PDA

View Full Version : I'm moving to Tauranga

Kflasher
17th September 2007, 07:54
Hey guys/ girls the wife and I are on the move.
Just putting the word out there and will look at hooking up with you once settled. About mid Oct.
I see a Thurs night event will be the go. :niceone:
On another note I am looking at Welcome Bay to camp out, what is the traffic like? I hear it is grid lock morning and night...is this little concern to me as I'm on my scooter every day? How do the local boys in blue take to lane splitting?:bleh: As it is accepted & way of life here in Auckland.

I'm currently looking for a position (Structural Drafty) so if you hear of anything....

Cheers
Rich
AKA Kflasher

Colapop
17th September 2007, 07:56
So no luck with the leads then? Aww well, there's other fish around....

Kflasher
17th September 2007, 08:02
I have followed up just waiting responce, cheers

Colapop
17th September 2007, 08:04
Good luck then...

one-speed
17th September 2007, 08:06
not another aucklander
traffic shit
cops grumpy:)

Kflasher
17th September 2007, 08:12
not another aucklander
traffic shit
cops grumby:)

hehe Born yes but not breed here, just moving on through.
Cheers for the heads up...

one-speed
17th September 2007, 08:22
you'll be right mate
there's heaps goin on here
look forward to meeting you:)

nodrog
17th September 2007, 08:38
traffic shit
cops grumby:)

now now steven dont give him the wrong impression, the traffic isnt as bad as Auckalofa.

and the coppers are lovely, they are always waving :Police:

Swoop
17th September 2007, 09:27
and the coppers are lovely, they are always waving :Police:
Please! NOT another waving thread... :rofl:

Cajun
17th September 2007, 11:19
Me and motogirl lived in welcome bay for 2 1/2 years

if you are a scooter you won't have any issues, but if you are in a car, you will have problems, morning over all isn't to bad over all, its the evening/afternoons which issue from about 4-6pm, since there is really only one way in/out of welcome bay, which causes the jam up.

I guess if you line splitting safetly shouldn't have an issue, i been doing it around these parts for 7-8 years with out an issue, but boys in blue tryed chasing motogirl on day across habour bridge line spliting

DMNTD
17th September 2007, 11:23
Traffic bad? Bloody hell...."gridlock" down here is like a free flowing road in Auckland!

Good to see another ZX10 down here too...

Kflasher
17th September 2007, 12:22
hehe sounds like good times ahead to me.
Cheers guys

MotoGirl
17th September 2007, 12:40
To give you the general idea, it would take you about 30 mins to drive from Tauranga's CBD to Welcome Bay on a good day during "rush hour". The same trip would take you 10-15 on two wheels. Welcome bay is a hole (albeit with spectacular views) and the traffic is horrendous every day, not just during the week.

Kflasher
17th September 2007, 16:26
... Welcome bay is a hole...

Hmmm you have a strong view on Welcome Bay, what is it you think has caused this?... PM me if you wish.
I do appreciate your honesty.

Cajun
17th September 2007, 16:28
she didn't like welcome bay since she took the car to work every day, so she was always stuck in traffic, and she felt everythign was so far away,

saul
17th September 2007, 19:04
hehe sounds like good times ahead to me.
Cheers guys

Only come down if you are a poser or at the very least can pose as good as the rest of us.:Pokey::devil2::rolleyes::niceone:

Kflasher
18th September 2007, 07:21
she didn't like welcome bay since she took the car to work every day, so she was always stuck in traffic, and she felt everythign was so far away,

She explained herself well in a PM.
I will use my bike every day the wife however will take the car so the only issue I can see would be to get the wife back on a bike :niceone: aye...

DMNTD
18th September 2007, 07:35
She explained herself well in a PM.
I will use my bike every day the wife however will take the car so the only issue I can see would be to get the wife back on a bike :niceone: aye...

Good shyte mate...some good keen Lady riders down this way if she needs "encouraging" :shifty:

Kflasher
18th September 2007, 07:42
Cheers DMNTD, at 4'11" and ~45kg (I may get shot for that) she is more like a backpack than a pillion hehe.
I will have to hook up with some lady riders and get then to plant the seed with the wife.:devil2:

nodrog
18th September 2007, 08:08
I will have to hook up with some lady riders and get then to plant the seed with the wife.:devil2:

that sounds like a fun game, make sure you take pics :niceone: