PDA

View Full Version : What colour???

aff-man
22nd July 2003, 10:24
Well after multiple damage to the fairings of which i did none it's gonna be in a few weeks time but i'm gonna repaint the bike. At the moment it's a metallic cobalt blue( will try post pic) but what colour should it be. According to coldkiwi if it's not green it's not a good bike but i am just researching what colour sells the best looks the best ect ect... on the vt250. Maybe a red but not pink there will be a few marks so lighter colours will show rubbish. Any suggestions looking at early to mid september to paint. Cheers

bluninja
22nd July 2003, 10:47
In my uneducated, ill informed, unqualified opinion :D I would recommend having the bike painted in an OEM colour for the model and year. Less questions, and anomolies to chunk up a buyers brain.

TTFN

bikerboy
22nd July 2003, 11:24
How can someone so uneducated, ill informed and unqualified make so much sense?:D

Duke of Rogan
22nd July 2003, 12:31
my first bike was a VT250F ('86 I think)

I had it painted a couple of times, the first was a homer done in a blue, which looked OK, but the second time was done in a spray booth by a car-painting friend, and he used some left over paint to create a darkish purple with lots of pearl, and this looked great!

very non-standard colours, but it looked much better than the standard light blue, or white and pink...

wkid_one
22nd July 2003, 12:39
Agree with Blu - same paint and decals - easier the resell

aff-man
22nd July 2003, 12:40
mine was the origional vt250fg special edition so it was the baby blue colour:(  So i changed it. I will be doing a self spray job it don't look to bad and will be less than half the price. Apparently i can get cheap decals made up by signwriters(anybody know anybody) but that still leaves the colour. Mmmmmmmmmm hey bb would i get killed to much if i stole the ducati red :D :D :D

bikerboy
22nd July 2003, 18:55
Absolutely........................................ .......not.:D

There are a lot of red bikes out there. After all it's the bike and name not the colour that makes'em great.

Ducati:love:

aff-man
22nd July 2003, 20:53
i know i know and the colour is about as close as i'll get (sighs) :(

I have white rims as well and might turn them black but now the big question to take off tyres or just masking tape them hmmmm decsions descions. Does anyone know the cheapest place to get a bike sprayed cause if it's like only $100 - $150 more than it'll cost for me to do it i might let the professionals do it but if not i'm on my own.

Mitch
22nd July 2003, 21:12
Local painter with some smarts isn't a bad bet aff-man.  If you do the prep work yourself it should keep it cheap. 

Friend of mine does signwriting as a sideline thing but has all the good gear.  Paul 025500887 would be worth a try.

Mitch
22nd July 2003, 21:14
P.S. If the original color is baby blue I would have to suggest changing it!!!!!!!!!! :D

bikerboy
28th July 2003, 20:00
Well AFFMAN, any decisions?

Have you been riding or still repairing the damage from CK's girlie?:D

aff-man
29th July 2003, 12:30
Been out and about after finally getting the parts sorted. And man it's been quite fun it looks like i'll be painting mid september due to paint drying faster in warm weather. Maybe going to puke' you comin?? As to the colour well i still have no idea what is your suggestion bb you've seen the bike so.....?

Coldkiwi
29th July 2003, 12:34
PAINT THE BASTARD THING GREEN I TELL YOU!!

aff-man
29th July 2003, 12:37
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Motoracer
29th July 2003, 12:48
As much as I love green on a Kawasaki (especially a green 2003 ZX-6RR), I don't think green would be the colour for the honda vt250. I would go for metalic blue or red/white and slap some HRC stickers to make it look fancy.

bikerboy
29th July 2003, 14:10
Well I must agree with motoracer, sorry KK.

I thought it looked good in the colour it was, but trad Honda red/white or Blue/white would look good.

As for puke, weather permiting I'll be there but not racing, just riding as I got to get a d/w for granny, rebuild my car engine, repaint the house .....
..........:Oops:

SPman
29th July 2003, 18:38
PINK and WHITE, with a bit of BLUE, them's the colours.........:)

aff-man
30th July 2003, 08:50
arse what is up with people and suggesting pink i mean there are only 2 bikes i've ever seen pink one was a custom paint of one of those american star boys or whatever the other advertised as pink was really red. No offence to anyone who particularly likes the colour pink but pink and green are out. The choice is now the colour it is (maybe you'll see it at puke if i'm there) or a nice deep red i cannot think of any other appropriate colours. Due to monetary restrictions i can only go 1 colour so........ I dunno maybe yellow,orange,silver,black,purple,maroon,light blue, dark blue, metallic cobalt blue(now colour),royal blue, i dunno i need a fancy computer program to try them all out:beer: :beer: :beer:

bikerboy
30th July 2003, 09:53
Silver always looks nice and would be a change from blue. Red is good but very common.

Why doesn't someone set up a poll?:eek:

PZR
30th July 2003, 12:38
Paint it the original colours or as close as you can get. It will retain a better resale as it does'nt look like its been messed about with to much. I,m finding car painters do not know sod all about dealing with plastics so watch who and what you get to do the work. Hunt around. Watch for problems in paint and primer types, especially those that will not flex with the plastics. Quotes for mine so far have varied from $400.00 to $1500.00 (Yeh right!!!)
Statistics show that red and black bikes are the most poular colours
Yeah, red goes faster and black always looks cool. Its a bitch to keep clean tho!

Coldkiwi
30th July 2003, 12:44
PZR... you're technically right about respraying like an original... but in this case, the original colours hurt the resale value!! baby blue and white... oooh yeah, i'll get me one of those! (no offence aff-man!)

gloss black or a nice silver would be pretty classy

Kwaka-Kid
30th July 2003, 13:45
hey BB, you said KK up there when u meant CK, damn, getting to use my initials too much for bad things eh, making a habbit of it now are we?

I say paint the thing white! just plain old whist with the Honda and HRC stickers :D

white rocks u all :)

Gixxer
30th July 2003, 17:00
had my 750 painted for $600 by this dude Andrew 4431443 works on Wairau Rd, recommended by our friends at leading edge.

I did most of the prep work and he fixed up the mess i made, black with silver pearl.

bikerboy
30th July 2003, 17:14
Confussing CK for KK :gob: , never !

Just making sure your not asleep on the job KK :D

MI SCUZZA CK :(