PDA

View Full Version : Doggone it!

Beemer
8th September 2007, 10:33
Saw this on Stuff this morning: http://www.stuff.co.nz/4193915a11.html

Cute wee doggie, maybe it was tied up to prevent the bike being stolen - yeah, right!

janno
8th September 2007, 10:41
I used to leave my dogs tied up outside shops or whatever years ago, but I would never do so now. Too many fucktards out there - you never know who will do what to your dog, and if your dog tries to defend itself, it'll be off on it's final trip to the vet before you can blink.

Not worth it, in my opinion.

And from a dog psychology point of view, for many dogs, to be tied up in an open area like that is a highly stressful thing. They like to have a den to look out of, such as a car or on a ute tray.

Beemer
8th September 2007, 10:51
You're not wrong - and what if someone side-swiped the bike and it fell on the dog? It looks so sad and I would be worried it would somehow get loose and run into the traffic. I would imagine the dog would be quite stressed being so close to traffic. Wonder if the owner is Asian - look at the jacket and bed!

mbazza
8th September 2007, 10:59
Nice dog, well looked after, except for the place the owner has left it. Good bike, well equiped for the dogstyle the owner lives. Must have had to leave the pooch in this position and by what we can see, reluctantly. At times we dog owners have to do this. Interesting dog/bike lifestyle. Cheers.
:D

007XX
8th September 2007, 11:04
Was it an impromptu picture or a shot made up for its cuteness?

I miss having a dog, but it can be difficult to have one responsibly when going up and down the country on bike rides for lengthy amounts of time.

Maybe a lap dog is what I need...tucking it in a safe box on the back or something, I don't know...

janno
8th September 2007, 11:06
My boys have come on the bike with me, complete with doggles. They luuuurve it!

I need to work out some sort of good carrybag or crate system so I can take them both at the same time.

But still, I wouldn't leave them for more than a minute or two or else I'd have to be in sight of the bike.

Coldrider
8th September 2007, 11:12
Maybe the SPCA hasn't learnt that some treat their pets better than their children. I bet CYPS have.

imdying
8th September 2007, 11:21
Of course the doggy looks sad... it obviously misses it's doting owner!

caesius
8th September 2007, 11:26
It pisses me off that it used to be "safe" to do this, and as janno said, it's not now.