PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha SR250's

gamgee
7th October 2004, 14:20
Well I decided to go with the Yamaha SR250, am driving up to Ashburton tommorow night to pick it up, just found out they don't have a rev counter as standard ( :tugger: ), just wondering if it is possible (or practical) to add one? and if so how do I do it?

Yokai
7th October 2004, 14:59
Well I decided to go with the Yamaha SR250, am driving up to Ashburton tommorow night to pick it up, just found out they don't have a rev counter as standard ( :tugger: ), just wondering if it is possible (or practical) to add one? and if so how do I do it?

I run an SRV250 - this is the 4DN6 model from Yamaha. If you can get a hold of the SRV4DN4 or 5 parts, then you can get a twin instrument set that SHOULD (repeat should) fit, along with the mountings for it. You'll need to graft in the Tacho connection though.

I would have thought with the single cylinder version you wouldn't need a tacho, but hey... Your call.

Yokai

gamgee
8th October 2004, 13:51
yeah I know I probably won't do it, just wondering if i could do it should I want to... :niceone:

SPORK
8th October 2004, 16:11
I love tach's. Whenever i am in a vehichile I want to know where it is so i can stare at it! :)