved yet. Just an anecdote from someone who spoke to someone.

I've looked at the accident site. It seems extremely plausible given the location and the marks on the road.

Ixion
8th February 2009, 09:31
Yes. That's my point. In my instance, there's a blind crest with cheescutters on the side. You reach the top and there's about 20 metres until the end of the cheescutters left.

Where the accident occurred the rider most likely COULDN'T see the car until he had 20 metres to stop. At 100 km/hr the laws of physics are against you.

My point is that you can't do the speed the road is signposted for because of the possibility of someone doing something completely mindless.

How can you anticipate completely mindless actions?

You can't. Which is why one must ride in such a way that even when someone does do something completely mindless, one can still avoid them.

The fact that a road is signposted for 100kph is completely irrelevant. I know many roads signposted such, where that speed is simply too dangerous. The law allows it, the bike can do it, I won't.

The signed speed is a maximum set by law. The actual speed should be set by safety.Which includes being able to stop when someone does something mindless. Because, sure a God made little green apples, they will.

Blind hills and blind corners are the NZ drivers' (and riders') biggest failing. The road code sets out (or used to , anyway) clear and simple guidelines for them. Everybody ignores them , confident that some unnamed power is responsible for making sure there is never any obstruction on the other side. I prefer not to trust to unknown unnamed powers. That makes me a Nana, to be sure. So be it.

riffer
8th February 2009, 09:42
Hmmm. And yet we continue to make "safety" improvements by placing wire rope barriers over the only possible escape routes...

not to mention ending them at a point which enables people to do u-turns at the most dangerous place.

What sort of idiots are designing our roads?

BMWST?
8th February 2009, 09:47
although a solid barrier would prevent any u turns except in proper turning places

marty
8th February 2009, 10:35

i don't understand this thread at all, but riding over a blind crest at 100km/h takes a fair bit of chance, no matter if it's SH1 or Waikikamukau Rd - what if there was a horse/cow/child/crash blocking the road? it will PROBABLY be clear, but there's always that very small chance that it won't be. by riding over the crest at speed unable to stop in clear road ahead, you take the chance. if it's not your day, it's gonna hurt.

Katman
8th February 2009, 11:07
On a slightly different tangent........imagine this scenario.

One weekend there are two people killed in seperate accidents on our roads.

No information is released regarding the accidents except that one involved a car and the other involved a motorcycle.

Now unbeknown to us, the car driver was a person who devoted their life to helping others while the motorcyclist was a P dealer.

I imagine we would immediately be inundated with messages of "R.I.P. my brother" while not a single mention is made of the car driver.

A bit twisted, don't you think?

riffer
8th February 2009, 11:33

Yeah, but life is twisted. Haven't you noticed yet?

Ixion
8th February 2009, 16:47
Hmmm. And yet we continue to make "safety" improvements by placing wire rope barriers over the only possible escape routes...

not to mention ending them at a point which enables people to do u-turns at the most dangerous place.

What sort of idiots are designing our roads?

Ah, that's quite another matter. probably, the same idiots that do U turns in absurd places.

Ixion
8th February 2009, 16:52

No information is released regarding the accidents except that one involved a car and the other involved a motorcycle.

Now unbeknown to us, the car driver was a person who devoted their life to helping others while the motorcyclist was a P dealer.

I imagine we would immediately be inundated with messages of "R.I.P. my brother" while not a single mention is made of the car driver.

You are confuting two quite different matters.

One, an expression of sympathy for a dead or injured bike, Which I agree can be somewhat inane, but which (I hope) be extended if the biker had met his demise from (say) cancer of heart failure

And, on a totally different tack, the examination of crashes to see if any lessons can be learned therefrom, or any already known precepts reinforced. These do not need to be fatalities, or indeed, even crashes. But, nature being what it is, it is only when a crash occurs (and usually a serious one) that the issue warrants public attention and thus generate discussion. After all no newspaper is going to report "A motorcyclist rode over a blind hill crest at too fast a speed, but there was no obstruction on the road and nothing happened".

ajturbo
8th February 2009, 16:55

err... this is a biker site......???

Mystic13
8th February 2009, 17:15

Dude you've gone too far.

You've had your say on these threads and its been discussed and a large percentage wanted them to stay and a large group wanted them gone. This is a community and because a bunch want them to stay that seems to be the end of the story but noooo...... someone didn't get there way....... and apparently they're used to getting they're way.....FON.

So please wander off and post threads to discuss whether we have these threads or not instead of sabotaging them.

You sound like the kid who doesn't get there way so you whine and whine and whine and whine, and throw a tantrum, throw some toys out of the cot then whine and scream and yell. Yeah we get it. You're unhappy. You're used to getting your way. Well that's not how life works. How about a little respect for other users and their views on what this thread is about.

Please tell me you're not going to post up in every single thread that pops up and play the same old record. FFS can we not get some peace.

Dude it's not a good look and me thinks you should maybe take some time to think about whether you should stop the same old posts in these threads. Clearly these threads are not here for you at all and posting off topic in them continuosly is so far over the f....kin top that it's just ridiculous.

portokiwi
8th February 2009, 17:29
A motorcyclist is undergoing surgery in Waikato Hospital in Hamilton following a collision on State Highway 30 north of Mangakino in the South Waikato.

It happened late this morning and has left one man dead and three other people injured, one with serious leg wounds. Police say it appears two motorbikes collided, one northbound, the other southbound. The northbound bike appears to have crossed the centre line into the path of two southbound bikes.

A 47-year-old Te Aroha man on one of the southbound bikes was killed and his 48-year-old woman passenger injured. Two people on the third bike had a lucky escape. The man riding the other southbound bike was shaken but not hurt; his woman passenger was injured.

The seriously injured rider and the two women, who had minor injuries, were flown to Waikato Hospital.

portokiwi
8th February 2009, 17:31
I dont know about you but I care when any motorcycle rider gets hit.
It realy feels good to get the support at the end of the day too.
Sorry thats just how I feel.

Katman
8th February 2009, 18:18
Dude you've gone too far.

Sounds to me like you're the one having the cry.

I'm simply pointing out the ridiculous nature of mindlessly buying into the whole 'Brotherhood of Bikers' bullshit.

wbks
8th February 2009, 18:24
Not going to over 10 pages but doesn't the fact that you have a common interest that is more often than not a major part of someones life let you relate a little bit to someone else who rides?

Katman
8th February 2009, 18:27
Not going to over 10 pages but doesn't the fact that you have a common interest that is more often than not a major part of someones life let you relate a little bit to someone else who rides?

That's exactly it - it's a common interest.

It's not a Bond that binds us.

I'm not going to wish that someone rests in peace until I know whether they deserve to.

Lord Derosso
8th February 2009, 18:36
I heard about the accident shortly after it happened in the week and was thinking where it must have happened as I have ridden that road many times over the last 20 years. There are some corners you do need to slow down as they are blind and learning on this thread it happened on a crest I am presuming the poor person was traveling towards the Hutt and descenting down the final hill itself. Its a very steep and sharp cornered hill for non Wellingtonian riders. You would not want to lose your brakes or have a blowout in the descent and engine braking is the norm. Similar to Nguaranga gorge but much narrower and now it has those F'N barriers in the middle. I have regularly taken my bikes up there and on through to the Porirua turnaround and always from the Hutt Valley side across. The inlet scenery makes it a wonderful ride but you do need to keep your wits about you.

I took my flatmate up and over there this afternoon and I was surprised to see those cheese cutter barriers going all the way up the hill. The last time I went up there just three weekends ago I dont recall seeing them. Can some local enlighten me here please? In a kinder note, the day was sublime but windy and there were a number of bikes and pillions out and actually waving. Perhaps we just needed to show solidarity towards a fallen rider and that we will continue riding regardless fully knowing the risks - enough said.

Dean
8th February 2009, 18:39
That's exactly it - it's a common interest.

It's not a Bond that binds us.

I'm not going to wish that someone rests in peace until I know whether they deserve to.

No matter who it is if a motorcyclist gets in a fatal accident we should all wish this person rests in peace, its just the sane thing to do the human thing to do.When someone dies they NEVER EVER come back the least you can do is pay your respects .

Katman
8th February 2009, 18:47
No matter who it is if a motorcyclist gets in a fatal accident we should all wish this person rests in peace, its just the sane thing to do the human thing to do.When someone dies they NEVER EVER come back the least you can do is pay your respects .

What?

Even if they're a wife beating, kiddie fiddling, rapist?

Fuck that.

rainman
8th February 2009, 18:58
Fuck that.

So don't express your condolences. Doesn't make a bunch of sense to me either so I don't typically post in RIP threads.

If others want to, whatever. And isn't it partly a way of saying "thank fuck that wasn't me"?

R6_kid
8th February 2009, 19:00
"thank fuck that wasn't me"?

Take care of yourself and it won't be, but hey! When your number is up death is hard motherfucker to beat.

The Stranger
8th February 2009, 19:05
death is hard motherfucker to beat.

Too right. He may be old, but he's fooken quick.

pixc
8th February 2009, 19:06
I dont know what hapened to Katman to make him so heartless etc...his comments are now pollution to my eyes. Weres the ignore function?

found it... Technologically retarded TOO!

Dean
8th February 2009, 19:06
What?

Even if they're a wife beating, kiddie fiddling, rapist?

Fuck that.

I dont think any motorcyclists are rapists or kiddie fiddlers , ive never heard of a pedofile rider.But ive heard of wife beaters infact i know one very close to me a bit to close by blood, but they can change and if there dead they cant prove they are going to change can they.For all we know a rider may have been trying to change his life around vowing to his wife to never hit her again and then he goes out the driveway and is killed.At the end of the day if you take a few minutes to wish they rest in peace youll never see them ever again once there dead they are dead.

Katman
8th February 2009, 19:16
I dont think any motorcyclists are rapists or kiddie fiddlers

Man, have you got a lifetime of disappointment ahead of you.

MotoGirl
8th February 2009, 19:22
I dont think any motorcyclists are rapists or kiddie fiddlers
Surely you're not suggesting that motorcyclists are exempt from being sick fuc*ers just because they ride?

You will find inappropriate behaviour in many groups so you can't dismiss the behaviour just because of someone's hobby or way of life. If this was the case, the world wouldn't have religious figures (with supposed "morals") messing with kiddies, now would we? And that's just one example.

wbks
8th February 2009, 19:23
Do you read what you post, young biker, or just plug the keyboard into your brain and let it all flow out?

James Deuce
8th February 2009, 19:24
I bet he lives in a really nice neighbourhood.

wbks
8th February 2009, 19:27
I heard he was institutionalized at 10 for showing signs of mental illness

Dean
8th February 2009, 19:27
Surely you're not suggesting that motorcyclists are exempt from being sick fuc*ers just because they ride?

You will find inappropriate behaviour in many groups so you can't dismiss the behaviour just because of someone's hobby or way of life. If this was the case, the world wouldn't have religious figures (with supposed "morals") messing with kiddies, now would we? And that's just one example.

Man, have you got a lifetime of disappointment ahead of you.

Do you read what you post, young biker, or just plug the keyboard into your brain and let it all flow out?

Not because they ride just because most meet up with other riders eventually and go on group rides so most motorcyclists would pick up any pedos in the group but i havent heard of or seen any pedos motorcyclists but it sounds like theres many so i lose epic fail oh well.
And no wbks i dont plug the keyboard into my brain

wbks
8th February 2009, 19:29
Shit... I lost $20 on that one

Dean
8th February 2009, 19:30
I heard he was institutionalized at 10 for showing signs of mental illness

Who me, nope, i wasnt institutionalized for showing mental illness

AlBundy
8th February 2009, 19:34
A motorcyclist is undergoing surgery in Waikato Hospital in Hamilton following a collision on State Highway 30 north of Mangakino in the South Waikato.

It happened late this morning and has left one man dead and three other people injured, one with serious leg wounds. Police say it appears two motorbikes collided, one northbound, the other southbound. The northbound bike appears to have crossed the centre line into the path of two southbound bikes.

A 47-year-old Te Aroha man on one of the southbound bikes was killed and his 48-year-old woman passenger injured. Two people on the third bike had a lucky escape. The man riding the other southbound bike was shaken but not hurt; his woman passenger was injured.

The seriously injured rider and the two women, who had minor injuries, were flown to Waikato Hospital.

I don't generally agree with Katman...

BUT...

Once again we have a biker on the wrong side of the road.

He does have a message, though it generally gets lost along the way....

Dean
8th February 2009, 19:36
Shit... I lost $20 on that one

I won $40 on that one heheehe

Katman
8th February 2009, 20:28
He does have a message, though it generally gets lost along the way....

Mainly because those who don't want to hear the message make every attempt possible to bury it in shit.

piston broke
8th February 2009, 20:39
Mainly because those who don't want to hear the message make every attempt possible to bury it in shit.
or maybe cause you just go on and on and on.
p.s i'v enjoyed your posts the last coupla weeks,as you have been off your usual topic:clap:

Katman
8th February 2009, 20:45
or maybe cause you just go on and on and on.

You know what else seems to just go on and on and on.

Motorcyclists crossing centrelines and taking out other motorcyclists.

Mystic13
8th February 2009, 21:05

Actually it seems to me your message is already buried deep in shit. People express their views on a rider down and because you have no decent argument you go off and see how many red herrings you can find.

First off you say these threads are too much and then to support your argument you ask what if the person that has died is a paedophile? Where do you find this stuff.

From what I've seen when a paedophile is charged even closest family and friends had no idea.

So since you're into red herrings so much perhaps you shouldn't go to any of your relatives your friends funerals because I mean... what if.

What about where you work... perhaps you should quit? I mean what if your boss is? I mean...

But hang on.....

Paranoid Schizophrenia springs to mind.

For me, I would attend funerals of friends and family unless I knew there was a specific issue that I was uncomfortable with. I wouldn't run around assuming it.

Okay... yeah i know you'll now argue that you didn't assume it.

You're a mismatcher dude. If i say it's black you'll say it's white. If I say bikers are good you'll point out that they're also bad.

In reality there is good and bad in everyone. Often a truly good person has done something wrong and a truly evil killer would have done something good.

Good luck in your run to continually argue the point although I'm not sure what you're arguing for or against anymore.

Have a good night and remember the medication works only if you take it. lol.

Sorry, I shouldn't have said that. Just having a bit of a laugh at the level this discussion is disintegrating to.

Now I've had a good day. Went riding with my wife and son at Power Adventures Maramarua Day. My son got much quicker. his funny moment was falling off and lying there with the bike on his leg, realising he couldn't lift it and waiting for the next rider to turn up. All three of us fell of once.

The bikes and riders were fine and we had a blast.

Guess who forgot to put the petrol caps back on three bikes on the trailer at the petrol station and didn't realise till going down the Bombay's having filled up in Newmarket. #*^&@%. I hate it when I do that.

Katman
8th February 2009, 21:14
Good luck in your run to continually argue the point although I'm not sure what you're arguing for or against anymore.

There's none so blind as those that cannot see.

piston broke
8th February 2009, 21:22

in my 40+years alive i know of less than 10 of these.
i stand to be corrected

Katman
8th February 2009, 21:32

And for every one of those there would be another 100 that came within a hair's breadth of ending in tragedy.

Maha
8th February 2009, 21:37

Yea saw one them people last Thursday night heading down to Albany, he didn't take us out though. Crossed the double yellows at to pass a car or three and um.....''dude!!! can you not see me''??.... he got the fingers from both Anne and myself, fairly close to his helmet I might add, damn theres so dumb fucks out there for sure.

Ixion
8th February 2009, 21:39
i stand to be corrected

Well, in rather more than 40 years, I remember only half a dozen. But about 4 of those are in the last couple of years!

How on earth does a bike manage to head on into another bike on a public road?

Mystic13
9th February 2009, 02:47
Well, in rather more than 40 years, I remember only half a dozen. But about 4 of those are in the last couple of years!

How on earth does a bike manage to head on into another bike on a public road?

Coming up to corners bikes will pass assuming they can make it even if a car comes around the corner.

I haven't spoken to a rider yet who factors in "what if a bike comes around the corner". I mentioned this a few weeks back and had my first instance of it a week later. Plenty of room to make pass of a car and boat. Move out and accelerate then hard on the brakes and pull in again. F%$# bikes are fast when they come around corners. All four of us had plenty of time to deal with it (me and 3 of them) because I don't go overboard on the room I allow but what a stark reminder.

I often see bikes passing between cars and a double yellow going over a rise. They assume they will have room if a car comes the other way. I guess they don't factor in a bike doing the same thing coming the other way. Seems to me you'll get two bikes clipping each other at 200 kph and being surrounded by cars.

So tell me... you're about to make a pass before a bend. Plenty of room to complete the pass even if a car comes round the corner. Do you ever factor in it being a bike at warp 9?

Mystic13
9th February 2009, 02:58
There's none so blind as those that cannot see.

And yet you can't see what many have said to you right through this thread.

A blind man would have better vision than you.

Clearly you're not someone to let clear thought and reasoned discussions
get in the way of your thinking.

Please pass my sympathies onto those who have to deal with you on a daily basis. My thoughts go out to them... yes I know they could potentially be paedophiles but....

Based on your comments I wonder if I should send my kids to school tomorrow just in case the teachers are paedophiles.

Dude you crack me up. You'd make a great Cyclops.

denill
9th February 2009, 09:53
So don't express your condolences. Doesn't make a bunch of sense to me either so I don't typically post in RIP threads.

If others want to, whatever. And isn't it partly a way of saying "thank fuck that wasn't me"?

Yeah, hadn't thought about it, but I reckon you've summed me up there also.

MIXONE
9th February 2009, 10:13

I was thinking another part of his anatomy actually.

Remember though to be old and wise first you must be young and stupid!

Squiggles
9th February 2009, 12:15
I often see bikes passing between cars and a double yellow going over a rise. They assume they will have room if a car comes the other way. I guess they don't factor in a bike doing the same thing coming the other way. Seems to me you'll get two bikes clipping each other at 200 kph and being surrounded by cars.

And unlike a car, you can never predict where in the lane the bike will be. If people stuck to the 100m of clear after a pass is complete idea, we'd all be safer