PDA

View Full Version : Hay

jaxda
5th October 2004, 19:24
well, at least it isnt hey :msn-wink: thought it would be proper to say an official :wavey: Been riding off & on for more years than I like to remember and after too long a break have splashed out and got myself another ride :banana: Got the new one to commute to work and save gas, but if truth be known, if that was the whole reason, I'd be on a GP125. Gotta have a bit of fun as well! Now just have to upgrade to restricted liscence ( is 7 yrs on learners long enough? :msn-wink: ) Hope to catch up with some KBer's on weekend rides sometime. :spudwave:

2_SL0
5th October 2004, 19:29
ello ello :wavey:

SPORK
5th October 2004, 19:29
Argh, good on ya! Welcome to the lovely site we call home... or Kiwibiker... or whatever tickles your fancy!
I'd say that 7 years might be a bit little, are you sure you are ready for the amazing plus 70 speeds? :P

Blakamin
5th October 2004, 19:31
Welcome!!... madcat's right some of us call it home (me)

riffer
5th October 2004, 19:43
A GP125? Hey I had one of those. Should have kept it - would have made a great bucket!!! :whistle:

Anyway, welcome to KB, jaxda. Take a seat. You may be here a while...

SPORK
5th October 2004, 19:57
Welcome!!... madcat's right some of us call it home (me)
It's always the first site I come to when I dial up! (Sad about the dial up though :( )

The Pastor
5th October 2004, 20:30
A GP125? Hey I had one of those. Should have kept it - would have made a great bucket!!! :whistle:

Anyway, welcome to KB, jaxda. Take a seat. You may be here a while...

What is ment by the term bucket?

jaxda
5th October 2004, 20:32
think this will be a 1st stop when logged on :yes: appears to be a right freindly site. Now just gotta get some good weather ( in auckland!) to get out for some decent rides. The longest I've had since the new bike is the whiford/maraitai/clevedon loop which was good if not for the strong headwind at times! Knocks about 20km off speed I reckon. Not that I was ever over 70 kph tho :whistle:

The Pastor
5th October 2004, 20:32
well, at least it isnt hey :msn-wink: :spudwave:

Yeah good to see u didnt used my orgainal thread name :) :shifty:

jaxda
5th October 2004, 20:37
Yeah good to see u didnt used my orgainal thread name :) :shifty:
:laugh: yeah, didnt want to be acused of theivery and mine's more an indication of what i'll be eating if I try to corner too fast :laugh:

2_SL0
5th October 2004, 20:53
Gives a new meaning to "A roll in the Hay" :innocent:

Joni
5th October 2004, 20:55
:wavey:
Hello............

Ms Piggy
5th October 2004, 21:51
Welcome along jaxda. :spudwave:You'll meet some great people here 7 years on your Learners - well I don't feel quite so bad now that I've had mine almost a year. :)

toads
6th October 2004, 07:05
welcome Jaxda, I hope you'll enjoy being a part of kb'ers, it's certainly provided us with some entertainment thus far,

riffer
6th October 2004, 07:06
What is ment by the term bucket?
It's a motorcycle racing class, very social it seems, in which you convert old small motorcycles (buckets of shit) into racing machines, using parts you can beg, borrow or steal from just about anywhere.

There are rules, and I'm not too sure about them (which means I could be completely wrong) but basically it's like this:

50cc 2 strokes, 100cc 4-strokes, no competition machines; or

125cc 2-strokes, 150cc 4-strokes, no competition machines.

The bucket Blakamin and I rode on Sunday was a Kawasaki KH100 2-stroke:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4127

Blakamin
6th October 2004, 07:12
It's a motorcycle racing class, very social it seems, in which you convert old small motorcycles (buckets of shit) into racing machines, using parts you can beg, borrow or steal from just about anywhere.

There are rules, and I'm not too sure about them (which means I could be completely wrong) but basically it's like this:

50cc 2 strokes, 100cc 4-strokes, no competition machines; or

125cc 2-strokes, 150cc 4-strokes, no competition machines.

The bucket Blakamin and I rode on Sunday was a Kawasaki KH100 2-stroke:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4127
You just had to bring it up again didnt ya!!!!

(my mrs, out of nowhere, asked what a bucket would cost.... and said her brother would lend us his van :eek: )

The Pastor
6th October 2004, 10:00
Ah thanks for that :D i was wondering why all the bikes advertised as "bucket racers" were small bikes that had been damaged...

magnum
20th October 2004, 17:06
ello and welcome in. :ride:

inlinefour
13th November 2004, 11:54
well, at least it isnt hey :msn-wink: thought it would be proper to say an official :wavey: Been riding off & on for more years than I like to remember and after too long a break have splashed out and got myself another ride :banana: Got the new one to commute to work and save gas, but if truth be known, if that was the whole reason, I'd be on a GP125. Gotta have a bit of fun as well! Now just have to upgrade to restricted liscence ( is 7 yrs on learners long enough? :msn-wink: ) Hope to catch up with some KBer's on weekend rides sometime. :spudwave:

:moon: :buggerd: :spudwhat: :cool2: :mobile: