PDA

View Full Version : The Sopranos' ending

riffer
13th September 2007, 22:41
So...

what do you reckon about that ending?

A massive anticlimax, or how it really happens...

Wasn't it Pauly who said a couple of weeks back that you never even hear the shot that takes you out?

MyGSXF
13th September 2007, 22:47
What ending.. :spudwhat: whadda crock of shit that was!!! :tugger:

Drum
13th September 2007, 22:50
A setup so they can squeeze a movie out of it?

orangeback
13th September 2007, 22:50
???????????????????????:girlfight::2guns:

Skyryder
13th September 2007, 22:53
Bit of a letdown. But they can keep their options open.

Skyyrder

T.W.R
13th September 2007, 23:02
So...

what do you reckon about that ending?

A massive anticlimax, or how it really happens...

Wasn't it Pauly who said a couple of weeks back that you never even hear the shot that takes you out?

:2guns: lights out :msn-wink:

Guy who went to the toilet drilled Tony in the swede.

better remember not to make any phone calls at a servo though :sick:

sugilite
13th September 2007, 23:30
So...

Was Bobby that said that, when they were out on the lake in the episode where Bobby and Tony had that fight.

And yeah, I still reckon the series ended like that in order for a possible movie

nudemetalz
13th September 2007, 23:38
True.
Was Meadow stuffing up her carparking buying time for that ending?
When that was happening, it got you thinking "right, something big is about to happen" like at that ending of one of the seasons where a tree fell onto the restaurant.

Trudes
14th September 2007, 06:58
:( I'm just so sad :crybaby: it's over
Disappointed slightly with the ending, but hey, they could've really fucked it up. Had to say the Sopranos line at the end "What the Fock!"
I still think they should have ended it with Tony sitting by the pool and the ducks fly in and land in the pool, like it began so long ago. Now that would've been poetic. :argh: well, at least now people will have something to buy me for Xmas and birthday presents, each season on DVD.

Dilligaf
14th September 2007, 08:17

LMAO I LOVE quotes like this.... And Pauly would know this because....?

Because the dead man who never heard the shot told him????
:blink:

forkoil
14th September 2007, 08:18
I'm a recent convert and being a mile or three behind the 8 ball didnt realise that last nights WAS the final episode!!!! Damn. The guy goes to the toilet, camera goes back to the Sopranos table, everyone has an onion ring, then "end of the ferkin episode"...What was that about!!!! Not even a friggin gunshot (or did I blink and miss something). I mean you could tell SOMETHING was gonna happen, with all the build up looking at the guy at the bar etc, but no satisfaction (as Mick Jagger so famously said). I feel ripped off!!! Anyone else?

forkoil
14th September 2007, 08:38
Quite a good summary of the ending here
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/06/11/SOPRANO.TMP

PuppetMaster
14th September 2007, 09:04
A massive anticlimax

Agree. they had so many options for the end, and in the end left it to our own imagination.

Paul in NZ
14th September 2007, 09:13
Oh - its a TV show? Ferk - I thought another opera star had died... Stuffed if I know i was twidding with bikes in the garage...

riffer
14th September 2007, 09:37

No, just setting the tone for what will follow.

There's all sorts of neat stuff in the Sopranos - the obvious constant homages to the godfather movies, the use of colour to indicate what is going to happen next.

I just loved the cat as the visual metaphor for death. Did you notice the cat on the picture on the wall above Tony - class. :clap:

Matt Bleck
14th September 2007, 09:49
It was a great ending, I actually thought for a minute that channel ONE had shit itself!

nudemetalz
14th September 2007, 11:25
I actually thought for a minute that channel ONE had shit itself!

I thought that too :(

SVboy
14th September 2007, 11:40
I loved it-just left it to your imagination. Did Tony get drilled? Did Tony win and is it back to "happy" families? If the toilet guy was a hitman[as per Godfather],who contracted him? So many options-sigh!!!!

Pixie
14th September 2007, 11:54

Originally the quote comes from a military source,where the supersonic rounds used would mean that an instantly fatal bullet wound would occur before the sound of the shot arrived at the victims ears.

Doesn't apply to subsonics and would rule out most hand guns.

Winston001
14th September 2007, 13:39
For fans, here is a forum on the Sopranos http://p196.ezboard.com/bsopranolandforum and the official site http://www.sopranoland.com/

I was a bit stunned by the ending but thought it was clever - leaves it for the viewer to imagine. There were two guys who had just walked into the restaurant as well.........

What ya gunna do? :rolleyes:

Lissa
14th September 2007, 16:20
I really thought it was going to end with the whole family getting wiped out... when it finished like that (wondered why the TV had lost sound!).. I was a little bit peeved off. I guess it was going to end some strange way. And leaving it to our imagination was a good choice I suppose.

JimO
14th September 2007, 18:48
it was getting a bit stale anyhow, what it needed was more violence and naked chicks, my fave episode was when paulie and chris went to collect from some russian gangsta and ended up shooting him and went to dump him in a forrest when he escapes and they were chasing him, one of them looses his gun and the other says " what you gonna shoot him with....... your cock"

Trudes
14th September 2007, 19:06
it was getting a bit stale anyhow, what it needed was more violence and naked chicks, my fave episode was when paulie and chris went to collect from some russian gangsta and ended up shooting him and went to dump him in a forrest when he escapes and they were chasing him, one of them looses his gun and the other says " what you gonna shoot him with....... your cock"

LOL, I remember that one, that was a goodie.

banditrider
14th September 2007, 19:18
I agree with most of ya in that they've left a lot of unanswered questions so that there is a possibility of a movie or maybe (doubt it) another season. Great program - pretty much the only thing I watch during the week.

Also reckon that epsiode with Pauly & Chris mentioned above was one of the best. Though the hit on Phil last night was pretty hard case.

Winston001
14th September 2007, 20:41
.....my fave episode was when paulie and chris went to collect from some russian gangsta and ended up shooting him and went to dump him in a forrest when he escapes and they were chasing him, one of them looses his gun and the other says " what you gonna shoot him with....... your cock"

The Pine Barrens - Episode 37, Series Three.

It takes place in woods in the south of New Jersey state, a favourite place for bodies to disappear. What I was always waiting for was the Russian to turn up and kill Paulie.....

There is another classic bit too - Tony is warning Paulie over a bad cellphone line that the Russian is Spetznatz but Paulie doesn't quite hear it....

Paulie: Your never gonna believe this...the guy killed 16 Czechoslovakians. He was an interior decorator.

Christopher:Really? His house looked like shit!

bart
14th September 2007, 21:24
Nah. Good ending.

It makes them look like any other happy, disfunctional, family.

peasea
14th September 2007, 23:04
What ending.. :spudwhat: whadda crock of shit that was!!! :tugger:

As it has been for ages. I gave up watching it. In fact the last time I did I fell asleep.

Pussy
15th September 2007, 18:00
My favourite episode is when Pussy was Father Christmas at the kids' Xmas party, and he has an argument with a little boy that concludes with the little boy yelling "Fuck you, Sanna!!". Bloody classic. Anyone know what episode/series that was in??
As for the last episode, I reckon Tony got whacked

Winston001
15th September 2007, 19:42
My favourite episode is when Pussy was Father Christmas at the kids' Xmas party, and he has an argument with a little boy that concludes with the little boy yelling "Fuck you, Sanna!!". Bloody classic. Anyone know what episode/series that was in??

Series 3 Episode 36 To Save Us All From Satan's Power

Actually it is Bobby Bacala who is dragged in to play Santa because Pussy used to do it but now sleeps with the fishes. Bobby doesn't do a very good job.........

Skyryder
15th September 2007, 20:22
As for the last episode, I reckon Tony got whacked

My own take on the ending was a major power outage. It'd be great start for a new series. Just as Soprano is about to get slotted and a major shoot up erupts in the blackened diner. They all seem adament that that was the final........finito................ kapreesh.

Skyryder

MaxB
15th September 2007, 20:33
Man I loved that show. I'm not so sure the guy at the bar/toilet was going to hit Tony. Surely Tony would be wise to it by now. I like to think somehow the FBI were going to get involved. They were keeping watch on him.

The thing I lked about the Sopranos was Tony was such a pig of a man but somehow you couldn't help but like him.

Oh well, it was better than most of the crap on TV