PDA

View Full Version : Trials bike HONDA TL-125-S

NZred
21st July 2003, 23:26
76' TL-125-S Trials bike for sale.
One owner approx 2500kms, all original tyres - paint - ect., has lights and registration, Stored for many years in a dry garage, good running condition.
$1500.oo :niceone:

SPman
23rd July 2003, 22:28
Looks neat. I have a non net aquaitance who collects old trials bikes - I'll give him a buzz!

NZred
23rd July 2003, 23:45
Kewl,. .that would be great,.. thank you
:niceone:

What?
24th July 2003, 09:31
If SPman's man doesn't buy, I could be very interested.

Motu
25th July 2003, 10:45
That's nice alright,maybe too nice to actualy use for trials.We have a teenager who rides one at our classic/twinshock trials - but they need a bit of work to be usefull,big bore kit is a must as they severely lack grunt - there was a big bore kit,but a CB750 piston does the same job - 145cc.The forks are hopeless - in the early 80s when the small bikes like the Fantics came out,my mate and I dumped our Bully 350s and got smaller bikes - I went to a TY175,he had a TL125...put a big bore on it,tucked in the steering head a bit and put a KT250 front end on...now he had a bike worth riding - still lacked grunt though.

It was remembering how nice his TL125 turned out that prompted me to get a TLR200 last year,rebuilt over new year and been using it this season.After 21 yrs of 2 stroke trials bikes a 4 stroke is an eratic learning curve - that 4 stroke engine braking is a two edged sword....they stall VERY easily,and the engine braking is loading the front end - that nice steep down hill you are doing without touching the brake can turn to disaster...as happened to me on sunday - a huge spill on a steep bank,bike upside down and I took some punishment too!

Whoever gets it - I hope you put it to good use.

NZred
26th July 2003, 00:56
Hi Motu,
Thanks for your in-put.
Yup.. the 145cc kit and exhaust was available when I purchased the bike new,.. but chose not to go that route.. keeping it stock standard instead.

:cool:

SPman
26th July 2003, 18:14
Well, my man is a non starter!

I cant afford it at the moment :(, so............

PZR
26th July 2003, 22:06
NZRED
I told you, I'll give you $50.00 for it and to make the deal really attractive, you can read my copy of Twist of the Wrist II by Keith Code so you can learn to ride that other red thing you bought :argh:
Shit Im only jealous, even if it is just a Honda

Hey I went to Motomail's sale today. Finally got some new gloves. Not a bad price but it sure pays to wait for those sales as the normal prices are way over the top :gob:

I actually managed to get some primer on mine today. Sanding and more primer Sunday (yay!) I just love panelbeating sanding and painting

I have almost managed to convince myself that its too cold to go riding anyway:no: :eek: :eek:

NZred
26th July 2003, 23:56
Thanks PZR,

You are TOO kind.. but $50 .. haha.. :rolleyes:

I will pop over and read the book,.. if it has pictures..
and pick faults in your paint job.. :niceone:

The red one is going well... :love: .. I have not fallen off,.. YET!

What?
28th July 2003, 07:46
Originally posted by PZR

Hey I went to Motomail's sale today. Finally got some new gloves. Not a bad price but it sure pays to wait for those sales as the normal prices are way over the top

Thou art not wrong.:eek: One shop I deal with uses their catalogue when they order bits in for me - I think they split the difference between cost and MM's price...

Motu
28th July 2003, 07:59
I go to their sales cause ya just don't know what you might turn up.This time I got something that was in the wrong place,I thought the pricw was a bit low,even for them - but they honoured the price,so I'm happy.

scorpatic
16th October 2006, 16:44
76' TL-125-S Trials bike for sale.
One owner approx 2500kms, all original tyres - paint - ect., has lights and registration, Stored for many years in a dry garage, good running condition.
$1500.oo :niceone:

Did you ever sell this? I want one if you didnt.
Cheers scorpatic.