PDA

View Full Version : Brake fluid on tyre?

kiwi cowboy
6th September 2007, 21:13
hi i took the rear wheel of to replace the bearings but some breakfluid leaked onto the tyre wot will get this off or will it not matter cheers

98tls
6th September 2007, 21:19
Give it a wipe and forget about it.

Max Preload
7th September 2007, 15:04
Wash off with water...

merv
7th September 2007, 17:01
More importantly how'd the brake fluid get on the tyre? Hope you haven't got a leak at the caliper or something because taking a wheel off doesn't usually cause a fluid leak.

Max Preload
7th September 2007, 17:03
More importantly how'd the brake fluid get on the tyre? Hope you haven't got a leak at the caliper or something because taking a wheel off doesn't usually cause a fluid leak.

Well spotted!

Yes, exactly how did you get brake fluid on the wheel when simply removing it?

kiwi cowboy
7th September 2007, 19:46

the disk is a little worn so undid the bleed screw to make it easier to spread the pads apart to get them off the disk[probly didnt need to i know]and fluid leaked from hose i had on the outlet so no leak in the caliper cheers anyway

98tls
7th September 2007, 19:57
Uh huh......if you gave it a wipe then no worrys......a mate made me a rear brake reservior..spelling...and it didnt seal properly......days later i found it and cleaned up the mess with no harm to anything.

FROSTY
7th September 2007, 20:00
A quick was down with hot water wont do any harm