PDA

View Full Version : Quick Review of the CBR1100XX

Two Smoker
7th October 2004, 16:31
Hey everyone, i was lucky enough to ride a 97 CBR1100XX yesterday and today.... Well what can i say..... other than its fucking fast.....

But wait there is more :eek5: IT HANDLES AS WELL....

The bike has a dry weight of 220kgs, but is extremely well balanced and very flickable into the corners, one bad point is it doesnt take much to scrape the hero blobs on the road (but that could just be my riding style)..... Extremely well mannered in mid corner... I would say that its like throwing around a heavy 600... Was very impressed (especially after riding the RG which has lightning fast turning)

One thing you have to be very careful of is the power.... she has plenty of it, and you rarely get to use full throttle, and if you do make sure yo can see along way infront of you.... I didnt take her all the way out, but easily saw 245kmh without much trying. Front wheel comes up effortlessly in first, second and third gear......(just off the throttle) i generrally short shifted into second because it ate first so quickly....

Personally for me it is too fast, but i had a 95 kg guy on the back and it wasnt fazed by his weight in acceleration, top speed or handling......

Was actually very easy bike to ride, and was quite comfortable doing 60kmh or 110kmh

So if you want a great comfortable bike which is very quick when needed and easy to ride, the CBR1100XX is a great bike.... if you like to ride balls out like myself..... Look into a 600 as 150Bhp is too much power :wacko: :crazy:

Cheers...

Bleck K6
7th October 2004, 21:34
what were those linked brakes like?
I have a performance streetbike mag with a fireblade with a blackbird engine in it, That would be a bit of a weapon.

Two Smoker
7th October 2004, 22:08
what were those linked brakes like?
I have a performance streetbike mag with a fireblade with a blackbird engine in it, That would be a bit of a weapon.
When i used the rear brake, it caused the bike to brake very flat, there was no diving..... but for the majority of my braking i just used the front brakes only....

Didnt ride long enough to push it hard enough to have had to use the rear brake in mid corner, but from reviews i have seen, its not good for that :wacko:

Fuck that would be a weapon......

Bleck K6
7th October 2004, 22:31
When i used the rear brake, it caused the bike to brake very flat, there was no diving..... but for the majority of my braking i just used the front brakes only....

Didnt ride long enough to push it hard enough to have had to use the rear brake in mid corner, but from reviews i have seen, its not good for that :wacko:

Fuck that would be a weapon......
Yeah it would be interesting to have a ride on a blackbird,if the engines are anything like the blade engine they must be very reliable.

Motoracer
8th October 2004, 09:33
Nice review chris! Wana bring that thing on Sunday? :yeah:

Two Smoker
8th October 2004, 10:05
Nice review chris! Wana bring that thing on Sunday? :yeah:

Wouldnt mind doing that, but it is at Colemans getting a service, new brake pads and chain and sprockets.... ill see tommorrow if it is ready or not.....