PDA

View Full Version : University onsite bike servicing etc??

R6_kid
12th September 2007, 17:45
Who would be interested in such a service?

I was a student as of last year, and can remember it being a hassle to get my bike too and from a shop to get servicing work done.

How many of you would be interested in having the option of getting your oil/filter change done at uni for you, a chain and sprocket fitted, or if it's more serious - having the bike taken to the shop for you.

As there are a few main campus's around Auckland it would be on a one day per campus per week arrangement, with bookings almost definately being neccesary, especially in the cases of chains etc/major servicing.

Not a definate thing at the moment, but if the interest warrants action then something may happen.

What do you guys have to say?

klyong82
12th September 2007, 17:50
What a good idea R6_Kid ...I could be up for that to give a helping hand. Dont mind doing oil, filter, pads, plugs, air filer changes. Man this can be turned into a business...Well done.

Xile
12th September 2007, 18:07
That might be handy Gareth!
Will you do track preparation too??
Will it be student prices?

Will i get french student girl prices?
:laugh:

Folcan
12th September 2007, 21:04
Sounds good, im always worrying about any sound my bike makes. I keep thinking something is gonna break and freak out

haha

Squiggles
12th September 2007, 21:39
Would normally just do it at home, otherwise i tend to take it to wherever necessary, queen st motorcycles is the new shop in the city aint it? or motorcycle surgery isnt that far...

Not for me but maybe others :)

klyong82
12th September 2007, 21:47
Would normally just do it at home, otherwise i tend to take it to wherever necessary, queen st motorcycles is the new shop in the city aint it? or motorcycle surgery isnt that far...

Not for me but maybe others :)

Queen St. m/c expensive $65 plus gst hourly rate scary

R6_kid
12th September 2007, 21:48
Was thinking of possibly partnership with closest (reasonable) bike shop to each uni for major stuff.

Track prep is easy Xile... and you got my number so you can pay me the "female french student" way any time you like :hug:

R6_kid
12th September 2007, 21:51
Prices would probably be shop price minus 10-15%... depends i guess. Gotta factor in the costs of running a van etc.

But i mean how cool would it be to come out of a lecture and know you have fresh oil, a new filter and a clean lubed and tensioned chain all ready and waiting.

Also thinking in terms of n00b scooter riders who don't understand the maintenance involved with scooter/bike ownership.

klyong82
12th September 2007, 21:52
SMC bikini bike wash!! that would generate some revenue

bomma
12th September 2007, 21:58

with Red Bull girls!!!! :yes:

R6_kid
12th September 2007, 22:01
you gonna wear a bikini, coz i sure as hell am not... you'll thank me later

bomma
12th September 2007, 22:08
you gonna wear a bikini, coz i sure as hell am not... you'll thank me later

what if there was money involved??

i notice that ur signature or watever reads "Help me raise funds for Outward Bounds - Looking for weekend work to earn extra income - Anything considered! (Auckland Area Only)

how desperate are you for money to go to Outward Bounds?? :devil2: :lol:

HungusMaximist
12th September 2007, 22:14
Help me raise funds for Outward Bounds - Looking for weekend work to earn extra income - Anything considered! (Auckland Area Only)

Hey bro, there's a ASAP job as Student Job Search where it invovles you handing out fliers during peak time, Downtown city and the pay is around $15-$20 an hour.

The catch is, you gotta do it in your boxers and with your pants dropped down on your ankle and tugging it around while you walk. It's a new promotion campagin for budget air fare ( I believe it might be the new Virgin carrier... not compeltely sure).

Do a search run on SJS, they have heaps of shit going on everyweek!

Good luck! :niceone:

R6_kid
12th September 2007, 22:17
Do a search run on SJS, they have heaps of shit going on everyweek!

Good luck! :niceone:

Chur, while i would actually do that, i work full time now (drop out), so would be a bit difficult, hence looking for weekend work.

bomma
12th September 2007, 22:20
^ bet the bikini wash is sounding a whole lot better now aye bro :lol: ;)

Squiggles
13th September 2007, 16:38

keen... my gn's need a clean

motorbyclist
13th September 2007, 17:42
will you do do dirtbikes? mine hasn't had a proper wash since i got it:bleh:

Chrislost
13th September 2007, 20:24
id be keen to see gareth in a bikini!
only if it was reallllly skimpy though...

Hanne
13th September 2007, 22:05
id be keen to see gareth in a bikini!
only if it was reallllly skimpy though...

Hmm, I'm sure I could find him a spare one...:clap:

what colour would best match his complexion??

HungusMaximist
13th September 2007, 23:11
^ bet the bikini wash is sounding a whole lot better now aye bro :lol: ;)

Since the weather is getting warmer, like today for example, it would be wise move to get some girls in Bikinis to do some washing.

This could also lead to a business venture ---> girls in Bikinis wash your bike, get your photo take with them, then you pay us some money. :msn-wink:

*mumbles* *'Hannah'*

R6_kid
14th September 2007, 17:58
Hmm, I'm sure I could find him a spare one...:clap:

what colour would best match his complexion??

I bet you'd like that sweetie pie :bleh:

bomma
14th September 2007, 22:06
I bet you'd like that sweetie pie :bleh:

think we all wud mate :lol:

im bringing my camera along...we'll make you a youtube star yet r6 kid :2thumbsup

ehab2weelr
14th September 2007, 22:45
so i wana no how did this thread go from fixing bikes to bike wash????:innocent:
hahahahahahah
but my gsx needs a good wash...:second:

motorbyclist
14th September 2007, 23:28
lots of bugs stuck to my bike, and my white rims have brake dust and road grime (some stuck on with chain lube) that needs removing!