PDA

View Full Version : Woooo hoooo!!!! I passed..

Her_C4
6th October 2004, 18:17
my full licence today!! :rockon: I am now LEGAL!! :ar15:

I am sooo rapt - that I thought I would share it here... :2thumbsup

I did the full day CBTA course with Lynn and Andrew Templeton from Ridesafe. The day started at 9am in J'ville for theory and vids, and then progressed to Upper Hutt where we did refreshers on manoeuvering at slow speed, counter steering, braking, taking a pillion etc (my first time and it was bloody awful :shit: ).

It finished about 6pm with a preset route through Whitemans (sp?) Valley and around Upper Hutt.

Everyone passed and it was a very supportive atmosphere (even when I fully made a nod out of myself in having difficulty with the slow tight turns (throttle meets tank!) :o ) so all in all a good day. X section of people and ages and a x section of bikes made it interesting as well.

Now I just have to post away my certificate for the real thing and try not to get any speeding tickets as I zot up and away around the countryside... :ride:

Wooo hooo - what a blast .... :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

aff-man
6th October 2004, 18:21
Well done and congrats........ so the big question is .. is there a bigger big in your future.

p.s. did you have to take pillions for the test or was it just to practice????

Well done again

Hooks
6th October 2004, 18:21
At last !!! ... now the window shopping and tyre kicking can stop :bleh: and you can get out and do it !! :done: :spudbooge
Look out world ... she's coming !!! :eek5:

GO GIRL !!!!!

dangerous
6th October 2004, 18:27
sweet, good on ya and congrads....... now theres only one other thing I'd like to say, say it with me HB4......... Larverda Larverda Larverda :eek: ok three things then

Blakamin
6th October 2004, 18:27
my full licence today!! :rockon: I am now LEGAL!!
Congrats!!!!! cant wait to see your new bike when you get it! :niceone:

Joni
6th October 2004, 18:29
Yeah... well done!!!! :2thumbsup

Her_C4
6th October 2004, 18:37
Well done and congrats........ so the big question is .. is there a bigger big in your future.

Aww shucks thanks - a bigger 'big'?? well a girl can live in hope can't she??? Ooohhh you mean a bike? ha ha ha :killingme oooooeeeerrrrrr yeah - could well be :msn-wink:

p.s. did you have to take pillions for the test or was it just to practice????

No - it was practice only - to recognise the extra load on the bike (brakes, cornering, acceleration etc). Was all good..

At last !!! ... now the window shopping and tyre kicking can stop and you can get out and do it !!

An don't ya just know it - I happen to have a bit of time to do just that!!! :eek: ha ha ha

Larverda Larverda Larverda ok three things then

Hmmmmmmmm that has a ring to it?? Larverda Larverda Larverda Larverda Larverda Larverda Larverda Larverda Larverda Larverda Larverda Larverda Larverda Larverda Larverda Larverda Larverda Larverda Larverda Larverda Larverda Larverda Larverda Larverda Larverda Larverda Larverda Larverda Larverda Larverda ha ha ha :sunny: :niceone:

Her_C4
6th October 2004, 18:39
Congrats!!!!! cant wait to see your new bike when you get it! :niceone:

ooooooooooo - me neither!!!! :eek:

2_SL0
6th October 2004, 18:42
Congrats :niceone: Im so far away from that point it aint funny :weep:

jaxda
6th October 2004, 18:58
well done. I am also well on the way to a full licence, just need to book my restricted first :msn-wink: Not sure if 7 yrs on learners is long enough though! Not that I procrastinate about going for the next stage, or maybe I do, I'll think about it tomorrow. :niceone:

merv
6th October 2004, 19:08
Good on ya. Look forward to seeing you a new bike soon.

toads
6th October 2004, 19:11
congratulations, what a long day for you, I bet you are glad it's over

NC
6th October 2004, 19:29
Wicked! :D

MrMelon
6th October 2004, 19:40
Good work :D
I did that course last month and it was a pretty cool day.

Now bike shopping's the fun part! :)

Wenier
6th October 2004, 19:45
Good on ya, congrats. Wuts the course like, Andrew was talking me into it but the LTSA took to long to approve it and i got my full the normal way.

Sparky Bills
6th October 2004, 19:48
Its a good felling, Aint it!
(no real limits that is)
I did that course a couple of months ago, (or was it just one?)
Found it dragged out a bit, but hey..
Look what we get in the end!
So...
Any new toys on the way? :niceone:

bane
6th October 2004, 19:51
well done. I am also well on the way to a full licence, just need to book my restricted first :msn-wink: Not sure if 7 yrs on learners is long enough though! Not that I procrastinate about going for the next stage, or maybe I do, I'll think about it tomorrow. :niceone:

I spent 15 years on my learners, then went from learners to full in 3 months!... just needed to buy a 750 for motivation

btw congrats Her_B4. Just the feeling that ya could (if u wanted to) buy/ride any bike is worth it. :niceone:

thehollowmen
6th October 2004, 20:07
Much congrats!

got on a big one for a spin yet?

Her_C4
6th October 2004, 20:09
congratulations, what a long day for you, I bet you are glad it's over

Thanks Guy(es)s,

Yes it was a bloody long day actually but I think it was worth it. :first: - now I WOULD be out shopping but I am going on hols for 3 1/2 weeks so I guess that will just make the test / selection and purchase all the sweeter.... :Punk:

:scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter:

Her_C4
6th October 2004, 20:16
Much congrats!

got on a big one for a spin yet? :ride:

Nah not yet ..... but I do have my eye out in case anyone wants to lend me theirs :hug: ..... all in the name of science of course :yeah: ... ha ha ha

dhunt
6th October 2004, 20:40
Congratulations!!! :first: It must feel nice passing your test.

So was the course worth going to? (Besides the part about getting the license). I.E did you learn anything at it?

David

Her_C4
6th October 2004, 20:54
Congratulations!!! :first: It must feel nice passing your test.

So was the course worth going to? (Besides the part about getting the license). I.E did you learn anything at it?

David

yeah for me personally there was. My biggest mistake (and I used to make as a young'un as well,) is to keep looking down - and I found to my horror that I still do that!!

Now that I am more aware of this and a whole seething mass of other little 'freakish quirks' (like trying to biff my pillion - well it was my FIRST time!!! :shit: ) I know that I will ride a lot safer. :Punk:

Now if I can just remember where I put the damned keys..... :o

FROSTY
6th October 2004, 20:56
Hey good onya :2thumbsup
Glad to see another rider out there.

jazbug5
6th October 2004, 21:00
Congratulations.. you must really be stoked..!
:banana:
Just one question: how long were you on your learner's?

mangell6
6th October 2004, 21:06
Yahoo, another luni on the road. Well done. Thats two for today.

When is the "looking for bikes" trip being organised. Lynda can assist in the organisation.

Ms Piggy
6th October 2004, 21:06
Well Done Chrissie!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Her_C4
6th October 2004, 21:13
Congratulations.. you must really be stoked..!
:banana:
Just one question: how long were you on your learner's?

Thanks!! :sunny:

I was on my learners for a couple of years because the 'ole (and I really mean OLD and EFFING DECREPID) GN250 that I had, spent more time off the road than on it. It needed more than a damned :doctor: !!! You get what you pay for in the end eh? :whistle:

I decided in the end that I would have to bite the damned bullet and pay some decent money for a bike ... so I bought the CBR about 5 months ago and rode it for a month before sitting my restricted. :niceone:

Cheers,
Chrissie

Bob
6th October 2004, 21:17
Not sure if 7 yrs on learners is long enough though! Not that I procrastinate about going for the next stage, or maybe I do, I'll think about it tomorrow. :niceone:

Can you guys really take as long as you want on learner bikes?

Over here in occasionally sunny England, we have a limited amount of time on a learner licence - I think it is two or three years. If you don't take (and pass) your full test in that time, then you lose your licence and cannot reapply for 12 months.

If you just want to ride 125cc or below (that is our learner capacity over here - yes, it is pants) you can take a test that only lets you ride up to that capacity. Otherwise you pass full test and spend two years restricted to 250cc, then afterwards you can ride any capacity bike.

Of course, the EU are looking to change this and bring in more 'time-restricted' capacity limits and put in some more tests, but this is what we get for letting even more meddling politicos into our lives over here!

But back to the main point - well done on passing your test!

Bob

Her_C4
6th October 2004, 21:18
Yahoo, another luni on the road. Well done. Thats two for today.

When is the "looking for bikes" trip being organised. Lynda can assist in the organisation.

Errrr :crazy:

I believe that that trip started quite some time ago....... hence the reference to the tyre kicking in the earlier post :Punk:

I haven't yet selected which magnificient beast I shall settle on - but I CAN assure you that it will have two wheels (no trainers) and I would be blessed indeed if it favoured an italian origin....... :scooter:

Ha ha ha - no point buying anything too soon eh? take all the fun out the looking!!!:first:

dhunt
6th October 2004, 21:20
Can you guys really take as long as you want on learner bikes?
I think you have 10 years. Then you have to renew it Although I never heard of anyone doing that.

2_SL0
6th October 2004, 21:22
Her_B4, what was the course you did and what did it enable you to do with regards to licence and time? :ride:

ching_ching
6th October 2004, 21:35
Get down and get funky!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

:2thumbsup

Slim
6th October 2004, 22:15
Another chick with a full licence. Excellent! :done:

Stevo
6th October 2004, 22:35
Damn! Cannot wait to get mine. Just got my restricted last week so still six months to goooo.......! AND worst of all have a date with the Tax Man about the same time so I think a bigger badder bike will be some way off even once I get off the restrictions!!!

Congrats all the same.

More importantly (than bigger bikes at least) hope you can fix your little riding errors so you can ride safe :msn-wink:

LB
7th October 2004, 05:14
Well done Chrissie!!!!

Roll on the new bike!!

PS: It's "Laverda" I do believe

Hitcher
7th October 2004, 08:13
Congratulations Chrissie. Mrs H asked me last night whether I had heard if you had passed or not, so now we know.

We are former CBTA graduates and really value the skills we learned on this course. I highly recommend it.

wari
7th October 2004, 08:14
CHeeeeeeeoyce worke there her_b4 ... :not:

BTW .. doyou eat meat ... ? :spudwhat:

JUste curiouse ... :whistle:

:sunny:

Her_C4
7th October 2004, 21:12
Her_B4, what was the course you did and what did it enable you to do with regards to licence and time? :ride:

Hiya Judderbar,

Thought it more helpful for you to investigate their site yourself:

http://www.roadsafe.co.nz :scooter:

check it out!:)

Cheers,
Chrissie

Her_C4
7th October 2004, 21:20
Congratulations Chrissie. Mrs H asked me last night whether I had heard if you had passed or not, so now we know.

We are former CBTA graduates and really value the skills we learned on this course. I highly recommend it.

Hiya Hitcher (and the lovely Mrs H) :spudwave:

- thanks for that - the world is now my oyster so to speak!!! :cool2: :sunny:

... great meeting you two the other day by the way :niceone:

Cheers,
Chrissie

Her_C4
7th October 2004, 21:34
Well done Chrissie!!!!

Roll on the new bike!!

PS: It's "Laverda" I do believe

THANKS :spudwave: ....As if you didn't know that you and Hamish had a lot to do with all that flurry of last minute practice for me over the past couple of weeks.... :msn-wink: Ha ha ha

Now don't make too many assumptions there Lynda Blair - there are two more bikes that I have lined up for test rides (ok - I meant a test ride for a test rider! :not: ) when I get back from Aussie. For some reason they are not too keen to let me out the door of the shop with bikes that I can't touch the ground on ....whats that about d'ya reckon? :blink:

..BTW .. doyou eat meat ... ? :spudwhat:

Hey Wari!! the ref is primarily to my car - but a good skills as I selected it originally for the double entendre (herbivore).. well done :niceone:

wari
8th October 2004, 06:41
Hey Wari!! the ref is primarily to my car - but a good skills as I selected it originally for the double entendre (herbivore).. well done :niceone:

SHarrrrrrrrrrrrrrp asa pin me ... :spudwave:

2_SL0
8th October 2004, 07:02
Thanks, Ill have a looksee. :yes:

Two Smoker
8th October 2004, 07:06
Shit im a bit behind the times........ Congrats Chrissie :niceone: :) your going to have a shit load of fun on a bigger bike hehehe, if you want similar performance to your B4 go for a 400cc sport bike..... If you want alot of fun and scaring yourself go the 600 :niceone:

Eyetie
8th October 2004, 07:22
Congratulations, I did my CBTA in Auckland on the 25th of September and was stoked to pass, they told us to be careful until we receive the full license from the LTSA as they said if you get ticketed even in a car they can and have revoked the exemption, would like to know when you and others who have done a CBTA course have actually recieved there license.
I got a letter dated the 1st of October to say that they have received my application etc, and the full license will be issued within 2-3 weeks, but was under the impression from other paperwork I received from Passrite they would mail out a temporary license first this does not seem to be the case though?, still its better than waiting 6 months. :niceone:

rodgerd
8th October 2004, 07:33
Congratulations, I did my CBTA in Auckland on the 25th of September and was stoked to pass, they told us to be careful until we receive the full license from the LTSA as they said if you get ticketed even in a car they can and have revoked the exemption, would like to know when you and others who have done a CBTA course have actually recieved there license.
I got a letter dated the 1st of October to say that they have received my application etc, and the full license will be issued within 2-3 weeks, but was under the impression from other paperwork I received from Passrite they would mail out a temporary license first this does not seem to be the case though?, still its better than waiting 6 months.

Got a temporary within a week and a full a couple of weeks later.

I was all over the mailbox until it arrived...

the yoshie
8th October 2004, 07:42
Well done girl so you can ride on the road. Just like everyone esle on your
couse. now can you do it on track manfield 24th oct and see how go you really are. :ride: