PDA

View Full Version : Excell spreadsheet

Skyryder
7th October 2004, 20:30
Anyone know what this problem is and how to fix on Excel spreadsheet.

Have a file that will not print all the gridlines. Clicked the box print gridlines but there are a number of cells/rows where the horozontal gridlines will not print. Have tried altering the cell height but then the gridlines move down to another row and will not print. On print preview they do not show either. Need to know what I can do so that all gridlines print. Just stuck on this.

Skyryder

StoneChucker
7th October 2004, 20:40
Seems silly, but highlight all the cells around and including the area that wont print, right click, format cells (I think), then boarders. De-select the boarders (gridlines) and then reselect them. I find this sometimes works, IF I'm thinking of the prob you have.

Or, click File, Page setup, and check the whole document is included in the "print area" field (on one of the tabs)

I find it very hard to help people long distance. I'm usually pretty good if I'm there, so sorry to be of little help :(

Blakamin
7th October 2004, 21:16
Seems silly, but highlight all the cells around and including the area that wont print, right click, format cells (I think), then boarders. De-select the boarders (gridlines) and then reselect them. I find this sometimes works, IF I'm thinking of the prob you have.

Or, click File, Page setup, and check the whole document is included in the "print area" field (on one of the tabs)

I find it very hard to help people long distance. I'm usually pretty good if I'm there, so sorry to be of little help :(
sounds right to me... and i did a help desk for a while.... never again

Warren
7th October 2004, 21:16
If that doesn't sort out the problem
download OpenOffice.org (about 60mb) and print it with that.

StoneChucker
7th October 2004, 21:30
Have you read some of those Help Desk "pisstakes" or heaven forbid, true stories of people calling in for help? Crikey, some of them need Euthanasing.

Blakamin
7th October 2004, 21:33
Have you read some of those Help Desk "pisstakes" or heaven forbid, true stories of people calling in for help? Crikey, some of them need Euthanasing.
not wrong!....and then you tell someone exactly what [shift + Del] does and they wonder why stuff dont work!! :bye:

"what is right click?"

StoneChucker
7th October 2004, 21:56
Right-Click is the click that fixes the problem

Blakamin
7th October 2004, 22:02
the peeps i spoke to were "a mouse has 2 buttons???"