PDA

View Full Version : AGM & BBQ @ Wildwest - Sunday 30th 1:30pm

Squiggles
16th September 2007, 21:51
Don and the boys @ Wild West are having us for a barbie on Sunday the 30th Sept @ 1.30pm so we can finally hold a proper AGM.

We'll have a barbie and a lil get together and try and get the red bull people there (no guarantees bout the Red Bull gurls unfortunately).
Bring yourself, your bike and $1 (to cover the cost for sausages) and we'll have a nice day out in the sun to chill out and get to know each other.

LETS GET US SOME AUSA FUNDING!!!! Pass this around to all the other Uni bikers you see and we should get a good turnout, we need a good number of club members to show and signoff on the meeting for it to count

There will be ride leaving afterwards heading somewhere or rather, see the other thread for info on that...

This event is not restricted to members only and is an open invitation to all however non-members will not be able to participate in the voting and stuff that makes up the actual AGM.

Wild West's address is 3018 Great North Rd, New Lynn, See you all there :)

Hanne
16th September 2007, 22:45
This post will be updated as plans are finalised....

Plan was for a bbq at Wildwest Honda in a couple of weekends time, have the agm then so we've got our funding sorted and so forth :)

Yum. 10char

HungusMaximist
17th September 2007, 10:16
Make sure you sort out who are the bikini girls for the BBQ.

Cheers.

klyong82
17th September 2007, 10:42
Most likely the Red Bulls girls in their leathers....

ehab2weelr
17th September 2007, 11:29
any girl can do the job..
i wana c bomma do it though :lol:..

klyong82
17th September 2007, 12:04
any girl can do the job..
i wana c bomma do it though :lol:..

Yeah Japanese Honda girls!! Yeah Bomma can wear a tight red Honda t-shirt and pants....u know what and during the AGM we will auction him out to anyone starting $1 for a night with Bomma. Yeah Bomma for charity......for the SMC

Hanne
17th September 2007, 21:58
Yeah Japanese Honda girls!! Yeah Bomma can wear a tight red Honda t-shirt and pants....u know what and during the AGM we will auction him out to anyone starting $1 for a night with Bomma. Yeah Bomma for charity......for the SMC

hehehe... for charity, how can you refuse?? :innocent:

bomma
18th September 2007, 09:51

how is it that every freakin thread where it is COMPLETELY UNRELATED to me, that you guys go out of your way to involve me in some sort of ridiculous scheme?!?! <_<

NO I AINT GONNA ACUTION MYSELF AWAY (unless its to one of the Hot Red Bull or Japanese Honda gurls :done:)

BACK ON TOPIC....so yea ill have a chat with Don at Wild West, and settle a date. it will most likely be the sunday after the rotovegas weekend.

Barbie, bikes and bikers (and red bull girls)?? What more could you ask for :Punk: :first:

klyong82
18th September 2007, 10:16
how is it that every freakin thread where it is COMPLETELY UNRELATED to me, that you guys go out of your way to involve me in some sort of ridiculous scheme?!?! <_<

NO I AINT GONNA ACUTION MYSELF AWAY (unless its to one of the Hot Red Bull or Japanese Honda gurls :done:)

BACK ON TOPIC....so yea ill have a chat with Don at Wild West, and settle a date. it will most likely be the sunday after the rotovegas weekend.

Only ladies will bid for you Bomma or some gay person just coming out of the closet (the Honda girls are mine).

Sunday for AGM? That would mean Don will be opening up his store just for us.

Squiggles
18th September 2007, 11:18
or some gay person just coming out of the closet

you mean a honda rider? :lol:

you asked for it :D:D:D

bomma
20th September 2007, 12:09
Sunday for AGM? That would mean Don will be opening up his store just for us.

hey man nah Wild West is open on sunday's these days till 2pm...

was there today and met Don and yea he's sweet azz to have us over on Sunday, 30th Sept startin @ 1.30pm. :niceone:

We'll have a barbie and a lil get together and try and get the red bull people there (no guarantees bout the Red Bull gurls unfortunately).

Bring yourself, your bike and $1 (to cover the cost for sausages) and we'll have a nice day out in the sun to chill out and get to know each other.
:2thumbsup

This isnt restricted to members only and is an open invitation to all however non-members will not be able to participate in the voting and stuff that makes up the actual AGM.

Cheers,
Nish :)

Phurrball
20th September 2007, 17:21
Was at Wild West Honda yesterday getting a vtr1000 I'm looking at checked over. John (who currently owns the VTR) and I were invited along for a ride this Sunday. Shame I only have an FXR available to ride ATM...

Sounds like they plan on running a few Sunday rides... so a Sunday AGM would be good.

One teency request if you're having a BBQ - let me know if there'll be 'stinking hippy food' available (aka vegetarian food) Otherwise I can bring some myself :niceone:

klyong82
20th September 2007, 17:33
While you guys are having the AGM I'll be asking Don can I please test ride the new 07 CBR Fireblade or I'll test a 07 VTR1000 and whip Squiggles TL.....:spanking: who's your daddy? hahahaa:lol:

P.S "committee meeting" who supports my idea for auctioning Bomma starting at $1? for charity

bomma
20th September 2007, 17:36
While you guys are having the AGM I'll be asking Don can I please test ride the new 07 CBR Fireblade or I test a 07 VTR1000 and whip Squiggles TL.....:spanking: who's your daddy? hahahaa:lol:

i was there this morning and don offered me the cbr1000 for a ride...id just jumped on her back when i looked outside and realised it had started raining :(
bloody weather aye :rolleyes:

klyong82
20th September 2007, 17:39
i was there this morning and don offered me the cbr1000 for a ride...id just jumped on her back when i looked outside and realised it had started raining :(
bloody weather aye :rolleyes:

Man he is really looking after you Nish. I might get him to order me some OEM Honda parts at the AGM hopefully at discounted rates

bomma
20th September 2007, 17:40
Was at Wild West Honda yesterday getting a vtr1000 I'm looking at checked over.

hey ross!! sweet azz man a firestorm aye...bit of a step up from el bandito..good stuff :2thumbsup

One teency request if you're having a BBQ - let me know if there'll be 'stinking hippy food' available (aka vegetarian food) Otherwise I can bring some myself :niceone:

and ummm we'll try and get some rabbit food but at the mo it looks like all we are getting is left over meat n bits in wrapping (aka sausages)....ur probably better off bringing some along just in case....unless you dont mind going hungry or turn carnivorous over the next week...

bomma
20th September 2007, 17:50
Man he is really looking after you Nish. I might get him to order me some OEM Honda parts at the AGM hopefully at discounted rates

hehe theyre good fullas aye....and yea im sure he'll be happy to have your business mate!!:2thumbsup good to be in the club aye ;)

hopefully the weather tomorrow is good coz ill be goin back to wild west to pick up my baby and i can test out the cbr thou ;)

Phurrball
20th September 2007, 18:09
hey ross!! sweet azz man a firestorm aye...bit of a step up from el bandito..good stuff :2thumbsup

I was loving it: very mellow to pootle around on, with no need to change gear unless you feel like it...but if you open the taps, it hauls like a freight train on P!

I reckon it's more like a 'open fire' than a 'firestorm' - nice and mellow, and only burning you if you do something stupid! Still plan on testing an RF900 for comparison before I make a final decision. Probably not a TL whipper - especially with me on it...but that's not what I'm after...

ummm we'll try and get some rabbit food but at the mo it looks like all we are getting is left over meat n bits in wrapping (aka sausages)....ur probably better off bringing some along just in case....unless you dont mind going hungry or turn carnivorous over the next week...

Hahaha! Keep your cheeks, lips, ars*holes and sawdust to yerselves! I always find something to eat... I could probably absorb some sort of nourishment from all the shiny machinery at Wild West even if there's no food...

BTW Nish - what does Don ride? Obviously anything he feels like - but he's one hell of a tall bloke? What Honda would actually fit him?

bomma
20th September 2007, 18:25
I was loving it: very mellow to pootle around on, with no need to change gear unless you feel like it...but if you open the taps, it hauls like a freight train on P!

gotta luv the vtwins aye

BTW Nish - what does Don ride? Obviously anything he feels like - but he's one hell of a tall bloke? What Honda would actually fit him?

he actually rides an 07 cbr thou!! it must look tiny under him!! bet he could ride around with an l-plate and people wud think hes on a 250!!! i thot he had a cb900 or something....

mind you he'd look big on anything short of a goldwing:lol:

Squiggles
21st September 2007, 19:25
Bump

Main Post updated :woohoo:

motorbyclist
21st September 2007, 20:32
i suppose i'd better start that thread (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1216044#post1216044)then

ehab2weelr
22nd September 2007, 15:52
P.S "committee meeting" who supports my idea for auctioning Bomma starting at $1? for charity

i second that... hahah.:2thumbsup
ill be there on sundy.. c u all there...:2thumbsup

Squiggles
25th September 2007, 15:25
bump.... 10char

bomma
26th September 2007, 14:16
looks like ill be able to make the agm after all!!! thought i was rostered to work during the day but it turns out i start at 5pm....not that it matters coz im gonna try and drop that shift so i can study for my 25% test on monday mornin!!!

bloody hell uni is getting sooooo old :ar15:

Hanne
26th September 2007, 18:06
maybe I will make some spanner shaped biscuits.

Because it is such a momentous occasion, after all...
(FINGERS CROSSED that it will work out third time lucky!)

And see you there.
bye.

Ragingrob
26th September 2007, 18:49
Cool I'll try make it, see how my 20th on Sat night goes though! :P

motorbyclist
26th September 2007, 19:21
Cool I'll try make it, see how my 20th on Sat night goes though! :P

psssh, i'll be absolutely trashed sat night too (mate's 19th) - i'll still be going!

looks like ill be able to make the agm after all!!! thought i was rostered to work during the day but it turns out i start at 5pm....not that it matters coz im gonna try and drop that shift so i can study for my 25% test on monday mornin!!!

bloody hell uni is getting sooooo old :ar15:

by "study for test" you'd better mean "ride to huia":Punk:

Folcan
26th September 2007, 19:54
Ill probably be able to make it to the AGM will have to see about the ride thou, Ill probably get there late and miss the whole thing by getting lost. but hey ill still be there eventually :P

bomma
27th September 2007, 08:56
by "study for test" you'd better mean "ride to huia":Punk:

uuhhhh lemme think about that one for a fraction of a millisecond......

lol my dads watchin breakfast n there's some old fogey in a magnum p-i kinda suit and bright yellow tie singing his heart out!!! :lol: :rofl: :rockon: ol man:Punk:

ehab2weelr
27th September 2007, 11:06
lol my dads watchin breakfast n there's some old fogey in a magnum p-i kinda suit and bright yellow tie singing his heart out!!! :lol: :rofl: :rockon: ol man:Punk:

whats wrong with u??? hahahah:buggerd: :wari:

HungusMaximist
27th September 2007, 15:43
maybe I will make some spanner shaped biscuits.

Because it is such a momentous occasion, after all...
(FINGERS CROSSED that it will work out third time lucky!)

And see you there.
bye.

Can you make space cookies? :blink: Haha

bomma
27th September 2007, 20:33
whats wrong with u??? hahahah:buggerd: :wari:

that was too funny :lol: i wanna grow up to be just like that ol white fulla :rockon:

mmmm cookies :yes: :drool:

erix
29th September 2007, 00:21
I swear this is not my year for join any SMC gathering.

1st time: Had a wild night, got up late, missed it.

2nd time: Wait one of my friend to stick his anti-fog thing, and late, try to catch up so we speeding all the way to Orewa, and realised that you guys must took the #16 motorway. Missed it.

3rd, 4th time: Assignment and test, missed it.

This time: When I finally well prepared for joining the crowd, gf's family needs me to drive to Taupo over the weekend, it seems Im going to miss it again:weep:....Damn.

bomma
29th September 2007, 00:52
lol dont worri eric we'll be havin many more gatherings this year :)

Squiggles
29th September 2007, 14:19
am i buyin the food? :blink: they got the bbq? :whistle:

bomma
29th September 2007, 19:35
am i buyin the food? :blink: they got the bbq? :whistle:

lol well we didnt make ya president for nothin :niceone: and yea they got a barbie out the back in da workshop

thanks for payin for the saussies steve :2thumbsup hehe just hold on to the receipt, thats why ive told da everyone dats comin to bring $1 along so that you recover some if not most of the money, we'll get the balance off AUSA once we're affiliated ;)

Squiggles
29th September 2007, 20:19
sweet, might still have a 100 pack in the big freezer with some steaks :)

seeya all there

Macstar
29th September 2007, 23:13
Ok to bring a few beers?

bomma
30th September 2007, 09:19
Ok to bring a few beers?

if you're bringing beers make sure theres enough for all of us :niceone:

or at least for enough for the people that are running the club....come on isaac practice your butt-kissing skills ;)

bomma
30th September 2007, 09:35
hmmm i dont think the weather gods like the biker community much...prolly coz we enjoy good weather a bit too much.....after like 4 days of glorious sunshine, when it's time for the agm the weather packs it in....what the hell happened to third time lucky?!?!?! :mad:

Macstar
30th September 2007, 09:57
if you're bringing beers make sure theres enough for all of us :niceone:

or at least for enough for the people that are running the club....come on isaac practice your butt-kissing skills ;)

A box of the finest Double Brown

twinkle
30th September 2007, 10:41
I'm still reenacting the texas chain saw massacre, hopefully i'll finish cutting up these limbs in time to come. mmm bar be que'd meat :drool:

Macstar
30th September 2007, 11:28
I'm still reenacting the texas chain saw massacre, hopefully i'll finish cutting up these limbs in time to come. mmm bar be que'd meat :drool:

Jesus! It's always the quiet white guy... Guys we better watch all those GN wise cracks, 'ol James here maybe taking note and waiting for the right moment to strike.

Squiggles
30th September 2007, 11:40
we're all go, seeya there

xwhatsit
30th September 2007, 12:03
See you soon guys. Wish this bloody weather would clean up :angry:

motorbyclist
30th September 2007, 16:19
damn rain, now my gloves and jacket are soaked

and i left clothes on the line :doh:

bomma
30th September 2007, 16:24
lol you fullas have a nice lil pootle??

motorbyclist
30th September 2007, 16:34
soaking wet

twinkle
30th September 2007, 16:42
scenic drive was a little bit wet, but not too bad :niceone:
A good day for doing some of the bushwalks up there :p
I'm lucky it was on my way home hehe.

carbacca
30th September 2007, 16:42
hahah glad i didnt come along....good to be nice and dry

horrible day for start of daylight savings

bomma
30th September 2007, 16:47
waahahaa agm = money!!! wahahaha gimme gimme gimme

klyong82
30th September 2007, 16:49
Here are some pics of bikes during the AGM. The 07 CBR Fireblade is beautiful....:love: I want one now.

motorbyclist
30th September 2007, 16:55
you should see the 600

klyong82
30th September 2007, 17:12
You mean this CBR600 without any fairings in the first picture? 07 CBR 600 racebike. Look at me in the pics....I was having so much fun. I sat on the Goldwing VFR, VTR, Hornet cool..... I love Honda's :love: All these Honda's will whip Squiggles TL....haha

Macstar
30th September 2007, 18:54
There should have been a vote for the club's official photographer: Kim

bomma
30th September 2007, 19:04
There should have been a vote for the club's official photographer: Kim

what are you talking about macstar?? there was one :whistle: and yea kim was elected remember ;)

Macstar
30th September 2007, 19:09
Oh yeah... remember Kim?

bomma
30th September 2007, 19:12
man i really want either the cbr1000rr or dat r1 anniversary edition :drool:

klyong82
30th September 2007, 19:15
Great I don't mine been cameraman. Now will the club buy me a digicam? I dont ask much just a SLR camera :whistle: I am still waiting on a few more photos to be posted from our AGM. Where you go Isaac? we lost you on the motorway. We were meeting at Motomail Outlet in Western Springs.

klyong82
30th September 2007, 19:16
Oh yeah... remember Kim?

I am quite sure no one said aye hey yeh for that

Macstar
30th September 2007, 19:27
Great I don't mine been cameraman. Now will the club buy me a digicam? I dont ask much just a SLR camera :whistle: I am still waiting on a few more photos to be posted from our AGM. Where you go Isaac? we lost you on the motorway. We were meeting at Motomail Outlet in Western Springs.

I dunno, just got on the motorway... You said Kingsland, not Western springs! Anyway, it was raining so I went home. Buy anything?

klyong82
30th September 2007, 19:36
Well i think the group spent altogether $300 worth of bike gears. Squiggles and I saw a universal bike jack for $99 bucks. Wonder did he buy it. Heaps of RJay bike pants for $109 bucks. Dan was interested in the RJay leather jacket you have. Do you still know the supplier that sold you your jacket Isaac?

Macstar
30th September 2007, 19:39
The guy I used to buy from has left, when I went out there 2 weeks ago to buy the matching Rjays leather pants a new guy quoted me $190!!!! So i politely said no thanks and left. There are Rjays sellers on TM selling cheaper than him.

klyong82
30th September 2007, 20:04
Sweet. Darn the weather next few days pretty crap...

xwhatsit
30th September 2007, 20:42

Was this one of the photos you were waiting for, Kim?

You look so fetching in pink ;)

Phurrball
30th September 2007, 20:48
Good to meet you all today -

I thought we lost a few on the way to MMoutlet - there's 2 ways to go from WildWest, either down m/way and looping back from the Pt Chev offramp, or along New North Rd where I led a gaggle of bikes.

FXRs SUCK for leading people as the mirrors are painfully crap...

Didn't get too far on our 3 man Huia expedition - made it as far as Laingholm, but it was persisting down in the Waitakeres with no sign of let up, and gear was hinting at impending leaks, so the expedition was aborted about half-way to the destination.

To the Bandit 250 fellas - will burn off a couple of copies of the Owner's manual I scanned when I had my Bandit. Will tuck under the seat for the next time I see you...

klyong82
30th September 2007, 20:49
Was this one of the photos you were waiting for, Kim?

You look so fetching in pink ;)

Haha I am pretty sure I was wearing a black Shoei helmet. I think you must have done a bit of photoshop.....told you I was having fun at the AGM. I think I should ask Don for a part time job there. :clap:

PirateJafa
30th September 2007, 21:08
To the Bandit 250 fellas - will burn off a couple of copies of the Owner's manual I scanned when I had my Bandit. Will tuck under the seat for the next time I see you...

Ya legend! :)

motorbyclist
30th September 2007, 23:41

i need a camera/video recorder with an AV line IN, so i can hook up a bullet cam on my bike/helmet and have video of all our rides (on and off the road, so needs to be robust, cheap, and preferably waterproof)

xwhatsit
30th September 2007, 23:53
Good to meet you all today -

I thought we lost a few on the way to MMoutlet - there's 2 ways to go from WildWest, either down m/way and looping back from the Pt Chev offramp, or along New North Rd where I led a gaggle of bikes.

FXRs SUCK for leading people as the mirrors are painfully crap...

Didn't get too far on our 3 man Huia expedition - made it as far as Laingholm, but it was persisting down in the Waitakeres with no sign of let up, and gear was hinting at impending leaks, so the expedition was aborted about half-way to the destination.

ZOMG! My worlds are colliding! I now have an association -- face and real-world persona, and KB persona. They have merged! I know who you are now :D The FXR threw me. I should've guessed from the Bandit talk.

Yeah it did get particularly poor, the weather. At least we tried to get to Huia, unlike the rest of you lazy girly bikers :D It was very slippery coming down the first sealed section of Huia Rd; my back wheel was locking under compression when I banged down gears, and I was very nervous about pushing the front. I enjoy riding in rain, but perhaps because of the great weather yesterday there seemed even less grip than usual.

motorbyclist
1st October 2007, 00:08
i didn't have many grip problems, and wasn't intending to have any either...

the only slip i had was on the return, up the hill. exiting a corner my front wheel just skated along a tar ribbon

man it annoys me when they fix cracks in the road by filling it with tar rather than fixing the underlying problem. it may be cheaper but they end up fixing it properly eventually, and it's bloody dangerous. (that said, most of the corners have very nice seal around there, but it's all smooth and no chip, so in the wet it isn't encouraging)

twinkle
1st October 2007, 06:27
At least we tried to get to Huia, unlike the rest of you lazy girly bikers :D

hang about, i saw you guys turn right out of the bike shop, huia is left. where'd you really go? :laugh::shifty:

klyong82
1st October 2007, 07:37
hang about, i saw you guys turn right out of the bike shop, huia is left. where'd you really go? :laugh::shifty:

We went to Motomail Outlet to buy some bike gear.

twinkle
1st October 2007, 09:15
We went to Motomail Outlet to buy some bike gear.

no not you lot, the other three that went to huia, they left before you

carbacca
1st October 2007, 09:34
they went to motomail too

twinkle
1st October 2007, 09:55
haha ok, that makes sense.

Phurrball
1st October 2007, 10:20
ZOMG! My worlds are colliding! I now have an association -- face and real-world persona, and KB persona. They have merged! I know who you are now :D The FXR threw me. I should've guessed from the Bandit talk.

Yeah it did get particularly poor, the weather. At least we tried to get to Huia, unlike the rest of you lazy girly bikers :D It was very slippery coming down the first sealed section of Huia Rd; my back wheel was locking under compression when I banged down gears, and I was very nervous about pushing the front. I enjoy riding in rain, but perhaps because of the great weather yesterday there seemed even less grip than usual.

Aye, the FXR is a bit sneaky...roll on my 'new' VTR1000! *When the mrs lets me have it after exams...roll on November!*

Yep - that first bit of Huia rd can be nasty in the wet - I'm very used to it as I ride it every time I go out on th ebike without fail. The FXR was coping pretty well, in spite of a rear tyre balder than I am... There aren't too many tar-snakes on the downhill - the uphill is far worse on the same road...as you guys would have found out on the way back...and there's that nasty manhole cover you don't see till the last minute even if you know it's there on a slightly off-camber right hander. Love those roads - but they need respect - especially in the wet...

PB/Ross

bomma
1st October 2007, 16:55
The FXR was coping pretty well, in spite of a rear tyre balder than I am...

firstly lol at the comparison :clap: :yes: and secondly that fxr has done a lot of city kms mate!! if you just lean it heaps but manage to go in a straight line then you got heapsa tread left everywhere but the centre!!!

ps. aint bald tyres fun in the wet :whistle:

Phurrball
1st October 2007, 17:33
Oh, the FXR has done city kms - but there ain't much chicken strip left since I've been abusing it. :devil2: Loving the westie twisties every day I ride home.

That, and it's a poxy Pirelli tyre - good, but poor wear! Avons all round for me where possible! :niceone:

motorbyclist
2nd October 2007, 00:27
no not you lot, the other three that went to huia, they left before you

we went there, then to huia.

it was kinda stink leaving don's shop to go to motomail....

and who dropped their bike? i hear a cbr was dropped at some point

Squiggles
2nd October 2007, 08:28
whathisnamewiththeblackcbr250rr dropped it :doh:

I'll be a back to don for a givi rack soon :D

Macstar
2nd October 2007, 08:58
it was kinda stink leaving don's shop to go to motomail....

Yeah I reckon. And it wasn't even done tactfully i.e. some yobo was yelling it out in store and in front of Don that we were off to Motomail.

bomma
2nd October 2007, 09:42
Yeah I reckon. And it wasn't even done tactfully i.e. some yobo was yelling it out in store and in front of Don that we were off to Motomail.

yea man!! that guys been awesome to the club so far and i want him to see us as a valued group!!

personally even without the club discounts i would be taking my business to wild west just because of the people that work there!! good stuf wild west :niceone:

klyong82
2nd October 2007, 10:26
yea man!! that guys been awesome to the club so far and i want him to see us as a valued group!!

personally even without the club discounts i would be taking my business to wild west just because of the people that work there!! good stuf wild west :niceone:

Agreed I think I will be moving my business to Wild West now as Don was just a great guy. Hope we provides loan bikes haha.

bomma
2nd October 2007, 11:46
Hope we provides loan bikes haha.

you just wanna take that 07 cbr thou for a spin dont ya kim :yes:

klyong82
2nd October 2007, 11:51
you just wanna take that 07 cbr thou for a spin dont ya kim :yes:

Well at least i was not asking to take that Goldwing out for a ride. I think the Fireblade is a good compromise....

HungusMaximist
2nd October 2007, 12:06
Bro, good news!

I ordered my air filter from Don (Wild West Honda) and it's only gonna cost me fifty bucks.

It definitely beats paying the full retail of $ 82.00 bucks....

If WWH kepp this up, soon enough I am gonna start giving them my full business...

klyong82
2nd October 2007, 12:16
Bro, good news!

I ordered my air filter from Don (Wild West Honda) and it's only gonna cost me fifty bucks.

It definitely beats paying $82.00. If WWH kepp this up, soon enough I am gonna start giving them my full business...

$50 is good price. Air filter normally sell for $70 buckaroos. Good on WWH

xwhatsit
2nd October 2007, 14:36
whathisnamewiththeblackcbr250rr dropped it :doh:

I'll be a back to don for a givi rack soon :D

Just off the stand when he was parking it. Mega pissed! It was in good cosmetic nick before that, too.

Oh well, just a new screen, and his left indicator was dangling off at a funny angle when we rode off. Somebody told him at the lights I think.

One of the nicest CBRs around. The can is mint -- not much bigger than a cigar, although it's not obscenely loud, which is nice. Just a really nice tone.

Macstar
2nd October 2007, 15:10
I saw it all through the window, went to help pick up the bike but 4-5 guys were there before me and I had a beer in my hand too. Unfortunately, it wasn't a well co-ordinated pickup and was dragged forward a bit at the same time (no doubt adding extra scratches to the poor fella's CBR).

Bit of a rant, but if your bike does ever drop, try and make sure it's picked directly up and by 2 or 3 guys. This will hopefully help minimise the damage.

Just as some bikes have engine kills on their side stand, I reckon stands should have a locking pin connected to the bike's ignition. It's amazing how many newbies and old dogs fail to secure their sidestand properly leading to a drop. I've seen it happen five times in the last 4 weeks!