PDA

View Full Version : so much crap to get through

dangerous
6th October 2004, 18:07
OK then, call me a spoil sport or pompus git that I was once bad reped as, but man theres a lot of shit (like this post :mellow: ) being posted here now days..... like half of the posts should be p/m's or held in the chat room and the two word posts that wast space :shit: .
The thing that I find, is a thread starts off good but before long its a two way gas bag about nothing.
Ok some one is going to say 'well dont read it' or 'move on' ya know what I mean......... ohhh crap just ignore me I'm just trying to get my mind of the horrable things that the hospital did to me today and the funeral that I have to be at tomorrow........ opps .... just changed the topic huh :blink: easy to do aye, back to bikes then :spudwave:

NC
6th October 2004, 18:17
OK then, call me a spoil sport or pompus git that I was once bad reped as, but man theres a lot of shit (like this post :mellow: ) being posted here now days..... like half of the posts should be p/m's or held in the chat room and the two word posts that wast space :shit: .
The thing that I find, is a thread starts off good but before long its a two way gas bag about nothing.
Ok some one is going to say 'well dont read it' or 'move on' ya know what I mean......... ohhh crap just ignore me I'm just trying to get my mind of the horrable things that the hospital did to me today and the funeral that I have to be at tomorrow........ opps .... just changed the topic huh :blink: easy to do aye, back to bikes then :spudwave:

:confused:

dangerous
6th October 2004, 18:19
LMAO...... :apint:

MD
6th October 2004, 18:19
Well said
Too right
good point
great post
Bit long
changed course
cheer up
I was tempted to post these seperately Dangerous just for fun. Sounds like a tough week for you. On the bright side YOU LIVE IN CHCH and some of use Cantabs are in exile. Stay away from hospitals and funerals if you can.
MD

Joni
6th October 2004, 18:24

:spudbooge :banana: :banana: :spudbooge
See Dangerous, its all good!!!

Her_C4
6th October 2004, 18:25
Well said
Too right
good point
great post
Bit long
changed course
cheer up

Ditto :sunny:

On the bright side YOU LIVE IN CHCH and some of use Cantabs are in exile.

Double ditto :niceone:

Stay away from hospitals and funerals if you can.
MD

Bluddy 'ell yes! :msn-wink: :spudwave:

MacD
6th October 2004, 18:45
Don't mind me, I'm just getting my feeble post score up towards 100!
:eek:

NC
6th October 2004, 18:51
LMAO...... :apint:

I go off in random tangents in person, so it can't be helped here.

Just having fun, yer know?

*sculls beer*

BARRRRRRPAH!

Pardies :shifty:

Her_C4
6th October 2004, 18:53

Ha ha ha - well done :eek:

laRIKin
6th October 2004, 19:13

:stupid: (sorry DD)
As DD knows
I only read a couple of things then move on to another forum.

manuboy
6th October 2004, 19:21
errrr....... Hospital????

Wot?

Nothing serious i hope?

p.s yeah, theres a *wee* bit of waffle, but every other forum in existance is the same...

manuboy
6th October 2004, 19:24
p.p.s soundz like you need a RIDE! gis a call if you wanna pull that little red machine outta the shed anytime soon....now that you've sorted my scooter i might be able to keep up... :scooter: :scooter:

Marknz
6th October 2004, 19:37

Well my reputation, or what little there is of it, is going to shoot down really quickly on this one, but I have to back up Dangerous on this one. :angry2: There has been a pile of shite written in the forums in the last week or so and not all of us want to read it when we go to "New Posts". If you want to dribble over each other and send one liners, PM it, use the chat room, or send private emails to each other. :Playnice:

Humf, that feels better now :ride:

Ride on and keep the rubber side down :scooter:

The Pastor
6th October 2004, 19:47

Say isnt this post one of the ones you are going on about? Its encourging posts about nothing. like this one.

Besides is it a bad thing that people that get on well have a bit of a chat. If people nead help they post and get help and a chat. Is there anything wrong with that? What has gone wrong in this world that now you cant even have a bit of a chat and bump up your post count like me.

toads
6th October 2004, 19:48
Well my reputation, or what little there is of it, is going to shoot down really quickly on this one, but I have to back up Dangerous on this one. :angry2: There has been a pile of shite written in the forums in the last week or so and not all of us want to read it when we go to "New Posts". If you want to dribble over each other and send one liners, PM it, use the chat room, or send private emails to each other. :Playnice:

Humf, that feels better now :ride:

Ride on and keep the rubber side down :scooter:

Thankyou, I totally agree and feel the same way.

Wenier
6th October 2004, 19:49
We all no that nothing will change thou, the one liners and so on will continue no matter wut we say. Im sure we've all been guilty of it at some stage. Im sure i will have been but wouldnt really realise myself jus like most other people dont.

dangerous
6th October 2004, 19:55
Say isnt this post one of the ones you are going on about? Its encourging posts about nothing. like this one.

Duh..... read between the lines son :msn-wink:

Oscar
6th October 2004, 20:12
OK then, call me a spoil sport or pompus git

Okey DOKEy...

Yer a pompous git.

No, hang on a minute - I did that already...http://www.advrider.com/forums/images/smilies/naughty.gif heheheheh

dangerous
6th October 2004, 20:29
Okey DOKEy...

Yer a pompous git.
No, hang on a minute - I did that already...http://www.advrider.com/forums/images/smilies/naughty.gif heheheheh
emmmm.... hang on a min will ya

back, just wanted to see if you gave me another bad rep with that pompus git.... but ya dident ;)

Kickaha
6th October 2004, 20:35
What has gone wrong in this world that now you cant even have a bit of a chat and bump up your post count like me.

Not that I'm acussing you of this but I don't quite understand the wank about having a high post count,it means nothing if the stuff you post is crap and thats pretty much what Dangerous is going on about

To much crap without any substance!

Oscar
6th October 2004, 20:37
emmmm.... hang on a min will ya

back, just wanted to see if you gave me another bad rep with that pompus git.... but ya dident ;)

Nope.
I may be a grumpy shit (hard to believe but true - ask anyone) but i don't hold a grudge....

...apart from K14 - that little shit...http://www.advrider.com/forums/images/smilies/splat.gif..

http://www.advrider.com/forums/images/smilies/pot.gif

Ms Piggy
6th October 2004, 21:39
On the bright side YOU LIVE IN CHCH and some of use Cantabs are in exile.

How can that be a good thing??? He doesn't live in Wellington :msn-wink:

Ms Piggy
6th October 2004, 21:46
I'm with the grump, the pompus git & that other guy Kicka...something. I get a bit tired of "chat room" type posts. That's why I don't go to chat rooms, too many people just talking shite.

ps. Dangerous - Hopsital! :crazy:

scumdog
6th October 2004, 21:52
I agree too, except for me there is a lot of people wasting everybody elses time with crap.

Now when is this thread going to get onto the topic of beer? - it's WELL overdue :crazy: :beer: :drinknsin

Stevo
6th October 2004, 22:20
Or Bourbon. Bourbon is lots better than beer,and whiskey is better still.
If ya don't want the wiff waff chatter then go to the tuning and tweaking pages.I have learnt a thing or two in there lately.

I am just scrolling looking for a post where spudchucka is :ar15: down Mr Girardin in a ball of flames or vice versa which is generally quite interesting reading........ Hahaaha

Nothing like cops and robbers................... ah I mean cops and traffic cops. NOW there is a new kiddies game!!!!!!!!!
:Offtopic: How funny would that be.......... One bunch of kiddies running around as traffic cops trynna shoot the "cops" and another bunch of kiddies doing vice versa..................................

Hitcher
7th October 2004, 08:19
A lesson from the late, "great" Wikd1 to all volume posters:

"There is no toaster oven award for 3,500 posts"

Drunken Monkey
7th October 2004, 08:24
blah blah blah...Toto

Are you just taking the piss, Hitcher, or did you really not know the actual lyrics are:

"I bless the rains down in Africa"

vifferman
7th October 2004, 08:29
Are you just taking the piss, Hitcher, or did you really not know the actual lyrics are:

"I bless the rains down in Africa"I thought it were
"I guess it rains clowns in A-A-A-Africa!"

Heh... that song was on a telly commercial or summat the other day, and my son goes, "Man, this is a shit song! What sort of crap group is that?!?"
"Ah.. that there is a studio band, dude."

Oh - sorry, Dangerous. Crap again, I guess. :spudwhat:
My bad.... :weep:

Drunken Monkey
7th October 2004, 08:34
I thought it were

[snip]

Nah, it's really important to get these things right...

Posh Tourer :P
7th October 2004, 08:40
Thankyou, I totally agree and feel the same way.

Fourthed (I think) - but then I dont read every thread anyway - I gave up long ago.....

Still waste too much time here though. Whats annoying is when a thread is at 100 posts and bears no resemblance to the original, and you cant remember which misleading title was the one you wanted to look under, and which ones were crap :angry:

vifferman
7th October 2004, 09:09
Kewl! This forum is finally mature. At this point, a whole lot of users will post a rant complaining about how much the forum has deviated from their idea of what it should be, then leave en masse.

A few months down the track, the whole cycle will repeat itself, and Whoah! Deja vu!
All forums are like this, except the ones that are religiously 'kept in line', to adhere to their pure Aryan bloodlines, by zealous and overbearing Forum Nazis.
Thankfully, SpankMe has kept a very light hand on the reins, thus allowing all sorts of interesting and entertaining stuff to propagate on this here site.
If it goes the way of most fora, SpankMe will eventually get tired/bored/disillusioned/broke/ abducted by space aliens or run out of space/money/patience and kick us all off, and close the forum down. Then we can all resume our normal pre-KB lives, and find somewhere else to bleat/show off/vent our frustrations/complain about peple deviating from our warped view of what things should be like.

Enjoy it while you can.

Posh Tourer :P
7th October 2004, 09:16
And then complain about how its never gonna be like the old forum....

"Back in my day....." :D

Yokai
7th October 2004, 09:19
I thought it were

Heh... that song was on a telly commercial or summat the other day, and my son goes, "Man, this is a shit song! What sort of crap group is that?!?"
"Ah.. that there is a studio band, dude."

I rest my Brains down in Aaaaaaaffrrrica

Yoka
Frankly I rest my brains anywhere I can - anyone seen my left temporal lobe - I think I left it on the bus.

dangerous
7th October 2004, 09:44
"I bless the rains down in Africa"
correct...... top band :rockon:

James Deuce
7th October 2004, 10:05
I don't think it matters so long as the crap is in the right forum.

And yes, Hitcher has been taking this piss for ages with his sigs - make sure you check them out because some of them are absolute crack ups.

Someone said beer earlier - where is it?

merv
7th October 2004, 10:45
I don't think it matters so long as the crap is in the right forum.

And yes, Hitcher has been taking this piss for ages with his sigs - make sure you check them out because some of them are absolute crack ups.

Someone said beer earlier - where is it?

Damn I've been missing the sigs because I got sick of Wkid's huge ones last year and turned them all off to save scrolling down so much.

wari
7th October 2004, 10:45
I CAnt read long posts ...

It slows downe my speede readin' .. :yeah:

AND my shorte term memorry is so short that most of the time by the time I getto reply I've either forgotten the subject orr ... something else ...

SEE ... I firgotte already ... :spudwave:

BUtt hey ... life is ... :sunny:

ANd riding is beauuuuutifulll ... :niceone:

AND thats the thinge that countes most eh ? ...

AT ease everyone ... :spudbooge

merv
7th October 2004, 11:10
Post all the crap you like, I'll read some of it.

That's the fun of this thing really, we hear all sorts of stuff about all sorts of things from a group of bikers. Where else can that be had in NZ?

I would hate to see it change - remember I'm the one who said I was even happy hearing cage stuff from bikers. If I can't be bothered with a thread I'll move on, but I like being able to make that choice myself.

kerryg
7th October 2004, 11:44
This is probably gonna make me seem like a big wowser or worse but I just HAVE to say this mate.....

the stuff you've got under your signature about killing babies is totally tasteless...

I guess it's supposed to be funny but I don't see the humour in it. It just seems, well, crass to me.....

I have a different stance on abortion: I'm against abortion, but for killing babies. That way everyone loses, and I win. I'm neither pro choice, nor pro life; I'm pro you-shutting-the-hell-up. The only way I'd be "pro choice" is if it meant I could choose which babies I could abort, and only then if I could lift the age restriction to 80.

UNQUOTE

Hitcher
7th October 2004, 11:50
the stuff you've got under your signature about killing babies is totally tasteless...
What on earth are you talking about? Or do I need to visit an optometrist?

Ms Piggy
7th October 2004, 16:19
What on earth are you talking about? Or do I need to visit an optometrist?
Ummmmm....errrrrr. Yeah kerryg - who's signature are you talking about??

Oooo I hope my arepostraafees are in the correct place! :bleh:

Blakamin
7th October 2004, 16:38
Renegade master should change his sig.....

Hitcher
7th October 2004, 16:44
Ummmmm....errrrrr. Yeah kerryg - who's signature are you talking about??

Oooo I hope my arepostraafees are in the correct place!
Well, no it isn't. You really meant to use "Whose", didn't you??

Coyote
7th October 2004, 17:04
I'll do the same!

Coyote
7th October 2004, 17:17
This is probably gonna make me seem like a big wowser or worse but I just HAVE to say this mate.....

I guess it's supposed to be funny but I don't see the humour in it. It just seems, well, crass to me.....

I have a different stance on abortion: I'm against abortion, but for killing babies. That way everyone loses, and I win. I'm neither pro choice, nor pro life; I'm pro you-shutting-the-hell-up. The only way I'd be "pro choice" is if it meant I could choose which babies I could abort, and only then if I could lift the age restriction to 80.

UNQUOTE
Well your gonna love the site it originated from: http://maddox.xmission.com (maddox.xmission.com)
This site is by far the Dogs bollocks.

For every animal you don't eat, I'll eat three!

Brilliant site

gav
7th October 2004, 19:07
I agree with DD, there really is alot of waffle here , the RGV vs FXR topic is a fine example, hmm, maybe its a younger crowd here, now? Does anyone use the chat room?

badlieutenant
7th October 2004, 19:35
I agree with DD, there really is alot of waffle here , the RGV vs FXR topic is a fine example, hmm, maybe its a younger crowd here, now? Does anyone use the chat room?
chat room ?

StoneChucker
7th October 2004, 20:55
I think the reason why SOME of the posts lack a little substance (and yes, I know ALL my posts lack substance, well, have a great deal of ANOTHER substance), is that the chat room is really slow, and you could probably converse faster in the forums.

Also, you will often find that someone will start a thread and it may continue, or evolve into something completely different, it doesn't matter what really, but discussion will occur, and people will share thoughts and information. Not every thread will be enjoyed by every reader, so as Jim says, stop reading when you get sick of it. But come on, we all know the truth, once you join the KB site, you're transfixed into reading anything and everything that is posted, and forming a strong personal opinion, which you will debate to the death :calm: :whistle: :msn-wink:

gav
7th October 2004, 21:08
Hey bad lieutenant
gotta photo for ya!

http://gavin.sportbikeworld.com/images/vfrlogo.jpg

Ms Piggy
7th October 2004, 21:12
Well, no it isn't. You really meant to use "Whose", didn't you??
Yes, yes, definitely I did sir Mr H sir, sorry sir Mr H sir, it won't happen again until next time.

dangerous
7th October 2004, 21:16
yeah........ I finaly did it, managed to get one of my threads to the 4th page :moon: bugger trying to keep up the post numbers... its about a good thread about nothing :msn-wink:

Anyway I got over my wee visit to hospital, and I'm even walking straight again :buggerd: Then theres planting my Dad today :bye: ..... shit even that wasent all that bad, he had a bike once a James 125 what ever that is :spudwhat:
Anyway all good replys people interesting in deed... now if ya want to talk about beer, well go ahead I aint gona, I drank too much today.... cos Dad would have wanted me too :niceone: and i think I'm going to pay for it the brains starting to hurt already :spudwave:

Marknz
7th October 2004, 21:19
Very sorry to hear it D, and hope you're feeling better in the morning fella.

Keep your head up mate :msn-wink:

Gasman
7th October 2004, 21:22
yeah........ I finaly did it, managed to get one of my threads to the 4th page :moon: bugger trying to keep up the post numbers... its about a good thread about nothing :msn-wink:

Anyway I got over my wee visit to hospital, and I'm even walking straight again :buggerd: Then theres planting my Dad today :bye: ..... shit even that wasent all that bad, he had a bike once a James 125 what ever that is :spudwhat:
Anyway all good replys people interesting in deed... now if ya want to talk about beer, well go ahead I aint gona, I drank too much today.... cos Dad would have wanted me too :niceone: and i think I'm going to pay for it the brains starting to hurt already :spudwave:This is a good example of why, sometimes the waffling threads can turn out interesting. Firstly, commiserations about your Dad. Bad Karma. Also, what exactly was/is a James 125?

dangerous
7th October 2004, 21:25
Hey bad lieutenant
gotta photo for ya!

Get a real one Gav :bleh: This was a back up bike of mine I just sold it has 140,000km on it and I paid $2000 not bad aye? BTW I checked out the cams etc when doing a tune up and at that milage there was no sign of weir anywere. :yes:

dangerous
7th October 2004, 21:30
Also, what exactly was/is a James 125?
Come on you oldies answer this one :eek: all I know is that its a 125 two stroke from the 50's or 60's

Storm
7th October 2004, 21:31
Mr D
Sorry to hear it mate. On another note, berroca is a great thing for the next morning.- and a huge greasy feed does wonders for the guts

gav
7th October 2004, 21:42
Get a real one Gav :bleh: This was a back up bike of mine I just sold it has 140,000km on it and I paid $2000 not bad aye? BTW I checked out the cams etc when doing a tune up and at that milage there was no sign of weir anywere. :yes:
I use to have one as well, swapped a TDR250 for it, later sold it and part traded a mint 85 VF750F Interceptor. Mine had K&N filter, Yoshi 4-1 slip on, rejetted, RC30 radiator (!) CBR600 front wheel, and a few other little mods, very cool bike. :2thumbsup

badlieutenant
7th October 2004, 21:43
Hey bad lieutenant
gotta photo for ya!

!!! dude !!! ive got a file of vfr pics and thats one of the best ive seen :D
like the reference in the reflection:)

gav
7th October 2004, 21:55
http://www.ozebook.com/az/jamesautobad.gif
http://www.ozebook.com/james.jpg

http://http://www.ozebook.com/az/jamesfirst.jpg
http://www.ozebook.com/az/james500twin.jpg
http://www.ozebook.com/az/jamesber.jpg
http://www.ozebook.com/az/jamescad60.jpg
http://www.ozebook.com/az/JamesGB56.jpg
http://www.ozebook.com/az/jamesml.jpg
http://www.ozebook.com/az/jamessafety.jpg
James Motorcycle info (http://www.geocities.com/bhamtestersrun/james.htm)
more James stuff here (http://www.simplywizard.co.uk/)

badlieutenant
7th October 2004, 22:55
probably good for another 100,000. Dont laugh, it has happened alot. :D

dangerous
9th October 2004, 21:48
Mr D Sorry to hear it mate.

Very sorry to hear it D

commiserations about your Dad.

Thanks guys............... and also big thanks to CSL for the card and also to
Toads, Madduck, Her_B4, Kickaha, K14 and SuzyQ whos Dad also died last Saturday.

ps: hope I dident leave anybody out.

DD