PDA

View Full Version : WTD: SV650 wheels

t3mp0r4ry nzr
12th September 2007, 13:08
spare wheels front and rear to fit 2nd generation SV650

GSVR
12th September 2007, 16:11
Your local Suzuki dealer should be able to get you some. Maybe you could get a few others together and get a discount for a bulk order.

imdying
12th September 2007, 17:19
Don't want to sell your dash plastics (the bit round the instrument cluster) do you?

Toast
12th September 2007, 17:42
eBay is your cuzzie-bro for second hand wheels.

I'm sure your dealer could get you some in, but then you'd probably be better off just buying a spare bike for the price they'd charge.

I think that JIll mentioned CBR F4 wheels fit the SV too, but check with her first!

Sully60
12th September 2007, 19:06
eBay is your cuzzie-bro for second hand wheels.

I'm sure your dealer could get you some in, but then you'd probably be better off just buying a spare bike for the price they'd charge.
I hear that!

[/QUOTE] I think that JIll mentioned CBR F4 wheels fit the SV too, but check with her first![/QUOTE]

This is a relatively easy conversion but I would check if its legal for Pro-twins as the rear rim is 5.5" and they're probably about five kgs lighter the the stk Suzy wheels (damn those things are heavy!) ok for F3 though.

FROSTY
12th September 2007, 20:01
for a rear you can use a first generation wheel with different bearings.
The SV400 wheelis the same
For a front I think the sv thou wheel will do the job
You CANT use the f4 wheel for pro twins and Im pretty sure it wont take a 160 rear -its desighned for the 180 rear

GSVR
13th September 2007, 07:47
1/ Different bearings plus different spacers and carrier bearing support.
2/Are there that many of these bikes about or where they just for the Jap market?
3/Take a look at a SV1000 wheel. Nothing is the same.
4/ Can't use a F4 wheel for Pro Twins but the width is actually better for a 160. The SV rim is budget and build as skinny as they could get away with for the 160 IMO.

Any way if someone was selling a complete set of wheels with Disks and carrier in perfect condition what would be a fair price to pay for them?