PDA

View Full Version : Washing machine wanted

HungusMaximist
16th September 2007, 16:30
Hey guys, have new property that I am moving into in St Johns in Auckland City.

In need of a washing machine. Been looking on trade me for second hand ones but I don't really know where to start, or what to look for.

Budget is probably between $200-$250, anymore, I'd be better off buying a new one.

Knowing some fellow KBs are gear heads so any tips and suggestions on inspecting washing machine will be appreciated (what to look out for, etc).

If you have a spare one, you wanna sell, let me know aye.

my numbers 0273205236/02102577066

Cheers :clap:

peasea
16th September 2007, 16:34
Hey guys, have new property that I am moving into in St Johns in Auckland City.

In need of a washing machine. Been looking on trade me for second hand ones but I don't really know where to start, or what to look for.

Budget is probably between $200-$250, anymore, I'd be better off buying a new one.

Knowing some fellow KBs are gear heads so any tips and suggestions on inspecting washing machine will be appreciated (what to look out for, etc).

If you have a spare one, you wanna sell, let me know aye.

my numbers 0273205236/02102577066

Cheers :clap:

Why not put your $250 down on a new one, get an interest-free deal and get the warranty? If you spend $250 on a lemon you won't have any comeback.

nadroj
16th September 2007, 20:45
Check out the dealers 2nd hand ones. They usually tidy up trade ins & re-sell with a warranty.

klingon
16th September 2007, 21:54
If you were a member of the Consumer's Institute you could get their latest report on recommended models (see below) :)

The prices below are for new ones of course (as at Sept 07) so you'd be looking for much less than that for a second hand one.

Best small models (up to 5.5kg)

Fisher & Paykel MW512
* Price: $699
* Why recommended: Best small top loader
* Good points: Excellent rinsing performance. Good dirt removal and spin efficiency. Very easy to use.
* But : Not especially water-efficient. Low gentleness score, though close to average for a top-loader. No object trap. No lint filter (but has a lint-disposal system).

Whirlpool WF810W
* Price: $1100
* Why recommended: Affordable small front loader
* Good points: Good dirt removal on warm cycle. Good overall performance. Good rinsing performance. Fast-wash option for part load. Easy to use.
* But: Long cycle-time (but will be a little shorter on a cold wash).