PDA

View Full Version : Stunt Bikes?

placidfemme
11th September 2007, 16:00
Hey

Just a random Q?

With my insurane money I'm looking to buy my next bike... the budget isn't great... but yeah...

I'd like to know what everyone (or anyone) thinks would be a good road bike that I could also use to learn to stunt on... I'd be looking at a sports bike hopefully 600+

Any suggestions?

koba
11th September 2007, 16:39
I Have no idea really but Drews stunta is an old FZR750, I think more because it was lying around than being ideal.

The carbs don't like stoppies as the float level is so upset it can cut out.

Otherwise it seems "mint".

See his thread:
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=55573

Buddy L
11th September 2007, 20:32
Out of the 600's that i have tryed, all will do the stoppies (anything can)
But for wheelies in standard trim i found that the R6's would lift the front wheel the easiest, then the zxr's. ect ect.
But if your looking at learning to stunt, i would look for something that has already had the scars to prove its worth, a few more won't hurt.
I was thinking about getting a stunter myself but that kinda went out the window.
I was looking for a beating up SV650.

koba
11th September 2007, 20:39
Yeah, needs to have lotsa tourques ideally. but also good throttle response, so big cylinders aren't so good. SV650 ideal, altho expensive even for a bashed up one. Maybe old Gixxer 1100 or somthing similarly silly?

placidfemme
12th September 2007, 07:47
Yeah I considered the SV650... But yeah they're not cheap, not even for a beat up old one...

I don't think I'd go for anything as big as 1100... I'm only 48kg's or something stupid like that...

Coyote
12th September 2007, 07:49
RG150 :blip:

The pillion grabrail looks like a good place to stand on

owner
12th September 2007, 09:36
CBRF234i cheap as chips its your only option

placidfemme
12th September 2007, 15:56
CBRF234i cheap as chips its your only option

um... ok... thats a honda right? what cc is it? (stupid question proberly)

bert_is_evil
12th September 2007, 17:06
How about this one (I know nothing about stunt bike requirements, just saw that this is cheap)

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=56119

R6_kid
12th September 2007, 17:36
um... ok... thats a honda right? what cc is it? (stupid question proberly)

i think he means CBRF2, CBRf3, CBR4f or CBR4fi... all 600cc's, different generations of the same beast, the last being the injected one. The F4i was one of the most popular stunt bikes after the CBR954RR, but now that people are getting in to low speed stuff the 600's are starting to become more dominant due to lighter weight.

For someone like yourself i would reccomend getting a pit bike to start off with. Less initial outlay, cheaper to fix, and far less worry if you crash. Also it's at much slower speed so not as scary.

Then once your skill level is up enough you can splash out on a 600 and not worry about crashing/dropping it (so much) and you will be much more confident.

Otherwise if you want to make the leap there is a CBR600 (i think) pretty much ready for stunting on trademe that just needs some engine work, $1700 ono last time i checked.

placidfemme
13th September 2007, 07:52
i think he means CBRF2, CBRf3, CBR4f or CBR4fi... all 600cc's, different generations of the same beast, the last being the injected one. The F4i was one of the most popular stunt bikes after the CBR954RR, but now that people are getting in to low speed stuff the 600's are starting to become more dominant due to lighter weight.

For someone like yourself i would reccomend getting a pit bike to start off with. Less initial outlay, cheaper to fix, and far less worry if you crash. Also it's at much slower speed so not as scary.

Then once your skill level is up enough you can splash out on a 600 and not worry about crashing/dropping it (so much) and you will be much more confident.

Otherwise if you want to make the leap there is a CBR600 (i think) pretty much ready for stunting on trademe that just needs some engine work, $1700 ono last time i checked.

Cheers for the advice... but I need a bike I can commute on too... so can't go for a pit bike... (lol might think about buying one for fun though)...

*runs off to check trademe*

westie
14th September 2007, 00:01

Morcs just bought that one today. It needs some work but should be a good bike.:scooter:

Morcs
14th September 2007, 16:41
Muwhahaha!

Runs so much better with the new can on :D

Buddy L
14th September 2007, 17:06
here you go, just get the rims respoked into motard rims about $500 each
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Dual-purpose/photos/a-117231826/p-48510360/k-415714.htm

And get the shocks stiffened to suit.
And you will have the minter for a stunter and also a comfy commuters
And fast around town!!

owner
14th September 2007, 20:03
did it still have the FIAT down drafts on it morcs?

Morcs
15th September 2007, 14:39
did it still have the FIAT down drafts on it morcs?

Nah the dude only put the fiat carbs on to see if the problem was carbs or electrical. Its deffo a carb problem...

Morcs
15th September 2007, 19:07
I just blew it up lol...

Was trying to start it repeatedly... something went bang. Then saw tank was bone dry...

:(

But otherwise looking good, got a new zaust on it, painted the hugger and headers, tired up wiring, heaps of degreaser and a good clean :D

westie
15th September 2007, 22:51
I just blew it up lol...

Was trying to start it repeatedly... something went bang. Then saw tank was bone dry...

:(

But otherwise looking good, got a new zaust on it, painted the hugger and headers, tired up wiring, heaps of degreaser and a good clean :D

How do you "tired" the wiring? Is this a techo word?

ZeroIndex
16th September 2007, 14:40
01 or 02 CBR600F4i... They can stand the damage etc... if you're wanting to know more about stuntbikes, check out www.stuntlife.com the amount of pointless drivel and flaming is about on par with kiwibiker, so it won't be a big adjustment... and, just like kiwibiker, there's a fair amount of good advice :)

Another idea you could look into: single cylinder dirtbikes turned into super-moto's... those have an amazing ability to do cool stunts, and they have a knack for not getting anywhere near as damaged as a inline4...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3NVZrN4MPMs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3NVZrN4MPMs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

ZeroIndex
16th September 2007, 14:42
RG150 :blip:

The pillion grabrail looks like a good place to stand on
Those aren't that great for stunting... comes up to around balance point in first, just before redline (since the front will only lift in 1st gear powerband), it comes down, and you think: Was that it?

Coyote
16th September 2007, 18:02
Those aren't that great for stunting... comes up to around balance point in first, just before redline (since the front will only lift in 1st gear powerband), it comes down, and you think: Was that it?
I wasn't meant to be taken seriously :p

They're underpowered but still fun bikes to ride

ZeroIndex
16th September 2007, 19:29
I wasn't meant to be taken seriously :p

They're underpowered but still fun bikes to ride
Yeah, definitely fun bikes

Kevmo7
16th September 2007, 20:03
CBR600 F2 or F3 are about the best learner stunt bikes you can get, there built like tanks so they can take all the hits from the "learning curve" and they will teach you all the basic about stunt riding, got heaps of stunt parts avaliable aswell at www.haibikeshop.com thats the best opition by far, supermotards are fun, but there big $$$ and are only a toy, your better off just gettin a beat up F2 or F3 and puttin a cage on it and just kill it with the stock gearing :niceone:

Morcs
19th September 2007, 21:57
CBR600 F2 or F3 are about the best learner stunt bikes you can get, there built like tanks so they can take all the hits from the "learning curve" and they will teach you all the basic about stunt riding, got heaps of stunt parts avaliable aswell at www.haibikeshop.com thats the best opition by far, supermotards are fun, but there big $$$ and are only a toy, your better off just gettin a beat up F2 or F3 and puttin a cage on it and just kill it with the stock gearing :niceone:

mmm mean... I have a cage :yes:

owner
20th September 2007, 20:38
In the words of Croc Dundee Thats not a cage............this is a cage
Hmmn .Solid steel, spring loaded contact points and an unbreakabe warranty

Morcs
21st September 2007, 06:30
In the words of Croc Dundee Thats not a cage............this is a cage
Hmmn .Solid steel, spring loaded contact points and an unbreakabe warranty

Mine tis a proper one. Ruff-as home made :D

owner
21st September 2007, 09:17
Good call:2thumbsup Im thinkn Im gonna order one, get it here,then get me old man to whip something similar up:lol:, then sell the tygershark on ebay unused

NordieBoy
21st September 2007, 09:22
supermotards are fun, but there big $$$ and are only a toy, your better off just gettin a beat up F2 or F3 and puttin a cage on it and just kill it with the stock gearing :niceone:

Toy?

Get something like a TTR230 and put road tires on it.