PDA

View Full Version : It's over - yeehaa

Riff Raff
12th September 2007, 15:57
As some of you know I was assaulted by a patient last October resulting in a wrist injury that required surgery and had me off work for six months. The matter has been before the District Court several times and been adjourned each time (the guy pleaded not guilty). Well yesterday it was back in Court. The guys solicitor tried to get the case thrown out to start with, the judge said no, so then they tried to get it adjourned again. They were unsuccessful. So I finally got to take the witness stand, which was a harrowing experience. His lawyer was a prize bitch and did her best to discredit me. Upshot of it all is that the Judge convicted him (found out afterwards he has 10 previous convictions for assault, although they were 11 years ago). So he's narrowly escaped a jail sentence, but has to serve 160 hours community service and pay me for emotional distress. So it's finally over.

I celebrated today by going for a ride, the first in about 3 months. I got the R6 just after the incident and have ridden it about 5 times since then -the wrist problems and decreasing confidence with not riding often being the reason. It felt great to get out there today on such a lovely, sunny day. Had a lovely pootle out to Maraetae for an icecream and everything gelled with my riding. Think I might have to head out again tomorrow. Bloody Speedie and Boomer turned up after I got home on their bikes. They'd ridden out that way too and we must have just missed each other.

I did notice that no other riders waved to me today. Might have to start a thread about that.....

Joni
12th September 2007, 16:01
Yay! Onwards and upwards hun.... :clap:

Stickchick
12th September 2007, 16:02
Congrats...its about time they finally did something about it.

Her_C4
12th September 2007, 16:05
..... I did notice that no other riders waved to me today. Might have to start a thread about that.....

Ha ha ha - Nooooooooooooo not again :spanking:

Hey seriously though that is really great news on all counts Sue. :wari: Really pleased for you that you managed to get out on the bike and find that you 'still have it'.... :2thumbsup

yungatart
12th September 2007, 16:06
That is good news RR!
Glad it is finally over for you, and good to hear you've been back out on your bike!

Riff Raff
12th September 2007, 16:08
Thanks girls. And by a happy coincidence the amount he has to pay me for emotional distress is the exact amount needed for a fixer upper track bike that WT has told me I'm buying!!!

jrandom
12th September 2007, 16:10
Why on earth does a patient assault an ambulance officer?

Have you already told the story, RR, or if not, do you mind telling it?

Stickchick
12th September 2007, 16:12
Thanks girls. And by a happy coincidence the amount he has to pay me for emotional distress is the exact amount needed for a fixer upper track bike that WT has told me I'm buying!!!

Sweeeettt!!!!:clap:

Mental Trousers
12th September 2007, 16:12
Sweet. Hope you're signed up for a track day sometime soon then :D

Motoracer
12th September 2007, 16:13
Wow.. That took a while!

Congrats on getting a verdict. :)

Joni
12th September 2007, 16:13
Why on earth does a patient assault an ambulance officer?becuase little shit with bad attitude plus alcahamohol results in a bully! Grrrrr....

White Trash did a thread if I recall.... cant remember 100%!

boomer
12th September 2007, 16:14
Congrats Miss Raff and next time we're out that way i'll be sure to let ya know!

inlinefour
12th September 2007, 16:19
I know what its like to be assaulted at work, but nothing of what it must have been like for you with the emotional distress you describe. I hope that now you can put it all behind you and move on with confidence.
I'm not surprised that the individual and their lawyer have done what they did, as it sounds like both of them have done it all before. Pity the judge did not hand down a gaol sentance though as that might have been what stops these sort of people from doing this sort of thing again. Another wet bus ticket handed down by the NZ justice system.
But, the main thing is that your allright. Enjoy that R6 and I hope also that the wrist is in fine form now. When I forst started riding the CBR I found my neck and wrists hurt and it took a few weeks for them to strenghten up. Hopefully the same will happen to yours. :2thumbsup

MadDuck
12th September 2007, 16:21
amount he has to pay me for emotional distress is the exact amount needed for a fixer upper track bike

Hmmmmmm how CONVENIENT! Bloody good to see you got a result RR

Riff Raff
12th September 2007, 16:22
becuase little shit with bad attitude plus alcahamohol results in a bully! Grrrrr....

Pretty much it.

White Trash did a thread if I recall.... cant remember 100%!
No that was about the last one - yeah it's happened more than once!

mstriumph
12th September 2007, 16:24
Thanks girls. And by a happy coincidence the amount he has to pay me for emotional distress is the exact amount needed for a fixer upper track bike that WT has told me I'm buying!!! it's a SIGN!!!! :clap: but woulda been sweeter if he'd have said sorry instead of fighting it out in court ...

Grub
12th September 2007, 16:26
Excellent RR.

The bit that has a nice ring about it is that you got on the bike and had some Cave Time. Probably if the boys had met up with you, you'd not have pottled along at your pace and not regained yer confidence. Sounded perfect, you did it for you.

Make my day and tell me that his community service has to be done with the ambo service (where he has to do all the shittiest jobs).

mstriumph
12th September 2007, 16:27
.............- yeah it's happened more than once!

is there nothing that can be done to protect you from this sort of thing?

McJim
12th September 2007, 16:29
Sorry to hear about the incident - glad you're feeling confident on the bike again.

Wellyman
12th September 2007, 16:56
Good to hear ya ya back and fighting fit Sue , and back hooning on that nice bike of yours.
Take care,
Wellyman

jimbo600
12th September 2007, 17:01
Nice one peaches.

So you're back to work then? Wearing the uniform? Ummyeah warm buttcheeks.

Good news Sue. Community service though? Fucker needs a good beating.

Can I have a burl on the track bike?

LilSel
12th September 2007, 17:01
is there nothing that can be done to protect you from this sort of thing?

not really... one of my ex's is an ambo... had many a story

Skunk
12th September 2007, 17:05
You must be pretty relieved. Pity they weren't harder on him.

I did notice that no other riders waved to me today. Might have to start a thread about that.....Look forward to that thread...

The Pastor
12th September 2007, 17:10
comunity service is such a cock wank though, washing dishs picking up litter - all jobs I do every now and again.

Congrats of on a good day in court (never thought it could happen but hey) hope that the wank actually pays out too.

Macktheknife
12th September 2007, 17:15
Yay for you Sue, great to hear it is finally over.
Especially pleased to hear you are feeling happy on your bike again, keep it up girl.
See you on the road sometime.
Mack

R6_kid
12th September 2007, 17:32
lol at the waving thing! Glad you're back out and riding Sue. I'm sure that if you continue to get out on the bike, and Jimmy manages to stay on his (and in front of everyone else) there will be smiles all round from now on!

ynot slow
12th September 2007, 20:57
Nothing but praise for ambos and that's first hand,was in hospital and had to go to NP base,doc said to go up in ambulance with an accident victim,she was in pain,but officers were great for her,just giving sympathy,me I was ok and enjoying the ride,still every 15 mins was asked you ok?Got to base hospital and one of the ambos even made sure the wife was told where I was and checked she was ok as well,nurses and health workers all get my respect.

Colapop
12th September 2007, 21:00
You should have keeked heem in ze balls!!

flame
12th September 2007, 21:11
Thats fantastic news my wee hunny hotbuns bunny! Hope you got the chance to give em a good descreet thump as he walked past too.

Great to hear the aRRRsse Sex gave you a big smile today too :D

Give that sexy lodger ya have staying a huge kiss for me will ya :yeah: (noooooo... not Mark!!! geesssssh)

scumdog
12th September 2007, 21:28
Good one R-R, with a bit of luck the little turd will screw up his hours and get sent to jail anyway.:soon:

Nasty
13th September 2007, 02:26
awesome news riffraff .... its just hard when pricks like that try to get away with stuff.

White trash
13th September 2007, 04:36
Why on earth does a patient assault an ambulance officer?

Have you already told the story, RR, or if not, do you mind telling it?
Dunno. But the intimidating smug cunt almost got himself a slap on the side of the head in the courtroom when he decided he should sit next to Sue when I had to leave for 5 minutes to move the car.

janno
13th September 2007, 07:22
Glad to hear that's all over.I know that everyone has to be treated fairly, but sometimes you gotta wonder who gets anything out of this joke we call our legal system. Oh, that's right - the lawyers . . .

Enjoy your bike and let's hope the fecker that did it somehow has a mysterious brain trauma and turns in to a decent human being.

HDTboy
13th September 2007, 07:29
Lettuce know if you want to throw the Mrs on the back and go for a pootle Sue. You're always welcome to come out with our regulars

Sniper
13th September 2007, 07:37
Congrats RR

Ocean1
13th September 2007, 10:25
Real nice it's sorted RR, glad you're enjoying the bike.

Mrs O had a fair bit to do with the local ED, spend any time there and you'll see some seriously dangerous behaviour. I once learned (late, through a third party) that she'd been involved in a fracar with one of the local mob there. I wanted a name, right now. Her mate then told me the rest of the story, she'd dropped him cold on the waiting room floor. I wasn't much comforted, his mates were there and it could have been way more ugly.

They even patched him up so he could do the same thing on the next shift. :angry:

Lil_Byte
13th September 2007, 10:36
You will be well pleased it is over.

Shame the little shit couldn't have got a bit harder sentence :girlfight:.

Get out and enjoy