sold!

bert_is_evil
17th September 2007, 08:55
Gasp! Why are you selling?

duckaddict
19th September 2007, 22:45
Hi Bert!

Good question! :D

Time for a change I guess, also, when you're slow you tend fault the bike and not yourself :baby:

bert_is_evil
20th September 2007, 16:16
hehe, time to upgrade to a litre bike then :Punk:

Prof - R
20th September 2007, 19:01
so what you going to buy hope you seen the light & getting a HONDA :clap::clap::clap:

Cr1MiNaL
20th September 2007, 19:15
what u getting now dude.. I knew u were selling it but just thought maybe u were only contemplating??!! R6 time?

duckaddict
24th September 2007, 22:19
litre bike? nah... too heavy too powerful for a small guy like me...

Honda? they are good (miss my MC19 - those were the days) but (CBR600RR) lacks features that are important to me...

R6? Good contender but the 50th anniversary colour scheme are hard to find for the 600 :) I just love the yellow and black, but nah...

...so I went with the very common gixxer, built quality is nothing like the Honda or Kawa but it feels so much better - handling wise, IMO that is. Managed to find a mint second hand 750, picked it up last Sat (under the rain) - really happy with it so far :)

Bring on summer!!

:ride:

Cr1MiNaL
24th September 2007, 22:27
Score bro !! Nice 1 .. I'm sure Leong had some influence in this....? :yes: Any chance of pics?

NinjaBoy
24th September 2007, 22:29
sad to see you sell the Ninja but you have to go with what you're comfortable with. The 636 is an aggressive beast even in the more refined 05-60 model. The 07 is no different.

Hope you have fun with the Gixxer as I now own one as a track/race bike. I know what you mean by build quality now that I've been very intimate with it as I prep it for racing.

duckaddict
24th September 2007, 22:54
Score bro !! Nice 1 .. I'm sure Leong had some influence in this....? :yes: Any chance of pics?

Leong is evil :msn-wink:

Photo taken on Sat with cellphone camera, not long after picking up the bike.

sad to see you sell the Ninja but you have to go with what you're comfortable with. The 636 is an aggressive beast even in the more refined 05-60 model. The 07 is no different.

Hope you have fun with the Gixxer as I now own one as a track/race bike. I know what you mean by build quality now that I've been very intimate with it as I prep it for racing.

Yup, some ppl like that aggressive feel, but for me the bike just doesn't really give me confidence, however, it could be just me.

Good to know you've got yourself a race bike!

Cr1MiNaL
24th September 2007, 23:01
Lovely !! gr8 to c uve got the colour spot on !!! Congradulations !

Prof - R
26th September 2007, 00:22
well done mate you've gone got yourself something good there hope you enjoy it

Leong
26th September 2007, 07:01
Leong is evil :msn-wink:
Yup, and I hope things work out better for you than Allan....

Photo taken on Sat with cellphone camera, not long after picking up the bike.

Yup, some ppl like that aggressive feel, but for me the bike just doesn't really give me confidence, however, it could be just me.

Good to know you've got yourself a race bike!
Look forward to seeing it in the flesh - and getting you lots and lots of track time to get back the confidence you had on the 250.

My plan is working.....now I've got mates to do Suzuki track days with!! ( Yes, truly evil :msn-wink: ) Time to book some time off for the MotoTT/Suzuki double end of October and then the HRC/Suzuki in early Dec!!