PDA

View Full Version : Leather

parsley
6th October 2004, 15:18
I recently had my leather jacket stolen (some bastard smashed the driver-side window of my car). I'd had it for 4 years and it was just getting properly worn in. Fitted like a glove, nicely battered... :brick:

Incredibly enough the insurance company has agreed to pay out for the stuff that was swiped :laugh: . I got a quote for a new jacket from Motomail in Auckland for the insurace, but they don't have a terribly good range (especially in my size - seems to be XXXL).

So, does anyone know a good shop in / around Auckland for the purchase of leathers?

jrandom
6th October 2004, 15:29
XXXL

Bloated bugger.

vifferman
6th October 2004, 15:33
So, does anyone know a good shop in / around Auckland for the purchase of leathers?Couldn't Motomail order you some? They're usually pretty good about that sort of thing. Otherwise, it's a matter of cruising around the other bike shops, like Colemans (they seem to have a few), Mt Eden (dunno what they've got, but they're usually OK.

"I feel a violent need for impossible things" - Caligula

Pretty weird, that were... but we (the whole famn damily) enjoyed it anyway, as I told Mr Driver on Monday when I saw him.
(Cue JRandom going, "Ooh, la-de-dah; name-dropping!")

jrandom
6th October 2004, 15:36
Yeah, acksherly, come to think o'it, Mt Eden are probably your best bet. They always have a good selection at the right price and are very helpful.

I'd come down and mention it personally, but I'm too lazy to stir from my ivory tower right now, to be honest.

:innocent:

parsley
6th October 2004, 15:37
Couldn't Motomail order you some?

Oh yes, in fact Holeshot MCs next door to where I work in Takapuna said they could order me anything. But it's been 4 years since I looked at what's available (and that was in the UK) so I really need somewhere with a decent range so I can have a look.

Alternatively, does anyone have any recommendations?

vifferman
6th October 2004, 15:38
I'm too lazy to stir from my ivory tower right now, to be honest.Ooh, Ivory Tower! La-de-dah!!:Pokey:

jrandom
6th October 2004, 15:39
Ooh, Ivory Tower! La-de-dah!!:Pokey:

Ain't got nuffin' but old paper towels to dry our hands on, but.

parsley
6th October 2004, 15:39
Bloated bugger.

Ahem. Pot, kettle?

vifferman
6th October 2004, 15:42
Ahem. Pot, kettle?Nah, just semi-bloated.

jrandom
6th October 2004, 15:43
Ahem. Pot, kettle?

And the merry tinkle of stones transcending the confinement of a glasshouse, indeed.

:bleh:

parsley
6th October 2004, 15:45
And the merry tinkle of stones transcending the confinement of a glasshouse, indeed.

Least I'm not short.

:bash:

jrandom
6th October 2004, 15:49
Least I'm not short.

Oooh, now I'm mad.

See you in ET, punk. Fuel Dump. I gonna *snipe* yo sorry MP40-totin' ass!

kerryg
6th October 2004, 15:50
I recently had my leather jacket stolen (some bastard smashed the driver-side window of my car). I'd had it for 4 years and it was just getting properly worn in. Fitted like a glove, nicely battered... :brick:

Incredibly enough the insurance company has agreed to pay out for the stuff that was swiped :laugh: . I got a quote for a new jacket from Motomail in Auckland for the insurace, but they don't have a terribly good range (especially in my size - seems to be XXXL).

So, does anyone know a good shop in / around Auckland for the purchase of leathers?

Leathers for fat bastards ....are a problem 'cos they don't come in my muscular (Pear) shape especially around my well-developed middle. If the budget will stand it I can recommend the lovely Kerrie at MSW in K Road (ph 3099522) who makes awesome bespoke gear to fit the more well-endowed man....I think a jacket is the better part of a grand or so , so it's been out of my league...but one day

Joni
6th October 2004, 15:51
Oooh, now I'm mad.

Such polite conversation....
:rolleyes:

parsley
6th October 2004, 15:53
Oooh, now I'm mad.

When I was a child,
I spake as a child,
I understood as a child,
I thought as a child:
but when I became a man,
I put away childish things.

Shorty.

jrandom
6th October 2004, 16:00
Shorty.

Repressed hairdresser. :Pokey:

Get on the server boyo, we're starting.

LB
7th October 2004, 04:32
Sorry to get off-topic, but here's a couple of suggestions.

Natural Wear Leather in Chch, ph (03) 379 6174 or email naturalwearleather@xtra.co.nz for your free brochure and key ring.

Leather Direct, in either Chch or Wgtn, ph 0800 392 627

Leather Image in Chch, ph (03) 365 3007 or www.leatherimage.co.nz

Jet Products in Hawkes Bay, ph (06) 878 7949 for their catalogue or www.jetproducts.co.nz

I hasten to point out that I've not used any of the above establishments, I got the details out of Motorcycle Trader and News.

Let us know how you go.

And I'm medium height. But reasonably bloated.

scumdog
7th October 2004, 07:28
Children, chidren!! :calm:

Dodgyiti
7th October 2004, 07:44
Natural Wear make great gear, but why leather?
I have bib and brace, pants, jackets, all leather, all leak, all much colder than cordura, and all more expensive to buy.
I only wear the leather on warm sunny days, so hardly ever actually.
Leather is so 20th century maaan :spudbooge

vifferman
7th October 2004, 07:54
Natural Wear make great gear, but why leather?
I have bib and brace, pants, jackets, all leather, all leak, all much colder than cordura, and all more expensive to buy.
I only wear the leather on warm sunny days, so hardly ever actually.
Leather is so 20th century maaan :spudboogeSo do what I did.
Crash your cordura jacket a few times, and when it's sufficiently holey (or holy), get leather overlays. Best of both worlds.

parsley
8th October 2004, 14:12
Leathers for fat bastards ....are a problem 'cos they don't come in my muscular (Pear) shape especially around my well-developed middle. If the budget will stand it I can recommend the lovely Kerrie at MSW in K Road (ph 3099522) who makes awesome bespoke gear to fit the more well-endowed man....I think a jacket is the better part of a grand or so , so it's been out of my league...but one day

Yes, I've walked past that shop a few times myself. Problem is that when it comes to clothes I have the descriptive powers of a pickled hamster and I don't know if she'll understand the concept of "jacket" followed by some hand-waving.

BTW, it's the width of my shoulders that cause my fitting problems. Purely for the record, you understand... :whocares:

parsley
8th October 2004, 14:14
Sorry to get off-topic, but here's a couple of suggestions.

Excellent, thanks for that. I'll look into it. Just had the cheque from the insurance company. Whoo! :eek:

parsley
8th October 2004, 14:15
Repressed hairdresser. :Pokey:

I always wanted to be a lumberjack...

scumdog
8th October 2004, 14:16

and he's alright.....

jrandom
8th October 2004, 14:20

Leaping from function to function as they float down the mighty editor windows of Visual Studio, with your best debugger by your side?

parsley
8th October 2004, 14:32
Leaping from function to function as they float down the mighty editor windows of Visual Studio, with your best debugger by your side?
Please, it's Embedded Visual Studio.

Big Dog
8th October 2004, 14:38
Moto mail suck in my experience.

I could not get any larger than a 2xl from them.

Red Baron supply my 4XL needs.
What they don't have thay have always happily sourced in about half the time it takes Moto mail. And usually better priced.

jrandom
8th October 2004, 14:44
Please, it's Embedded...

We always knew you wanted to be a lumberjack.

parsley
8th October 2004, 14:50
Red Baron supply my 4XL needs.
What they don't have thay have always happily sourced in about half the time it takes Moto mail. And usually better priced.
<slaps forehead> How did I forget Red Baron? I live opposite them! I must be overworked...

scumdog
8th October 2004, 14:56

Ooh! oooh! cutting, so cutting!!

jrandom
8th October 2004, 15:01
Ooh! oooh! cutting, so cutting!!

'swot we lumberjacks do, innit?

scumdog
8th October 2004, 15:29
'swot we lumberjacks do, innit?

At least SOMEBODY is not slow to pick up a pun :2thumbsup ;)

NC
8th October 2004, 16:06
I can't wait for the fat comments to fly around about me when we all come back from the bike ralley next weekend...

jrandom
8th October 2004, 17:22
I can't wait for the fat comments to fly around about me when we all come back from the bike ralley next weekend...

Nonsense. I'm sure there are no KBers who'd be crass enough to criticise a lady's appearance.

Parsley and I are only hurling fat/short/undereducated/homosexual/bad hairstyle comments because we can close down our browsers and go shoot each other in the head afterwards.

And if that ever fails to give satisfaction, we can trade witty insults by the coffee machine.

NC
8th October 2004, 17:29
Nonsense. I'm sure there are no KBers who'd be crass enough to criticise a lady's appearance.

Parsley and I are only hurling fat/short/undereducated/homosexual/bad hairstyle comments because we can close down our browsers and go shoot each other in the head afterwards.

And if that ever fails to give satisfaction, we can trade witty insults by the coffee machine.

I think I'm past the point of caring today anyway, I don't think anyone else could cause anymore mental anguish that I have had inflicted upon ones self.

Anyway, it's handy being fat. Keeps you warm on the bike. And yah give good hugs. Boney boys are poo.

Ghost Lemur
8th October 2004, 18:31
...Boney boys are poo.

Hey I heard that. :angry2: :angry2:

I'm not boney, I'm a lean mean se><0r machine. :Punk:

SPORK
8th October 2004, 18:39
jrandom, you seem to be playin' some sorta FPS?

I love Call of Duty :)

SPORK
8th October 2004, 18:40

Heeheh.

HELO FAGORTS AND WELCOME TO MY HOMEPAEG, NO HAX0RING!

NC
8th October 2004, 18:42

I apologize humbly :shifty:

White trash
8th October 2004, 19:47
Bloated bugger.

Now now, jr. You know what they say about people who live in glass houses?

They shouldn't masturbate.

scumdog
9th October 2004, 03:48
Now now, jr. You know what they say about people who live in glass houses?

They shouldn't masturbate.

Yes, baiting the master leads to trips in a tumbril and lashings with the whips.