PDA

View Full Version : WTB:Oxford tailpack base

Pumba
12th September 2007, 13:03
Has anyone out there got a Oxford Tailpack Base that they want to sell, might be off a bag that is stuffed or somthing? I already have a Oxford tankbag and as far as in aware the tank bag and the tail bag are the same.

Heres the link to the oxford website of what im after

http://www.oxprod.com/index.php?pg=3&action=dept&id=16&pid=231&p=

Please drop me a PM or reply on the thread if you have anything.

Pumba
14th September 2007, 17:02
Anybody at all?

rwh
15th September 2007, 00:08
Has anyone out there got a Oxford Tailpack Base that they want to sell, might be off a bag that is stuffed or somthing? I already have a Oxford tankbag and as far as in aware the tank bag and the tail bag are the same.

Heres the link to the oxford website of what im after

http://www.oxprod.com/index.php?pg=3&action=dept&id=16&pid=231&p=

Please drop me a PM or reply on the thread if you have anything.

Be careful you get the right thing.

I've got an Oxford tank bag that I bought with a strapon base, since the magnetic ones wouldn't work with my previous bike. It would work fine with the present one, so I went and tried one they had in the shop (on a tankbag they had for sale) - it fitted my bag fine, so they ordered one in. Unfortunately, there are two almost identical bags, and the only one they could get the base separately for was the other one ... got in a couple before working out the right one wasn't available. The difference that was easiest to describe over the phone (the shape isn't) was that the slidey part of the zip was on the wrong half - one had it on the base (the one I have), and the other had it on the bag.

The one in that picture wouldn't fit my bag, I think - it's squarer. Having said that - it doesn't look like it has a zipper at all, so perhaps it's a completely different beast, and this whole post has been a waste of time.

Never mind.

Richard

Pumba
17th September 2007, 12:45
So the moral of the story is just check it out before you hand over any money. Sweet as thanks for the help, someone has PM'd methe model number of what it should be so that is a start.

Still looking if anyone has got one.

Pumba
21st September 2007, 12:02
Still after one if anybody has got it

Pumba
30th September 2007, 11:02
Yep still looking