PDA

View Full Version : Scooter Grrl...

manuboy
7th October 2004, 11:30
Hey yah... forgive me if this has been asked b4... i didn't even search cos i couldn't think of what to search for... I'm thinkin seriously of getting my partner a scooter with the price of gas lately, and what it might come to, i reckon we'd save a few bucks which i can then spend on aftermarkets ... hehehe (or more shoes for her) ...

Somebody told me you don't have to warrant them and rego is less than $100 a year? Was this person smoking my stash or is that about right?

She already has all the gear, so i'd just need to pick up a 49cc jaunt mobile. Then i could take it out to the buckets as well (!)...

Hitcher
7th October 2004, 11:55
It is good to see somebody genuinely concerned about the state of the planet and for their partner's well-being. You are to be commended!

Dodgyiti
7th October 2004, 11:55
Yep, under 50cc is cheap, but also older than 40 years as well.
The bike , that is :spudwhat:

White trash
7th October 2004, 11:56
Sub 50cc, and less than 2kw get no WOF treatment and $76 slides a year to reg. Your stash is safe.

Get a Suzuki SJ50 for $2K brand new, remove the restrictor yourself and you've got a 4.5KW fire breathing monster.

Cajun
7th October 2004, 11:58
Sub 50cc, and less than 2kw get no WOF treatment and $76 slides a year to reg. Your stash is safe.

Get a Suzuki SJ50 for $2K brand new, remove the restrictor yourself and you've got a 4.5KW fire breathing monster.
scooters are awsome little things when i mov eback in to town i will look at getting one isntead of doing little around town shit on the gixxer

Mr Skid
7th October 2004, 12:07
..Suzuki SJ50...
...4.5KW fire breathing monster.

So is that gonna be the next trashmobile? :Pokey:

bungbung
7th October 2004, 13:02
For a few more dollars you can shut down SJ50 pilots with a PMX50 (derestricted). I bought one for my partner 6 months ago.

Scooters are great fun.

manuboy
7th October 2004, 13:11
For a few more dollars you can shut down SJ50 pilots with a PMX50 (derestricted). I bought one for my partner 6 months ago.

Scooters are great fun.

Cool lookin! i'd be leanin more towards the "Kazuma Mamba" - $1800 brand spankers! Woudl also get her some xtra visibility gear on top of what she already has....

White trash
7th October 2004, 14:33

Scooters are great fun.

I see a scooter shootout in the making, big guy.

Hope you launch it better than the VTR...*ducks and runs for cover*

bungbung
7th October 2004, 14:51
I see a scooter shootout in the making, big guy.

Hope you launch it better than the VTR...*ducks and runs for cover*

Maybe I should also use my feet when launching the vtr?

You're on, but you are going to need to carry ballast, prob'ly around 50kg.

vifferman
7th October 2004, 14:52
I have a scooter once.

Blakamin
7th October 2004, 15:13
I have a scooter once.
did it taste alright?

vifferman
7th October 2004, 15:22
No you donot understand me. I use to have a scooter but it was bang by a big truck. But my nauty goat tast it once and bite the seat.

jazbug5
7th October 2004, 15:42
Goat food!

You're back.. and we thought you'd been kid-napped..! :2thumbsup
(my little joke... sorry)

Blakamin
7th October 2004, 15:46
Goat food!

You're back.. and we thought you'd been kid-napped..! :2thumbsup
(my little joke... sorry)
:killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme

F5 Dave
7th October 2004, 16:45
Hey look seriously, . . . if you go to Moore Wilson Fresh in town they often have wild goatmeat. It’s got to be healthy as closest thing to natural upbringing.

Sure you have to cook it a while, but make the grousest curry (well haven’t tried Grouse in a curry but), -becomes real tender after a good hour. Probably make a good casserole.

It’s cheap too, usually under $10 a kilo.

manuboy
7th October 2004, 16:57
Ya See, i think this is what Dangerous started off saying (re: so much crap to get through)... not that i mind...not that i MIND... don't flame me...aaaarrrgghhh don't flame meeeeeeeeeeeee arrrrgh.... :msn-wink:

[forward to phychiatrist(?) office]
M: But it wasn't me doc honest! i started a thread about tiny little scooters for my lovely wee partner and, honest doc, they were talking about goat and grouse curry within 20 posts! aaaargh.. not the needle! not again! aaaaarrrrghhh!!!!

:spudwave:

Storm
7th October 2004, 17:31
Scooters are great fun mate :ride: You can hold it to the stops all day and not kill yourself or get ticketed. And when you get more power out of them , you get a reall feeling of acheivement. Goat discussions dont belong on a bike site do they? Or has no one filled me in yet?? :shit:

manuboy
7th October 2004, 19:17
Scooters are great fun mate :ride: You can hold it to the stops all day and not kill yourself or get ticketed. And when you get more power out of them , you get a reall feeling of acheivement. Goat discussions dont belong on a bike site do they? Or has no one filled me in yet?? :shit:

yeah... even if she doesn't want one, i might get one... i'd be at work b4 the sv even warmed up i think...

goat talk is cool... i was just laughing at how quickly a thread can morph... :niceone:

White trash
8th October 2004, 18:53
Maybe I should also use my feet when launching the vtr?

You're on, but you are going to need to carry ballast, prob'ly around 50kg.

I tell ya what.

A cou[ple of years ago, me and a few workmates (who'll remain nameless) got a bunch of scooters together and went to Pekapeka. Did a spot of beach racing on them. Videoed the whole lot, edited it into a TV sports style coverage, laid a soundtrack on it.

Fucken hilarious. I've still got it at home, I'll bust it out next time I have a shindig.

Motu
8th October 2004, 20:07
Scariest ride I've ever had was on my FA50 - I was given this thing...OK? Spend a couple of days welding patches into a rotten Morris Minor pick up,and all I get is a fucking scooter that doesn't go? helloooo? I'm the dumbest mechanic in the world,I can fix anything - I made a new muffler out of a stainless Seagull outboard exhaust,put a stinger on it...55kph down hill,she rocks man!It had one small problem I never figured out....well,I never even tried to figure it out,but that's the sort of thing you do when you get a freebee FA50....the headlight went out when you put the brakes on,but you don't ride at night eh...

So one night I work late to get a truck out for some ungrateful contractor,and have to ride the FA home - now I lived on Waiheke Island then,and had to go over Seaview rd (part of the old TT course,I got to ride it every day),it's a gravel road,one of the worst on the island,no street lights,pitch black - it's steep going downhill on the northern side.I get to the top and start my run down the other side...brake...BLACK OUT,I CAN'T SEE A THING!!!! stop,look as far as I can...go....brake....black....stop.....release brakes,grab as much of the road into my brain...brake,black,stop...release brakes....a metre or two at a time all the way - steep drop off to the right,ditch and bank to the left.It must of taken me 20 mins to do that 1/2 km,what a nightmare.

Don't tell me you can't have fun with a scooter - or not have stories to tell....

F5 Dave
11th October 2004, 08:23
Precisely :whistle:

Blakamin
11th October 2004, 08:35
I tell ya what.

A cou[ple of years ago, me and a few workmates (who'll remain nameless)
that narrows it down huh??

scumdog
11th October 2004, 09:22
Ya See, i think this is what Dangerous started off saying (re: so much crap to get through)... not that i mind...not that i MIND... don't flame me...aaaarrrgghhh don't flame meeeeeeeeeeeee arrrrgh.... :msn-wink:

[forward to phychiatrist(?) office]
M: But it wasn't me doc honest! i started a thread about tiny little scooters for my lovely wee partner and, honest doc, they were talking about goat and grouse curry within 20 posts! aaaargh.. not the needle! not again! aaaaarrrrghhh!!!!

:spudwave:

So let me get this right: we have a goat riding a 40 year old scooter it got for nothing with the restricter removed on a down-hill at night with no headlight on it's way to a beach race to save money for its girlfriend? :shit:

manuboy
11th October 2004, 11:39
So let me get this right: we have a goat riding a 40 year old scooter it got for nothing with the restricter removed on a down-hill at night with no headlight on it's way to a beach race to save money for its girlfriend? :shit:

i've just printed that, and i'm stowing it in my jacket.... cos Scumdog, when i get around to touring your neck of the woods, and perchance you pull me up for some ticketable offence, i'm claiming insanity (yours not mine - my goat will back me up on that)... :2thumbsup

scumdog
11th October 2004, 12:04
i've just printed that, and i'm stowing it in my jacket.... cos Scumdog, when i get around to touring your neck of the woods, and perchance you pull me up for some ticketable offence, i'm claiming insanity (yours not mine - my goat will back me up on that)... :2thumbsup

Hey man, ease up, what else could you make from the contents of this thread? it's their fault, they started it, honest, I had nothing to do with it :wacko:

I bet if you ask your goat it'll back me up. :msn-wink:

manuboy
11th October 2004, 20:55
Hey man, ease up, what else could you make from the contents of this thread? it's their fault, they started it, honest, I had nothing to do with it :wacko:

I bet if you ask your goat it'll back me up. :msn-wink:

Hmmm... there's something slightly Karmic here... the goat is in the thread, scumdog is in the thread, all of the letters in goat are also in Otago... ... ... (took me over 9 hours to work that part out)....

Hitcher
12th October 2004, 18:05
Hmmm... there's something slightly Karmic here... the goat is in the thread, scumdog is in the thread, all of the letters in goat are also in Otago... ... ... (took me over 9 hours to work that part out)....
Sounds like your karma ran over your dogma.

scumdog
13th October 2004, 20:30

Hey, so it's not 'go' in Otago, it's goat!!! and I never even knew it!

I managed to get 'racy tuner' from Canterbury in 3min 18 secs - that's including a trip to the fridge for a mind enhancing alcoholic beverage to fine tune my brain. :killingme

Jess
3rd November 2004, 13:27
I bought my scooter for $1000 (1994 model) AJ50R - it cost me around $40 for a 6mth rego, and it doesnt need a warrant. i can do around 100km to the tank - which costs approx $4.50 to fill, and $10 for a bottle of oil, which i put in once every 5 tanks - and it lasts about 3 fills. VERY cost effective, go buy your Mrs. one :)
and a hint from me - a scooter rider myself: some days you can feel very conspicuous, so get her a tinted visor as well - it helps. :o

YAYY FOR SCOOTERS! :2thumbsup