PDA

View Full Version : Newish member. New bike

piebuss
7th October 2004, 14:20
Hi I'm sort of new, hav'nt introduced myself yet though.
My name's Woody. I bought a Suzuki FXR 150 a month ago and decided it was gutless and too short for me (probably jst because I weigh 100kgs, not saying the bike is crap) so I've jst this morning put a deposit on a Honda Xelvis. Anybody heard of them?? Its beautiful.. It's a V twin 250cc sports cruiser. I'll get some pics onto my profile when I get it. It's in at Red Barron at the moment getting a pack rack on it. :headbang: I cant wait to go for a nice long ride.
None of my mates have bikes, do you guys go for weekend rides often?
I really like the site. Lots of useful info.
Woody

vifferman
7th October 2004, 14:26
Hello, Mr Woody.
Was your bike used to be owned by Elvis the King of ROCK?

jrandom
7th October 2004, 14:31
My name's Woody. I bought a Suzuki FXR 150 a month ago and decided it was gutless and too short for me (probably jst because I weigh 100kgs, not saying the bike is crap) so I've jst this morning put a deposit on a Honda Xelvis.

Hello Woody.

I'm 100kg too and the FXR does me fine... but I'm a boring old fart on the inside, really.

The Xelvis looks like a nice bike.

manuboy
7th October 2004, 14:38
Hello Woody.

but I'm a boring old fart on the inside, really.

The Xelvis looks like a nice bike.

yeah the avatar give it away...you boring bugger....

any bike looks SORTA like a baby SV and has a fan page has to be alright!
(somebody wanna translate any of that??????)

http://xelvis.uw.hu/hun/main.htm

Blakamin
7th October 2004, 15:05
Heya Woody... congrats on the bike... cant wait to see pics!

wari
7th October 2004, 15:45
HUllo Woody mate ... ==> :moon:

NO WOody jokes please people ... make roome eh ... :spudwave:

Ms Piggy
7th October 2004, 15:53
Hi Woody :wavey:
Welcome to the site, you'll meet some great riders through here. sounds like a nice bike. Have fuuuuuun!

SPORK
7th October 2004, 18:03
HUllo Woody mate ... ==> :moon:

NO WOody jokes please people ... make roome eh ... :spudwave:
Ahh, good to see the standard Wari-Welcome, a nice big ass in your face! :D

Welcome aboard anyways! A great place to banter and piss and moan, and have fun as well if your into that sort of thing :ride:

The Pastor
7th October 2004, 18:32
Hey woody,

I was going to buy your bike but saw somthing better :D

This site is great! you will like it. or else........

:D

piebuss
8th October 2004, 13:00
Hello, Mr Woody.
Was your bike used to be owned by Elvis the King of ROCK?

Don't know. I bought it of a uni student who had upgraded to 400cc bike. nice guy.

Jrandom, I'm guessing from your avitar that you take it fairly easy on the old fxr :tugger: :D
Yeah I get the odd 'woody' joke here and there, I'm always amused by new, original ones :mobile:
Anyways looking foward to meeting and rideing with some of you
cya
Woody

scumdog
8th October 2004, 13:26
Don't listen to them woody, it's not a great site, they are not great people - all they do is argue, niggle, bicker, and abuse, they're also one-eyed, narrow minded, unforgiving and biased - and that's their good points!! :eek:

Welcome! if the above also describes you then you'll fit right in!! :niceone:

P.S:
They are also sympathetic, helpful and understanding but that's the boring side of them

Her_C4
8th October 2004, 13:33
...I'm always amused by new, original ones :mobile:
.... I guess this means you don't too amused too often then???? ... :no:

Hiya Woody .. welcome a board...... :crazy:

Hitcher
8th October 2004, 13:56
All of these XL bikers, gosh I don't know!

Maybe we should start a "too big to tandem skydive" thread??

scumdog
8th October 2004, 14:02
All of these XL bikers, gosh I don't know!

Maybe we should start a "too big to tandem skydive" thread??

I know what you mean Mr H, with full uniform & all the gear I weigh 93kg - and I reckon I'm fat!! (and no, I ain't 5'4"!!!) :shutup:
I hate to think what I'd look like on a wee XN250 :crazy:

Hitcher
8th October 2004, 14:38
I know what you mean Mr H, with full uniform & all the gear I weigh 93kg - and I reckon I'm fat!!
You poor waif! It's a bastard having to fight anorexia.

scumdog
8th October 2004, 14:53
You poor waif! It's a bastard having to fight anorexia.

I think I might need drenching to get rid of that tapeworm that is stopping my intake of pies and beer (and coffee & do-nuts, - de riguer in my occupation) from reaching full potential and to allow me to moan how my leathers don't fit/bike is too small etc like the rest do :killingme

magnum
8th October 2004, 16:34
hello and welcome,get a 600 when you can afford,they rock even with a fat b,stard like me 100kg plus :devil2:

piebuss
11th October 2004, 22:44
I'm not fat, jst big boned :)
I pick up the bike on wed, or friday. depends. If I spend more than $2.23 before wedensday then I pick it up on Friday :soon: so that means one can of V in the morning on Wed and a long ride all avo or a cafe breakfast with the girlfriend and a long wait till Friday :buggerd:
I've found someone to buy my bike but they are paying me on thursday night. And the ammont I'm owed by work is just enough to get my bike and leave me with $2.23 to play with. if I get it on Wed I cant even fill it up :whocares:
anyways,thanx for the posts guys. I'll post a new thread with links to pics of my bike for anyone who is curious of how the 'old' elvis looks.
cya

inlinefour
15th November 2004, 12:40
Hi I'm sort of new, hav'nt introduced myself yet though.
My name's Woody. I bought a Suzuki FXR 150 a month ago and decided it was gutless and too short for me (probably jst because I weigh 100kgs, not saying the bike is crap) so I've jst this morning put a deposit on a Honda Xelvis. Anybody heard of them?? Its beautiful.. It's a V twin 250cc sports cruiser. I'll get some pics onto my profile when I get it. It's in at Red Barron at the moment getting a pack rack on it. :headbang: I cant wait to go for a nice long ride.
None of my mates have bikes, do you guys go for weekend rides often?
I really like the site. Lots of useful info.
Woody

:wavey: and brought a Honda :first:

Sniper
15th November 2004, 13:57
yeah the avatar give it away...you boring bugger....

any bike looks SORTA like a baby SV and has a fan page has to be alright!
(somebody wanna translate any of that??????)

http://xelvis.uw.hu/hun/main.htm

No thanks, Im good :eek: :blah: