PDA

View Full Version : Feel stupid. GT250R trunk lock stuck

captain_andrey
5th September 2007, 23:47
As above. Cant open the trunk in my hyosung. I suspect the lock mechanism got caught on the little piece of fabric that keeps the cover on or some of the contents. Is there any other way to get it opened with minimal tools or should I take it to the dealer and feel stupid?

Thanks in advance for any help.

TRAINING WHEELS
5th September 2007, 23:55
I would not feel stupid... i found it eaiser to push the trunk down before trying to pull it up when i got my strap caught in it, Its judt trying to undo what you have done in the same pattern. You may have tried that though....
I found it easy to do but if all else fails take it in to get done .....Dont damage the lock or bike for that matter

captain_andrey
6th September 2007, 00:16
Yeah I tried some brute force but almost bent the key. Will try the pushing down thing tomorrow.

TRAINING WHEELS
6th September 2007, 00:18
Yea be carefull with the key ....

skidMark
6th September 2007, 03:20
have used kitchen knifes to manually flick the mechanism on my zxr's before but it depends if you can get at it with a knife...in all honesty though...take her down to the dealer...this thing could happen to anybody buddy...

i'm sure they won't mind, you arn't the first and certainly wont be the last

EJT
6th September 2007, 08:42
Hey mate. The same happened to me. Was a real pain in the arse. If you go to www.korider.com and do a search it seems to be a common problem. They give some solutions there.

In the end I managed to slip a flat spanner under the small gap between the seat and unscrew the appropriate nuts. Took some time, but got it in the end. You can also reach the cable (see how it is done on korider), but was properly stuck on the strap. Once the seat was off I ditched the fabric strap, as it is a waste of time and gets in the way. Just make sure your seat is properly locked before you take off!

bull
6th September 2007, 16:18
Heres the korider link http://www.korider.com/forum/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3098&highlight=boot+stuck
I had a similar problem with mine - ended up sliding a steel ruler in between the seat and the fairings to push the strap to release, once i got it free i unscrewed the strap - dont want it jammed ever again.