PDA

View Full Version : Have You Seen This Car?? Assholes trying to steal Bikes

bomma
11th September 2007, 16:38
Today i was sitting up at IC in uni staring out onto symonds st. A fulla on a beautiful R1 rocked up n parked where the RSV1000 used to. "Trouble" i thought to myself. So i kept my eye on the bike for obvious reasons.

Sure enough around 1pm a car rocked up, stopped next to the bike, hazard lights on, door open. I was watching the whole time, as i thought this was suspicious, and took down the rego. A second later a guy with a white helmet and a green puffa jacket on jumps outta the car n onto the bike and took to the ignition with a screw-driver. I ran out immediately and as i got there the guys took off in the car leaving the bike behind (dont know if the guy saw me and left or if he just cudnt get it done fast enough).

Ive reported it to the cops,but (as i am pretty sure that their resources are very limited) i really doubt they will be able to do anything.

So im here to ask you all to keep an eye out for a 4-door sedan Dark Grey/Black Nissan Pulsar.
Rego: APE936

Macstar said that you can obtain a person's addy if you know their rego so if anyone on here works at the post office could you please post up the person's addy or something so that we can go check it out. If there are a few other "flash" bikes parked there then we can be pretty certain that these guys are the same pricks responsible for a lot of the bike thefts around.

And if the guy who owns the bike is reading this then wisen up mate!!! Dont leave it parked with nothing but a steering lock on Symonds St. Im worried about her getting stolen!! She's a beautiful bike so dont let anything happen to her aye. Be smart and get some sort of protection like a disc lock or a handle lock or a gigantic "dont fuck with me" chain or ALL OF THE ABOVE!!! :jerry:

snot
11th September 2007, 16:45
Fuckin coons.
Good on ya mate for getting out there and doing something :niceone:

-=G_R=-
11th September 2007, 16:46
Fuckin cunts.. bait operation anyone?

fireball
11th September 2007, 16:49
i can see if my lovely friend can help me out to get an addy it would be good to get these fuckers

MadDuck
11th September 2007, 16:50
PM sent. This car reported as stolen!

LilSel
11th September 2007, 16:50
Car prob stolen??... if not stolen however... Fella's... go get ya bikes back!!! They'd run at the sight/sound of a couple doz bikes parking outside their place

McJim
11th September 2007, 16:51
We need a sniper and a flash bike. I don't have a rifle and my bike's not worth enough - volunteers?

LilSel
11th September 2007, 16:51

....snap :bleh:

yod
11th September 2007, 16:53
you can pay $30 (just gone up from $25) and get the VIR report for the car (www.vir.co.nz) - will tell you all the ownership details, address, history, etc.....in this case it would be VERY handy info, but of course, the plods know all this already....

have just done initial check and the plate does indeed belong to a '94 grey Nissan Pulsar

good spotting that man!!! bling awarded

ManDownUnder
11th September 2007, 16:54
Fuckin cunts.. bait operation anyone?

oooOOOooo luvly!

2 guys needed...

First guy, while they're having a go at a bike go sit in their car and lock the doors... so... whaddre they gonna do??? Calla da cops?

2nd guy about 2 seconds later "OI - that's my bike"

hmmmmm, caught red handed and nowhere to go!

The ol'' cable ties work well too - cable tie him to a lamp post and put a sign at his feet ("I was caught stealing motorcycles and love anal sex. Please call the police before someone takes advantage")

fireball
11th September 2007, 16:55
so who has a quick bike to go chase them next time?
steakout styles....

..mmm steak :clap:

NighthawkNZ
11th September 2007, 16:55
We need a sniper and a flash bike. I don't have a rifle and my bike's not worth enough - volunteers?

Will a horton crossbow do... :doh: with hunting tips... hard to trace back to that fired it to... causes a bit more pain and or can kill... :doh: I shouldn't be saying this

boostin
11th September 2007, 16:56
I saw that R1 sitting there today as well and it crossed my mind that thats where the aprilla used to sit...

Well done for doing something. Got any description of the guys?

If any 'sting' operation is going into action make sure you don't anounce any plans on a public internet forum, but PM me because I am happy to take to these losers with a baseball bat.

LilSel
11th September 2007, 16:59

Prob need a quick trail bike if they gap it on foot, stairs etc on road bike mebe not such a great idea lol

NZsarge
11th September 2007, 17:02
Well done Bomma! Bling!

bomma
11th September 2007, 17:03

yea thats what i thought....prolly find it in some ditch with the insides pulled out

Got any description of the guys?

yea sorri forgot to stick that up (although it is of no real use coz thers like a 1000 fuckers that would match this description)

there were two of them.

both caucasian males in their mid 20's

real rugged fucks too (barely shaven, real pale)

about 6 foot

thin - medium build

the guy that got out was wearin a plain white helmet and a army-green (color not design) puffer jacket

(thankyou police 10/7 :D)

McJim
11th September 2007, 17:06
what would be REALLY good is a decent quality camera. Film 'em doing it.

fireball
11th September 2007, 17:12
i would like to bash them over the head

get a job and work for your bike you spoof biscuits

and maybe pass them onto the cops a little later

avgas
11th September 2007, 17:14
If anyone finds anything keep me in the pm loop.
i dont mind helping out.

tri boy
Let the dogs out, theres a hunt'n to be done.:headbang::Police:

bomma

da problem is that neither the uni nor the council will be willing to fork out.....

i was thinkin about what happened today....how all it took was me to casually look out the window every now and then....if we could reserve the computers along the window aisles of the IC then we'd have like 80+ people that are keeping an eye on the bikes up and down symonds....

its just an idea

McJim
11th September 2007, 17:15
If they're stealing bikes then it's profitable - if it's profitable then there must be some bikers prepared to buy stolen goods. Any bikers prepared to "ask no questions" when buying used bits need to take a long look at themselves too.

bomma
11th September 2007, 17:19
what really got me was that there was a heap of foot traffic but the guy who jumped out of the car remained unquestioned!!! nobody even gave him a second glance!!! its a worry....id hate to think what i would do if my baby got stolen :crybaby:

i really REALLY hope the guy who owns the bike wisens up and SOON...

p.s. i think the guy who owns this bike also owned the RSV1000 that got stolen from the same bloody spot!!! shucks man some people never learn

Cr1MiNaL
11th September 2007, 17:29
Well done Nish, but don't these retards know that a bike like an R1 cannot be hacked into using a screwdriver ffs ! there are only 3 keys in the world that can start the thing up (theoretically) ... and if you loose those u have to change the whole immobiliser system $2k roughly.... Unless ofcause they wanted to push it down the slope to whereever.... a bike alarm is also a good idea for expensive bikes aye? As you were ;)

Squiggles
11th September 2007, 17:29
R1 was probably a replacement bike for the rsv, will hang round tomorrow and see if i cant talk to the owner. ups to you bomma for the catch

deanohit
11th September 2007, 17:41
Hey nice one there Bomma, sounds like these guys needed a quick buck, they could still be on the prowl. Some bait and a few guys waiting sounds real good about now.

skidMark
11th September 2007, 17:45
fuckit lets get some people together..... the next time they try it on and get the bike moving...it's not gunna get far....

who has a shotgun....shoot out a tyre....

or chase them and have a shitload of people ready to grab the bastards....

citizens arrest me thinks....

then 111.....

only problem is tracking back to where all the bikes are going....

cus sumwhere theres a garage full of bikes...

skidMark
11th September 2007, 17:48
lets get something organised via pm guys, this has gone on long enough....

deanohit
11th September 2007, 17:48
only problem is tracking back to where all the bikes are going....

cus sumwhere theres a garage full of bikes...

Be like finding the fabled 'El Dorado' treasure except you dont get any of it.:angry2:

skidMark
11th September 2007, 17:49
Today i was sitting up at IC in uni staring out onto symonds st. A fulla on a beautiful R1 rocked up n parked where the RSV1000 used to. "Trouble" i thought to myself. So i kept my eye on the bike for obvious reasons.

Sure enough around 1pm a car rocked up, stopped next to the bike, hazard lights on, door open. I was watching the whole time, as i thought this was suspicious, and took down the rego. A second later a guy with a white helmet and a green puffa jacket on jumps outta the car n onto the bike and took to the ignition with a screw-driver. I ran out immediately and as i got there the guys took off in the car leaving the car behind (dont know if the guy saw me and left or if he just cudnt get it done fast enough).

Ive reported it to the cops,but (as i am pretty sure that their resources are very limited) i really doubt they will be able to do anything.

So im here to ask you all to keep an eye out for a 4-door sedan Dark Grey/Black Nissan Pulsar.
Rego: APE936

Macstar said that you can obtain a person's addy if you know their rego so if anyone on here works at the post office could you please post up the person's addy or something so that we can go check it out. If there are a few other "flash" bikes parked there then we can be pretty certain that these guys are the same pricks responsible for a lot of the bike thefts around.

And if the guy who owns the bike is reading this then wisen up mate!!! Dont leave it parked with nothing but a steering lock on Symonds St. Im worried about her getting stolen!! She's a beautiful bike so dont let anything happen to her aye. Be smart and get some sort of protection like a disc lock or a handle lock or a gigantic "dont fuck with me" chain or ALL OF THE ABOVE!!! :jerry:

you mean took off in the car leaving the bike behind right?

skidMark
11th September 2007, 17:50
Be like finding the fabled 'El Dorado' treasure except you dont get any of it.:angry2:

yeah

it's ok well chop one guys nuts off and then hhead to the other guy...i'm sure he will spill after just seeing his mate loose his nurrys.

fireball
11th September 2007, 17:51
ill bring the cable ties and a coffee or 2 now we need some big guys lol

bomma
11th September 2007, 17:52
will hang round tomorrow and see if i cant talk to the owner.

umm thats funni you mention that coz after all this i kept a look out for the owner to come out...after a while i turned around to talk to my mate (i was only turned for like 2 minutes!!!!) and when i turned back around the bike was gone!!! :lol: think the guy took off and i seriously dont think he noticed anything wrong!!!

hopefully raj is right and the guys cudnt actually possbily haf rolled off with it

NighthawkNZ
11th September 2007, 17:52

need one of those tracking things and engine imobliser thingys... also make sure it is all on video, and take still shoots with a HD digital camera

deanohit
11th September 2007, 17:53
Jeez, what do we need a police force for, they only seem to be traffic cops these days. Just let the KBers sort out the crims.

skidMark
11th September 2007, 17:53
umm thats funni you mention that coz after all this i kept a look out for the owner to come out...after a while i turned around to talk to my mate (i was only turned for like 2 minutes!!!!) and when i turned back around the bike was gone!!! :lol: think the guy took off and i seriously dont think he noticed anything wrong!!!

hopefully raj is right and the guys cudnt actually possbily haf rolled off with it

perhaps they came back...

maybe thats how they do it...break the ignition..then leave so people thing oh they cldnt get it...then they come back ignition already popped....and away they go....

skidMark
11th September 2007, 17:54
dnt give away all our ideas in the thread fellas....never know whose watching....ie...the thieves.

bomma
11th September 2007, 17:55
you mean took off in the car leaving the bike behind right?

fixed!!

hehe good spotting :2thumbsup

skidMark
11th September 2007, 17:57
steakout styles....

..mmm steak :clap:

if they know they are being chased they wont go to where they are...chances are they take them one place first...then transport them to the storage garage in a van....

lets face it guys....the stolen bikes chances are we will never see them again, but lets stop them before they can get anymore bikes...

bomma
11th September 2007, 17:58
perhaps they came back...

maybe thats how they do it...break the ignition..then leave so people thing oh they cldnt get it...then they come back ignition already popped....and away they go....

and its funni you should mention that coz they actually did come back!!!!

first time i cudnt see either persons faces, nor cud i remember the correct colour of the car nor the make/model

we hung around for ages thinking theyd come back but they hadnt so i went back to ic but continued to keep watch...

like 5 mins later i saw em going up the street so i ran out and told the security fullas who were still around....the guys turned round and made another pass back down the street, passing us!!!

thats when we got the colour, make/model and got a good look at the guys in the car!!! fucking dum cunts i really wish i had something solid in my hand that i cudda biffed at the car so theyd stop

klyong82
11th September 2007, 18:46
Well done Bomma. I wonder was there any fingerprint on the R1's tank. Darn shocking and the vehicle is stolen also.

Grahameeboy
11th September 2007, 18:52
APE936

Advisory message:
Vehicle Reported Stolen

1994 Nissan Pulsar Saloon
Plate: APE936 Vehicle details
VIN: 7A8DH0P0702171709

EJK
11th September 2007, 18:54
Nice Bomma! You saved the day! lol

Bling 4 ya

To catch this bastard, we need some fast runners aswell as a decoy :shifty:

Kim, is your bike up for it? :blip: lol
or we can use YamahaR64Life's bike :blip: lol

mbazza
11th September 2007, 19:15

What McJim said:done: Cheers :done:

RantyDave
11th September 2007, 19:27
A second later a guy with a white helmet and a green puffa jacket on jumps outta the car n onto the bike and took to the ignition with a screw-driver.
Police. Or PM Scumdog. Or both. Get them to do something useful for a change.

Dave

deanohit
11th September 2007, 19:29
Already got the cops informed.

R6_kid
11th September 2007, 20:02
I think mark needs to calm the hell down for a start. Vigilante justice won't get you anywhere, and on this forum it always seems that there are those willing to talk big and never follow through.

Keep a vigilante eye on things, take notes etc. For god sakes, you have a student magazine that 90% of students read, get a poster add placed in it, it is free and it gets the word out. I'd rather be asked to show my key by some randoms than have my bike stolen.

klyong82
11th September 2007, 20:09
To catch this bastard, we need some fast runners aswell as a decoy :shifty:

Kim, is your bike up for it? :blip: lol
or we can use YamahaR64Life's bike :blip: lol

EJ we can use Mt Eden M/c's Moto Guzzi as a decoy but chances will be the scum wont be able to start it with a screw driver as its got an security ignition system plus an immobiliser light that blights every 5 second same thing like my Honda and the R1.

El Dopa
11th September 2007, 20:15
Fuckin coons.

When you ass-u-me, you make yourself look like a knob.

Isn't that how the saying goes?

Macstar
11th September 2007, 20:20
It's a depressing situation in general, where honest people try their best not to have their stuff pinched. Many of us take out theft insurance, buy disc locks maybe even an alarm - but at the end of the day if some wanker sees something he likes, he'll take it.

Auckland University is a prime hunting ground for criminals, I mean where else are 3-400 bikes lined up on a busy but unmonitored public street. And theiving they have been over the years. Who knows how many motorbikes and bicycles have been stolen over the years? Our club has listed 3-4 thefts in the last month or two.

The uni has now built swipe card lock up cages for bicycles because the problem was so bad, but road-parked motorbikes aren't so lucky. Yes, us students can rally together, raise awareness - and even have the odd breakthrough like Bomma's today, but other than becoming vigilantes, or leaving our bikes at home, what else can ya do?

Nevertheless, I salute you for your efforts today Bomma and its great to know that someone is keeping a watchful eye over our bikes. A shame the theives car was also stolen preventing us/the Police from tracking them down...

They'll or someone else will be back to prey on the uni bikes, let's hope we have better luck in the future in nabbing the f$%@kers!

cowboy
11th September 2007, 20:24
Good on ya bomma. Hop you guys get the fucks:ar15:

Folcan
11th September 2007, 20:24
I was walking down there and ran into nish just after it happened, scary stuff I dont know what I would if mine got stolen.

Ive seen the guy on the aprilla come a few times (before it was stolen) he seems to pitch up around 8 8:30ish in the morning. well he did before the break. If I see him come in the morning and still parking parallel ill just go talk with him

Lets get those noobs before anymore of our bikes talk a walk

nish for president :P

bomma
11th September 2007, 20:27
nish for president :P

haha more like "nish for enforcer" :ar15: :2thumbsup

avgas
11th September 2007, 20:33
When you ass-u-me, you make yourself look like a knob.

Isn't that how the saying goes?
No its :
"Asumption is the mother of all fuckups, and her church is in Onehunga"
I kid you not - the church of our lady assumption is in Onehunga.
Its nice to see there is a church for all the fuck ups.

justsomeguy
11th September 2007, 20:39
Hey Bomma,

Damn well done mate. I hope the cops do something but with their "limited resources" I don't know how much they could do.

Anyway don't want to use past examples to predict the cops future behaviour.

Hope something happens. Always post such things on KB. We have enough support here on "both sides of the law". So if there is a chance of catching these germs something will be done.

------

McJim we do have military snipers on the site, as well as internationally ranked power lifters, people with proper surveillance equipment and others who know how to hurt and done hard time for it. It's just a matter of collating all these resources at an opportune time if such a moment recurs. However, don’t worry the cops will catch him … :shutup:

Finn
11th September 2007, 20:40

White coons. They're the worst.

EJK
11th September 2007, 23:02
This is how I feel about bike thefts:

If I catch one of them, I would take his screwdriver and insert it nicely into one of his pupil :D

ah, thats before he does that to me :( lol

deanohit
11th September 2007, 23:04
First his arse, then his pupil. =)

Arn't we KBers a nice bunch.

Chrislost
11th September 2007, 23:07
This is how I feel about bike thefts:

If I catch one of them, I would take his screwdriver and insert it nicely into one of his pupil :D

ah, thats before he does that to me :( lol

its called self defence.
you then can kick the shit outa him and leave, or leave him with the screw driver sticking out his eye and call the cops

id go with doing the first because if the cops get him hes only guna get a few hours community work.

motorbyclist
11th September 2007, 23:17
yeah that's what i think too; if they are only going to get a slap on the wrist we might as well beat the shit out of them - they might get discouraged that way

bomma
11th September 2007, 23:24
wish i had time to go to my locker and grab my sledge hammer.....mayb i shud start carrying it around with me....hmmmmmm

ehab2weelr
12th September 2007, 09:59
i sow them fucks and they knew we knew what there were trying to do, if i no any better they wont come back for some time, there going to wait for things to cool down, in saying that they might read this and come back earlear!!?, so keep an eye open at all times, they would not come back in that car i dont think, because its a wonted car by kbers, but just keep an eye for it any way.
i hatted the look he gave me when he went passed me, as soon as hes cought by us i would wana meet him, and god kows what i would do...

hint, if u c any think like this ask about the bike, how much its done, how long hes had it for etc.... but if there as good as i think they are they would be ready for u, so be creative! and fuck with thim, just keep them hanging for as long as u can, if they tell u to "fuck off" then u know that thats not there bike, txt me or nish asap, well be there for sure

txt or call

my number(0210470190)
nish il let u post ur number.

EJK
12th September 2007, 10:34
How about we wheelie them over? lol Vendetta of irony!

bomma
12th September 2007, 14:13
txt or call

my number(0210470190)

lol u lazy prick cudnt just get your mob out n type my number in aye :P

021 119 5747 or 027 323 2289

im in with a grin :yes::2guns:

Squiggles
12th September 2007, 15:59
i left a note for the R1 guy today, letting him know they screwdrivered him if he hadnt noticed and mentioned that he's better off parking such a nice ride in the sci centre parking area, or at least fitting an alarm/disk lock :)

motorbyclist
12th September 2007, 17:40
was it a first gen blue one? if so i see he's parked under the stairs now

The Pastor
12th September 2007, 19:44
This makes me so angry. The cops are far to busy to stop a bike thief gang, yet they have the time to set up a sting to catch me riding with out a license? Even though i was innocent? ARRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

What makes me more angry is that if you see him stealing the bike and you go whack him about for a bit you will get in MUCH more trouble than the thief!

LOUD ANGRY WORDS!!!

well done bomma and the crew, im glad your on kb.

deanohit
12th September 2007, 19:53
well done bomma and the crew, im glad your on kb.

Agree with ya on that one RM. :niceone:

Squiggles
12th September 2007, 21:42
Bomma, we shall be a meeting him tomorrow if ya got my txt (will charge me phone and check for reply), he's gunna buy ya a pack for your effort i think :D

bomma
12th September 2007, 21:46
was it a first gen blue one? if so i see he's parked under the stairs now

yea thats the one...i went n checked out the licence plate to see if the guy had wisened up about where he parked his bike....im really REALLY glad he changed where he parked!!!:niceone:

bomma
12th September 2007, 21:48
Bomma, we shall be a meeting him tomorrow if ya got my txt (will charge me phone and check for reply), he's gunna buy ya a pack for your effort i think :D

lol sweeet :banana::apint:

i txtd ya back mate....when exactly r we meetin him?? ill be free after 3 n before 1....gonna head to wild west to grab some engine oil and a filter 2moro morn so prolly wont be in till like 11

HungusMaximist
12th September 2007, 21:57
Ah fuck, haven't been on here for a day and what do I see?

Big hands to Nish/Bomma for keeping his eyes peeled. I reckon this is something that most of us Auckland Uni riders should make a habit of.

As for R6's kid comment on keeping it toned down in being a Vigiliante, well..
I hate to get into fights and be a rabble rouser as such but fark, but this incident really takes the icing on the cake aye. If I see any sneaky cunt around the bikes, I'll act upon it ASAP and ring the appropraite people at Uni (you know who you are) and do what we can :bash: .

Most likely it will result in a small wee scruffle, if not there on the spot, most probably tail them and sneak up on at home while they're eating their dinner.:yes:

I always carry my digital camera with me where every I go and I recommend you vilgilantees out there do the same. Photographic evidence is always the best.

I am also liking the idea of doing some promo campagins around Uni to build some awareness on campus. Crracum mag idea works well also. As for the Uni Motorcycle Club I think it's a good time to take the initialtive and start putting something together to educate the fellow riders out there.

Gotta push it man and you know me, I am all up. :sunny:

HungusMaximist
12th September 2007, 22:02
lol sweeet :banana::apint:

i txtd ya back mate....when exactly r we meetin him?? ill be free after 3 n before 1....gonna head to wild west to grab some engine oil and a filter 2moro morn so prolly wont be in till like 11

Just letting everybody know, Nish doesn't drink alcohol (yea I know, when I first heard it I could't believe it also, the thought 'you pussy...' ran through my head, but read on)

He tells me he's suffered a liver problem when he was a kid so he can't drink, so yep, feel free to cash in on his stash (calling out especially to all the poor Uni Students)

Txt/Call his number and he'll hook you up...

:2thumbsup

bomma
12th September 2007, 22:13
Just letting everybody know, Nish doesn't drink alcohol (yea I know, when I first heard it I could't believe it also, the thought 'you pussy...' ran through my head, but read on)

He tells me he's suffered a liver problem when he was a kid so he can't drink

wow you guys on kb seem to know more about me than i do :mellow:

is this liver problem that i suffered when i was a kid a fatal thing??:shit:

like do i have a certain amount of time left on this weird rock we call home?? :bye:

klyong82
12th September 2007, 22:16
wow you guys on kb seem to know more about me than i do :mellow:

is this liver problem that i suffered when i was a kid a fatal thing??:shit:

like do i have a certain amount of time left on this weird rock we call home?? :bye:

Yes and let me remind you too that you wrote a WILL not too long ago saying that I get ownership of your green kawasaki in the event of .......

bomma
12th September 2007, 22:23
Yes and let me remind you too that you wrote a WILL not too long ago saying that I get ownership of your green kawasaki in the event of .......

:gob: god dammit y am i always the last to find out these things :angry2:

lol btw kim im goin away to india for 2 months over summer so am looking for a caring and loving home for her while im gone ;)

dont want her to sit in the garage at home all alone :cold:

H00dz
12th September 2007, 22:27
Shot bro !!!! we need KB's to keep lookout after others rides I'd be guuted to lose my ride and shes old as

HungusMaximist
12th September 2007, 22:36

lol btw kim im goin away to india for 2 months over summer so am looking for a caring and loving home for her while im gone ;)

Well here's News.

Visited Kim at his pad over the weekend and it was really nice of him to offer me his drill and that so I can get the final hole on my pack rack but aside from all this, was I surpised when I got to his place :wari:

Well what I saw was his whole blimmin house was littered with shit left, right and centre...
Like literally, actually shit. He tells me he only keeps one side of the garage clean because that's where he keeps his bike, aside from that, everything is literally a mess.

There's actually a story he mentioned for all that 'shit' around the house but I won't go into detail beacuse it's too farking depressing and it's R18 material.

Man, don't let Kim's sparkly clean image fool you.
He actually lives like a gorilla... :blink:

bomma
12th September 2007, 22:39
Well here's News.

Visited Kim at his pad over the weekend and it was really nice to him to offer me his drill so I can get the final hole on my pack rack but aside from all this, was I surpised when I got there. :wari:

His whole blimmin house was littered with shit left, right and centre...
Like literally, actually shit. He tells me he only keeps one side of the garage clean because that's where he keeps his bike, aside from that, everything is literally a mess.

There's actually a story he mentioned for all that 'shit' around the house but I won't go into detail beacuse it's too farking depressing.

i know this is gonna get me an infraction but - AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHHAAHAHHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::2thumbsup

xwhatsit
12th September 2007, 22:39
Hahaha people are certainly keeping an eye out today. I was half-way through my classes today, and suddenly I realised the reason why my clutch was dragging (I'd adjusted it so it wasn't, but why would the cable suddenly seemingly stretch?). Walked past my bike on the way to my next class -- no gear, no sign I owned the bike -- and went and fixed the problem by tightening the cable retaining nut at the engine-end of it. Fiddled around for a bit, played with the lever, put it in gear and tried to move the wheel.

Next thing I look around and there's three or four guys with bike jackets and/or helmets looking at me from a distance, looking very suspiciously at me :lol: I pulled out my keys and waved them at them and they nodded and carried on walking.

Funny.

bomma
12th September 2007, 22:45
Hahaha people are certainly keeping an eye out today. I was half-way through my classes today, and suddenly I realised the reason why my clutch was dragging (I'd adjusted it so it wasn't, but why would the cable suddenly seemingly stretch?). Walked past my bike on the way to my next class -- no gear, no sign I owned the bike -- and went and fixed the problem by tightening the cable retaining nut at the engine-end of it. Fiddled around for a bit, played with the lever, put it in gear and tried to move the wheel.

Next thing I look around and there's three or four guys with bike jackets and/or helmets looking at me from a distance, looking very suspiciously at me :lol: I pulled out my keys and waved them at them and they nodded and carried on walking.

Funny.

hahaha just as well you had your keys and they didnt have sledge hammers

i luv sledge hammers :love: :rockon:

HungusMaximist
12th September 2007, 22:45
i know this is gonna get me an infraction but - AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHHAAHAHHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::2thumbsup

It's no laughing matter.

It's the truth and I thanked him generously afterwards for letting me use his drill.

bomma
12th September 2007, 22:46
It's no laughing matter.

It's the truth and I thanked him generously afterwards for letting me use his drill.

well im goin there tomorrow....shud i go and get some shots from the clinic before hand?? :doctor:

klyong82
12th September 2007, 23:30

dont want her to sit in the garage at home all alone

Yeah you can chunk it in my garage for 2 months if you like. I wont be going anywhere. Might need to drain the carbs and take the battery out for storage.

Well here's News.

Visited Kim at his pad over the weekend and it was really nice of him to offer me his drill and that so I can get the final hole on my pack rack but aside from all this, was I surpised when I got to his place :wari:

Well what I saw was his whole blimmin house was littered with shit left, right and centre...

There's actually a story he mentioned for all that 'shit' around the house but I won't go into detail beacuse it's too farking depressing and it's R18 material.

Haha :laugh::laugh::lol::lol: this is news flash to me too. Where you at any point in my house? I suppose the "shit" you mean is the bits leftover from my house renovation. ;) Yeah that's R18. :innocent:

Big news!! something I just found out of Ewen he preys on young boys. 18 to 22 years old university students especially so watch out. I am too old for him and this is farking depressing and it's R18 material. Now that is one sick gorilla!!! :shit:

erix
12th September 2007, 23:38
Cant believe this is happening....
Loads of ups to you Nish!!!:niceone::niceone::niceone::niceone:

Off the topic...About today...
Mum teachs us overtaking a cager from right at night is not a very nice thing to do! :Playnice::spanking:
Especailly followed by a L plater....:buggerd::ride::lol:

motorbyclist
13th September 2007, 00:02
here's a thought; instead of welding a heavy sledge hammer, why not have a sharp knife and if you catch these guys in a car again just cross the road to them and while on the driver's side slash the tyres. opening the driver door and stealing the keys (IF any) would probably work too lol

talking to the old man, the cops don't give a shit about theft cus it's mostly insured and aslong as no-one gets hurt they couldn't care less:angry:
fucking useless cunts they are - on the day that those theifs tried the r1 i saw 2 cops on the southern (newmarket bridge/overpass) around the same time, one talking on a cellphone, and another 3 at a nose-to-tail further down

they COULD have headed your way to pick up those theifs but didn't, clearly sitting in traffic was WAY more important

HungusMaximist
13th September 2007, 09:38
Hey ah Kim, I couldn't resist, I had to take the cheap shot....

Just on the note of security, Mr Kim mentioned not long ago when he park his bike at the Uni undercover carpark (which he pays I think) he always do these simple but effective things

1. Disc Lock and it's a pain but hooking it up with a fluro yellow disc lock reminder cable does deter people.

2. Steering wheel lock

3. Stick your bike in 1st gear so it doesn't roll

4. Own a Honda or some other nifty brand with chipped ingntion barrel so theives can't force start it with a screw driver - doesn't stop them from carrying it away...

The first 3 steps everybody should be able to do, a resonable disc lock is between $30-$40 bucks.

Maybe Nish can do a deal with our sponsor for disc locks (security stuff), I mean shit, tell them your 'Daylight Vigilante aka Hero' story Nish and they will be lapping it up.

Seriously, I am sure they'd be happy to do some deal (in bulk) for our club.

Duke girl
13th September 2007, 09:49
What a fantastic job u did it stopping those pricks in stealing that bike. Having devastating would it have been for the owner returning to the bike and it not being there, but thanks to u and your efforts if didnt end up being the case. I hope who ever these pricks are who r going around taking wat isnt theres that they get caught and justice is done. Well Done Bomma.

klyong82
13th September 2007, 10:20
Just on the note of security, Mr Kim mentioned not long ago when he park his bike at the Uni undercover carpark (which he pays I think) he always do these simple but effective things

1. Disc Lock and it's a pain but hooking it up with a fluro yellow disc lock reminder cable does deter people.

2. Steering wheel lock

3. Stick your bike in 1st gear so it doesn't roll

4. Own a Honda or some other nifty brand with chipped ingntion barrel so theives can't force start it with a screw driver - doesn't stop them from carrying it away...

Don't fOrget to hit the kill switch too. I also bribe the guard with a 6 pack for him to look after my bike.

McJim
13th September 2007, 10:29

Funny.

They were actually watchng in disbelief - they never thought in their wildest dreams that anyone would even consider nicking your bike! :rofl:

klyong82
13th September 2007, 10:36
They were actually watchng in disbelief - they never thought in their wildest dreams that anyone would even consider nicking your bike! :rofl:

Haha :laugh::laugh::laugh:

terbang
13th September 2007, 11:16
I remember reading an article in the UK Performance Bikes a few years back. A bunch of guys, fed up with local bike theft happening unchecked, left a bait bike out in a notoriously dodgey bike theft area and staked it out. After a few nights they caught some guys and (they didn't for obvious reasons print too many details) left them in no doubt as to the err of their ways.:devil2: A bloody funny and heart warming article indeed.

Disco Dan
13th September 2007, 11:56
Can you not ask to have a steel railing installed that runs along the back of where the back tires sit? Then you all chain your bikes to it?

bomma
13th September 2007, 13:42
stephen, ehab and myself just met the owner of the r1 this morning and he was sufficiently satisfied that his bike was still where he had left it.

we also found out that he was also the owner of the rsv1000 that got stolen a few weeks back and also that he had NO INSURANCE, coz it had just run out at the point in which the bike was stolen!!! GUTTED!!!!

hes happy to put his r1 up for a sting operation of sorts.....mayb we should set sumthing up

*Tense music plays* DHUN DHUN DHUUUUUUUN

Grub
13th September 2007, 14:05
hes happy to put his r1 up for a sting operation of sorts.....mayb we should set sumthing up

I was thinking how you put an end to these guys and the only way seems to be to follow them back to wherever they stash their booty. It seems a fair bet that they have a van or lockup not far away, my bet's on a lockup which is where the Pulsar is hidden until they need it.

That means the sting has to include a couple of riders all mounted up and hiding with headlights off. They can then discretely follow these guys after trying for the R1 (unsuccesfully we hope). If they were able t be on mobile to *555 that would be even better ... the cops would definitely turn out in significat numbers (assuming no major incidents happening) if someone had "obs" on these guys and was reporting in.

klyong82
13th September 2007, 14:23
Maybe we should have bought that bug from that fella who found it planted in his daughters car by the cops. That would be a good GPS unit to track those SOB's.

Shucks must really be painful to lose that RSV1000 without insurance. So lesson for all insurance is important to protect our bikes.

Aa7
13th September 2007, 14:37
Hold on a second. This guy owned an RSV1000 without insurance and it gets stolen and he comes back within weeks on an R1:eek5: Is it just me or has student life changed alot in the last few years. When I was a student I could hardly afford a Honda Nifty 50 scooter let alone either of those beauties. Nice offer for him to use the R1 for the sting :niceone: hopefully it works a treat and he can get at least something back from those thieving scum!!!!! PM me if you need anyone else to come along and help out :2guns::bash:;)

skidMark
13th September 2007, 14:59
you guys should not put in the thread what bike you would use for a sting

like.....DUH

xwhatsit
13th September 2007, 15:43

Right there -- you have the ultimate solution to bike theft. Own an ancient clapped-out Honda with severe starting issues and no battery and you will never need insurance again :lol:

Squiggles
13th September 2007, 16:25

like.....DUH

i doubt the intelligence of someone trying to screwdriver bikes with ignition security systems....

motorbyclist
13th September 2007, 17:29
Can you not ask to have a steel railing installed that runs along the back of where the back tires sit? Then you all chain your bikes to it?

i was talking to the guys at work about that and got told that it's illegal:

if there's a fire the fire department won't be able to move our bikes.

but that's pretty stupid considering they can't move the cars either.

apparently if they have to, as it is they'll just drag our rides out of the way:(

McJim
13th September 2007, 17:34
but that's pretty stupid considering they can't move the cars either.
(

I've seen firemen move cars in the uk. Technique is known as bouncing. Couple of guys push the cars down to make them bounce up and down on their suspension. At the top of the bounce the other guys push the car sideways.

motorbyclist
13th September 2007, 17:49
then why can't they use their 'jaws of life' to cut the cable?!

fireball
13th September 2007, 18:12
i doubt the intelligence of someone trying to screwdriver bikes with ignition security systems....

must be practicing anal penetration, seeing they are all a big bunch of cocks

Squiggles
13th September 2007, 18:38
i was talking to the guys at work about that and got told that it's illegal:

if there's a fire the fire department won't be able to move our bikes.

They have rails along the bike parking at the city library, now i wonder who the hell i have to approach about such a thing? the govt, council, UoA, local tribe and joe bloggs....?

EJK
13th September 2007, 19:21
For my bikes security, I have this "Dont-Mess-With-Me" chain :)
Its thick
Its armoured
Its Oxford ;)

I do it eventho my bike is unstealable aka who-would-want-it? lol

Chrislost
13th September 2007, 20:02

ill look after it with the same care i treat the gsxr with!
mayb your footpegs will be worn away, but ill replace them...honest

Winter
13th September 2007, 20:07
I'll put my name down for wanting to help out..

I'll hang out all night or something sometime, and take chase or whatever.

klyong82
13th September 2007, 20:10
Too late ZX7R will be at my place for 2 months. muahahaha my precious!!! :devil2:

bomma
13th September 2007, 21:21
Too late ZX7R will be at my place for 2 months. muahahaha my precious!!! :devil2:

hehe yep and i know she'll be in safe hands ;)

thanks once again for doing the servicing for me :clap: :2thumbsup

i cant wait till xams finish...im gonna strip the bike down and clean every nook and cranny and make her B-E-A-UTIFUL :drool:

klyong82
13th September 2007, 21:31
hehe yep and i know she'll be in safe hands ;)

thanks once again for doing the servicing for me :clap: :2thumbsup

i cant wait till xams finish...im gonna strip the bike down and clean every nook and cranny and make her B-E-A-UTIFUL :drool:

No worries bro hope you find the bike a little quieter and perhaps more fuel efficient now.

bomma
13th September 2007, 21:47
just a little thought back on the thread's topic...a sting is a really good idea and is probably the only idea that would actually be succesful in catching these pricks but just a couple of problems i see are:

1) if one of these fullas manage to steal a bike, itll be really obvious to the guy that he is being chased and it is highly unlikely that he'd go back to hq.

2) a car would be a less noticeable option for following but its not hard to lose a car whilst on a bike...specially the sorta bikes that are being targeted...i dont hear about any gn's being stolen

3) just along the lines of the first point, even if the guy doesnt manage to steal the bike and jumps into a car and hoons off, i doubt that a bike is very inconspicuous....

a gps tracking device however is an awesome idea!! doesnt require us to do shit and we'll find out exactly how the theives are transporting and storing the bikes....we could even orchestrate something in conjunction with the popo....

bomma
13th September 2007, 21:52

like.....DUH

its gonna be a blue/red/white/green/yellow/black/pink/purple coloured yamazukihondaprilliaducatikwakamoto davidson :msn-wink:

now the theives cant steal any bike coz they all being used

hahaha gosh i crack me up :bleh::niceone::cool::rolleyes:

p.s. feel free to add anyother bikes/colours that you please

fact is just coz we say what bike it is, whether the theives are on this forum or not, they have no idea if we are being serious or not...and i seriously doubt that it's going to stop em from stealing the bike that we say we are using....

just coz you see a speed sign doesnt mean you arnt going to speed

Squiggles
13th September 2007, 21:57

pfft, it coulda shared my gargre with the tl

klyong82
13th September 2007, 22:05
pfft, it coulda shared my gargre with the tl

We can take turns......hahah

Hanne
13th September 2007, 22:19
We can take turns......hahah

Bags next in line!
(sssh don't tell Nish :P)

I saw the bike parked there also, texted stephen right away 'here comes trouble'.
(was on the way up to Art History building)

Well done Nish for keeping an eye out. :niceone:
(NOW can i ride your bike... please :P)

bomma
13th September 2007, 22:24
(NOW can i ride your bike... please :P)

just crack your whip n take the tl for a spin

how did stephen put it??

"itll whip my kwaka"??

sounds like a tui ad

"the tl would whip the kwaka - yeah right" :rofl:

motorbyclist
13th September 2007, 23:49
argh - useless cops

on tonight's ride they saw us all stop for dinner at warkworth;

sure enough on the motorway there was like 12 cops waiting to breathalyze us! not one rider failed asfaik

why can't they be out stopping real crime?!

skidMark
14th September 2007, 04:01
argh - useless cops

sure enough on the motorway there was like 12 cops waiting to breathalyze us! not one rider failed asfaik

after i cleared breathtest i dissapeared round the left bend up to 110kph hitting 19k rpm every gear....

was great....

left them with a nice noise :)

and oi...get a frikking haircut you bogan!

skidMark
14th September 2007, 04:06
its gonna be a blue/red/white/green/yellow/black/pink/purple coloured yamazukihondaprilliaducatikwakamoto davidson :msn-wink:

now the theives cant steal any bike coz they all being used

hahaha gosh i crack me up :bleh::niceone::cool::rolleyes:

p.s. feel free to add anyother bikes/colours that you please

fact is just coz we say what bike it is, whether the theives are on this forum or not, they have no idea if we are being serious or not...and i seriously doubt that it's going to stop em from stealing the bike that we say we are using....

just coz you see a speed sign doesnt mean you arnt going to speed

i'm tempted to sit there and wait actually...not like i have anything better to do...

**loads his gun**

skidMark
14th September 2007, 04:07
better yet....you all pin them down....and somebody hand me a switchblade

and a blowtorch.

xwhatsit
14th September 2007, 10:34
argh - useless cops

That sounds like pretty good police-work to me. Maybe not 12 cops -- but I'm sure you're exaggerating -- but didn't you read all that shit recently about those two on a Harley that got wiped out by a drunk driver on the wrong side of the road?

You can't seriously be condoning drink riding, and I don't think you are. But drink driving is not like speeding -- surely it's best to catch as many as possible no matter what, and if that means camping out just outside of pubs then so what.

motorbyclist
14th September 2007, 16:58
my point was that they set up a checkpoint with quite a few cops (i heard it was twelve - but that might only be 6 cars) just for us, yet they won't show up when we've caught some theifs in the act of stealing a student's bike

and of course none of us were stupid enough to drink and ride (but i supose they didn't know that)

motorbyclist
14th September 2007, 17:01
after i cleared breathtest i dissapeared round the left bend up to 110kph hitting 19k rpm every gear....

was great....

left them with a nice noise :)

and oi...get a frikking haircut you bogan!

me and my brother got on the motorway at silverdale and were cruising at around 160 (my speedo's broken so i didn't realise but my brother did)

we were hoping to go down the backroads but no-one else really came (so we went motorway from silverdale). it's a good thing too cause my brother is still on his restricted and if he had to show his licence at the checkpoint he would've been past curfew and lost his licence through demerit points - even though it was only like 10:30 and we would've been in a large group of fully licenced riders

and while your bike may sound fast - get a frikking proper bike you learner!

skidMark
14th September 2007, 17:19
me and my brother got on the motorway at silverdale and were cruising at around 160 (my speedo's broken so i didn't realise but my brother did)

we were hoping to go down the backroads but no-one else really came (so we went motorway from silverdale). it's a good thing too cause my brother is still on his restricted and if he had to show his licence at the checkpoint he would've been past curfew and lost his licence through demerit points - even though it was only like 10:30 and we would've been in a large group of fully licenced riders

and while your bike may sound fast - get a frikking proper bike you learner!

now now play nice LOL, settle this shit on the blacktop:P

Scouse
14th September 2007, 17:29
lets get something organised via pm guys, this has gone on long enough....You would be better off getting your self a JOB anyways what the fuck is a skinny weasle like yourself gonna do against two 6'2" skinheads? (fuckin reality check eh)

bomma
14th September 2007, 21:55
You would be better off getting your self a JOB anyways what the fuck is a skinny weasle like yourself gonna do against two 6'2" skinheads? (fuckin reality check eh)

lol mental image of mark revvin the shit outta his bike, gettin chased down by a car fulla skin heads :lol::clap::scooter::D:rofl::killingme

McJim
14th September 2007, 21:57
You would be better off getting your self a JOB anyways what the fuck is a skinny weasle like yourself gonna do against two 6'2" skinheads? (fuckin reality check eh)

While they're pulping the wee fella it keeps them occupied while we steal their car?

bomma
14th September 2007, 22:02
oh and the guy with the r1 is gonna be shoutin me a box of beers at the start of the ride on sunday, and (since im taking a pillion) i wont be drinkin em all myself so a free "departure" beer if you come along on sun ;)

ehab2weelr
14th September 2007, 22:38
oh and the guy with the r1 is gonna be shoutin me a box of beers at the start of the ride on sunday, and (since im taking a pillion) i wont be drinkin em all myself so a free "departure" beer if you come along on sun ;)

mate im not goin for the beer, im in it for the ride....:niceone:
and wev been talking bout drink rideing :no:... and as a club i dont think its a good idea to allow beer on rides....:rolleyes:

motorbyclist
14th September 2007, 23:23
same here

beer at the end before we bugger off home is ok, but before we start is just asking for trouble that the club may be found responsible for

and if you try to get insurance to pay for your new bike and they know you were drinking they won't pay out (check your policy, some won't allow ANY drinking regardless of the legal limits)

xwhatsit
14th September 2007, 23:25
Hahaha. I won't be turning up on Sunday, because not only have my new/old forks blown their seals, but I'll probably still be half-cut from tomorrow night. Good fooking luck getting up in time to be at uni at 10.30 :lol:

You can leave that beer on my locker on Monday, then, Nish? ;)

Tickler
15th September 2007, 10:24
Good work bomma (isn't that an original line in this thread)

I always walk up/down symonds st before/after classes, looking at the bikes and watching out for dodgy behaviour.

I have no real evidence but...
On either monday or tuesday i saw a White Toyota Hiace (not the brand new shape), with 5% tinted windows, driving up and down symonds st looking at the bikes.
The occupants seem to fit your description of white guys of medium build etc.

So i guess this could be the vehicle for van loading/transporting.
So yeah. a white hiace with the tints so you cant see the bike in the back.

Again no real proof they were dodgy, but just what i noticed!

twinkle
16th September 2007, 09:23
Could be these guys nicking the bikes, or maybe some guys they pay to nick the bikes for them http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/9/story.cfm?c_id=9&objectid=10462336

motorbyclist
16th September 2007, 09:57
well we're ring right past them on scenic driven then!

so get on ya bike, come riding and pay 'em a visit!

or just come riding

lealand
16th September 2007, 10:17
Hey do what I did years ago for some fun with a mates car ;-) I wire a detonator to the donor bike they will F..king shit them selves ;-)

B

marty
16th September 2007, 10:21
now now play nice LOL, settle this shit on the blacktop:P

would you please get off your lazy arse and go and get a job.

tosser.

bomma
18th September 2007, 09:31
Good work bomma (isn't that an original line in this thread)

I always walk up/down symonds st before/after classes, looking at the bikes and watching out for dodgy behaviour.

On either monday or tuesday i saw a White Toyota Hiace (not the brand new shape), with 5% tinted windows, driving up and down symonds st looking at the bikes.
The occupants seem to fit your description of white guys of medium build etc.

So i guess this could be the vehicle for van loading/transporting.
So yeah. a white hiace with the tints so you cant see the bike in the back.

Again no real proof they were dodgy, but just what i noticed!

its good that we are able to raise awareness for bike security....if we had every other biker just glance at the bike parks (keeping an eye on the more expensive bikes), then we'd surely have very few bike thefts round uni, which benefits all :2thumbsup

keep up the good work mate, and hopefully this will deter these assholes from coming back and trying any more shit....im gonna start carrying my sledge hammer round with me and practicing swings against cars parked illegally on alfred st :Police:

Grub
18th September 2007, 09:45
The occupants seem to fit your description of white guys of medium build etc.!

Please tell us that you called the police comms and gave them the reg at least. It's called a "1C - persons acting suspiciously". They DO take note. Plus given all the thefts lately ... they'd be onto it pretty damned quickly I'd imagine. Hell, if it is those guys, from past evidence, the van would be stolen.

I'm sorry but if you observed all this and did nothing, there's no kudos in that at all ... more, it makes you part of the problem :(

motorbyclist
18th September 2007, 15:16
Please tell us that you called the police comms and gave them the reg at least. It's called a "1C - persons acting suspiciously". They DO take note. Plus given all the thefts lately ... they'd be onto it pretty damned quickly I'd imagine. Hell, if it is those guys, from past evidence, the van would be stolen.

I'm sorry but if you observed all this and did nothing, there's no kudos in that at all ... more, it makes you part of the problem :(

beleive it or not, the cops don't seem to care about students getting their bikes nicked, even though the thiefs are in stolen cars too.

i checked out the ignition on that r1 today - those bastards ruined it

Grub
18th September 2007, 22:10
beleive it or not, the cops don't seem to care about students getting their bikes nicked, even though the thiefs are in stolen cars too.

They told you this when?

motorbyclist
18th September 2007, 22:23
they don't seem to care

i say this because as far as they're concerned it's just property and not people (ie drugs, assault) - and every experience i have had with stolen property and police is unsatisfactory to say the least

that, and the fact that while (is would seem) there is an attempted theft atleast once a fortnight on that road, they put an unmarked on the side of the motorway to catch speeders rather than on symonds street

the irony is that if they did set up on symonds street, they would not only have a good chance of recovering a stolen vehicle and possibly bikes, but they'd catch alot of speeders too - AND all the couriers/taxis that go down alfred street at speed (30kph limit - pedestrian zone) and then often do a left turn (no left turn last time i checked)

bomma
19th September 2007, 15:07
They told you this when?

when my house was burgled a lil wile back, the cops showed up and did a report and stuff and then they turned to my dad and asked him if we had insurance, my dad said yep, so they told us straight up that they arent going to continue further in their inquiry and that we should try and claim as much as we can back.....

my dad then asked em what would have happened if we didnt have insurance and the cops said "well then tough luck".....

a really inspiring story aye....really makes you want to trust the system....

Grub
19th September 2007, 16:31
they put an unmarked on the side of the motorway to catch speeders rather than on symonds street

Just remember, the yellow/blue cars are Highway Patrol and the orange/blue ones are general duties ones. The yellow cars are looking for traffic infringements and the orange ones are looking for baddies. That's how they're structured so that's how they have to work.

You don't see orange cars doing speedtraps nor yellow ones attending burgs. People get this emotively all wrong and spout this crap again and again without knowing the facts.

HungusMaximist
19th September 2007, 17:27
when my house was burgled a lil wile back, the cops showed up and did a report and stuff and then they turned to my dad and asked him if we had insurance, my dad said yep, so they told us straight up that they arent going to continue further in their inquiry and that we should try and claim as much as we can back.....

my dad then asked em what would have happened if we didnt have insurance and the cops said "well then tough luck".....

a really inspiring story aye....really makes you want to trust the system....

You know it's funny how when you call the 111 and go ''there's a burglar in my house WHAT THE FUCK should I do'', the operator will probably go 'stay in your house and whatever you do don't try to apprehend the burglar, a unit will be dispatched to your address within the hour'.

Then if you go 'there's a burglar in my house and I have a shot gun and I am thinking about using it'. The cops will be there within 30 mins with armed forces, helicopter and whatnot.. :eek:

But to be honest Nish, if some low life thief came over and stole your shit, the cops are definitely not gonna send a forensic team over to dust finger-prints. It's harsh, but it's reality, they got better shit to do, e.g. pulling people over for speeding. :Police:

Next time, cause a scene and try to get the media involved, somehow.

motorbyclist
19th September 2007, 18:29
Just remember, the yellow/blue cars are Highway Patrol and the orange/blue ones are general duties ones. The yellow cars are looking for traffic infringements and the orange ones are looking for baddies. That's how they're structured so that's how they have to work.

You don't see orange cars doing speedtraps nor yellow ones attending burgs. People get this emotively all wrong and spout this crap again and again without knowing the facts.

i'm referring to the likes of the black holden that gave me my first speeding ticket (which i didn't argue about cause i was speeding - on an empty road without houses checking my wheel balance/alignment)

obviously if they blatantly put a patrol car on symonds street the theifs would never be seen again, but if they just had a mufti cop in mufti car they could catch the bastards and maybe even recover some stolen property

edit; wtf does it matter what colour the car is? it's still a cop in a car which may/may not be equipped to chase other vehicles

ehab2weelr
20th September 2007, 10:37
tell me bout it...
ok i know that the cops are there to make sure we are safe etc....
but because they dont have a zero tolerance to Theft , you will see so many people macking a living out of it...macking a living out of what you worked hard to get...
the cops can put some time into Controlling the Excessive thefts would mack life so much Easier for all of us...
but there is no mony for them in sttoping thefts where as there is in Traffic ..
dont know how speeding or pulling wheeles is a crime that must be stopped but theft and murder is not that great of a crime????

Macstar
20th September 2007, 11:03
Like I wrote in another thread, in a 12 moth period the year before the last the NZ Police issued 1.6 million traffic infringements to NZ motorists. NZ has a population just over 4 million of which maybe 50-60% drive vehicles. That means on average about 7/10 NZers received traffic infringements that particular year.

Either the majority of NZers are criminals or something has gone wrong. On the whole I think the Police do a very good job at solving murders and violent crime, they suck at burglaries and thefts and are EXCEPTIONALLY good at traffic policing.

People are pretty divided on this topic though and many traffic offendees are happy to pay fines when caught, acknowledging their wrong.

My two cents is that the rate of traffic offenses should not be markedly higher than that of other criminal activities i.e. if the real criminal element in NZ consisits of say 1/15 people (murder, theft, violence etc) how is that 7/10 of NZers are traffic criminals? The traffic laws and their enforcement are not appropriate in my opinion.

marty
20th September 2007, 14:45
Either the majority of NZers are criminals or something has gone wrong. .

i'd say they are just dumb fucks for getting caught.

motorbyclist
20th September 2007, 16:32
tell me bout it...
ok i know that the cops are there to make sure we are safe etc....
but because they dont have a zero tolerance to Theft , you will see so many people macking a living out of it...macking a living out of what you worked hard to get...
the cops can put some time into Controlling the Excessive thefts would mack life so much Easier for all of us...
but there is no mony for them in sttoping thefts where as there is in Traffic ..
dont know how speeding or pulling wheeles is a crime that must be stopped but theft and murder is not that great of a crime????

i'm sorry that just drove me nuts

i'd say they are just dumb fucks for getting caught.

lol today i passed 4 oncoming cops in a group doing 80 in a 50. i slammed the brakes to 60 - they all eyed me up but kept driving

about 100m later i was doing 80 again, and sure enough another cop came over a crest trying to catch up to his buddies - i tap brakes to 70 and he gives me the evils but keeps driving.

i went to speed back up again but saw another cop so stuck to 60...

lol i stuck to 60 for the next few ks, but had they ticketed me at even 70 i would be all out of demerit points and walking home. must be my lucky day:laugh:

bomma
20th September 2007, 20:02
lol today i passed 4 oncoming cops in a group doing 80 in a 50. i slammed the brakes to 60 - they all eyed me up but kept driving

about 100m later i was doing 80 again, and sure enough another cop came over a crest trying to catch up to his buddies - i tap brakes to 70 and he gives me the evils but keeps driving.

i went to speed back up again but saw another cop so stuck to 60...

lol i stuck to 60 for the next few ks, but had they ticketed me at even 70 i would be all out of demerit points and walking home. must be my lucky day:laugh:

hmmm lookin forward to seeing your post about how you lost your licence and are now bussing to uni :rofl:

motorbyclist
20th September 2007, 20:26
yeah, i'm looking forward to october 19th when the bulk of my points expire:D

ajturbo
20th September 2007, 22:21
i sow them fucks and they knew we knew what there were trying to do, if i no any better they wont come back for some time, there going to wait for things to cool down, in saying that they might read this and come back earlear!!?, so keep an eye open at all times, they would not come back in that car i dont think, because its a wonted car by kbers, but just keep an eye for it any way.
i hatted the look he gave me when he went passed me, as soon as hes cought by us i would wana meet him, and god kows what i would do...

hint, if u c any think like this ask about the bike, how much its done, how long hes had it for etc.... but if there as good as i think they are they would be ready for u, so be creative! and fuck with thim, just keep them hanging for as long as u can, if they tell u to "fuck off" then u know that thats not there bike, txt me or nish asap, well be there for sure

txt or call

my number(0210470190)

here i was thinking i was the worst speller on KB....

Macstar
21st September 2007, 11:40

I've seen worse from Auckland uni students (been a tutor for two years). It's pretty scary that students with such shocking grammar (international and national) are accepted into uni in the first place and then allowed to graduate. It makes my UOA degree look like shit - back of a cereal box material...

Unfortunately, The UOA has sold out in recent years, lowering its standards and chasing the dollars. Bit like the Police force really, accepting barely literate cadets, some with minor convictions.

(HA!, knew I could find a way to bring this back to the NZ Police!).

ehab2weelr
22nd September 2007, 15:59

mate i cant b fuked spelling every thing write.. too much effort in that.:lol: and i tend to skep letters wen im typing. just used to txting aye! :2thumbsup

Hanne
28th September 2007, 14:16
mate i cant b fuked spelling every thing write.. too much effort in that.:lol: and i tend to skep letters wen im typing. just used to txting aye! :2thumbsup

th skry thngs tht ma sis txt dilkts so advncd i dnt ustnd hlf th thngs sh trys 2 tel mi

(The scary thing is that my sister's text dialect is so far advanced that I actaully don't understand half of the things she tries to tell me.)

nzcanadian
1st October 2007, 23:11
Would this work?

We could run a chain along the ground between the big trees over by the engineering building, and loop it around a tree at each end. Then bikes could tie up and not get stolen.
I'd be happy to contribute some of the cost, since I park there ;)

motorbyclist
1st October 2007, 23:38
what if they have some bolt cutters on them?

it'd need to be a damn heavy chain

bomma
2nd October 2007, 09:48
Would this work?

We could run a chain along the ground between the big trees over by the engineering building, and loop it around a tree at each end. Then bikes could tie up and not get stolen.

i can just imagine a truck draggin a bunch of bikes along the road coz they all stuck to the same chain :lol:

and the guys r prolly thinkin "at least one bike must haf fallen on top of another and is still in good condition and the rest can be used for parts" :rofl:

motorbyclist
10th November 2007, 11:31
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=591492

raises eyebrows

maybe somebody should ask for the engine number

Squiggles
10th November 2007, 12:20
the rsv was older than that.... anyone wanna shout me some gsxr radial caliper styled forks so i can mount up those brembo's? :innocent: