PDA

View Full Version : The things you find in the country

Bonez
15th September 2007, 19:29
Doug and I went for a wee toddle today in search of an old portable steam engine he knew about for some time ago (30 plus years:whistle:). We eventually found it after much head scratching and referring to a map.

Was a good opportunaty to see what Ronda, the '76 550f, could do. Hadn't had her out for eight months or more so a decent strop was in order. Yes the ride involved gravel. Hit the good ol ton without much effort at all. In fact she reved out to it's 9500rpm red line in a smooth linear fashion. So she must be in pretty good shape for a 31yo. Certainly a smoother power delivery compared to the CX and a lot easier to toss about.

Pics attached

98tls
15th September 2007, 19:34
:niceone:Awsome looking bikes....both of them,when a young fella i had a 500/4,wish i still did:oi-grr:

deanohit
15th September 2007, 19:42
What cool pics, that old engine looks really cool with all the moss and rust on it, and what a pair of awesome looking bikes.

tri boy
15th September 2007, 19:56
Nice find Bonez.:yes:
Anyone interested in refurbishing the steamer?

swbarnett
15th September 2007, 21:39
Awsome find! Where was this? I know a part time photographer that would just love to point her camera at it.

Bonez
16th September 2007, 08:22
Awsome find! Where was this? If I told ya I'd have too shoot ya. Seriously now. We haven't managed to get hold of the land owners details yet, so I'm reluctant to post the exact location on a public forum.

Meanie
16th September 2007, 08:28
Nothing like a treasure hunt eh bonez
Nice photos :niceone:

Bonez
16th September 2007, 08:28
:niceone:Awsome looking bikes....both of them,when a young fella i had a 500/4,wish i still did:oi-grr:By all accounts 500/4s are quite collectable now. Who woulda thought eh?